Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You obviously missed the point of my philosophy.

Bills = total debt

total debt = divided in half

bills paid = money left over

money left over  = whatever you want.

No arguements - EVER about money.

Are you talking joint income? Even with the bills paid off, any expendiatures of major $$ SHOULD be decided on between the spouses. Have I always done that? As I said earlier, no. Nor has she, although her "big " expendiatures tend to be cheaper than mine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:25:23 AM EDT
[#2]
My husband always asks me,and usually takes me to see what he wants to buy. Which can sometimes turn out to be more expensive for him! He will usually go back and forth and I am the one who tells him if he really wants it to just buy it. He always makes sure we have a roof over our heads,groceries, and the bills are paid. So I guess in our case we ask the other,but it is never a problem. Neither of us make really big purchases with out the other anyways.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes.

For my efforts, Miz LWilde rewarded me with a beautiful EBR last year on my birthday!

Almost 32 years now...been great too.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Say man goes out and purchases a gun, assuming money's tight, there's debt, etc. Should woman go and buy $800 pair of diamond earrings? My answer would be "NO". The money's not there in the first place so why make it worse? Woman will just have to sit there in her old crappy work shoes, holy underwear and faded clothes right? I think not, end of the damn ban or not.

Is that $800 pair of earings from a friend of a friend who needs money?Are they antiques?Are they really worth  $4000-5000 ?? Well than hell yes!! Sounds like a good investment to me.
Lucky for me my fiance isnt attracted to huge gawdy jewlery,but she does know a good deal and realizes that money spent on good deals can be dumped if/when needed.

EXAMPLE)  I was working on the road,she called from one of her kid's,friend's garage sale.
They had their grandfathers old Winchester 351 auto-loaders for $200 ! I said 'SNAG IT' !

A year or so later we needed $$ and inside of three days had sold it for $500.Im not big into guns I cant take out and shoot and have to worry about a scratch hurting the value (ie antiques) Someday Ill buy some safe queens to have ,but for now Ill stick to AWs and bolt guns.

As far as eating ramen noodles to afford a pile of LEO mags or another FAL reciever?Nope! I think weve got a few months to make some purchaces before the SHTF in the white house.She trusts my judgement on money matters too..........that helps a lot!

She has seen my collection go from 35-38 guns to about 15 this year so we could pay bills.I believe in guns as a form of a rainy-day bank account.And they are alot more fun to look at and play with than a bank statement
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not married, but I would say it seems like the responsible thing to do.
That in mind though, I seriously doubt that my future  wife is going to consult me for very long as I'm very frugal with money. I occasionally splurge on something now and then, but it's VERY rare. So basically if I'm saving for a rainy day, she sees we have "extra" money and wants to spend it, 9 times out of 10 she's going to get a big fat NO from me. I don't care how much "extra" money there is, there may come a time when there isn't enough and you'll need that to cover it.

Hence the reason i currently only have one rifle. Can't seem to rationalize to myself that I really NEED more than that. Nice to have sure, but not a requirement.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm...
This is a very difficult situation.
Requires alot of thinking.
I bet you he got an awesome deal that could not be passed up,
a deal that wouldn't be there in a month or two or even one more day.

Who knows he may have even deserved it.

I know who it is. We talked about the incedent.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's  nice when they ask, and it helps the trust from being destroyed

So how would woman handle this scenerio? Assuming damage is done? Cuz I have this friend who wants to know....

Simple.  She should tell the husband that all mojor financial discissions should be talked about first prior to purchase.  If he says that it is his money and he can do anything he wants with it then the wife should stop doing all house work including martital relations until he comes around and starts being the husband he is supoossed to be.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Depends on who makes the money
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#9]
try to go easy on him, this [ban] dont happen every day, & he should make it up to you on something you REALLY want. [my 2 cents worth.]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Don't marry a man like this.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't marry a man like this.

Sgatr15

I agree with Applewhite.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top