Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of Microbreweries will have samplers that you can order. 3-4 oz of each of their various beers.

See what types you like more than others.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, my. Well, the good news is, you've never actually had beer, so there's hope for you yet.  

What state are you in?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of beer have you tried, and of those that you've tried, which did you hate the least? Maybe we can figure something out for you.

I mostly have just tried what ever is available at parties, Bud Light, Busch Light, etc etc . Probably the best two in the light beer genre I have had is Yuengling and Stella.
Oh, my. Well, the good news is, you've never actually had beer, so there's hope for you yet.  

What state are you in?

Lol, I've tried all the best beer out there, I've had Bud AND Busch. Someone get this nancy a real beer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is a confession thread, I like a cosmopolitan sometimes.  I don't care what anyone drinks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I dont l like beer ...

Before you ask me "Boy,  you some kind of faggot?". My preferred drink is neat bourbon so dont doubt my manhood. I just dont like the taste of beer unless I am already pretty wasted haha. Any suggestions on some craft beers to try to maybe branch out? Yes I realize this could go poorly.
View Quote
Dragons Milk. Has a nice bourbon taste as do a few other bourbon cask beers.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well, I'm not going to suggest anything "mass produced".  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah trust me, haha, I will need to travel somewhere to pick up some good ones, but Bi-Lo might have some of the other brands you might suggest that are more mass produced.

Craft beers with (more or less) nationwide distribution you might want to check out, include Stone, Dogfish Head, Great Divide, Flying Dog, Southern Tier, and Russian River. These breweries make a lot of different styles, and all of them tend to be decent examples of those styles.

And if all else fails, Samuel Adams is freaking everywhere. Just stay away from their gimmicky holiday/fruity/bullshit beers. Stick with the standards.
Heathen. The Winter Ale is awesome as is the Oktoberfest. The Boston Lager is shite. A single Cherry Wheat is OK once in a while.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Craft beers with (more or less) nationwide distribution you might want to check out, include Stone, Dogfish Head, Great Divide, Flying Dog, Southern Tier, and Russian River. These breweries make a lot of different styles, and all of them tend to be decent examples of those styles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah trust me, haha, I will need to travel somewhere to pick up some good ones, but Bi-Lo might have some of the other brands you might suggest that are more mass produced.

And if all else fails, Samuel Adams is freaking everywhere. Just stay away from their gimmicky holiday/fruity/bullshit beers. Stick with the standards.
Heathen. The Winter Ale is awesome as is the Oktoberfest. The Boston Lager is shite. A single Cherry Wheat is OK once in a while.

Some of their seasonals are (more or less) fine. It's shit like Cherry Chocolate Bock, and Maple Pecan Porter that I want him to avoid.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Does Sam Adams actually brew anything good?  I've never had anything I would care to try twice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with Sam Adams White Christmas Fruitcake Gingerbread!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with Sam Adams White Christmas Fruitcake Gingerbread!  

......... with a light dusting of freshly ground Nutmeg.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you don't like beer, just be really hot, tired, and hungry, and let the only thing you'll let yourself have is a very cold beer.

You'll like it after that forevermore.
View Quote

Well, following that logic a bottle of cat piss would be just as good
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's okay OP. . . Frankly I prefer to drink Coors light when sitting down to watch the game.

I don't really get into the thousands of microbrews, or Hoppy IPA's they try and sell to my demographic. (FYI: there is a shit ton of them in WA)
View Quote

There ARE a shit ton here in WA...we're so lucky!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Before I stopped drinking, I didn't like scotch at first.  That changed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like beer when it's hotter 'n hell and I've been out working in the heat.

For the rest of the time
There's Bourbon,

Neat.

View Quote

Well played sir.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does Sam Adams actually brew anything good?  I've never had anything I would care to try twice.
View Quote

They have a pretty good Summer Ale, essentially a Saison or at least their interpretation of it. Most of their brew is pretty meh with some of it being down right nasty (Cherry Wheat comes to mind. You can always find Boston Lager and generally one of their season brews, no matter how shitty the bar. There are far, far better options out there.

For the OP to dismiss all beers, (especially if he has a very limited exposure,) is silly.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Don't forget to put the Jolly Rancher in it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
The only alcohol I have is Everclear. But it is for prepping only.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Boy,you some kind of faggot?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate non beer too

My favorite beer is dogfish head 90 min but 60 min works too

Try one and thank me later
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top