Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well I guess realistically, the majority of them probably are ok, but when I get get screwed by at least two everyday, at least once on the way to work and at least once on the way home so it seems worse than it might be.

OK, I hate assholes that drive trucks.

If you're getting screwed by other drivers EVERY day maybe you need to give yourself some more time to get where you're going.

Lack of planing on your part is not an emergency to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I guess realistically, the majority of them probably are ok, but when I get get screwed by at least two everyday, at least once on the way to work and at least once on the way home so it seems worse than it might be.

If you're getting screwed by other drivers EVERY day maybe you need to give yourself some more time to get where you're going.

I shouldn't have to modify my routine because people can't fucking drive properly.

You must be one of those drivers that thinks they're in their own little world and can drive as slow as they want without any questions.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I shouldn't have to modify my routine because people can't fucking drive properly.

You must be one of those drivers that thinks they're in their own little world and can drive as slow as they want without any questions.

I would gladly let you go for a week with me.  I will even let you "try" to drive for a while.  It will prove to you how little you really know.  What are you?  18 years old?  inexperienced as hell?  probably.  As I said, try it and you might learn a little bit.  It doesn't take a genious to figure out the effects of mass and inertia power to weight ratios etc...  You have a 2000# car with 150 hp (average) I have an 80,000# truck with 470 hp.  Just over 3 times the ponies pulling 40 times the weight........  Figure it out.  Also, it would not be changing your routine to compensate for someone else, it is simply changing your routine, because your routine was flawed IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!  You say it happens every day.  Did it just suddenly start or was traffic like that when you started?  I guarantee it was that way in the first place.  So, you are the problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would gladly let you go for a week with me.  I will even let you "try" to drive for a while.  It will prove to you how little you really know.  What are you?  18 years old?  inexperienced as hell?  probably.  As I said, try it and you might learn a little bit.  It doesn't take a genious to figure out the effects of mass and inertia power to weight ratios etc...  You have a 2000# car with 150 hp (average) I have an 80,000# truck with 470 hp.  Just over 3 times the ponies pulling 40 times the weight........  Figure it out.  Also, it would not be changing your routine to compensate for someone else, it is simply changing your routine, because your routine was flawed IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!  You say it happens every day.  Did it just suddenly start or was traffic like that when you started?  I guarantee it was that way in the first place.  So, you are the problem.

You don't have the slightest idea what the fuck you're talking about. I've been driving for 20 years.

How in the world can you continue to justify this jackass truck driver this morning that insisted on remaining in the fast lane going 10mph under the speed limit? Why couldn't the fucking moron just move over into another lane? Why must he continue to drive at that slow speed with no one in front of him for over a mile?

Quit responding to this thread if you don't even understand WTF I'm talking about. If you drive a truck and drive well fine, but many of these fucking idiots don't and actually seem to enjoy doing stupid shit to cause other people trouble.

Also, my routine is not flawed, I have a certain amount of miles to drive to get to work and it takes a certain amount of time to get there based off of the speedlimit. Now if dumb fucks instist on stopping on the freeway to look at someone changing a tire, or insist on driving 10-15mph or whatever they feel like under the speed limit, they are in fact the problem. Not me.

So if truck drivers have to go so slow, why do some of them actually ride peoples asses sometimes, even in the rain? 25% drive way to slow, 25% drive way to fast and maybe 50% aren't doing anything too terribly stupid, and I'm being generous with those figures.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I shouldn't have to slam on my brakes every 500 feet cause some fucking little bitch is late for work and wants to cut me off. I don't ride the left lane. When I pass slower traffic I go around it then move back over. I plan my move ahead of time and don't stare just at the vehicle in front of me. When I see someone trying to get on the road I move over and let them on, are you one the assholes who then sits along side of me and won't let back over?

When I get up I turn the radio on for the traffic reports. I know how long it takes to get some where on a normal day and leave so I'm at my starting point .5 hours early. Sometimes I just get there at my start time, sometimes I'm there 1+  hours early cause traffic was flowing very well. Sometimes after I get my rig rolling there's a bad wreck and I'm 1+ hours late.

Maybe you should find a job closer to where you live or move closer to where you work. If you're stressing this much driving to and from work EVERY day then you have piss poor planing and it ani't my fault. You need to learn how to relax more and go with the flow before you stroke out one of these days.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have made a few strange observations back when I was driving medium trucks for work. The place I worked had incredibly crappy straight trucks, the best of which topped out at 70 on a good day. So when on the highway, we just sit in the right lane with the pedal to the floor. Cars and semis would pass us cleanly, but the problem came along with other people driving crappy trucks. Some would have just barely enough power to try to pass us. They'd sit there next to us, probably with their gas floored too, for what seemed like 10 minutes, trying to get past. Some would manage to make it, others would sit there for a while, then drop back again. Kinda like the race of the cripples or something.

I never figured out why I would see two trucks on an otherwise completely clear stretch of road doing that.  I now understand.  I used to think, "Now, why the hell would that trucker try to pass that other trucker when they're both going the same speed?"

I generally don't get annoyed with truckers unless they start weaving out of their lane - that can be kind of spooky when you have a semi on one side and a jersey barrier on the other and you don't know if the guy is just having a hard time controlling his rig or if he's coming over in your lane for a visit.

But I used to have people do really stupid things in front of me when I used to drive military trucks off post a lot, too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Most of them are rude fucking idiots. I think some states have laws that prevent them from driving in the left lane, I wish we had that here in AZ. Every fucking morning during rush hour traffic on the way to work I get fucked by several of them, in fact just today one of those jack asses was cruising at 55mph in a 65mph zone in the fast lane when he could have easily just moved over into the middle lane. All this causes is a mad scramble as everyone tries to find away around the stupid mother fucker, and that's what's really dangerous, numerous cars at freeway speeds trying to change lanes at the same time to get away from some idiot.

Sometimes the morons like to side-by-side cruise at the exact same speed blocking ever single lane.

Oh yeah, and did I say:

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS?

well I drive a truck every day through Chicago in the left lane ..Why you ask ? Because it is the safest lane for a truck to be in through major metropolitan areas ,since you don't have morons driven 4 wheelers trying to cut across 2 ,3 , 4 lanes in a split second to make their exit (which they almost missed cuz the dumbass's were talking on their phones,or whatever )...you also don't have to worry about some f@#n complete idiot that cant merge ,so the guy behind him jumps out into the traffic lanes at 20mph(we knickname him smoosh)......And I could go on and on ,simply put the left lane is the safest to be in for a truck.........so kindly go around and have a nice day

On a side note I have been pulled over for being in the left lane (NO Trucks) and both times after explaining why I was there ,was let go and told to continue .
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Aw, c'mon, you're leaving out torque ratios!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#9]
89grand: How many miles of your commute are spent on the highway?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You don't have the slightest idea what the fuck you're talking about. I've been driving for 20 years.

Also, my routine is not flawed, I have a certain amount of miles to drive to get to work and it takes a certain amount of time to get there based off of the speedlimit. Now if dumb fucks instist on stopping on the freeway to look at someone changing a tire, or insist on driving 10-15mph or whatever they feel like under the speed limit, they are in fact the problem. Not me.

If you've been driving for 20 years and still think you'll be able to drive the speed limit every time you get on the road, that's some strange stuff you're smoking.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
89grand, the guy may well be an idiot. there are idiots in every profession. there are also many idiots driving cars. to hate all of them because of a few is stupid.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you've been driving for 20 years and still think you'll be able to drive the speed limit every time you get on the road, that's some strange stuff you're smoking.

Why should I not be able to drive the speed limit? The only reason I can't is because of fucking idiots. There's no other rational explanation for it. It's the highway, no stop lights, if everybody would just fucking drive there wouldn't be any problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

About 35 miles round trip.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]
The real problem?   We've all seen the ads on TV.  "Three weeks to a CDL!"  (And, the transplanted bimbo with the massive fake boobs - I loved the image; for FL, let's not forget the old people from Wiscahnsin and Maine)

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Where I work they say we save about 500$ every rail car we get in instead of the 4 semis it takes to equal the load.  That is just going from chicago to ottawa, Ohio unless the trucker gets a special permit then he can haul 2 coils as apposed to 1.  I see at least 2 trains in ottawa every day and If I have to wait it takes like 3 min because they are driving fast I probably have to wait more on semis on average.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Moving goods by train is more economical for long hauls. I'd like to see more train traffic / less truck traffic.

And absolutely no one plays chicken with the 100 car  freight train moving at 50 mph and survives to tell the tale!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
A whole lot of this anti-truck shit would come to a screeching halt if drivers' ed would include some commercial vehicle related information. I, for one, would love to see new drivers required to ride for at least one whole day in a big truck. I guarantee it would change the noobies perspective.  As far as the railroads are concerned, how flexible can any system be when it has fixed tracks? Besides, we taxpayers have been subsidizing trains since JimmyWhere-the-fuck-did-I-come-fromCarter was in charge. It's just a make-work/retirement program for railroad workers. I wish I could afford to haul for 55 cents a mile. Don't get me started.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool. I want to put the time thing in perspective. This will only address the additional time required of you during your commute, caused by being stuck behind a slow truck.

Assumption: Speed limit is 65.
Assumption: Under ideal conditions, you would drive 65mph for 17.5 highway miles on your way to work.
Assumption: My contrast, a miserable experience would involve being stuck behind a truck at 55mph for the entire 17.5 miles.
Assumption: Being stuck behind a truck doing 45 mph would REALLY suck.
Fact: Distance = Rate x Time.

Under ideal conditions, the time spent on the highway would be 16 minutes.
If stuck behind a truck at 55mph for the entire time spent on the highway, the time would be 19 minutes.
If stuck behind a truck at 45mph for the entire time spent on the highway, the time would be 23 minutes.

Under HORRIBLE conditions (45mph the entire way), you would lose a grand total of 7 minutes. At 55mph the entire way, you would lose a whopping 3 minutes.

Just something to think about. Take 'er easy.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Cellphone drivers are worse.

They drive 10 mph under the limit, causing havoc on the highway. They run red lights by not paying attention. They do not maintain a constant speed around curves or grades.

I've thought about the merits of buying a microwave jammer for my vehicle. Unfortunately I'd need a special FCC license to operate the jammer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Cellphone drivers are worse.

They drive 10 mph under the limit, causing havoc on the highway. They run red lights by not paying attention. They do not maintain a constant speed around curves or grades.

I've thought about the merits of buying a microwave jammer for my vehicle. Unfortunately I'd need a special FCC license to operate the jammer.

Oh I hate them too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Getting mad at truckers is like getting mad at a retard.  I don't think they're assholes,  I just think they're fucking stupid.  Ever listen to a trucker song, or watch a movie about truckers?  I've had the misfortune of being exposed to both and it was torture of the worst kind.  Just consider the source and allow your self more time to get to work.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool. I want to put the time thing in perspective. This will only address the additional time required of you during your commute, caused by being stuck behind a slow truck.

Assumption: Under ideal conditions, you would drive 65mph for 17.5 highway miles on your way to work.
Assumption: My contrast, a miserable experience would involve being stuck behind a truck at 55mph for the entire 17.5 miles.

If stuck behind a truck at 55mph for the entire time spent on the highway, the time would be 19 minutes.
If stuck behind a truck at 45mph for the entire time spent on the highway, the time would be 23 minutes.

Under HORRIBLE conditions (45mph the entire way), you would lose a grand total of 7 minutes. At 55mph the entire way, you would lose a whopping 3 minutes.

Don't confuse his feelings with logic, the horor, the horor.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Getting mad at truckers is like getting mad at a retard.  I don't think they're assholes,  I just think they're fucking stupid.  Ever listen to a trucker song, or watch a movie about truckers?  I've had the misfortune of being exposed to both and it was torture of the worst kind.  Just consider the source and allow your self more time to get to work.  

Truckers don't make movies, nor are they songwriters. Red Sovine - who has probably recorded more "trucker songs" than any other human being, was not a truck driver. C.W. McCall, who wrote what could arguably be refered to as THE trucker anthem (Convoy) was not a truck driver. Just keeping it honest...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't confuse his feelings with logic, the horor, the horor.

Well if everyday you went to back out of your driveway and your neighbor was blocking your driveway with his car and he did it every single day for no reason, but he only did it for 5 minutes and then moved, would it not bother you?

It shouldn't...it's only 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#25]
The majority of goods you buy are brought by truckers. If not for them you would probably starve.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Well if everyday you went to back out of your driveway and your neighbor was blocking your driveway with his car and he did it every single day for no reason, but he only did it for 5 minutes and then moved, would it not bother you?

Personally, I'd be upset. It's irritating. However...

I couldn't claim it was adding an appreciable time to my commute, nor could I suggest that it was responsible for my late arrival at work - particuarly if it was a known daily occurance.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Most of them are rude fucking idiots. I think some states have laws that prevent them from driving in the left lane, I wish we had that here in AZ. Every fucking morning during rush hour traffic on the way to work I get fucked by several of them, in fact just today one of those jack asses was cruising at 55mph in a 65mph zone in the fast lane when he could have easily just moved over into the middle lane. All this causes is a mad scramble as everyone tries to find away around the stupid mother fucker, and that's what's really dangerous, numerous cars at freeway speeds trying to change lanes at the same time to get away from some idiot.

Sometimes the morons like to side-by-side cruise at the exact same speed blocking ever single lane.

Oh yeah, and did I say:

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS?

I've been driving truck for 16 years. I hate morons in cars.

65 in Phoenix during rush hour, now that's some funny shit

What do you lose? maybe 2 minutes?
Try driving a truck for awhile, between Federal and state regs, dealing with all the fucking morons on the road and all the asshole shippers and recievers that like to do everything they can to use up our time without paying us, I don't have time to worry about what another sniveling little 4 wheeler wants to cry about
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Some days it takes me 10 minutes to drive to the yard where I park my truck. Some days it takes 20 minutes. I don't get all stressed out over it. If you're stressing over 10 minutes every day, you need to learn how to relax. I'm sure the gov't has some extra cheese to go with your whine.

I'm driving to Reno tomorrow for 4 days of fun. It might take me 4.5 hours to get there, but the same trip has taken 11 hours in the past. Either way I'm not going to come back here and whine about it. I'll just deal with what ever I have to.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, and did I say:

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS?

Try driving a truck for awhile, between Federal and state regs, dealing with all the fucking morons on the road and all the asshole shippers and recievers that like to do everything they can to use up our time without paying us, I don't have time to worry about what another sniveling little 4 wheeler wants to cry about

"Nope, you need to go to building 2. Like it says on your paperwork. Yeah, it's the building with 8 docks instead of the 1 attached to this building."

"Sure, I understand you need to get back to the yard so you can go home for the weekend, but I ain't signing for that. The tilt-meter is blue and the shockwatch is busted. That part in the crate is about 65,000 dollars, and they can NOT be dropped. Best get your dispatcher on the horn."

"Yeah, I'm sure it was like that when you got it. But you should know better than to sign for OBVIOUSLY broken articles."

"Why the FUCK are you not placarded? You have a fucking truck full of goddamn perchlorate, and the drums are half busted. Hold on, I gotta call our ERT and Environmental guys..."

GT
Asshole receiving guy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Personally I would be satisfied if all vehicles obeyed the law and stayed to the right except to pass. Try driving in Europe some time and you will see what a difference this makes.
Oh I almost forgot that left lane it’s not the fast lane, there is only one speed limit on a road, the left lane is called the passing lane.

Rich V
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd rather drive a trip with truck traffic than a bunch of cars any day
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Truckers usually have all kinds of extra electronics like TVs and audio stuff , spare washer and dryers and just about anything you need for home or garden, So make them your friend and you can get some good deals from all that so called extra stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I feel your pain.  Every work day I drive a part of I85 that is loaded with trucks.  At least once a week one of them about runs me off the road.  I see them swerving all over the place, unable to maintain their lane.  It scares the crap out of me.

It's no wonder they have a hard time maintaining their lanes.  That stretch of I85 is narrow as hell compared to further on down after 985 dumps in.  There also seems to be one helluva crown along there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I hate all the immature, impatient, speed crazed, street racer wanna be, whiney, I OWN THE ROAD  people out there on the road while I am trying to make a living.

I got news for you bubba, 98% of the truck drivers out there are FAR better drivers than the average commuter on the road.  They have had to pass more training and tests just to be there in that big rig than you probably know. They have to follow more federal, state, county and city laws than most people ever dreamed of. They don't get to see their families or friends for weeks on end. They used to be heros to people but now most people just wanna bitch because they slow up traffic of make you 2 minutes late for your chest waxing appointment.

How about this....
If a couple of minutes makes you late.......leave earlier
If you get so outraged over a simple thing like using a freeway ........ try prozac
If you don't want trucks on the road...  stop buying cloths, food, medicine and everything else.

Yes I am a truck driver and people like you annoy me.
My truck accelerates very slowly, I'm sorry. Its not much fun for me either,
My truck makes wide turns, how about having some common courtousy and give me some room,
My truck takes forever to change lanes since I need a space about 10 times bigger than you do.

Do I ever see an idiot truck driver...........yes!
BUT, for every one I see I see about 100 idiots in cars doing stupid shit.

Christ, last week in Phoenix I was sitting in traffic on the 202 and looked down and what do I see?
A GUY giving another guy  (the driver) a handjob....

And the one that REALLY pisses me off is the "Too fast - Too Furious" wanna be's  racing down the freeway whipping in and out doing around 110 mph!

Soooo, dont have a cow man. Slow down alittle, learn courtousy, be mature and try not to hate so much. It's gonna eat away at you and make you a bitter old man someday.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#35]
to 89grand

if you don't like truck drivers thats fine,so i say put your money where your mouth is,go sit in the fucking woods naked cold and hungry.
remember if you have it a truck brought it,and that is everything you have ,not just food,those guns you have ,the ammo components,powder,the computer,every thing!!!!!!!

the gross weight of the average otr truck is 80,000 lbs.we cant start or stop very fast.to change lanes we have to be able to move 60 to 70 ft of truck safely at highway speeds that can take quite a distance,and when cars insist on staying beside the trailer it just takes that much longer,not to mention when they get in front of us and just hit the brakes for no known reason.
but since you don't like truck drivers rest assured we don't like you either
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Is this a Bash Truck Drivers thread?

OK, my bitch are the truck Nazi's that get side by side to block both lanes of the highway during traffic back-ups.  They get both lanes clogged up behind them, but often only one lane or a large open space is in front of them.  Try to get around them and they'll run you down into the ditch or median.

Hmm.

While heading north on the 15 (So Cal) to go shooting in the desert, heard truckers talking about blocking cars. Then I saw the trucks . . . side by side on a two lane freeway entrance, keeping traffic at a nice, slow speed.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Oh yeah, and did I say:

I HATE TRUCK DRIVERS?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Okay F'tard, how many of these songs are written by truckers?  How many of the movies are written by truckers?  I can watch Black dog and laugh my ass off about how f'ing bogus it is.  Learn about reality.  Hollywood and music aren't reality.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1

Tex78
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

35 miles per day = 175 per week =9100 miles per year.....
650 miles per day=3900 per week (we drive on average 6 days per week)=202800 per year

All are based with no vacation etc...I actually do over 150,000 miles per year which is more than 10 times the average commuter.  So, in 2 years time, I have as much experience as you do in your 20years of driving.  Not to mention the fact that I have been driving commercial trucks for almost 10 years and have been driving all together for 27 years, I would say that I have much more experience than you.  Therefor, Shut up rookie and learn WTF you are talking about before you complain about truckers!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know, our resident professional truck driver may be alot of things, but a dangerous, non-courteous driver he is not. Maybe there are alot out there that make it difficult for the rest of us to drive, so let's remember that. Despite Nationwide's sexual preferences and frequent trips to the Bay Area, I'm sure everything he does while driving is nothing but professional in nature.

Jason lives about 5 or so miles from me.   I haven't been over to his house yet though - everytime I'm invited, he always asks if I can wear my tightest jeans & a half shirt.      

I'm soooo going to hell for this but
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I'd rather share roadspace with OTR/Long Haul drivers than the fucking scumbag braindead dangerous assholes that pilot the gravel trucks in my area. Nothing like trying to pull out of your neighborhood onto a road with a 35mph speed limit and nearly being creamed because the truck that was a quarter mile back is now 6 inches off your bumper. Why is he 6 inches off your bumper, you ask? I'll tell you. It's because he's doing double the fucking speed limit.
!

You know what's worse? When they don't drive with their tarps on.  It's not fun to get your car dented because some trucker blew his load all over the road.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#43]
If you got it, more then likely a trucker brought it!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Well this mornings rant is because I was getting screwed by truck drivers.

Well, stop being a lot lizzard.

And if you pissant four wheelers would stop doing dumbass shit like weaving in and out of traffic in front of us and slamming on your brakes, maybe we wouldnt have to do 55mph to keep from running over your ass.  Ever seen a truck driver?  I guarantee you that at least one of those "assholes" behind the wheel has thought about letting you reap what you sew.  We stay in the left 2 lanes in towns because we want to stay out of your way and not put you in more danger.

The next time you see a truck driver, do him a favor and move out of his blind spots.  Or give him the room his mass and inertia deserve.  Or better yet, when he is changing lanes, let him in.  Flash your headlights and 4/5 times he will blink his 4-ways to say thanks.  Courtesy begets safety.  Haste and stupidity beget injury and death.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I tend to give truckers a wide berth.  Do not cut them off or hide in their blind spots.  And I rarely ever pass them on the interstate.  I remember a jingle from some old b & w movie that pretty much sums it up.

"Uphill Slow,
Downhill Fast,
Tonnage First,
Safety Last."

Don't mess with Truckers !
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You know what's worse? When they don't drive with their tarps on.  It's not fun to get your car dented because some trucker blew his load all over the road.  

God I get tired of reading crap like this. Rocks big enough to dent your car cannot and will not "blow" out of a dump truck bed. Dry fines, dust, dry sand, and dry dirt can "blow" out of a dump bed. Anything larger than that could spill off a overloaded dump bed, leak out of holes in the dump body, or spill off the outside of the bed. But they won't "blow" off the truck if they are inside the dump body. Every time I've gotten a load in a dump truck I make sure there's nothing hanging on the edges or outside of the dump body that can fall off. If its a dry load that could blow dust I either wet the load or tarp it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God I get tired of reading crap like this. Rocks big enough to dent your car cannot and will not "blow" out of a dump truck bed. Dry fines, dust, dry sand, and dry dirt can "blow" out of a dump bed. Anything larger than that could spill off a overloaded dump bed, leak out of holes in the dump body, or spill off the outside of the bed. But they won't "blow" off the truck if they are inside the dump body. Every time I've gotten a load in a dump truck I make sure there's nothing hanging on the edges or outside of the dump body that can fall off. If its a dry load that could blow dust I either wet the load or tarp it.

Rocks big enough to dent your car, crack your windshield, cause your thumbnail to fall off (motorcycle thing--cagers wouldn't understand) break your visor, leave a welt the size of a golfball, break a toe, and cause other such damage can and DO come off the gravel trucks in my area.

Never mind the truck in front of you--hell, the stuff falling off his truck is doing 80 in a 35 anyhow. It's the ONCOMING truck (doing 70 easy) trailing a cloud of 3/4 inch screened and other road debris that you have to worry about.

And that's not including the fucking manure trucks loaded to overflowing....

GT
Just because you drive 200 thousand miles a year doesn't mean you're any good at it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Most of them are rude fucking idiots.

Its a qualification to get the job. They are pretty much complete losers as well. They are on the same skill level as immigrant vegetable pickers. What do you want from unskilled labor? They do provide a needed service but that does not improve what and who they are.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most of them are rude fucking idiots.

Its a qualification to get the job. They are pretty much complete losers as well. They are on the same skill level as immigrant vegetable pickers. What do you want from unskilled labor? They do provide a needed service but that does not improve what and who they are.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. OVER.

My father is one of the finest examples of a human being on this earth, and he drives a truck. The man is a saint, and the epitome of what a man should be. What the FUCK is wrong with you? That had better be a troll post.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top