Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plastic gas cans are a joke today.

Stupid CARB compliant cans aren't worth shit.

I still have a few high flow gas cans I bought back before they mandated those stupid low emissions cans.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Go get the can and take a video of how you where pouring it into the tank.

The we can tell you what you where doing wrong.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes you have to use the pen trick.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And as funny as this thread is (even for me), I still don't get WTF happened.

And right there is why it's so funny.  

Glad you're taking it so well, we all make stupid mistakes.  Even me.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is this a ford?  

Need a special funnel to fill from a can.

Yes, it is a 2010.

The Easy Fuel system contains patented anti-diesel nozzle and anti-siphoning technology. The flapper latches won't release unless the right-sized filler nozzle is inserted.

To protect the Easy Fuel from dirt, dust and debris, the system relies on a flexible rubber seal in the body housing.

Since this is a specialized system, you might wonder what will happen if you were to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, however, Ford's engineers also thought of that possibility and have placed a special plastic funnel in the spare tire kit. This funnel will allow you to use a portable gas can to put gas in the tank if you run dry somewhere west of East Nowhere on an Interstate.

Aitken noted that because fuel cans are not standardized in terms of their necks, we needed to make sure customers could easily get fuel into the system, if they run out. The special funnel is the same size as the standard fuel filler nozzle at gas stations.

My trunk is jammed full with stuff now but I will have to dig that thing out now just to see WTF it is.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this a ford?  

Yes, it is a 2010.

And you didn't see the sticker on the fuel filler door?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Give the guy a break.....

I am sure the OP isn't the first guy to find out his nozzle is to short to fill the tank
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a ford?  

Yes, it is a 2010.

And you didn't see the sticker on the fuel filler door?  

No, Sorry.  I wasn't expecting to have to read instructions to pour gas into the tank.  Apparently, I was wrong to assume that it should just pour in.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You gotta shove the nozzle in there pretty far and turn the container upside down.

At least that's what I had to do.

"That's what she said!"  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You gotta shove the nozzle in there pretty far and turn the container upside down.

At least that's what I had to do.

"That's what she said!"  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't feel bad I dumped Gas all over the first time I tried to dump it in my 2010 Ford also. Then I found the Funnel designed for this it was with the Spare tire tools as noted earlier in the thread.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The Easy Fuel system contains patented anti-diesel nozzle and anti-siphoning technology. The flapper latches won't release unless the right-sized filler nozzle is inserted.

Snip............

Since this is a specialized system, you might wonder what will happen if you were to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, however, Ford's engineers also thought of that possibility and have placed a special plastic funnel in the spare tire kit. ......................

Awesome.

They gave you something guaranteed to get lost at some point that you can't "can refuel" without.  

Anybody want to place odds on what percentage of post 2010 Ford's make it into the used car arena with that special funnel on board?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
My Dodge has one of those fuckin' things too and I can ONLY get gas from a can in it if I use this ONE, long, skinny funnel I have! Not a ONE of my numerous  gas-cans' spouts will fit in the damn thing! (And especially not the "new-type"! Whoever came up with those "spill-cans" oughta' be shot!)

I feel your pain, OP! It's freakin' ridiculous!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Really? you dont know about the valves? Its the metal flap you see when you open the gas tank.

hahah +1

Next time you want to waste gas just call me, I'll take it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My trunk is jammed full with stuff now but I will have to dig that thing out now just to see WTF it is.

Did you find it?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Give the guy a break.....

I am sure the OP isn't the first guy to find out his nozzle is to short to fill the tank

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top