Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunshops are dropping out like dead flies near here.

2 down in the last few months.

Gun Shows seem to be following suit not far behind sadly too.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Customer support at gun shops (at least around me) blows donkey balls.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
+1, gun shops are not for gun enthusiasts, they are for average joe's who just need a gun for whatever reason. They never carry the good stuff that we are interesed in. I only use em for transfers.

+1

I'm from a small town and my local shop only carries 10/22s and .38s....literally.  

They do always price match for me, so I always buy pistols from them and I give them my business on stripped receiver transfers, $10.  Their ammo prices are ridiculous though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gunshops are dropping out like dead flies near here.

2 down in the last few months.

Gun Shows seem to be following suit not far behind sadly too.

Danny

I think supply/demand economics doesn't apply to local gunshops and gunshows.  It seems as though they would rather go out of business than drop their prices.  It's a shame too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Pistol Parlor in Mesa, Az always has great assortment of everything. Its a small shop so they dont carry much but they have about 10 Ar's. They had decent assortment of Ar parts and tac lights. Sometimes they have bulk ammo too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
My local shop is EBR friendly and has a nice selection of Bushys. The prices are darn good too, so I buy from them frequently. If not for the EBR stuff I probably wouldn't go there. Transfers are 25 per serial #, which isn't great but not too bad.

Then if I want to drive an hour to Loveland, there is JensenArms mmmmmm, yes.

Fortunately all the commies from Kali haven't screwed up all of Colorado yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I still go to local shops whenever I can afford it.  We have 2 good gunshops in Jonesboro:  Al's Lock & Key and Trent's Rental Center.  Both have a great assortment of guns and are staffed by good folks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I have always wondered how well it would work out if I opened up my own gun shop and actually stocked cool stuff at decent prices.

I can't believe some shops are still charging $30 for USGI 30rd mags though I did manage to hit one local gun shop and was able to come home with many boxes of .40S&W for $5/box

One local guy we all call "Old grumpy"  He is 100% pure ass hole.  If you aren't buying he will chase your ass out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...not out of boycotting or anything, just kind of happend. There's nothing they offer me any more.
4 times a year a gun show comes to my town and I'll buy the piddly stuff there and fondle guns there.

My colllection's grown over the years and it's doubtful the shops would have anything I'd want anyway.

My last handgun was from the EE.

Reloading supplies are mailed ordered from MidwayUSA and Dillon and a few other places.

Ones local to me don't carry EBR's.   For transfers using a gun club member who has a FFL and charges a modest $10 vs $30 the shops usually charge.

October 2004 I visited one out of guilt and ordered 2 glocks from them and paid near retail just to "support my local gunshop".  Why?  I could have gotten the glocks cheaper elsewhere.

Rambling off....

My local Gun shop is the best.... Fn ps90 in stock, tons of handguns. full kimber line, full sig line, full glock line, ect....... lot's of AR's, Colt, bush, Armalite, Leitner-wise, Cases of Mspec ammo. Lot's of scopes and AR goodies. The staff knows a lot about all the products. The prices are slightly higher than the internet but I can touch and feel it before the purchase. Also, the owner will call me when anyone trades in a Colt AR. Sorry everyone does'nt have access to a shop like this. It's in Port Charlotte, Florida. I won't mention the name.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top