Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
While I completely agree that they sound like shit and if you polish a turd it is still a turd, I think you guys are missing the point.  It is THEIR car and THEIR money so let them do what ever they want.  Yes it is ugly, yes it sounds like shit BUT this is the USA and they have the right to drive a POS if they want to so quit bitching and moaning like a bunch of old women.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Guys, why do we have to keep having this same conversation between each new generation?  You're talking about the same things that most of us did as kids; the same things our parents complained about.

The "RICERS" are just the hot rodders of their generation; nothing has changed.  We did it with cubic inches and carburators, and they're doing it with turbo chargers and fuel injection.

If you can remember when Elvis and the Beatles were "the Devil's music", and the police used to hassle you when you and your buddies were out cruising, then have some appreciation for what these guys are trying to do.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well....you do have a ninja, so they might have a chance.  

What's a "Ninja"?

Ninja

Oh wait... nvm
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
While I completely agree that they sound like shit and if you polish a turd it is still a turd, I think you guys are missing the point.  It is THEIR car and THEIR money so let them do what ever they want.  Yes it is ugly, yes it sounds like shit BUT this is the USA and they have the right to drive a POS if they want to so quit bitching and moaning like a bunch of old women.

all good and well until their rice wagon is flying by my house  sounding like it is stuck in first gear.  

I love writing those clowns tickets...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yea, the "small dick" "small penis" shit is pretty stupid too.  Don't you realize that people (anti's) say that about us because we have guns?  

Sorry for the rant but...

Oh yea, I have a 2004 Mazda 6 competly stock and also a completely stock 99 Rodeo so no I am not a ricer nor do I think it is cool but they do and that is all that matters.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well....you do have a ninja, so they might have a chance.  

What's a "Ninja"?

A nice recliner with 2 big wheels.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

While I find the whole concept of "rice" incredibly stupid, I agree with JBritt - it's the U.S.!  Let them be as stupid as they want.

The neighbor kid across the street got a used civic about a year ago (great kid, btw) - and he's totally putting the tinted windows, stupid custom lights, fart can, etc on the car (whenever he makes enough money mowing lawns, etc).  Meanwhile, I'm trapped in the restoration hell of my 73 Mustang.  When the mustang is done, I'll have someone take pictures of both of us next to the cars

... of course, by the time I am done, I'll probably have about 3 times as much money in the mustang, so it's not like it'll be a fair comparison.  He'll probably be able to go to college with his Civic for the money I've spent!  

But - I am profoundly irritated by cars that are deliberately made louder - whether by teenage assholes in Civics or middleaged assholes on harleys

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
But - I am profoundly irritated by cars that are deliberately made louder - whether by teenage assholes in Civics or middleaged assholes on harleys

Do headers and a Magna-Flow exhaust on my RAM SRT-10 count?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, It's priceless when they think they can outrun me. 2003 Corwn Vic riding up their asses at 110mph. Oh, did I mention it's a POLICE CAR? Ricers are always good for speeding tickets!

And so long as they are out there keeping the po po busy writing them ticket after ticket, I say God Bless em, because the cops won't bother me when I am doing 72 on the interstate because they already have their quota for the month.

Ricers are idiots (most of them don't build truly worthy cars, they just slap a catback on a Honda and add a ground effects kit that they always leave primer gray), but useful idiots.

My Dept. does not go by the quota system!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont like it either! But it could be worst! What if they were more?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Those fart tubes are pretty annoying.
My wife likes to ask them when they pull alongside us at a light "So, it's pretty embarassing having a small dick huh?"
The looks on their faces is hilarious.

OMG your wife sounds cool!
I need to bring along a girl who'll say that sometime. I bet that look is priceless!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/domesticethug.jpg

Someone needs a e-slap across the head.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the little 4-bangers with the REALLY BIG EXHAUST TIPS on the end of their tailpipes.

It's still a riceburning 4-banger POS, ya dipwad.

Now quit abusing those poor chipmunks under the hood, turn down the rap music, straighten your hat and SIT DA FUK UP IN YOUR SEAT AND QUIT SLOUCHING!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I had one of them next to me on the way to work.

At the first traffic light I floored it and left them there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#16]
aren't these things called "fart carts"?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top