Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Cytokine storm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytokine_storm

Maybe correct, maybe not.

It happens, mostly to younger people with stronger immune systems. My wife's sister's nephew (late 20's) is currently in the hospital in Indianapolis on a ventilator and dialysis going on just over a week. He has shown some small signs of improvement but he could die at any time. He has been confirmed by tests to have contracted H1N1. He has no history whatsoever of ANY previous medical problems...NONE.

If you are young and strong, or if you have a compromised immune system you should get the vaccine. The risks of complications from the flu itself are far greater than the risks associated with taking any vaccine.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it that bad around you? I haven't seen it around here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Two of my kids and I likely have it now- pretty much as others have described.  A couple days of moderate fevers, coughs, no energy, etc.  Nothing earth-shattering.  Part of the problem is that nobody is testing to see if you have H1N1, they just assume that's what it is.  Makes it hard to say exactly how widespread the problem is.  

As far as the vaccine goes, nobody in my family has had or will have it.  When they offered it at work, one of the notices provided said that if you are forced to take it and end up with complications as a result, you CANNOT sue ANYBODY involved in the production or distribution for damages.  It says that you MAY be eligible for compensation from a .gov fund.  That speaks volumes to me.  Also, several of my co-workers' physicians have told them that the vaccine has not been thoroughly tested and really does contain substances that would not be allowed if the H1N1 situation wasn't an 'emergency'.  They unconditionally said NOT to get the vaccine.

I think that Big Pharma and the .gov folks who own their stock saw this as a great opportunity to make some phat cash, and the media is playing right along.  Not that there is absolutely no chance it couldn't conceivably mutate into something worse later, but as of now I think the threat has been greatly over-stated so that some folks can make some more money.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I had it.  It is just like any other flu.  Healthy people are G2G.  People who have complications with simple illness will have problems same as any other flu.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I got it two weeks ago;  healthy male in my mid 20's.    I was out of work for 6 days;  got brochitis as a result of the flu.  Worst flu I've ever experienced.    

The biggest problem is that my vision is still messed up.  For some reason, at the end of the fever, I got blurred vision issues.  I can see up close fine, but long distance I cannot see all that well.  Computer screens and artificial lighting make it worse; also bright sunlight.  ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, If you've never been exposed to it, its going to kick your ass.  

You can thank your our "baaahhhhhhaaaa", my bad.....media and their followers for this.

Im not saying this isnt a deadly virus.....because it is...

No matter what you do, your going to get it.  Thats it.  YOUR GOING TO GET IT.

It may kill you, it may not....but your going to get it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had it.  It is just like any other flu.  Healthy people are G2G.  People who have complications with simple illness will have problems same as any other flu.

Unless of course if you are one of those people who don't have complications that have died from it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Im not saying this isnt a deadly virus.....because it is...

No matter what you do, your going to get it.  Thats it.  YOUR GOING TO GET IT.

It may kill you, it may not....but your going to get it.

Prep and deal with it.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Get yours now before it mutates!

Get yours now and be the one that mutates it........

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been feeling shitty the past few days

So I've been talking to and touching as many Libs as I can to spread the joy.

(Actually I've been drinking Juice & Gatorade, Taking 10,000 Vitamin D daily, and resting)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top