Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what the cop really said?  I am pretty sure it wasn't "sorry we couldn't make a felony case on you".  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. Good thing that Joe Horne doesn't live next door to Donnie or we might both be dead now.

By the way I have lived here 28 years and know most of the people on the street. With the exception of the people four houses down who own their own ambulance and keep it parked in front of their house when they are not actually on a run.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Dang, the LEOCoC sure is alive and well.

That shocked me too.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Good thing you weren't going bird hunting, the dog might have suffered...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Do you know what the witness said?

please. There never was any witness.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sounds like you have a useless old crone that lives within 2-3 houses from your or Neighbor Donnie.  She probably has all sorts of conspiracy theories about what she sees from inside the house.  You may never see her outside.  Do any of the houses that fit that description frequently have someone peering through the blinds?    

So what you're really asking is what GD poster called in on the OP?

Brian
sounds about right

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They sure as hell know what the actual evidence of their IDs and records of addresses say.

Plus the observation that the vehicle and trailer contains nothing but fishing equipment and not tv sets and computers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

On one hand, you have to appreciate their aggressive policing, but they don't understand that people like you are their customer.  LEO culture has strayed far from the "to protect and to serve" ideology, if indeed it ever existed outside of Mayberry.  

A simple apology goes a long way in a situation like that.

It existed. I was a punk kid that got nabbed a couple times for curfew. By the same cop. Who was the guy always policing our neighborhood. So we all knew him and he knew us. The second time he took me home he got to talking to my parents, and they all actually became friends. Then he was really on my ass whenever he seen me, making sure I got into no trouble. Then he formed a "woods ball" paintball team, that was half Dayton Police, and half kids they deemed worthy enough of keeping out of trouble from the neighborhood.

Was fun. And being somewhat mentored by them, I gained a lot of respect for the Dayton Police. And a byproduct was I never turned into a criminal. So that is why I say they existed. Now the irony of that story is the (former) Dayton Police Officer I am referring to is named Roger Waller.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEO culture has strayed far from the "to protect and to serve" ideology, if indeed it ever existed outside of Mayberry.  

Two questions:

1) Can you identify the origination of the "to protect and to serve" ideology?

2)  Could you point out on a map the real life town of Mayberry where Andy Griffith was Sheriff and Don Knott(?) as a deputy?

Brian

Can you name Mayberry's sister city?  (Hint - most people get it wrong)

Manteo?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On one hand, you have to appreciate their aggressive policing, but they don't understand that people like you are their customer. LEO culture has strayed far from the "to protect and to serve" ideology, if indeed it ever existed outside of Mayberry.

It existed. I was a punk kid that got nabbed a couple times for curfew. By the same cop. Who was the guy always policing our neighborhood. So we all knew him and he knew us. The second time he took me home he got to talking to my parents, and they all actually became friends. Then he was really on my ass whenever he seen me, making sure I got into no trouble. Then he formed a "woods ball" paintball team, that was half Dayton Police, and half kids they deemed worthy enough of keeping out of trouble from the neighborhood.

Was fun. And being somewhat mentored by them, I gained a lot of respect for the Dayton Police. And a byproduct was I never turned into a criminal. So that is why I say they existed. Now the irony of that story is the (former) Dayton Police Officer I am referring to is named Roger Waller.

Ok, had to Google him.  I had heard of that incident, but didn't know the guys name.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No good ever comes from knowing people named "Donnie". Ever.

That's true.  I know 3 Donnies.  
Two of them would either shoot you or cause you to get shot, then shrug their shoulders and make the story of how you were shot into the best part of every party they attend.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Good thing you weren't in Washington state, you would have been shot first...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder what the cop really said?  I am pretty sure it wasn't "sorry we couldn't make a felony case on you".  

I think the OP lied about that part. If true he should file a complaint.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I already brought that up on the first page, Its not the first time a leo encounter has been embelished on arfcom with that line. its getting old
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

wut

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already brought that up on the first page, Its not the first time a leo encounter has been embelished on arfcom with that line. its getting old

Maybe the cop that said it was an ARFcommer.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#17]
HOW DID THIS THREAD GET TO PAGE 2 WITH NO DEMAND FOR A PAINT DIAGRAM?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#18]
"To serve and protect" ??

Nope, it's more like "To patronize and harrass"
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

"To Punish and Enslave".

See that you remember it, submitizen.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Fairly straight plot?

My pet mole didn't even need mspaint...

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On one hand, you have to appreciate their aggressive policing, but they don't understand that people like you are their customer. LEO culture has strayed far from the "to protect and to serve" ideology, if indeed it ever existed outside of Mayberry.

Ok, had to Google him.  I had heard of that incident, but didn't know the guys name.

Yep', he is somewhat infamous in the F/A NFA crowd.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're lucky to be alive!

I think Donnie is lucky he didn't get a beating for interupting the police while they were thinking trying to think this through.

Oh come on, how cool would it have been if they kicked Donnie's ass for suspicion of robbing his own house?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Of course, it's Dallas. If the bad guys don't git ya, the good guys might.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They must put all the really deep thinkers on the grave yard shift here.

So what are you going to do about it? Other than bitch on the internet of course.

You called the watch commander already, right?
You notified you local papers investigative reporter already, right?
You are going into IA to file a formal written complaint on Tuesday, right?
You are contacting an attorny to file a 1983 civil suit, right?

If not, then you are part of the problem. We all get the police we pay for and deserve through our action or inaction.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fairly straight plot?

My pet mole didn't even need mspaint...

So maybe I should have put more rambling nonsense in the story?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what are you going to do about it? Other than bitch on the internet of course.

If not, then you are part of the problem. We all get the police we pay for and deserve through our action or inaction.

You have got to be shitting me.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have got to be shitting me.

If you did all that, and posted about it in GD, the bluethers would be all over you for wasting the time of the police, the courts, etc.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"To Punish and Enslave".

Roger that, Sir.  Thank you for the correction.  Can you kick me a few times with your jackboots so I won't forget this valuable lesson?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#29]
You and Donnie are now pre-crime candidates. Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I got pulled over once and couldnt figure out why (it was the one time in my life I wasnt speeding!)
The cop pulled me over, had me get my info, as I reach over to the glove box "hold it! do it very slowly!"
I get out my info, give it to him, he asked me what was I doing and going and what were you doing on bla bla street....
I said I am going to my grandmothers and I live on that street!
Apparently the alarm at the heat and air place was going off and low and behold this old Buick century rust bucket comes pulling off the street.
Apparently the car is ghetto looking.....hey I got the car for free, I cant complain what it looked like!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#31]
So your wife was really pissed off that you were going fishing with Donnie instead of staying with her to help pick out new drapes and carpet for the living room.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like you got a cluster of supercops there without the smart cop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"To Punish and Enslave".

Roger that, Sir. Thank you for the correction. Can you kick me a few times with your jackboots so I won't forget this valuable lesson?

Never mind that, just move along, and remember: No more going fishing with your neighbor and taking your own gear along. Normal people don't go fishing on Sunday morning. Ever.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#34]
OP - you have a problem.  You expect them to use their heads for some other purpose than a hat rack.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEO culture has strayed far from the "to protect and to serve" ideology, if indeed it ever existed outside of Mayberry.  

Two questions:

2)  Could you point out on a map the real life town of Mayberry where Andy Griffith was Sheriff and Don Knott(?) as a deputy?

Brian

Can you name Mayberry's sister city?  (Hint - most people get it wrong)

No idea.

Brian

Raleigh.  Most people say the neighbor city of Mount Pilot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two questions:

2) Could you point out on a map the real life town of Mayberry where Andy Griffith was Sheriff and Don Knott(?) as a deputy?

Brian

mt airy NC, and yes i could

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Not enough information.

You know how all these reporters are.

There's a strong possibility you are guilty, we have to wait for the official investigation to be complete - until then, we're not worthy to comment.

ETA- How does the guy with the blatant CoC violation in that now locked thread still post?  Magic?

Yep. The same magic that lets one of his buddies post after insulting someone's family members in the pit (which is supposedly an instant ban).

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Neighbor Donnie and I got jacked up by the police this morning.

We loaded up all the fishing stuff and headed out of the subdivision. A police car with red lights on was approaching at a very fast speed from behind so I pulled over to let him pass. But he did not pass he was after me. Flashlight in the face, show some ID, search of the truck and fishing trailer etc...  comes back and says that we match the description of burglary suspects on W. Hampton. I don't know if he read my DL or ran the truck plates but that would have told him that I lived on W. Hampton.

More police cars arrive. The officers have a big conference. Donnie gets tired of waiting and gets out of the truck to go talk to the officers. I know better so I just stay put. They form a circle around Donnie and all unsnap their holsters.

Donnie shows them his ID and they tell him that we are suspected of robbing Donnie's house. Donnie goes WTF!

They tell him to go back and sit in the truck. About 20 minutes later I get my DL and CCW back and the first officer on the scene comes and tells me that he is very sorry that he was not able to turn this big misunderstanding into some sort of felony arrest for himself and the other officers.

I don't know any thing at all about being a policeman but I would think that it should have only taken one officer no more than three or four minutes to figure out that we were just two guys going fishing (kayak, fishing poles, ice chests) and one of us lived in the house that supposedly was getting robbed (from Donnie's DL) and that the other one lived across the street (from my DL and vehicle registration).

Probably your buddies wife called you in pissed that you were taking him out of the house again.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Iv'e noticed how cops lag it. They could have you on your way in no time. But once the pack arrives they sit around and talk about their high speed tactical stories.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Not enough information.

There's a strong possibility you are guilty, we have to wait for the official investigation to be complete - until then, we're not worthy to comment.

ETA- How does the guy with the blatant CoC violation in that now locked thread still post?  Magic?

Yep. The same magic that lets one of his buddies post after insulting someone's family members in the pit (which is supposedly an instant ban).

C'mon, you guys know this is all covered in the LEOCoC.  My favorite is #4:

4.)  We'd prefer that you don't tell other people to "fuck off", but we also understand that as LEOs you'll pretty much just do what you want to do.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not enough information.

C'mon, you guys know this is all covered in the LEOCoC.  My favorite is #4:

4.)  We'd prefer that you don't tell other people to "fuck off", but we also understand that as LEOs you'll pretty much just do what you want to do.

I though it was #11.

11.) We know that you're used to professional courtesy, so in an effort to make you feel at home here, we will do our best to foster the same environment regarding site rules.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two questions:

2) Could you point out on a map the real life town of Mayberry where Andy Griffith was Sheriff and Don Knott(?) as a deputy?

Brian

mt airy NC, and yes i could

The little woman grew up in the town of Mount Pilot, Pilot Mountain in real life which is the sister of Mount Airy.  Actually, she grew up, Mama still lives, north of Highway 268 which is Mount Airy territory.  

Message of advice to the fellas, never fall for a redhead from Surry County unless you think crystal meth is a relaxing hobby.

Oh, and fuck Andy Griffith.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Good shoot.

I'm glad all the Officers went home safely.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How many times have you read stories about someone's house being burglarized and it turns out the neighbor watched the "moving company" working?

Brian

That was me about 30 years ago . I was moving in to a new apartment and the cops rolled up lights on because someone
had called in . Took over an hour of intense police work for them to come to the conclusion that I was telling the truth . Even though
I gave them the signed lease and the landlords phone number . Not to mention that I was carrying a couch IN TO the place when
they arrived
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Iv'e noticed how cops lag it. They could have you on your way in no time. But once the pack arrives they sit around and talk about their high speed tactical stories.

uh oh how did you figure it out??  LEO's just love sitting on the side of the road with unknown subjects who they have no idea if they are going to jump out of thier car and start shooting just to tell "stories".... yup thats it
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You two should get a room and quit derailing the OP's thread.

Your sigline is missing a word to be grammatically correct.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top