Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is going to ruffle a few feathers but...  While the three may have expressed savagely bad taste, the whole episode is FUCKING FUNNY.  The whole paranoid mindset that's become prevalent in my America is what's gonna take your freedom and your guns.  Don't feed the bears.  Keep your head above the bullshit.
View Quote

I think is indeed quite funny:

You think that paranoia about terrorism is somehow silly, and use this as an example of how the sinister government will take away our freedom.
Yep, that IS funny.

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is going to ruffle a few feathers but...  While the three may have expressed savagely bad taste, the whole episode is FUCKING FUNNY.  The whole paranoid mindset that's become prevalent in my America is what's gonna take your freedom and your guns.  Don't feed the bears.  Keep your head above the bullshit.
View Quote

I think is indeed quite funny:

You think that paranoia about terrorism is somehow silly, and use this as an example of how the sinister government will take away our freedom.
Yep, that IS funny.

View Quote

Two words...

[b]Patriot Act.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My bet is that the men said something somewhat suspicious and then the woman blew it out of proportion being a busybody.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Patriot Act.
View Quote

One word: overreaction.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We can continue with the "boys said" vs."she said" dilemma and get no where.The fact of the matter is that both groups of boys STOLE from Florida by ignoring the toll.For however many cents they screwed Florida out of by driving their fancy Import vehicles through the tolls without paying, they BOTTOMLINED themselves.They are Thieves with a sick sense of humor that should never be allowed to practice medicine.Muslim,Black,White,Yellow etc.they proved what they are all about now should face the consequences.Fortunately none of the little Bastards were hurt.Can you imagine how their relatives would be seeing $$$$if that were the case.Maybe the whole situation was staged in anticipation of a monetary settlement?????After all....they already set the stage for it being O.K. to steal!
View Quote

Fox news has reported that they did in fact pay the toll.......lets see about the plates... Some folks hear the word "terrorist", or "muslim", and are prepared to toss the Constitution and trial by jury out the window. Are our freedoms really that cheap to you? The terrorists are laughing, for some of you are doing exactly as they knew you would...
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My bet is that the men said something somewhat suspicious and then the woman blew it out of proportion being a busybody.
View Quote

My guess too.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Patriot Act.
View Quote

View Quote

Yep, it IS worthy of note however, that the bill had been drafted for several years, and was all ready to go....
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NO, trickshot never has a point except delusional, paranoid, America hating.

None of the stuff you mention compares to this.  If you heard this kind of stuff, would you not report it?  Even if they were joking, they should be bitch slapped.  It is not a joking matter.
View Quote

Yes, I agree with you. But Trickshot saying we should watch the government, and beware of incursions on our liberty for the sake of security, has a ring of truth to it. Some times even a blind squirel finds a nut.

But, we also be aware of what is going on around us. As citizens we SHOULD be looking out for characters that seem to be up to no good. We shouldn't hesitate to notify the apropriate authorities of our suspicions.

The authorities then have to carefully investigate reliable tips. The need to do it keeping the Rights of individuals in mind as well as doing what is legal to find, question, investigate, and arrest criminals.

I would say that the stop seems reasonable, I do have some questions as to certain parts of it. However the immediate labeling of the subjects stopped as terrorist WAS jumping to conclusions.

Liberty, the news source I see still say at least 1 car blew through the toll. What the suspects say in regards to that or what they claim they said............is just that THIER CLAIM, it doesn't make it true. Funny how you disbelieve anything that "the govt" says but fall in line like a lemming when a private person comes up with a story.

The plate on one of the vehicles was reported stolen by the registered person AFTER the stop. What does that mean?

Could be that since the IL DOT sent the other guy 2 plates he felt free to loan one out to a friend who owns a car similar to the one it should be on. When the vehicle got stopped the registrant could've decided he didn't like how his plate was involved [John Levitz voice] Yeah it was stolen, when me and Morgan Fairchild.......[/John Lovitz voice]

Or could it be that the plate was stolen and the registrant found out that his plate was gone when he saw it on a car on the news.

Don't know...... but seems odd again. I suspect #1, and the vehicle owner ducked the vehicle sales tax by not registering his vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO, trickshot never has a point except delusional, paranoid, America hating.

None of the stuff you mention compares to this.  If you heard this kind of stuff, would you not report it?  Even if they were joking, they should be bitch slapped.  It is not a joking matter.
View Quote

I would say that the stop seems reasonable, I do have some questions as to certain parts of it. However the immediate labeling of the subjects stopped as terrorist WAS jumping to conclusions.
View Quote

I have NO problem with the stop. The authorities did their jobs in what appears to be a professional manner. What the media, (and some on this board), did with it is another story.

Liberty, the news source I see still say at least 1 car blew through the toll. What the suspects say in regards to that or what they claim they said............is just that THIER CLAIM, it doesn't make it true. Funny how you disbelieve anything that "the govt" says but fall in line like a lemming when a private person comes up with a story.
View Quote

It appears to be fresh news. L.E., ("the govt") is saying the 2nd car paid the toll for both of them...

The plate on one of the vehicles was reported stolen by the registered person AFTER the stop. What does that mean?

Could be that since the IL DOT sent the other guy 2 plates he felt free to loan one out to a friend who owns a car similar to the one it should be on. When the vehicle got stopped the registrant could've decided he didn't like how his plate was involved [John Levitz voice] Yeah it was stolen, when me and Morgan Fairchild.......[/John Lovitz voice]

Or could it be that the plate was stolen and the registrant found out that his plate was gone when he saw it on a car on the news.

Don't know...... but seems odd again. I suspect #1, and the vehicle owner ducked the vehicle sales tax by not registering his vehicle.
View Quote

Your info on the plates is all I've heard....thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Patriot Act.
View Quote

View Quote

Yes.

Your turn...
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Chances are it was just a joke on the lady at the next table... but guess who got the last laugh?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top