Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i agree, hunters working for unions will be the death of the 2nd

It took me a minute to realize you were being sarcastic.

I say that and worse about hunters and unions here in Michigan all the time, and I'm not being sarcastic...

In that case, F#C% off and die.

The damn unions and democRATS all assume everyone is too stupid to take care of themselves anyhow.

I'm a hunter, shooter, 2 amend. supporter.

I own some guns strictly to hunt with.  I own some guns strictly to target shoot with.  I own some guns strictly to protect my family with.

Get rid of the unions and we'd be better off.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
A sad fact it is......

I am a hunter, I also have a my CWL and have and shoot ARs, as well as my C&R License...

I run into that You dont need that attitude all the time.

I have had guys I work with tell me that the AWB going away was the worse thing for this country, and yes, these are deer hunters....

At times I want to distance myself from the sport of hunting, it aint what it used to be, now it  is all about money, thats it, it is commercial...

When I was younger, if you wanted to hunt, you just walked up to the house, knocked on the dorr, and asked permission form the land owner to hunt, I was never, not once turned away with a NO.

These days, you can just about forget it, most of the time all you will get is a NO. then people bitch about deer on the highway....

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Before I joined the AF, I was a union member. I remember getting into a conversation with a coworker. I told him why I almost always vote Republican. All of a sudden he went from a calm demeanor to a firey eyed deamon from hell who wanted to beat the shit out of me. How dare I oppose the union's endorsements!

The union had seriously brainwashed this dude. He could not think for himself politically, and his deameanor proved it.

The Democratic party is losing touch with the ordinary American, as it has gone WAY to far left.
The Republican party is the party of the decent hard working, independant minded American.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is that how you treat all of your friends?  (He was making your same point.)  hr

No, he wasn't.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#6]

This picture says it all.

I know any Dem would piss thier pants if they saw me drive 10rnds in a 1/2in group at 50yds with powderless ammo that sounds like a bb gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The union had seriously brainwashed this dude. He could not think for himself ...

They didn't have to brainwash him, anyone who willingly joins or supports a union is obviously incapable of rational thought.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Would you say the majority of pro-dem, union members are hunters?  I thought not.  

The frustration here is that Michigan is a huge union state, and a huge hunting state. The perception quickly becomes that the hunting crowd here is and the Union crowd are one and the same. That's because "everyone" here hunts and "everyone" here is in the union.

I'd say you've got your work cut out for you.  Remember, liberals are that way for one of fourreasons - lack of intelligence, malicious intent to enslave,apathy, or ignorance.  You can convert the ignorant crowd.

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#9]
... Actually, there are a few things you can do to reverse the "hunter's curse". Primarily, get them interested in AR15's and black rifles in general. They'll begin to see the light once they realized there is little difference between their Remington model 7400 chambered in .308 versus the M14 chambered in .308 sitting side-by-side in their safe.

... I've gotten several friends into "black rifles" in the past few years. The more of our friends that own AR15's the better.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Garand06

...anyone who willingly joins or supports a union is obviously incapable of rational thought.

Tim

Can you justify that statement?

ETA: I'm voting for Bush, is that irrational?  I support the 2nd Amendment, is that irrational? I believe in freedom of speech, again, is that irrational?

Is it irrational to support the constitution and all of the amendments?

According to you, it is.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I make that statement because the union leaders have absolutely NO interest in their members well-being.

I guarantee that when you walk a picket line, drawing stike pay, THEY are still getting their full paycheck AND collecting your dues.

Unions once had a purpose, but they have long since outlived their usefulness.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I make that statement because the union leaders have absolutely NO interest in their members well-being.

I guarantee that when you walk a picket line, drawing stike pay, THEY are still getting their full paycheck AND collecting your dues.

Tim

I agree with you on the point that unions have greatly strayed from their original purpose.  I believe, however, that a regression to the original platforms is necessary - and by necessary I mean that it would be viable in all places of employment.  Because once the guarantee is out the door, you only have OSHA to protect you.  And having big government; any government overseeing private entities is a step back from freedom.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Any hunter that votes for Kerry has been taken as a fool. That man has voted for every gun grabbing, ammo grabbing bill that has came along. He will not stop at so called assault rifles at all. These people have an agenda and it is not private ownership of firearms. I am a hunter. I have been hunting all of my life. It will snow in hell before I vote for that man.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
1 shot come up to Kansas. I know several places where you can hunt.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Tim

Hmmm...

Not around here.
1.  We have a no-strike-clause in our contract.  We can not strike.
2.  There are so many illegals here - they scrape up all the small jobs at WAY below the going rate.  Things have tumbled downhill so fast around here...
3.  There is one open shop around here that can just barely keep up with us in terms installation of high tech components.  Many times, open shops will sub-out the high-tech portion of their job to us.  No kidding.

They didn't have to brainwash him, anyone who willingly joins or supports a union is obviously incapable of rational thought.

Better check the mirror regarding a rational thought process.

Around here, the Union is incredibly safer than most open shops.  You really wouldn't believe some of the things I've seen...

I'm considering leaving the Union for my own reasons - I'll lay it all on the table the day I resign.  I'm in semi-negeotiations with two open shops now.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I am not a hunter but I am a gun owner.

They will never get my guns while I am still alive - and believe me, if they want to come and get them, there will be quite a few going with me.  

Any gun owner who votes for JOhnKERry is betraying not only America, but themselves.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Tim

Ever sat across the negotiation table, and had a $400/hr silk tied lawyer working for your employer acknowledge that your pay is substandard, your working conditions and staffing levels were unsafe, and then ask you mockingly "what'cha gonna do?"

Ever had your vacation picks "lost", but the supervisors / bosses buddy "miraculously" gets they day you asked for?

Ever had management follow one set of rules after insisting that labor follow another?

Ever been bumped out of a temporary supervisor position (with pay boost for the duration) because "the contract didn't say (the boss) had to?"

I disagree. Unions still have a purpose, as long as there are managers that seek to actively alienate, ridicule and disempower their workforce, as well as knowingly operate under unsafe conditions.

Let me mention that I was (very past tense) the former Local president.

Unions have a purpose. The  purpose of unions on a local level is to work for equal pay and treatment that isn't based on nepotism; better working conditions, and better benefits. On a national level, they endorse candidates that support labor issues.

The unions don't give one shit about guns... the NRA doesn't care about the scaffold worker's act, gents. It doesn't have to, unless they're redoing the HQ again, and then it's on the contractor. The NRA is a firearms advocacy group. Unions are labor advocacy groups.

It is a very rare politican who is pro-gun and pro-labor.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I argued with a democrat yesterday who believes the lie that Kerry is for sportsman.

Sheesh!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#19]
It is always the hunter who blows his foot off with his "empty" gun, or shoots his buddy in the bushes because he might have been a deer. Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Hunters have been very happy to support the various bans of 'non sporting' guns here in Britain……

Ban on Centrefire semi autos… they were all for that, as were their Associations

Ban on Handguns… they were all for that,  as were their Associations

After all, who needs a magazine fed weapon or handguns for 'sporting' shooting they say! As long as break action shotguns and medium calibre bolt action rifles are left alone they will support the ban of all other weapons here in Britain.

Looks like your hunters think the same as ours…

Andy
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It is always the hunter who blows his foot off with his "empty" gun, or shoots his buddy in the bushes because he might have been a deer. Fucking idiots.

Hey lets not start on hunters like that. A good hunter could out shoot you and proably everybody you know. Why? because most likely he has been shooting for his intire life at targets that obly give him a 2 sec chance once. All the BS you see on TV is tame deer in fenced fields.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Hunters Will Be The End Of Our Second Amendment Rights".

Geez, so you're saying that I should stop hunting and pick up underwater bump-firing so I won't be part of "the end of our second amemdnment rights?".

Pssssst--he's not talking about us--he means hunters who don't have their politics straight.  NOT all hunters.  

"You don't need one of them there "ASSault weapons"--just a shotgun and a thutty-thutty is all you need to kill deer and birds."  

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. This is exactly what I was trying to say.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote from one of my (hunting) suppliers:

"No one needs anything besides a 12 gauge pump and a .30-30."
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'd find a new supplier ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd find a new supplier ASAP.

Why? because he dosn't think the same way as you?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#26]
A PR company we do business with was doing some work for a national hunting magazine, and the editor that was there had four Kerry stickers on his car!  I talked to the guy for about five minutes while waiting, and he said he would never vote for another Republican since Bush didn't push for a new AWB.  Sigh, yet another hunter that doesn't get it.z
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Some of my hunting friends are the same way.  "What you got there with that big 'ole banana clip sticking out, you ain't gonna shoot a deer with that thing"  Me- "This thing is a varmint rifle" "That thing doesn't even have a scope, you can't shoot a groundhog with that"  Me- "I am not talking about groundhogs"  Them- "Oh, man here you go again talking about self defense shooting, all you need is a shotgun.  It will blow a man away without even having to aim, there is no need for an AK".

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The union had seriously brainwashed this dude. He could not think for himself ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim

The state I was in the at the time, had no right to work law. Joinining the union came with the job. I was high school kid at the time. For a high school kid, it was a fairly good paying job.
It also provided me a with a bad taste in my mouth of union politics. Thier seemed to be a constant fight between management and labor.  The company was a lousy company to work for, and the union was not much better.

Later, when I became more politically aware, I did not appreciate the fact that my dues were going to support Democrats.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#29]
BTW

You CAN hunt deer with an AK47... Just use a five round clip...
I have been deer hunting with my M1A (five round mag) and '03 Springfield.
I have gone prarie dogging with my AR and a carry handle scope mount!

Come to think of it, I do not own one "hunting" rifle. The only thing I have that has a scope on it is my 10/22 heavy bbl target rifle. I borrowed the scope for my AR, so I could go dogging!

I have an appreciation for both rapid fire weaponry, and spending a lazy day at the range with a fine bolt action C&R gun!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I know what you mean, it never happens on the rifle range but sometimes there's a guy in the bushes with a brown coat and no orange vest on.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I can't tell you the number of times I have been told that you can't hunt deer with an AK-47.

Yeah. when people tell me that, I point out that in several states the 7.62X39 is illegal because it's too anemic for deer hunting!  That makes their jaws drop.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Did you suffer a firearms accident? Perhaps dropped a few too many times as a child?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

He is absolutely right!

The question is, what does NEED have to do with it?

Tim
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The unions don't give one shit about guns...

Nor their members.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I am a union worker. I took the job knowing nothing of unions except great pay. Know I know better now. I hate union polotics. Two guys that I eat with everyday are both union heads. They do admit to not being nuts about Kerry, but say he is better than Bush. The main reasons are outsourcing of jobs (China, most favored nation status, ring a bell?) and the war in Iraq. Although I think they disagree with the war based on the money involved. I spent a year there and that is a topic I stay away from most of the time cause I just get too damn pissed. Within 2 months I joined NRA, GOA and JPFO to counteract my union dues going towards Kerry is a hunter and will protect our second ammendment rights campaigns. About ready to match my union dues or higher with monthly donations to these groups with a letter to the union explaining what and why I am doing. Probably just rambling on here but oh well.  I feel the the start of the unions was a good thing, the growth of them a bad thing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey lets not start on hunters like that. A good hunter could out shoot you and proably everybody you know. Why? because most likely he has been shooting for his intire life at targets that obly give him a 2 sec chance once. All the BS you see on TV is tame deer in fenced fields.

Your 13 year old wisdom is showing again.

Most 'hunters' take their 'deer rifles' out once a year, and maybe, just maybe, they take it to the range to 'sight it in' before they go out and drink beer for 3 days.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most 'hunters' take their 'deer rifles' out once a year, and maybe, just maybe, they take it to the range to 'sight it in' before they go out and drink beer for 3 days.

Well said bastiat!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I hunted with four guys this year.  Three years ago, none of them had ARs.  Now all but one of them do (the exception is from CA so he is SOL).

Most of the hunters I know in the 14-45 age range have the AR bug.  Take them to the range once and they are hooked.  In my experience the larger hunting community is an opportunity, ripe for AR infection, rather than a problem.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Another fucking newbie bashing hunters. Yawn +1

This board is getting to be so full of whining sallies weeping for advice and wanna-be tough-guy hardliners attacking other gun owners lately, its disgusting. Its like watching coyotes attacking and eating one of their own.

I am a hunter, and I always vote pro-gun. So fuck you.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tim

Ever sat across the negotiation table, and had a $400/hr silk tied lawyer working for your employer acknowledge that your pay is substandard, your working conditions and staffing levels were unsafe, and then ask you mockingly "what'cha gonna do?"

Ever had your vacation picks "lost", but the supervisors / bosses buddy "miraculously" gets they day you asked for?

Ever had management follow one set of rules after insisting that labor follow another?

Ever been bumped out of a temporary supervisor position (with pay boost for the duration) because "the contract didn't say (the boss) had to?"

I disagree. Unions still have a purpose, as long as there are managers that seek to actively alienate, ridicule and disempower their workforce, as well as knowingly operate under unsafe conditions.

Let me mention that I was (very past tense) the former Local president.

Unions have a purpose. The  purpose of unions on a local level is to work for equal pay and treatment that isn't based on nepotism; better working conditions, and better benefits. On a national level, they endorse candidates that support labor issues.

The unions don't give one shit about guns... the NRA doesn't care about the scaffold worker's act, gents. It doesn't have to, unless they're redoing the HQ again, and then it's on the contractor. The NRA is a firearms advocacy group. Unions are labor advocacy groups.

It is a very rare politican who is pro-gun and pro-labor.

Funny how your post went ignored.  

I'm pro-union and will always be.  This Repub platform is fucked in my opinion.  However...I value the most important amendment above all others...the 2nd...because without it, we have no others.

Pro-Union, Pro-gun, Pro-Bush.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Ar-15"s can be hunting rifles. I shoot prarie dogs all the time with my Armalite.There accurate enough to be a varmint rifle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe we should be careful about painting with such a broad brush?  There are plenty of non black rifle types out there that are shooters, hunters, gun owners of other kinds that vote pro gun and pro freedom.  Maybe we should be more open minded and the hunter types should do the same.

I'm a hunter, grew up a hunter and didn't always have black rifles but always was pro gun rights, anti banning anything.  

Calling all hunters anti freedom pro kerry idiots is a lot like hunters calling all black rifle owners wanna-be Rambo's with delusions of grandeur.

I think the point was Fox doesn't know shit about what he's talking about.   No, not all hunters are pro-kerry idiots.   but a large number of them do exactly as was stated about taking their rifle to the range once a year, then sitting in a tree drinking beer for three days.  (qualifier:  at least around here they do)
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hunt about 30 to 40 days a year I spent 21 days in a 6 week season after one deer.And I bet I own  more "AWs"then most people in this thread.  Divide and conquer is their strategy don't buy into it.I have met as many jackass hunters as I have "AW" owners.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hunt about 30 to 40 days a year I spent 21 days in a 6 week season after one deer.And I bet I own  more "AWs"then most people in this thread.  Divide and conquer is their strategy don't buy into it.I have met as many jackass hunters as I have "AW" owners.

They don't have to do it. A portion of the hunting crowd and clay/trap crowd do it all on their own.  They see black rifle owners / concealed carry people as a threat to their gun rights, when it's the black rifle crowd & cc folds that do most of thegrunt work to protect the 2nd. Some will jump when the NRA yells loud enough (uusually when it involves their 'deer' or 'duck' guns) but many will listen to their union heads when they tell them some gun grabber who posed with a shotgun is their best friend.

And the comment wasn't about you or any other hunter here. Few 'hunters' actually bother to sign on to a forum like this. Face it, there are likely more hunters in a state like wisconsin than are unique members in the top 20 internet gun boards. Most of them just want to go out in the woods once or twice a year to get a deer or a duck or get away from their wives or shoot the shit with their friends.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i agree, hunters working for unions will be the death of the 2nd

It took me a minute to realize you were being sarcastic.

i am not being sarchastic here, michigan hunters, working for the big 3, most vote democrat, the union says so, and they do what the union says
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#50]
First they came for the AK-47s, but I didnt have an AK-47 so I did nothing.
Then they came for the AR-15s, but I didnt have an AR-15 so I did nothing.
Then they came for the deer rifles, and it sure is lonely here on this roof top.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top