User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Frisco, I found a knife by a chair, near my truck.  I think you were sitting there Saturday night preparing your propnae tanks.  Email me to ID it.  

TheRedGoat
View Quote

That's the Spyderco Native that I lent him to cut the duct tape for his incendiary devices. All the metal is beadblasted, including the pocket clip, and it's got a black plastic handle. On the base of one side of the blade it says, "Golden, Colorado, USA, Earth."
View Quote

Rats!  That's the one!  

I was hoping it had fallen from Heaven, a simple gift from Above.  Oh well.  I will glumly hand it over the next time we meet.  [:D]

ilikebumpfire,

You're on.  BTW, you gotta bumpfire a FAL some time.  Ouch!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It was a great weekend, sorry I missed the bump fire demo.

Mojo, thanks again for your generosity with your fine collection.

ETH, I need to know what your brand of drink is, as a way of thanks.  

Frisco, if you shoot that damn thing near my ears again.....

Can't wait for October, then I can drink less water, and save room for the good stuff.  

Thanks to all who brought some great home cooked food.  

I recommend that you get here for
Oct, no matter where you have to drive from.

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope the chairs I left found a good home...and yes to all I wussed out...psyren and myself had a hard time on the ride out...no ac...and the mosquitos loved us...highlights...propane in the river...ham sammiches...thanks...scorpions..the continous helpfulness of everyone...the awesome shooting ability of some of our members-three people on a propane bottle at once...the smiles on everyone's faces...tracers in the evening sky..being able to just shoot....and Eric being a true southron gentleman...the museum at Copper Breaks state park...the showers...(not to brag but it is more fun to have someone scrub your back)....thanks to Zed----no he wasn't in the shower...he is always just so cheerful...jarhead and legs for just being good people and to Arock for being one of the truly great people.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks ETH for hosting this wonderful event. It was a blast, literally. I really enjoyed it out there, I got to meet a bunch of great guys. We should do this more often-- 4 times a year??? hehe

Although I barely got to shoot (about 150 rounds), missed the evening shoots of tracers and propane, and had to leave earlier than I expected, I had a great time hanging out with everyone.

IT WAS HOT AS HELL!

Next time I will come prepared... Can't wait til the fall shoot!

[b][red]When shall we all meet for dinner next...? Bone Daddy's this week?[/b][/red]

PS: I think next time we should organize the ranges a little better. Maybe tape off a line and some "lanes" to prevent cross-fire and to space people apart. I am not the only one, but I didn't appreciate getting blasted in the face with hot gasses and .223 brass from about 1-2 feet away. And the blasts from the muzzles that were right near my ears-- ear plugs didn't help much in this case, and neither did the hot gasses that were redirected coming out of the muzzle breaks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[snip]
Last, but not least, thanks to the yahoos shooting the fireworks low over our position on Saturday night.  You burned at least [b]11 holes[/b] in my father-in-law's tent that he went to the trouble of bringing and setting up to provide some shade - not to mention the four small fires that were started in a remote area of the country that was dry.  Special thanks for continuing to shoot the fireworks right over us after we asked you to stop.  Outstanding - good job.

To the above mentioned limp-dicked twits, I offer a hearty and sincere [b]FUH Q[/b].

F*cking morons......

TATE
View Quote

Tate,

Let me start by saying that it was great to meet you and your family. I was happy to congratulate your father-in-law for his second place finish in the plate competition.

As far as the mortar fireworks incoming... I apologize that any damage was done. Understand that the intent was to have the rounds detonate in front of your position, not on your position. There was an immediate stop in the firing order when we got the short rounds message, and we rolled out on the second call-out of the HVFD to put out any remaining fires. If we are going to be that busy again, we should think about Scott packs and turn out gear!(Imagine that late night jog out across that plowed field in bunker gear and a Scott pack adding another 50 to 60 pounds!!)

Please contact me via email with contact info for you or your father-in-law for getting funds to him for a repair or replacement.

Please accept my apologies for the fireworks short rounds.

BTW, the wiggys left with more trash than we brought in but due to travel time, we left early on Sunday morning and were not there for the clean up. We would have helped out more.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[b]Shame on you Lord Trader![/b]
View Quote

There is a force out there that is preventing me to go to ETH's farm. The first one I had a family emergency, which led to my aunt passing away. And now a this car thing. Each time it cost me big, and very stressfull. I would've rather been relaxing and shooting with you guys [:(] [>(] [:(]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#11]
ATTENTION, wiggy223 has changed his sign on to M242 in honor of the 25mm found on his favorite ride, the Bradley.

He will be posting pics later this PM, at this time he is still recovering.

Huge thanks to the Hun for his hospitality, the pool was a great idea made even better by the consumption of copious amounts of Gin and Juice followed by a little Jagermeister. This helped to alleviate some of the hotter weather! It could have been better with some of the legendary Texas hotties. We were forced to endure the company of three women that could be starters for the Houston Texans! (ookie)As a happily married man, to a beautiful Texas women, I am only posting that last part in response to a request from Boomholzer and M242....really! HUN, be assured that you now have family in New Mexico and in Pittsburg. We are but an email or phone call away!

Thanks to TRG for the great welcome. Before I got the truck shut down and unloaded, we were wisked away to the Che'Goat to dine al fresco on homemade ham, fresh tomatoes, homemade corn relish (hot and mild) and tortillas. We had barely made introductions when TRG began shoveling food and generating some great hospitality! Anytime the conversations would lag over the next 60 or so hours, TRG was there to make a joke and get everyone laughing. TRG, anytime, anywhere, just give a call and we are there!

MOJO, thanks a million for letting me shoot your little baby. It was incredible and my first time shooting FA! We had barely finished eating when we walked down to the firing line and MOJO hands me this beautiful M4 and says go for it! As I had not unpacked any 5.56 ammo or mags, I declined until FULLCLIP says here use mine! What a great bunch of guys!

At dark on Friday, we began to watch 'the good parts' of BHD and then noticed that some of the other guests were shooting tracers on the line about 40 yards away from us. There is no better viewing of BHD than surrounded by newly met great friends, watching a great firefight scene, drinking a few coldies, adn watching 5.56 tracer fire a few yards away! It was awesome!

More to come...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey-- in the fall, maybe we can get a game of paintball in... If there is interest, I will go buy some gear.

also, Jarhead mentioned the possibility of some tactical training. I need some in handguns and carbines... (basically, everything)

PS: who set their beer can on my Jeep?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ilikebumpfire,

You're on.  BTW, you gotta bumpfire a FAL some time.  Ouch!
View Quote

He bumped my HK91!  [:D]
View Quote

I definaltey want to learn this technique. Next time, let's have a training session with ILL and TRG.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks to the people who brought the food and let us sample it. The Cafe Du Monde, egg roles, and the boar-burito...

Does anyone have one of those tail-hitch BBQs or something? Next time I think we should have a BBQ at the farm. (or did I miss that?)
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Post from wiggy762 -
Hun, be assured that you now have family in New Mexico and in Pittsburg. We are but an email or phone call away!
View Quote

Thank you, my brother, and, since you know where I live, come calling any time you wish!

I was glad that pool came in handy for the Wiggy Boyz!

Sorry, about the lack of hot Texas womenz!

But I hate to practice divorce law....in either Texas or New Mexico![:D]

Eric The(Ecstatic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MOJO, thanks a million for letting me shoot your little baby. It was incredible and my first time shooting FA! We had barely finished eating when we walked down to the firing line and MOJO hands me this beautiful M4 and says go for it! As I had not unpacked any 5.56 ammo or mags, I declined until FULLCLIP says here use mine! What a great bunch of guys!
View Quote

I would love to try Mojo's FA sometime too. Too bad I had to leave earlier than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
also, Jarhead mentioned the possibility of some tactical training. I need some in handguns and carbines... (basically, everything)
View Quote

Jarhead is the go-to man for tactical.  He also talked about running some patrol maneuvers.  Hun's place is a good layout for practical training.

Scouts out!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#20]
So, for those of us who did not attend...(damn!)
How does one adequately humble and endear himself to the honorable Hun?
Acquiring an invitation to such a illustrious event sounds like the ultimate honor.
Or, at the very least; it sounds like a great way of meeting like minded people who
enjoy to blasting the crap out of stuff.

[b]Oh please, oh please, oh please, keep me in mind
next time.[/b] I'll supply the Tannerite!

Gunner1X - Dallas, Texas
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I was super tired after gun cleaning last night and was going to wait until today to post the following:

ETH [b]DID NOT[/b] have to "pay us back" by buying us lunch as we already owed [b]HIM[/b] for letting use his beautiful land for a "super range".  When ETH says that the Downhome Bakery in Chillicothe, Texas offers outstanding grub, he lies not!!!  The food and proprietors were wonderful - a great experience all around.  [b]A big "thanks you" again to ETH!!![/b].  All three of us enjoyed the food and the company.  BTW - the lariat in Zach's room has a cool factor of "10"!

I honestly appreciate the offers to repair my father-in laws tent.  Very stand-upish of you, wiggy762 and mojo.  No money needed, I just wanted folks to know the consequences.  More importantly, I didn't want folks leaving ETH's place looking like a ghetto in the future.

I hope folks don't think I'm a stick-in-the-mud party pooper.  I'm not.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks to TRG for the great welcome.

View Quote

You are too kind.  I must admit I was disappointed to hear that your crew headed out early on Sunday morning.  I would have enjoyed visting with y'all a little more.  

Great memories of BHD, Good guys and tracer fire.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Post from Gunner1X -
So, for those of us who did not attend...(damn!) How does one adequately humble and endear himself to the honorable Hun?
View Quote

Well, you're from [b]Texas[/b], so there's no way that you could ever be humble, and you're already endeared to us for the same reason.

Actually, simply asking to come is sufficient enough for the invite!
Acquiring an invitation to such a illustrious event sounds like the ultimate honor.
View Quote

The honor is all mine, I assure you![:D]
Or, at the very least; it sounds like a great way of meeting like minded people who
View Quote

See? You are already thinking the way we think!
Oh please, oh please, oh please, keep me in mind next time.
View Quote

The [u]next[/u] time will be sometime in October, 2002!

It will be posted on this GD Board, so be watching for it.  When I ask for 'R.S.V.P.', just sign one!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
 Sorry you didn't have a chance to shoot it.  How about this? Come next time, and you will be the first one having a crack at it.
View Quote

Ok-- its a deal.

So, is anyone up for a local gathering this week at one of the fine DFW establishments, like Bone Daddy's, Tejas Grill, Hooters, or a small 4th of July party at someone's house, etc.?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Post from Tate -
ETH DID NOT have to "pay us back" by buying us lunch as we already owed HIM for letting use his beautiful land for a "super range".
View Quote

That is certainly correct! The Hun Farm Super Ground Crew were unpaid volunteers!

Just as were the members of the Hun Farm Volunteer Fire Department!

There is never a need to pay anyone back for something that was done for such noble reasons!

No amount of food can buy [u]that[/u] kind of devotion to duty! Am I right?
When ETH says that the Downhome Bakery in Chillicothe, Texas offers outstanding grub, he lies not!!! The food and proprietors were wonderful - a great experience all around.
View Quote

As Mr. TheHun says: 'Always eat where the fat boys eat.'
BTW - the lariat in Zach's room has a cool factor of "10"!
View Quote

I'll bet it does! The fellow in that room also has a cool factor of '10'!

Say 'Howdy!' to [b]JimTwo and Zach[/b] for me.

Eric The(Gracious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#26]
ETH!!  next time, when i am 18, i will be there!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Post from Gunner1X -
So, for those of us who did not attend...(damn!) How does one adequately humble and endear himself to the honorable Hun?
View Quote

Well, you're from [b]Texas[/b], so there's no way that you could ever be humble, and you're already endeared to us for the same reason.

Actually, simply asking to come is sufficient enough for the invite!
View Quote

The honor is all mine, I assure you![:D]
View Quote

See? You are already thinking the way we think!
Oh please, oh please, oh please, keep me in mind next time.
View Quote

The [u]next[/u] time will be sometime in October, 2002!

It will be posted on this GD Board, so be watching for it.  When I ask for 'R.S.V.P.', just sign one!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Sounds like a plan! I'm scheduled for another Long Range Sniper Course at BADLANDS Training facility (GREAT GUYS) in October. Hopefully the dates will not conflict. It would be nice to get out and meet some of the characters I see posting here. Adios!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Long range sniper course.......I will buy you a six-pack if you will just sit and tell me about that one.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Woo Hoo!  What a great time!

Thanks ETH, for hospitality and graciousness in such vast quantities that only the Great State of Texas could ever hope to contain it!  Sir, you are a gentleman's gentleman.  Thanks for the guided tour of Copper Breaks State Park and the swim in the lake there, and the ride into Quanaha for the steak dinner at Ken's.

And speaking of the dinner on Saturday evening, I was honored to be in the company of such fine Americans!  What a great feast it was!

Tate I hear ya brother!  I had to leave before the shooting was done, I had a long drive ahead of me so I couldn't help clean up the range, but my son and I did pick up enough trash from around the cabin to fill two 5 gal buckets before we left, but I knew there was a lot more to be done.  A schedule for admin tasks and committed volunteers would solve this issue.  With the size of the crowd, an events coordinator is needed, and a Range Master should be appointed.  

I wish I could remember everyone's name!  Mojo, TRG, Jarhead22, Bunghole, Brouhaha, TxLewis, Arock, Boomholzer,....I know I've left off quite a few.   There were a lot of the same faces from Tac Pro and it was great to be there with you all.

TRG, the phallic question was too damn funny!  I bet my ears turned red with embarrassment!

Did anyone else see the Devil resting up under a mesquite tree?  When I passed by him, he was fanning himself.  He looked up at me and said, "Damn its hot!".

My son and my dog slept the entire trip back to Austin, with smiles on there faces.  I can't wait until October!

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Dear Brother [b]DPeacher[/b], I hear you!

Next time, which, BTW, will be [b]Oct 11, 12, and 13, 2002[/b], I promise to be much more organized in the Ground Crew and Volunteer Fire Dept areas!

I was just having such a grand old time, I clean forgot that I should have had those matters settled well beforehand!

'Course, you know, members of the Hun Farm Ground Crew and Hun Farm Volunteer Fire Dept get the special treats from the old Hun's [b][i][blue]'Footlocker of Heavenly Delights!'[/blue][/i][/b]

Too bad I missed the 'fires', I'll bet it closely resembled a Chinese Fire Drill![:D]

Eric The(ThanksForY'allComing!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Next time, which, BTW, will be [b]Oct 11, 12, and 13, 2002[/b], I promise to be much more organized in the Ground Crew and Volunteer Fire Dept areas!
View Quote
Sign me up!  I don't mind helping at all.
I was just having such a grand old time, I clean forgot that I should have had those matters settled well beforehand!

'Course, you know, members of the Hun Farm Ground Crew and Hun Farm Volunteer Fire Dept get the special treats from the old Hun's [b][i][blue]'Footlocker of Heavenly Delights!'[/blue][/i][/b]

Too bad I missed the 'fires', I'll bet it closely resembled a Chinese Fire Drill![:D]
View Quote

You should have seen the 300 yard dash across the plowed field.  Pretty laughable.  We will need to consider mobilization in the event of an evac to the Hun farm.

View Quote

The Frisco (Thanking the Hun) Kid

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have marked this down on my calendar...
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

dang hun, can u at least make the next one after november 18th so i can be 18 and come up there.  and also so i can buy my 2nd ar (pre-ban)

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Whew...  Been waiting to post this since early Monday morning.  (Thanks GoatBoy for approving my account)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone that I met on the Eric the Hun shoot.

Thanks to Shane and Reed for inviting me to ride along and shoot thier guns.

Thanks to Eric the Hun for hosting the event.

Thanks to Jeff, Jason, Vic, Ray, Zed, Tate, JimTwo, Zack, and the many other nice people I met on this little trip.

Thanks again, and I hope to be included on further shoots, so I can hang out with you all again...

"JimOne"
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Citabria-- brouhaha's a good guy, and has some nice toyz.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#37]
It was a total blast, both literally and figuratively!

RedGoat is the master of the bump.  Who needs class 3 weapons? [:D]

Everyone was safe and cool.  I couldn't have had a better weekend.  Thanks to ETH and everyone that came.  I'm gonna miss Mojo's eggrolls if he can't make the October.  Maybe Bunghole can get another job so he can come too.  I never did get to ride that new 4 wheeler!

If you live anywhere near ETH's place, you MUST come to the next one.  You WILL regret not going!

Mojo,
Thanks heaps for letting me play with your cool toys!  You are one of the most generous people I've ever shot with!  Your mother-in-law's eggrolls were a real hit to.  I hope you told her how much we liked them.

RedGoat,
You bumped my SKS!  I had no idea it would do that!  I can't wait to see the challenge with Legs!  You're really good, but Leg's hates to lose.  It was great to meet you, and you're a cool guy.  I'll have to come two your place and have you teach me the fine arts of the bump, oh great master!  Maybe if we're good and loud  enough, we can get the cops called on you again ;-) [heavy]

DPeacher
Damn! .416????  Just when I thought a .308 was powerfull!!!!

I thought it was really cool that you brought your son.  I would have thought I had died and gone to heaven if my dad had taken me places like that (hell, I still fealt that way last weekend!  It was awesome!)

Hound,
I got your CD.  Lemme know how you want to get it back.  It was great to see you and psiren again, and I hope to see you @ the next gun show.  BTW, how did that UZI-lookin' thing psiren bought work out?  Was it cool?  It sure looked bad ass!  Hope you sell your car soon so you can get AC.  No AC in Texas = [X]

EricTheHun,
What can I say that hasn't been said?  You're The Man!  Don't worry about the trash next time.  I think we go the message loud and clear, and as long as I'm there, I can personally assure that it won't happen again.  I'll be on the Hun Farm Ground Crew next time.

Bunghole,
It was cool to hang with you.  Too bad you live on the other side of Ft. Worth.  I'll stop by sometime on my way to Cheaper Than Dirt.  Man, you should really try to get off of work and come to the next one.

Tate,
I will never, ever cross you!  ;-)  thanks for talking me into the pistol competition.  I learned a lot.  You're a good guy.  Say hi to your father-in-law for me.

Jarhead,
Your gadgets were cool.  Nice speedloader for the AR!  I wish I had your military training!  It shows.  It was really cool to meet you.

Arock,
You're just a cool, all around dude.  It was nice to meet you!  Hope to see you soon at the next show or at ETH's in October.  BTW, I like your new AR.  The green furniture was a nice touch.  Your AR and ilikelegs' AK are now color-coordinated.

To everybody,
It was really great to meet all of you and spend the weekend together.  I know I hung out with more of you than I mentioned, but my fingers are tired, and I think you all know that I think you're good folks and great to hang with.

Cheers
[beer]

Not sure which was better: full auto or propane bottles?  I think both were a tie for 1st place.  I'm counting the seconds until October!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey folks
I would like to say greetings to all the fine folks here.
I have lived in the red dirt, mesquite brush, oil, cow, wheat, and snake land you had your shoot on for over 40 yrs. "just a bit to the east" though.
It seems you have a nice family here and I hope to contribute to your board, also get in on a shoot.
PS thats all states members not just the texans.
   Lester
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top