Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
SO WHERE'S THE HUMMER?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of fuel mileage does that F750/850/950/whatever the hell it is get?

Oh yeah, for everybody that uses Consumer Reports as gospel, remember that Ralph Nader sits on their board (and everything GM makes gets trashed... coincidence?)

(sorry about your GMC experience, my 5 year old Blazer has been faultless, buy a Ford or something, any idea what % of each Toyota purchase goes towards the trade deficit? Or is the deficit "someboy else's problem?)

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What kind of fuel mileage does that F750/850/950/whatever the hell it is get?

Oh yeah, for everybody that uses Consumer Reports as gospel, remember that Ralph Nader sits on their board (and everything GM makes gets trashed... coincidence?)

(sorry about your GMC experience, my 5 year old Blazer has been faultless, buy a Ford or something, any idea what % of each Toyota purchase goes towards the trade deficit? Or is the deficit "someboy else's problem?)
Sighhhhh Do you wear clothes,shoes, watch a TV have a VCR,DVD, Sheets on your bed, towels in the bath,  OUT OF ALL of those and even more what is made HERE? 50% 25% 10% Exacltly NO its not someone elses problem its YOURS cause you cant read Do you really think a FUCKING FORD IS MADE HERE WITH AMERICAN ONLY PARTS I DO KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THE TOYOTA PLANTS HERE!  Look at what the BIG 3 Build, look at the records they have.... I gave them my best shot and THEY FAILED so do us a favor and stop talking out of your ASS.. TRADE DEFICIT DUMBASS ! Oh by the way That was the first article I could find in CR but they are everywhere NOT JUST IN THE LEFTIST MAGS

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
SO WHERE'S THE HUMMER?

If you look reeeeal hard, you can see it between the top of the rear tire and the wheel-well.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup.  A Unimog with a hamster that drinks diesel is The King.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My inlaws just bought one of these to haul around their retirement home:

www.sportchassis.com/Image_Gallery/RH/DSCN1270.jpg

I'm still waiting for the bling bling crowd to pick up on these as the ultimate platform for one bad-ass limo!

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Indeed, Ford sucks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Indeed, Ford sucks.

Thank you for that gem of a comment. If only your asshole were that smart, you could whistle "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" through your butt-cheeks. Assuming, of course, your sphincter hasn't left the rest of you for dead, lying on the side of the road while I drive by in my sucky Ford.

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Indeed, Ford sucks.

Ok I'll bite.

Why does Ford suck?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Ok I'll bite.

Why does Ford suck?

oh, what the hell, ive got some time to kill.........

starting in the 1960's.............kudos to ford for coming out with the mustang, it brought about some cars of legend!

however, the ford gasoline, IMHO, was the lesser of the three.  with a points ignition the damn thing stalled out if you ran through a puddle.......you had to change the design of the oil sump if you got any power out of the engine so you could have oil when it sloshed to the back...........the oil pickup sucked.............there werent enough head bolts to keep them from regularly blowing head gaskets..........it was nice how you could remove the intake without unstabbing the distributor however

jump to today:

where do i start?  ford gas engines suck because they're pieces of shit, overgrown (barely) POS OHC junkers that cant haul a damn thing and you can't work on yourself unless your ASE certified.  somebody explain to me how chevy can put an 8.1L in a truck and have it be easy as shit to work on and ford can put a 5.4L in the same size truck and have you have to be a PI to find the fucking spark plugs?  if you have a ford diesel you're doing well, thank international for it, ford didnt have a damn thing to do with it or chances are it would be a pain in the ass as well

ford trucks have come a LONG way recently though, older fords would be complete shit at about 100,000 miles, now you can drive them past that without much trouble.  its just a damn shame their gasoline engine dept. went to holy hell or they'd have a decent truck now
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
OK this is personal opinion:
Ill also bite on why fords suck....
My current reasons why ford sucks only apply to thier New 6.0 Diesle and 5 spd trans.
My stepdad runs a construction company...
3 Fords with the 5spd have had the trans replaced within 20000 miles. Also one report of a fords Turbo going out while pulling a 36ft 5th wheel up a grade with less than 10k miles on it.

Same construction company....
4 GM trucks
2 Duramax/Allison No Problems
2 8.1Liters No probems

And I personally belive that Fords Front suspension design the I beam is crap. there is a reason only they use it: Because Its no Good
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny, one of the best gasoline engines ever to be put in a pickup was Ford's 300cid I-6. Another incredibly solid engine was the 460cid.

I'll concede that the 351cid was a POS, though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
i'll concede on the 300ci I-6

the 460 never topped the 454 though

and the 351W was a dog, but the 351C was a good engine
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Indeed, Ford sucks.

Thank you for that gem of a comment. If only your asshole were that smart, you could whistle "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" through your butt-cheeks. Assuming, of course, your sphincter hasn't left the rest of you for dead, lying on the side of the road while I drive by in my sucky Ford.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
OK this is personal opinion:
Ill also bite on why fords suck....
My current reasons why ford sucks only apply to thier New 6.0 Diesle and 5 spd trans.
My stepdad runs a construction company...
3 Fords with the 5spd have had the trans replaced within 20000 miles. Also one report of a fords Turbo going out while pulling a 36ft 5th wheel up a grade with less than 10k miles on it.

Same construction company....
4 GM trucks
2 Duramax/Allison No Problems
2 8.1Liters No probems

And I personally belive that Fords Front suspension design the I beam is crap. there is a reason only they use it: Because Its no Good

Dude, its a six speed, and if you'd paid the money for the Torqshift auto you wouldn't have had that problem. I know a Ford dealer who admits the 6.0s manual tranny is shit, but our experience has been that the Torqshift is the best tranny on the market.

The 7.3L hasn't failed us yet. We got rid of all the 6.5Ls because until they paid Isuzu to do it, GM couldn't get a working diesel into a truck.

I will admit that Ford gas engines suck ass. I have one, I would know.

Oh yeah, we blew a turbo too, and it was fixed at 15k. That was on the 6.0L.

my 7.3L has 125K on it. Its my F550 fleet truck I drive at work.

And the Superduties have a straight axle in 2wd, coil sprung on 250 and 350, leaves on 450 and up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmm medium duty trucks for a medium duty tractor what a concept.  Kinda like using them as the basis for a tow truck.  yah think that might ever get done?

They seem like the ticket for a big trailor full of horses or furniture for a sunbird, over kill for offroading.  Having been successful in taking my Subaru Wagon in 4x4 places I couldn't fit my Scout I have to think that too big is not good offroad.

My cousins boyfriend has a raised crewcab.  My middle boy was wont to make the compensation commentary and did so until he started to make a crack about the truck across from Grandmas one Thanksgiving and my cousin said "That's Dave's truck."  "What about my truck?"  Dave makes Dad at 6'3" and 270 lbs look small, Steven has learned to keep his mouth shut.

Although I have to agree, some of the raised bling bling trucks are all show and no go.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I see lots of F650 tow trucks.

And as far as the whole lifted truck thing goes, its not compensation, its advertisement!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#18]
anyone have a link to the anti-gun consumer reports article?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i'll concede on the 300ci I-6

You bet your ass you will.

the 460 never topped the 454 though

I agree. It was good, the 454 was better.

and the 351W was a dog, but the 351C was a good engine

Good clarification. The Windsor was never anything but a boat anchor while the Cleveland actually was pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
When gas hits $2.50 a gallon next time I'm sure to run out and get one of these things to drive to work. If you ain't got a big one drive a big one

I blow by plenty of guys driving there big V-8's in the hills west of here. Its not the size of the engine but the size of the balls of the driver that get speed up the hills

If I had a japanese truck that failed in the first 100,000 miles I'd tow it to the lot and crash the thing sideways though the plate glass window

quality is a concept someone working for the weekend hasn't a clue of.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:28:37 AM EDT
[#21]
put down and step away from the crack pipe
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#22]
[shock/amazement] In-breeding really does cause retardation. [/shock/amazement]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I prefer the following:

www.pinzgauer.com

I want the command car.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top