Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Its just a sign of a high testerone output.  Just look at the next dude you see with a full head of hair and smile because you know YOU can still get it up.

Like I said, the chicks dig it (and not without reason).
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Eunuch's don't go bald.  The better alternative is to do what a friend of mine did.  He was always getting  ribbed at work about being bald.  So his wife gave him a sign to hang over his desk.  It read "A BALD HEAD IS A SOLAR PANEL FOR A SEX MACHINE".  Nobody picked on him after that.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Eunuch's don't go bald.  The better alternative is to do what a friend of mine did.  He was always getting  ribbed at work about being bald.  So his wife gave him a sign to hang over his desk.  It read "A BALD HEAD IS A SOLAR PANEL FOR A SEX MACHINE".  Nobody picked on him after that.  

Also saying that the baldness is due to "all the U-Turns under the sheets" works well too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Good Genes or Shave you head.  Once shaved it can't go bald since it already is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Baldness comes from hormonal changes as you age.  Testosterone becomes metabolized into dihydrotestosterone, which for some reason thickens the skin on the scalp, cutting off nutrients to hair and causing it to die and fall out (aka, baldness).

For some reason, this is somehow related to prostate problems.  In researching prostate problems, drug companies ID'd a side effect of one of their drugs, finastriside, that stopped this metabolization of testosterone into DHT, which causes baldness.

I'm balding, have noticed it since my mid 20's with lots of hair on my pillow, in the drain, and in the mirror.  I use finastriside (Propecia/Proscar) and have a lot of hair, and my control (twin brother) doesn't, and he looks awful. Finastriside stops hair loss in its tracks, and takes effect in a week.  It's pretty amazing.  I've never noticed any sexual side effects, as a lot of people have cited.  But taking too much does make your nuts ache in an unpleasant way.

Guys on this board always say "shave it" or "accept it".  Fuck that.  You dont have to be bald if your dont want to.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Just let it be...if you're going bald there is NOTHING you can do about it...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just let it be...if you're going bald there is NOTHING you can do about it...

That's just not true.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:44:50 AM EDT
[#8]
nothing works...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:13:52 AM EDT
[#9]
A class I took in college (so the information MUST be correct, right?)
said that "male pattern baldness" was caused by testosterone toxicity
to the hair follicles.

It had been proven in laboratory experiments that if a person was castrated,
male pattern baldness would stop in its tracks.

(wonder who signed up for that experiment)

Consider yourself extra-manly.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Tagged for the future.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]
"Grey hair is great! Just ask any bald guy." - Rodney Dangerfield
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stop wearing baseball hats.  I have worn a baseball hat every day for the last 20 yrs.  Now that my hair is starting to fall out my Doc says to let my head breath a bit.

It's hard to break old habits though.

I hate to break this to ya dude, but your doctor is a moron.  You weren't wearing a fargin' tourniquet on your head.

There wouldn't be a baseball player, football player, soldier or cop on earth with hair if that nonsense was true.  Baldness is, for the most part, genetic.  Period.  

Uh this is true, some people who wear ball caps all the time can have temporary hair loss. When they stop wearing the hat it grows back though. As far as  slowing dowm going bald a number of products are supposed to slow down the process if you start treatment early enough. Years back when I still cared about going bald I tried Rogaine, didnt work for me.  Im 38 now and am past caring so I  shave the whole thing. My wife says she couldnt even imagine me with hair and likes the way I look. So if all else fails, shave it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#13]
there is only one sure way to reverse baldness.

by the light of every new moon you must sacrafice a virgin.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Propecia (Finasteride) will keep you from losing more hair if you respond to the treatment.  A smaller percentage of men will grow additional hair.  Unfortunately you would have to take the medication for the remainder of your life if you want to keep the hair.  

Negatives with the medication include high cost (average wholesale price now exceeds $56/30 tabs in most areas), side effects (1-2% will experience testicular pain), and the fact that you must take it forever.

My professional advice is to try it out for a few months, see if you respond and then decide if it's right for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Uh this is true, some people who wear ball caps all the time can have temporary hair loss. When they stop wearing the hat it grows back though. As far as  slowing dowm going bald a number of products are supposed to slow down the process if you start treatment early enough. Years back when I still cared about going bald I tried Rogaine, didnt work for me.  Im 38 now and am past caring so I  shave the whole thing. My wife says she couldnt even imagine me with hair and likes the way I look. So if all else fails, shave it.

Oh, I get it.  Photosynthesis grows their hair back.

No, chemicals never worked for me, either.  And, by the time they came out with that pill (whatever it is), it was too late in my case.  I mean, if you could take a pill and it would grow your hair back there wouldn't be any bald guys, especially wealthy ones, now would there?  

It's probably true that among a certain percentage of men who start some sort of chemical prevention early enough there is some success.  That is, there appears to be a "sliding scale" of success and no company has EVER been able to come straight out and say, "Cure For Baldness: We Have It!" because it doesn't actually exist.  The "cures" only work well for a certain percentage of the population, less well for a bigger percentage, etc.

Also, back in the day (I don't know about now) a lot of insurance companies wouldn't pay for "bald headed drugs" because they said they were "cosmetic" and not "medicinal", the jerks.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Now that I'm gettin' a little bit older....I'm losing a little bit of hair on the dome. Not much yet, but I don't want to lose much more either.

What can I do? What has worked for you?

Any suggestions are welcome (including smart ass responses...just make 'em clever okay ).
It would also be nice if you recommended products that weren't $1K a month.

Thanks.

It's genetics. But, hair loss is also stress related.
Rogaine and similar no-name brand versions work to a certain extent.
Not wearing hats won't make a difference.

Complete hair loss can be fixed by getting hair plug transplants, a toupee, or a wig.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Shave that grape!    (+1)

Then get some sun on it SLOOOOOWWWWLY.  It really sucks to sunburn a freshly shaved noggin.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I know of a guy who bought his wife a wig.
He heard she was getting balled at the office
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Observations about the effects of castration on baldness go back to Plato or Aristotle, I forget which.  He mentioned that they thought sex caused baldness as eunuchs never went bald.  Eunuchs were pretty common in the ancient world.  Today we just have a bunch of people merely act like eunuchs.  No balls about any issue whatsoever.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top