Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#1]
1. i am pretty sure your waiter wasn't hired to destroy the business' profit margin
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I usually have from 1-3, but obviously a good server should have no qualms about filling your glass as many times as necessary.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

1. i am pretty sure your waiter wasn't hired to destroy the business' profit margin

You'd probably have to drink 30 refills of any given beverage for them to not make a profit on it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It depends.

I had lunch today at Texas Roadhouse and had only two glasses of tea.

But on a hot summer day when I've been riding my bike all day and am parched I'll suck down the tea as fast as they can bring it.

I'd say generally two to four glasses of tea per meal.

You drink caffeine when you are dehydrated because???

The caffeine speeds up your heart rate which in turn speeds up water being absorbed into the body.

I hope you aren't serious.

Honestly, at the altitude you're at in the front range.  Beverages caffeinated or not are a good idea after activity.  I found after a ride that for every glass of tea I drank, 2 glasses of water followed.

For the poll, two glass, tea and water.  One is typically empty, with about 2 refills of each.   If it's a "soda only" deal, maybe a single refill.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By some random dude @ askville.amazon
Water ’dilutes’ the enzymes and chemicals that your body produces to break down food, thus hindering digestion. This is why practitioners of Ayurvedic Medicine suggest taking fluids between meals rather that with your meal. You may read about this in books on Yoga, or books written by Deepak Chopra.

Well, that right there convinces me. Deepak Chopra, forsooth
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Soft drinks, 2-3 glasses.

Liquor-wine? Until I'm buzzing hard. I try not to consume alcohol outside home
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It depends.

But on a hot summer day when I've been riding my bike all day and am parched I'll suck down the tea as fast as they can bring it.

The caffeine speeds up your heart rate which in turn speeds up water being absorbed into the body.

Honestly, at the altitude you're at in the front range.  Beverages caffeinated or not are a good idea after activity.  I found after a ride that for every glass of tea I drank, 2 glasses of water followed.

For the poll, two glass, tea and water.  One is typically empty, with about 2 refills of each.   If it's a "soda only" deal, maybe a single refill.

Who's on the front range?

BTW, I don't ride all day and only drink when a meal is served. I'll typically down a bottle of water whenever I stop for gas too. Or a bag of peanuts, cashews or something and water at midmorning or midafternoon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Depends on what I'm drinking.

I'll only drink 1 to 1.5 glasses of Coke.

I drink at least 3 glasses of water at every meal, though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It depends.

Who's on the front range?

BTW, I don't ride all day and only drink when a meal is served. I'll typically down a bottle of water whenever I stop for gas too. Or a bag of peanuts, cashews or something and water at midmorning or midafternoon.

Hater

Some theory applies the further west and up you go from Denver.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top