BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Can I get a judge's ruling on this?

IMHO.....Assortment! A nice one at that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
One safe full.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can I get a judge's ruling on this?

IMHO.....Assortment! A nice one at that.

Thanks Stony, I forgot to mention too, that I have bayos for everything that has a lug.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:07:18 AM EDT
[#4]
A collection might be considered 'more than needed' - Meaning that you have more than one firearm to fill a specific role.

But, that's not exactly correct... I would say a more accurate definition, or at least a add-on to the above would be: More than you (can) use.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]

If gun number is >2, then it is a collection

According to the local paper that's an Arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]
A lot of interesting viewpoints expressed here on this subject...

Personally, I avoided the words collector and collection for years - I preferred arsenal, accumulation, etc. like others here.  I really didn't consider myself a collector, even when I started buying guns that I knew I would never employ in defensive or hunting capacities.  The thought of collectible or historically significant "safe-queens" was abhorrent to me - guns are meant to be shot, after all.

Eventually, my shooting bubbies who are privvy to my gun room convinced me that the terms collector and collection probably fit - even though I still prefer useful guns that I can carry & shoot to the more valuable pieces I've acquired.

My wife and I are well into 3 figures.  We didn't start out to accumulate so many, but we like & enjoy a wide variety of firearms and tend not to sell or trade any away anymore.  I don't have a picture of the whole lot, but I have several group shots of various categories of our firearms...

Most of our traditional ARs:

Most of our non-traditional ARs (and some works in progress):

Most of the AKs:

Our lever-action rifles:

Our 870s:

Our Mossbergs:

Most of the other shotguns:

The S&W revolvers:

The non-S&W revolvers:

Some of the .45s:

I am lacking good group shots of the "collector pieces," most of the semi-auto pistols, the .308s, the carbines, the bolt-actions, the .22s (we have a BUNCH of .22s ), etc., but you get the idea.  We love guns and we love shooting.  Maybe one day when I have a day off and no prior commitments (if such a day ever comes ) I'll try to pull ALL of them out and take one big group shot - something I've thought about but never taken the time to do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
*if you own 1 - 5 guns your a beginner gun collector

*10 - 16 guns is average

*20 plus is more advanced

*50 + is old timer

I'm 38...
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

[Cartman]...I hate you...[/Cartman]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't collect, I stockpile!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd say 2, as long as they were collectible.  I have a lot of guns, but none of them are collectible.

Just because I buy 100 stamps and put them in my desk drawer, I do not have a stamp collection.

Wow...that may be one of the wisest things ever said re: gun collections.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow hard shell that is a really nice collection.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#12]
1 would be a collection.  However, it would be very small.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Lets see...1,2,3...hmmm...I guess no matter how many, it's more rightly an "accumulation" than a "collection."  The word collection implies some kind of system.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top