BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I like explosions.  The bigger, the better.

I couldn't agree more. This is my bread and butter.
The bigger the blast, the more cash.
I love my job!

As far as life goes. I live for my kids. Everything I do is because of or impacts them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
cutting cable and reducing electricity to "get off the grid", yet you still have Internet access...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
cutting cable and reducing electricity to "get off the grid", yet you still have Internet access...

or watch the next Jack Bauer Power Hour of "24" in high definition and Dolby Digital surround sound.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
a mountain top in idaho and a highpowered rifle

my dream for this lifetime that's realistic is a mountain top in southern wv or southwestern va, dogs and cats and lots of weapons. small cabin style house.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
After years of expansion (slowly, I'm not exactly rich ) I'm voluntarily entering a time of ... If not contraction, then equilibrium... I realized I was buying things, hardly using them, and putting them away. Now I am going to stop acquiring and take the time to familiarize and enjoy myself with them.

Also... Less media bombardment.

Less dependence on my job (I hope).

Less dependence on the opinions and whims of others.

More self reliance in every facet of life.

Focus more on people and experiences and ... life ... Not stuff.

Guess I'm at a bit of a crossroads. Nothing major, just want to do one of those every-once-in-a-while "who am I?" self examinations.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Now that three of my four kids have made me a grandpa, I've mellowed quite
a bit.

I feel like I made the hump and it's all down hill from here.

No worries.

I don't envy young parents, it's a lot of fricken work.

Now, grandkids, that is just heaven

GM
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in the old farm house that has been in my family ever since it was built in 1863.

My son is the 7th generation under this roof with the family's name.

I have never had cable or dishnetwork, I only heat with wood and coal that I burn in the

basement in the furnace my grandfather made years ago.  I cut firewood every Sunday and split

it with the same axe I have been using since I was 13.  I am 28 now and have 2 kids and my

wife who has stuck with me no matter what.  I live out here fairly secluded from all the busy things

that have managed to overcomplicate my brothers' lives by moving into towns and cities.

I like being able to go outside and shoot whenever I want and let everyone know that I am still

here and don't plan on leaving.  Simplicity is what drives us and what motivates us more

than most others.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Well still dont know what I want to do in life, or what really makes me happy.

Not much I want to own these days.

Doubt any relationship will ever happen.

Work it work I go there and they pay me.

Thats my life, sometimes I buy myself chicken or something I want, alot of the time I dont
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont really know what I like doing.

I dont know what the hell Im doing with my life these days

+1

+2
I like my job but hey its still a job and you dred it some days ,  but when i am not at work i just kinda wander around wondering ahh what should i do  so i go into work
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont really know what I like doing.

I dont know what the hell Im doing with my life these days

+1

+2
I like my job but hey its still a job and you dred it some days ,  but when i am not at work i just kinda wander around wondering ahh what should i do  so i go into work

Some weeks I am GLAD to be back at work, Monday is my last day and Im happy to get off.  Then Tuesday evening Im hoping for Thursday so I can get back
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I try to make this day (maybe my last?) worthwhile. I strive to love my loveones like there's no tomorrow. No regrets.
M
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
It was pretty stupid of that skiier to work for years to get to the Olympics, then go out and blow it in one night of drinking.  Straight up idiocy, in my opinion.

I did enjoy watching that one girl start showing off and subsequently falling on her face and losing the gold medal. Bad karma, I guess, but I hate showboats.  If you have to posture like a tribesman after doing something, you either have no class or are no good at what you're doing.  Or both.

That said, to answer the question posed in the title.  I'm throwing away years of accumulated clutter and I won't be buying more junk to replace it.  I'm going to read more and watch TV less.  If I weren't getting cable for free right now, I wouldn't be getting it at all.  I have no debt.  That is a plus.  I'm going to be nicer to people I care about and a lot meaner to people I don't care about.  I'm going to study religion and philosophy in more depth.  I really want to be more organized and settle into a strictly scheduled routine.  I like the idea of cutting out the extra, useless stuff in life and only doing things that either matter or that I enjoy.  Or both.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  That thought was persisting in my mind.  So I got up and walked out of my office and into ameeting my boss was having at the time.  I told him that I was taking a leave of absence for a few years and was going to Iraq.  Then I pcked my stuff up and left...  The look on his face was priceless! LOL  Been prett happy with the decision and no stress of the rat race :)
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Now, grandkids, that is just heaven

GM

Grandchildren are your reward for letting your children live past puberty....

We live life like most people. We're  in debt up to our hips (not too much...not too little), we are spread thin (elderly parents who make us crazy and young ones who try to finish us off) and we enjoy our family and friends around us as often as possible.

Christ.
We're  middle freaken aged, aren't we?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

We're  middle freaken aged, aren't we?

yes, we are.  I'm not going quietly either.  I'm kicking and screaming the whole way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My Life sucks right now

+1.

It could be much worse, and I know it will be getting better eventually, but sheesh.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
After years of expansion (slowly, I'm not exactly rich ) I'm voluntarily entering a time of ... If not contraction, then equilibrium... I realized I was buying things, hardly using them, and putting them away. Now I am going to stop acquiring and take the time to familiarize and enjoy myself with them.

Also... Less media bombardment.

Less dependence on my job (I hope).

Less dependence on the opinions and whims of others.

More self reliance in every facet of life.

Focus more on people and experiences and ... life ... Not stuff.

Guess I'm at a bit of a crossroads. Nothing major, just want to do one of those every-once-in-a-while "who am I?" self examinations.

that sounds quite a bit like my situation.  I do this every so often.  i've cut out a significant amount of television over the years.  I hardly watch it at all any more.  I've also learned that owning things involves more time and money for things such as  maintenance than i care to part with.  live and learn.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#19]
last bump.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top