User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was doing my ccw shooting qual years ago there was a ratchet-ass black chick trying to earn hers as well. She had the glittery nails that went an inch beyond her fingertips, weave,... the works. She shows up with a fucking high point to shoot her qual. First they had to see everyone load their magazines while exhibiting safe handling practices. Then you had to demonstrate that you understood how to load the weapon, use the manual safety (if it had one) etc... finally you had to shoot the qual.

Right off the bad she clearly had no clue nor interest in how to operate that piece of shit. She couldn't load the magazines with her nails as they were so they helped her. They had to talk her through the pistol's various features even though we'd just sat through an entire fucking class on it. Finally, she shot the qual.

Every round she fired was with her eyes closed. Flinching all over the place. Scared out of her damn mind. The target was only about 5 yards away. Didn't hit it once. They let her shoot it again. Knicked the edge of the paper once. That's it. So they failed her out and refused to issue her certificate of completion.

The second she failed out she called somebody on her Obama phone and had a heated exchange about how she didn't pass and "I toll you foo! Ain't no way ize gonna pass dat, dammit! Come pick my ass up! I'm tire uh diss shit! I jess wanna go home, nigga!"

I was mesmerized. It could not have been more obvious to everyone present that she had zero interest in obtaining a ccw permit. Her felonious boyfriend was making her do it so he could make her hold his gun whenever they got pulled over. I was speechless that the range even let her try.

So, yeah, some people really are that bad at shooting.
View Quote
Burnsville pistol range or Bill's?

I've almost gotten shot twice at the Circle Pines Bill's location.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A lack of understanding of the fundamentals of marksmanship?
View Quote
Too much TV.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Antifa sniper.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most people can't shoot better than SHTF - the majority can't pull a tight group without a lead sled or other supporting device(s).
View Quote
If you want to hit what your aiming at, and it's any distance away, it's prudent to use a support device.

Sling, bipod, bag, car, tree, tripod, shooting stick, wall - I'm going to use it.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#6]
This is my target at 100 yards before I had even loaded a magazine.  A guy two lanes over with an orange and black diamond shaped target was shooting it thinking it was his.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Tapco fucked SKS? I'll bet a pay check that the pos scope mount was moving.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Ive seen it. Met a guy to trade pistols. He wanted to shoot them first. Okay. He couldnt load his own pistol I was trading for. We shot maybe fifty rounds. I say okay Im going to rifle range nice meeting you.  {Him}Well okay Im going over there too!  I set up and he pulls a Tapco fucked SKS out that hes never shot that either. Got it off his brother.
Loads a mag puts it in. Pulls bolt back and slowly follows it forward holding it and jams it. Hes finger fucking it and has no clue what happened.
I help him clear it. I said sling shot it. He doesnt know what I mean and jams it again. Now Im taking over and had to ask do you mind me helping? He was uh no what? huh? I show him pull bolt back and let it go.
Hes shooting.  I walk to my table fire a few off and a cease fire is coming up.
He goes down range. Range officer is like seventy years old. I told him hey I dont know that guy hes all thumbs has no fucking clue what hes doing. He goes hell I had a guy here earlier jammed his AR mag and had to fix it for him.
I said well Im letting you know Im not responsible for him lol and watch him. I shot another couple of mags and left.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I play basketball like *most* people shoot......it's not my thing and I have no interest in improving it.

Poor shooters show more guts coming onto my turf than I do going on theirs. You'll never catch me shooting hoops.

(I'm not a Tier One shooter by any means but I'm better than most of the folks I physically see shooting.)
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Shooting shotgun slugs is not for the faint of heart.  The fierce blast and recoil makes people want to flinch.  On top of that, point of impact on a slug is easily changed by an inconsistent hold.  

It takes old man nerves of steel to shoot one accurately.
View Quote
Shooting them from a bench on a rest is brutal.

But I like recoil so it makes me chuckle.

Testing slugs for accuracy I was shooting from a rest with a father/son down about 5 benches and over heard the son ask "Why is he shooting a shotgun at 50yrds?" The dad replied "I dont know but hes making a good group".

Worst thing I ever did was when testing out a new to me AK I bought from a kid out in Iowa claiming his dad made him sell it as Obummer was going to outlaw them, plus he couldn't hit anything with it anyway.

I take it to my local indoor range and took the break off of it to sight it in and all went well. The Front sight was canted and it took a bit to get it sighted right but it was fairly accurate and on paper the whole time.

I then remembered the brake and put it on to see how much it would reduce recoil.

First shot, paper didnt look any different. Second shot the gun seemed to vibrate in some odd way but it was new to me so I thought nothing of it. Third shot the guy next to me says "You're hitting the baffels!".

Damn if the kid didnt put a 5.45 brake on a 7.62 gun. Big ole copper streak on one side of the brake.

No wonder he couldnt hit anything.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#11]
You'd be surprised...I see stuff at the range I go to that's just amazing in term of bad shooting.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

Definitely would be a rifle behind each blade except no marksman. The average American can't shoot for shit and it will continue to get worse as the demonization of firearms increases.
View Quote
Back when he said that - a greater percentage of the population still lived outside the cities in more rural settings, and a greater percentage of the people living outside the cities still hunted for personal nutritional consumption more often than now.

You wanted to eat - you had to hit the target.
Otherwise, you explained to the kids that they were gonna be hungry again, tonight.

If you want Americans to shoot better - you have to hook their gamepads up to remote gunbots, and you have to change the games so that ammo is less available.

Games suck because nobody has to act like ammo is heavy and/or hard to get when you're out.
And that is going to be an issue when the next generation has to man the parapets.

It's going to be a hard day when it dawns on them that the badguys are coming and the good guys are out of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a 2 inch .32 S&W Long revolver. I can't hit a target 5 feet away from me with it

I'm fine with everything else. It's my mystery gun
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Lack of fundamentals and/or an understanding of sights/zeroes.

I took my friend to the range last week. At first, he couldn't hit a 12" target at 10 yards with his pistol. He was tea-cupping the gun and his stance was similar to a Weaver but with both feet parallel to the target. I showed him proper grip, stance, and trigger control. By the end of the day he was plinking bowling pins at 25 yards.  

While there I observed countless people failing to hit a 12" steel target at 100 and even 50 yards with rifles. The RO, apparently accustomed to such shooting, chuckled and said "I'd like to see that" when I told him I was going out to 200 yards to place my 6" steel target. I'm not expert marksman, but I was easily able to get hits on my target using my AR. My friend even got several hits per mag from his stock WASR after we determined it's POI/POA relation.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Burnsville pistol range or Bill's?

I've almost gotten shot twice at the Circle Pines Bill's location.
View Quote
Bill's Circle Pines!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#16]
95% of gun owners have never had any training.  ZERO, ZILCH.  

Shit they have never even watched a magpul video.

They do not know how to zero their rifle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a 2 inch .32 S&W Long revolver. I can't hit a target 5 feet away from me with it

I'm fine with everything else. It's my mystery gun
View Quote
 You putting the bullets in the right way?

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is my target at 100 yards before I had even loaded a magazine.  A guy two lanes over with an orange and black diamond shaped target was shooting it thinking it was his.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187084/94262.JPG
View Quote
I've had that very same experience .   I watched holes appearing in my target and thought , " WTF is going on ".  

gd
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I went to the range this past weekend and got some good practice in, but this has been bothering me.  Sometimes I like to spy on other people's targets during a lull to ceasefire to check how other people are doing.  I've seen some really amazingly tight groups and I've seen some targets that make me lose faith in humanity.

This past trip there was a group that brought a shotgun (with slugs) and an SKS that looked like they dragged it through a Tapco catalog and had a reflex sight on it.  At 50 yards and a metric f**k ton of ammo later,  I could see 2, maybe 3 shots on paper (they had one target 8-10" wide).  I saw dirt kick up 2 feet away, 6 feet away, and they even managed to hit the wood overhang a few times which prompted a quick response from the RO.  And no, they weren't doing mag dumps.  Fastest rate of fire allowed is one shot per one second.

How can anyone honestly be THAT bad?
View Quote

Had 2 guys in my Infantry OSUT company out of 200'ish that failed to quality on M16 qual until the very last day when even DS's were shooting from other foxholes to help them qual....still couldn't qual.  Somehow they "magically" passed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187084/94262.JPG
View Quote
I've done that at least twice at NRA high power matches. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#21]
One time at a rifle range - just me and the other guy - he shoots my target - states that he was just looking at my target.

because he had no target - I loaned him one.  after seeing his shots going over the ispc target - I ask when the last time that the gun was sighted in?  his reply was they sighted it in when they mounted the red dot at the store.  he had a 1500 at and did not know how to run it.

I ended up zeroing in the AR and showing him how to run the run.

All good and we all start some where.

Red
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, it took 10,000 bullets to kill one combatant in Vietnam.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top