BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Post from garandman -
What I am hearing in this forum is "Gee, you're dark-skinned. Let's shine a bright light in your face, assume you must be guilty of something cuz of the actions of other dark-skinned people, and beat you with a rubber hose till you confess."
View Quote

[u]That[/u] is BULLSHIT and you know it garandman!

You think I need to apologize to you for something I didn't say, you don't need to apologize to me for accusing me of 'blatant racism', and now you're accusing anyone who disagrees with your analopic view as racists?

You're way out on a limb on this one![:D]

Eric The(Nonplussed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How difficult is it for you to see G-man, that nobody here is blaming all Arabs, but rather using a little commonsense and saying that they should be looked at more closely due to an increased liklihood. Not jailed, not beaten, not even cussed at, just taken at face value (as that is all that is readily available).
View Quote

Your statement is simply NOT the reality of "profiling." Profiling is WAY more than "not even cussed at." Profiling means informal arrest, detainment, interrogation and harassment all because they are the wrong skin color / ethnicity / whatever BS the jackbooted Federal agency invents.  I think they "profiled" Randy Weaver, Waco, etc didn't they????

"Taking someone at face value" means looking at the facts about THEM SPECIFICALLY, NOT looking at their ethnicity, and then considering them a greater threat based on that SINGULAR item.

If you find a dark-skinned person who ALSO has ties to al Queda, Hamas, Islamic Jihad or whatever else, have at him.

But just to yank someone out of an airport just because he has dark skin is wrong. It is NOT what America is about.

There is a greater risk of an individual of Arab descent committing an act of terror agains the US, and it's citizens than any other group at this point. .
View Quote

Replace "Arab descent" with "non Christian" and move back a few hundred years to Salem, Massachusetts, and you have "witches" being burned at the stake by "Christians." THAT was WRONG. THIS is WRONG.

There is ALSO a "greater risk / increased likelihood" of a gun owner committing a gun crime, but you'd squeal like a gored piglet if I suggested "that {gun owners} should be looked at more closely due to an increased likelihood."

We base our entire justice system NOT on the "likelihood" of ANYTHING (or at least we used to) but on the notion of "being innocent until  proven guilty."

If you are gonna support "likelihood" as a criteria for how we treat groups in the USA, then you ALSO have to support "likelihood" as an indicator of gun access to gun crime.

Being logically consistent DEMANDS it.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Just out of curiosity, what part have you had in these terrible detainments?? When was it that you experienced this?? Were you detained, cussed at, tortured into confessing?? Oh, wait, you are operating here on pure speculation. A profile you have in your head about the Govt. and those agents acting on it's behalf.

I must have missed the Arab burnings on the nightly news, pardon my unenlightened nature.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
"Kill the infadels! Kill the infadels!"

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
hello all from brazil....G-Man----ya know sometimes buddy we agree....but you ain't going to convince this crowd....they have been watching " The minute of Hate" on TV.
They KNOW who the real enemy is...Big Brother told them....give up on this and fight one that
is not already lost....
View Quote

I don't know what "The Minute of Hate" is, but then, I don't have cable either.

Be so kind as to enlighten us to the nature of the real enemy. If those weren't Arab muslims on those planes, on the boat that blew up the USS Cole or in the truck that blew up the World Trade Center the first time in 1993, who were they?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Post from garandman -
What I am hearing in this forum is "Gee, you're dark-skinned. Let's shine a bright light in your face, assume you must be guilty of something cuz of the actions of other dark-skinned people, and beat you with a rubber hose till you confess."
View Quote

View Quote

Nice edit job, Eric.

THE IMMEDIATE NEXT sentence in my post after what you quoted above is "Of course this is an exaggeration..."

But you edit THAT out to slant what I said.

If you wanna play the game that way, I'm NOT interested in playing.

You think I need to apologize to you for something I didn't say, you don't need to apologize to me for accusing me of 'blatant racism', and now you're accusing anyone who disagrees with your analopic view as racists?

You're way out on a limb on this one![:D]

View Quote

I raise the racist allegation ONE time against you - here in this thread.

You have used "Israel hater" "Nazi"-esque, "antiSemite" SO MANY times that toward me that if I had a dollar for every time you did it, I could PAY you to agree with me. it would be THAT much money.

Do you REALLY want me to post every time you have used this tactic????

Forget it ETH. We've reached an impasse. All I can assume is that you backpeddaling from "Israel hater" to "dislikes Israel, as far as I can tell" in your charachterization of me in THIS thread is the rquivalent of you KNOWING you were wrong, but being incapable of simply saying "I'm sorry" without an attached paragraph of legalese, and counter accusation.

I am sorry I used the "racist" allegation here this ONE time against you. Will you apologize for the DOZENS of times you've done it against me, and then promise not to do it in the future?

TO ALL-

My position is clear. If its not clear to you, re-read what I said. But I'm out of this thread. Now its just re-re-reiteration of what I've already said.

Peace,

garandman out.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't suppose that either/both of you would recognize the fact that this topic has gotten awfully 'low' and seems to swing ever more personal.

This is all the more surprising as I know each of you hold the other in high regard.

(By the way "bullshit' makes it through the spell checker !)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hello all from brazil....G-Man----ya know sometimes buddy we agree....but you ain't going to convince this crowd....they have been watching " The minute of Hate" on TV.
They KNOW who the real enemy is...Big Brother told them....give up on this and fight one that
is not already lost....
View Quote

I don't know what "The Minute of Hate" is, but then, I don't have cable either.

Be so kind as to enlighten us to the nature of the real enemy. If those weren't Arab muslims on those planes, on the boat that blew up the USS Cole or in the truck that blew up the World Trade Center the first time in 1993, who were they?
View Quote

Here, Here!!      [beer]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And even if advanced technology gave you the ability to be 100% effective in screening for weapons, there would still be the potential for a sufficiently large number of unarmed terrorists to skyjack or down a plane with improvised weapons obtained after boarding.  
View Quote

as it happens, i advocate arming entire aircrews.
i think they could handle a couple of unarmed or ballpoint pen-wielding terrorists.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Post from garandman -
Replace "Arab descent" with "non Christian" and move back a few hundred years to Salem, Massachusetts, and you have "witches" being burned at the stake by "Christians."....THIS is WRONG.
View Quote

Wow, garandman, for once in this thread you did actually get something right!

There were [b]no[/b] witches burned in Salem! None. So when you ended with the sentence 'This is wrong' I guess you realized that your previous sentence was wrong. So you are right, it was wrong!

All the witches in Salem were hung, garandman, hung, with the exception of one who was crushed with rocks.

History. Read it sometime.

Eric The(IDo)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
How many witches does it take to piss a bunch of gun-owners off?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Post from garandman -
Do you REALLY want me to post every time you have used this tactic????
View Quote

Yes, I would, actually.

Eric The(Forgetful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't suppose that either/both of you would recognize the fact that this topic has gotten awfully 'low' and seems to swing ever more personal.

This is all the more surprising as I know each of you hold the other in high regard.

(By the way "bullshit' makes it through the spell checker !)
View Quote

Second attempt
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#14]
How many witches does it take to piss a bunch of gun-owners off?
View Quote

Depends on what they are doing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

All the witches in Salem were hung, garandman, hung.....

View Quote

If memory serves, THAT is how you have described YOURSELF, from time to time. [}:D] "Hung..."

Not that I would want to know.....

[}:D]

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok...since eric and G are becoming great friends
---sarcasm alert...I will try to put a post that will put me in the hotseat. Minute of hate---
The book and movie "1984" had a daily segment on tv that was the government's approved hate segment. You really should look at some of the 1984 stuff and see how it applies to our current situation. As for Arab's being involved with Sept 11...most likely BUT one source published the passenger lists and these "19" names were not there. I could go on but everyone is going to start shouting "Tinfoil" and it is too nice here for that. Just remember-Randy Weaver was a terrorist and the people at Waco were child molestors---that's what the government said...
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

.... analopic........

View Quote

HUN, need a spell check and definition on this one !
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What have I missed? Are there summary executions being carried out at the airports in the US? Are there detention camps here? Is every suspicious Arab passenger being sent to Gitmo for interrogation?
Quite so, [b]in a court of law[/b] being tried for a [b]criminal offense[/b] punishable by a term of incarceration!
Remove any of those items, and there simply is no 'presumption of innocence'!
Did OJ kill Nicole? Who says? See what I mean.
Guilty? No, not at all. Subject to closer scrutiny, hell yes!
Just like if there were a 7 foot red haired white boy who running around your town raping women. If I just happened to be a 7 foot red haired white boy, I would certainly expect to be questioned a lot by the authorities.
And if some pinhead asked the cops if they had questioned me, and their response was, no, we don't have any reason to suspect [u]that[/u] 7 foot red haired white boy, just because he's a 7 foot red haired white boy, then I would think that the Police Department would soon be the laughing stock of the community.
Were it a laughing matter. But it's not, and neither is the security of our country!
Arrest? See, [b]lurker[/b], how you go overboard on this? No one is being arrested at the airport that I know of, do you have any information on this?
[i][b]Sacre' bleu, mais non! Je suis anglais et allemand![/b][/i]
Eric The(Teutonic)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

ok, not "arrest". is "detain" or "harrass" better for you?

we have rights long before we reach the courtroom. i read that somewhere.

english and german. no chance of norsemen mixing with [b]FRENCH[/b] in normandy before 1066?

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just remember-Randy Weaver was a terrorist....that's what the government said...
View Quote

hound, understand your points.

At the time, CNN was still preferred to the networks and CNN's coverage started out with Mr. Weaver as a "Survivalist."

As things progressed and Mr. Weaver needed further dehumanization he became a "White Supremacist."
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the witches in Salem were hung, garandman, hung.....

View Quote

If memory serves, THAT is how you have described YOURSELF, from time to time. [}:D] "Hung..."

Not that I would want to know.....

BTW, Eric -

As a reading of history has shown you that witches were hung, I would suggest a reading of biology, that will show you that's only possible for warlocks.....

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#21]
lurker

You are detained every time you try to leave Walmart, and that guy at the door "has" to see your reciept. You could even say harassed. He has no proof of your having stolen, and as such I think harass is an excellent word.

You were saying??
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I did not know that you could only hang warlocks, or where that was in the biology books. Damn my ignorance!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Post from 5subslr5 -
View Quote

On the 'analopic' or 'nonplussed'? [:D]

'Analopic', adj., (Hunnism) viewing things through one's poophole. (BTW, subsailor, that's [u]not[/u] 'porthole')

'Nonplussed', adj., not being plussed.

Don't make me get out my Merriam-Webster's!

Eric The(Perplexed,Puzzled,IsThatBetter?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#24]
garandman - forgive/forget?

Eric The(WellPracticed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I did not know that you could only hang warlocks, or where that was in the biology books. Damn my ignorance!!
View Quote

Ya learn suttin' ever' day!!!!

Hey, USP40C-

I just recently acquired a USPC40 (NO, ETH, I am NOT ALSO a slave owner in addition to being an antiSemite [}:D] )

Pretty nice gun, tho I'm not as proficient with it as with my Sig 229.

What size groups do you get at 25 yards with 180 gr. (If you use that weight)?????

Mine aren't too keen.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
lurker
You are detained every time you try to leave Walmart, and that guy at the door "has" to see your reciept. You could even say harassed. He has no proof of your having stolen, and as such I think harass is an excellent word.
You were saying??
View Quote

well, i do wave my reciept at Pearl the greeter on my way out. i dont think ive been profiled, but i could be wrong. maybe 45+ yr old white males do occasionally shoplift?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Post from 5subslr5 -
View Quote

On the 'analopic' or 'nonplussed'? [:D]

'Analopic', adj., (Hunnism) viewing things through one's poophole. (BTW, subsailor, that's [u]not[/u] 'porthole')

'Nonplussed', adj., not being plussed.

Don't make me get out my Merriam-Webster's!

Eric The(Perplexed,Puzzled,IsThatBetter?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Just for the heck of it get out the Merriam-Webster's as neither of my spell checkers know the word.

Purely curiosity.  (Just for a moment I was afraid of being "plussed !")
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Love to.

I do hope you'll forgive and forget my transgressions.

But as you maintain your own innocence, I'm not sure what to forgive or forget on your behalf.

Clear that up, and consider it done.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Love to.

I do hope you'll forgive and forget my transgressions.

But as you maintain your own innocence, I'm not sure what to forgive or forget on your behalf.

View Quote

garandman,
I ever tell you about the time we were 10,000 feet down and the entire Soviet Navy was there ??
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Lurker,

I have stopped plenty of them, worked LP for 2 years at Foleys. I was just pointing out that unfounded "harassment" goes on all the time, and we pay it no mind. I just let myself get worked up. Appologies for the high level of zeal.

G-man,

Talk about shuttin it down and switchin gears. It is cool though, nothing like a little spirited debate to make a new friend. As for the shootin question, I get between 1.5" to 3" depending on the exact round. I had to rework my grip a little with the USP, I was low ans left about 2" until I fixed myself. Shoots about as well as I can now. No hard feelings?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

garandman,
I ever tell you about the time we were 10,000 feet down and the entire Soviet Navy was there ??
View Quote

No, but I am sure this will be interesting.

Did you see the Thresher too?
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Post from garandman -

View Quote

If there's anything that Al and Tipper have taught us over the years it's that love means never having to say you're sorry.

My corollary to Erich Segal's novel is that love means never having to explain [b]why[/b] you're sorry.

It works with Miz Hun, surely it works with all of life's situations?

Eric The(Sorrowful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
[garandman,
View Quote

Was this before or after they became our supposed "allies?"

My reply to Eric was based on a Christian principle he can give you the details of - that forgiveness is ONLY possible after SPECIFIC confession. Otherwise, I might "leave the hatchet handle unburied" and I would NOT be bound by my word to TRULY forgive and forget anothers transgressions.

NOT trying to hold his feet to the fire, just to make it real. And to bind myself by my word to both forgive AND forget. Specifically.

Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[garandman,
View Quote

Was this before or after they became our supposed "allies?"

View Quote

G. Man, this was before they were our bud's !
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[garandman,
View Quote

I might "leave the hatchet handle unburied" and bind myself by my word to both forgive AND forget. Specifically.

View Quote

G.Man,
I also worked some with codes.

Was the above what you were trying to say ??

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

G-man,

Talk about shuttin it down and switchin gears. It is cool though, nothing like a little spirited debate to make a new friend. As for the shootin question, I get between 1.5" to 3" depending on the exact round. I had to rework my grip a little with the USP, I was low ans left about 2" until I fixed myself. Shoots about as well as I can now. No hard feelings?
View Quote

None at all.

One thing that 5K posts has taught me (tho the lesson is one I repeatedly learn) is that we can fight like siblings round here, but bottom line is were all brothers against a common enemy.

Is it OK if I hate you for your sub-3 groups??? Even resting on a bench, I'm almost 8" at 25 yards.

Do you know if the USPC40 doesn't like the 180's????

ETH -

Do what you want. I can't see it as worthwhile as to my holding a grudge over.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Pit viper,

We were just fixin' to play all nice, and here comes a stirring. No flame, but I am out of her on that note.

G-man,

If you don't mind I will shoot ya a 3" e-mail.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

garandman,
View Quote

No, but I am sure this will be interesting.

Did you see the Thresher too?
View Quote

Well, we went deep and ran like hell !

(I attended the memorial service for the Thresher and her crew.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#39]
For your consideration:
[url]www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg030602.shtml[/url]

Not directly on point, but it addresses some of the ideas at work here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pit viper,

We were just fixin' to play all nice, and here comes a stirring. No flame, but I am out of her on that note.

G-man,

If you don't mind I will shoot ya a 3" e-mail.
View Quote

Notice I read back and deleted the post.
Thanks for your concern.
Pit
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Pit Viper,

All is well.

Jarhead,

Thank you for that, pretty much says it all huh??
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Jarhead,

Thank you for that, pretty much says it all huh??
View Quote

I think so.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top