Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
However many she wants.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
zilch!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I have five, and would love to have more, if there weren't monatary constaints.  As it stands right now we're done, she made certain of that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
We're going to make a platoon.

Get why I built all those damn rifles now?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Two a year apart (might as well get all the bad parts done at the same time). I'd want a boy and a girl.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
However many she wants.

Blechhh!
I not only find her unattractive, I think she is butt ugly. Serious. Yuch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Right now as a college kid ZERO
Though that may change later in life. I think that I would rather adopt a few kids and attempt to give them a life that they never could have dreamed of.
James
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
However many she wants.

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/963911/angelinajolie.jpg

Blechhh!
I not only find her unattractive, I think she is butt ugly. Serious. Yuch.

Not only that, but I hear she is like fucking a couch

ETA: I want as many as I can afford, emotionally and financially
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Not a single one....

My wife's little sister is living with us. I got to see how she behaved from 6-19. No. Fucking. Thank. You.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I had four.

Could have had less, could of had more.

When all is said and done you don't question it.

You just make sure they survive it.

I raised my kids to cover some serious ass.

They will step up to cover our mistakes.

GM
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#11]
If I decide to have some, I'll probably want two, but no more than that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#12]
We have 5.

Half a dozen is one too many.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#13]
None, because I don't want a little me running around.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Zero
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you had no financial concerns and you are able, how many children would you have?

Three.  Currently we have twop and will probably stick with two since we don't want to move to a bigger house.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I would like many but would feel blessed with one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#17]

My husband had eight kids from two previous marriages....I choose to help him raise the four that lived with us....we do not have any between us....our eighth grandchild is due to arrive next month.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#19]
9 to 12

currently have three with another on the way.  The final number will depend on when my wifes child bearing age is up.  I was 1 of 4, she was 1 of 9.  We live cheap, and will continue to do so.  Finances are not really a problem.  Once they start getting a little older they will start to earn their keep.  The eldest is 5, so she is some help, but not a whole lot yet.  My wife stays home with them, so no 2 income family here.  I usually work around 80+ hours a week though.  The five year old made whole wheat bread yesterday, grinding the wheat, mixing the dough (with supervision) greased the pans, formed the loves, and baked the bread(with stove supervision).  Now if we allowed our children to act as most children in America are permitted to act, One would be more than enough.  See the screaming child thead for examples.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I can't belive how many of you said none!!!!!

I'm turning 20 next month and can't wait to met a normal chick so i can get married and  start having some kids!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]
We have the means, and don't want any.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Me, NONE.  

Sort of disturbing that no one wants kids, including myself.  Can we get some reasons?

Mine would be that I don't want to put a kid through life in this messed up country, where everything I would try to teach would be immediately counteracted as soon as the kid goes to school.

Don't get me wrong, kids are great.  As long as their someone elses, and I can fill them with candy before handing them back to their parents.

As for myself, I had a shitty childhood, one that included serious psychological abuse from my father, neglect from Mom, way below average self esteem due to harassment/beatings from my fellows at school. I just don't like people that much because I've suffered alot. I don't like myself all that much at times either. Call me whacked in the head, maybe.

As for the wife, she also doesn't like people that much, which is strange since she has a job dealing with the public (pharmacist).

There's also some pretty serious genetic diseases in both sides of our families, and there is a fairly high chance we'd produce kids with numerous problems. Now if it were possible to "genetically engineer" out the defects, that'd eliminate this particular reason not to have kids.

We're both pretty selfish, and neither of us wants to deal with the hassles of kids. We have money to spend, time to do with as we please, and time to pay attention to each other. I see no reason to screw that up. It's not as if a) there's a shortage of people, and b) unlikely that the kids would take care of us in our old age anyways...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I had four.

Could have had less, could of had more.

When all is said and done you don't question it.

You just make sure they survive it.

I raised my kids to cover some serious ass.

They will step up to cover our mistakes.

GM

Good man.

I am shocked by how many don't want any. An example of the selfishness which pervades society?

And I don't mean that to disparage anyone here. Truly. If you don't want kids, don't have any. Certainly it is your business and no one else's.

I am concerned though by our current birthing trends and absolutely the wrong people are having kids many times. Very scary for our future. Very scary.

If I had been independently wealthy, I'd still have little ones running around. I am very happy with my current life but you just couldn't beat coming home and getting mugged by screaming kids trying to drag you down on the floor with them.  Ahhh, the good old days!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I have no financial concerns, other than I can't spend money fast enough.  Kids would truly fuck that up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

As for myself, I had a shitty childhood, one that included serious psychological abuse from my father, neglect from Mom, way below average self esteem due to harassment/beatings from my fellows at school. I just don't like people that much because I've suffered alot. I don't like myself all that much at times either. Call me whacked in the head, maybe.

Wow, that is too bad.  There is a LOT of emotional illness out there. A LOT.
Find a good psychologist, it might be well worth it.

As for the wife, she also doesn't like people that much, which is strange since she has a job dealing with the public (pharmacist).

Maybe that's why.
I can tell you that dealing with the people she does, is not at all what most people think. Terminally needy bloodsuckers and demanding obnoxious assholes with psych problems. Then there are the drug seekers, oh they are fun...

"People" and your own kids are two very different things though.

There's also some pretty serious genetic diseases in both sides of our families, and there is a fairly high chance we'd produce kids with numerous problems. Now if it were possible to "genetically engineer" out the defects, that'd eliminate this particular reason not to have kids.

Genetic counseling might clear up all kinds of misconceptions though you may be right about your concerns also.

We're both pretty selfish, and neither of us wants to deal with the hassles of kids. We have money to spend, time to do with as we please, and time to pay attention to each other. I see no reason to screw that up. It's not as if a) there's a shortage of people, and b) unlikely that the kids would take care of us in our old age anyways...

Pretty negative, dude.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#27]
NONE, ZILCH, NADA, ZERO!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I have one and will probably have one more. I love kids but for us I think two will be enough. My brother has four and I don't know how he does it.
With all the sacrifices you make for your children, it is still so much better with them around. My .02
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#29]
I have 2.
Two is enough.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top