Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
1) A fetus has all of the precursors to be a living being except the ability to reproduce, which is achieved in the early teen years.

2) A viable fetus qualifies as a homo sapien AKA Human Being.

3) A Handicapped child is a Human being too.

4) The Declaration of Independence includes a right to life.

5) When the Father's Sperm Fertilizes the Mother's Egg, a zygote with it's own unique DNA is created

6) You can educate yourself (To: MM) by visiting sites such as: [url]http://sdb.bio.purdue.edu/Other/VL_DB.html[/url]. I have not reviewed the links...so, I don't know how in depth it goes.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Two interesting things to reflect upon:
1) A woman can be charged with involuntary manslaughter(I believe this is the charge) is she has a car accident and a baby she is carrying dies, but she can kill it on purpose, and it is quite legal.
for me, but it doesn't seem to translate)
View Quote

I had a friend who had gotten in a car accident with pregnant woman. It was his fault but the baby died and he was charged with the baby death. The kicker is she was going to have it aborted in about a week any way but he still had to do the time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, people who think killing children is okay annoy me.  People who think it's a great thing and more people should do it [b]disgust[/b] me.

Let me tell you a little story about my best friend's middle child.  She was born in January of 2000, almost four months premature.  The doctors didn't think she had a chance in hell of making it, but being ethical physicians, they tried anyway.  They put her in neo-natal intensive care (my friend STILL does not have the medical bills for that one sorted out) and slowly watched her die.  

She exhibited symptons akin to severe frostbite as her body stopped sending blood to her extremities.  Her arms and legs began to bloat from the infection, marks she bears to this day.  Her internal organs began to slowly shutdown.  

They pumped so much blood and medication through her, it's unbelievable.  After trying everything they could, the doctors shook their heads and told my friend that there was nothing more they could do--only a miracle could save her.

I don't believe in god.  I don't believe in miracles.  Call it what you want (I prefer to think of it as the desire, the NEED to live that drove her on) the miracle happened.  She turned the corner.

She lost half of one of her hands.  The fingers on the other hand are deformed.  Even plastic surgery will not help.  She lost part of both feet, and most of her toes.  She has scars on her head where the tubes went in.  She had a host of problems when she went home--to the point where my friend missed quite a bit of work, to rush her to the doctor.  He missed more work to regularly bring her to the Shriners hospital (several hundred miles away.)

But she lived.  She's already adapted to almost all of her disabilities.  She's HAPPY to be alive--I don't recall every meeting such a joyful toddler.

To all of you who say it would have been better for them to let her go when she came out four months early, or because she does not fit your definition of a "perfect" healthy baby, I say this:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident.  That all men are created equal, and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

To those of you who still don't "get it," I say this:

Go fuck yourselves.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[b]Belloc, do you know how damn stupid you look when you alter items quoted to modify what you or I have said after the fact?  Go ahead - it only helps prove my point!!!!![/b]

Well lets just start from the beginning than.

Posted by Belloc
[b]In other words, he, like his liberal gun grabbing cohorts, support the brutal torturous savagery that is partial birth abortion.[/b]

Posted by MM
[b]yes[/b]

posted by Belloc
[b]In other words, just like the Nazi party, MM believes deformed children are "life unworthy of life."[/b]

paraphrased reply by MM
[b]Yes, in killing deformed children Hitler was right[/b]  

actual reply by MM
[b]Yes again!
Hitler WAS wrong on many things but not ALL things![/b]

i.e. Hitler was right to murder handicapped children.

Posted by Belloc [paraphrased]
[b]So MM you believe the Supreme Court decided correctly in saying it was right to own other human beings?[/b]

[actual quote] [b]In other words when the Supreme Court gave it's stamp of approval on slavery, or when the courts in Nazi Germany OK genocide, MM would "respect" those decisions also.
reply by MM"
[b]IMHO the court WAS right with that decision[/b]

Then we have this little gem.
posted by MM
[b]Yes, some of the tactics of lawless negroes were and are unacceptable.. I suspect had we shot a few more of them, YOU would never been born![/b]

Posted by LWilde
[b]Are you aware of the sentient nature of the baby and how soon after conception that baby does begin sensing things around it? These are discussed in great detail earlier...just wondered if you buy into that?[/b]

reply by MM
[b]It is of no import to me in this discussion.[/b]

response by Belloc
[b]In other words and by his own admission, it is not "import" to MM that the unborn child feels pain and suffering when being aborted. But what the heck, all you have to do is torture to death a few unborn children here, murder some handicapped children there and while you're at it shoot a few uppity "negroes" to boot and you have MM.[/b]

So now all can read the 2 paraphrases side by side with MM's actual jackass Nazi "Hitler was right" stupidiy.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top