[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Says the guy with no membership
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL.
If you make 6 figures a year and can't find anything better to do with your time than average 13+ posts per day then you are extremely bankrupt in many ways that 5 figure people are more wealthy than you will ever be.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey OP if your going to post like a big boy then you have 24 hours to post a pic of your W2 from 2014 and your most recent pay stub. If not then we will take that as proof you work at Sonic and live in your mom's basement. ****you must write today's date on, or next to, the W2/recent pay stub.
View Quote

Top 20% probably don't get W2 forms
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Why are those grizzly bears dancing with a giant beetle?

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Says the guy with no membership
View Quote

Shows he doesn't blow money on frivolous things.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LoL, copy pasta, Op why you didn't ask Santa for a membership?
View Quote

Now's my chance to make shitty threads without people associating them to my avatar
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
... mostly agree
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Having a six figure income is not all there is to life.

Family and friends are way more important.

It's nice but just a number. Plus, mo' money mo' problems.

Looking at adding my Jesus Piece to my insurance, probably going to up my premiums
View Quote

Fucking big time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Work smarter, not harder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh. replace 6 figures with less than 50k, and i completely agree.  show up on time and take some initiative from day one, and you're better than 3/4 of your competition in the physical labor market. once you start to hit the top pay grade of that company's typical worker, it's time to look for a new job. living in poverty is 100% a choice for a healthy, able bodied adult.
Work smarter, not harder.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
someone had a bad day......P.S Money isn't everything;
View Quote

Yea?  Wait till you can't earn any more.

Joe average can not save or invest enough.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Now's my chance to make shitty threads without people associating them to my avatar
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL, your avatar was recognizable
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They are here for the gang bang too.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Looking at adding my Jesus Piece to my insurance, probably going to up my premiums
View Quote

Having lived very poor, lower, middle and upper middle class AND "comfortably well off" or "wealthy" I can honestly say that *everyone* I've ever met who has used this phrase never actually had any significant amount of money to test the theory.

I *hate* hearing that bull shit.

Money SOLVES problems, it doesn't create them, as a general rule.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is literally the easiest society that has ever existed on the history of this Earth to make money in...couple that with the technology era it's literally a joke if you don't land a 6 figure annual salary by the time you are 30.

Don't complain if you suck ass at this shit l-o-l.

I'll give a pass to ghetto fags since they love to complain when these threads pop up and throw around the adjective "ENTUTUSHIONALISZED" in every other sentence of their walls of texts.

it was your choice to smoke weed in HS/college, and therefore become a lazy chit
it was your choice to abuse alcohol/drugs
it was your choice to knock up susie-ann/la'quisha
it was your choice to not take your studies seriously
it was your choice to not seek alternatives to college if you weren't a white collar worker
it was your choice to major in some easy shit in college (non-STEM or non-professional)
it was your choice to play excessive video games, etc, instead of building something for yourself

LOL @ the occupy movement, LOL @ liberals, and LOL @ complaining phaggots.

You reap what you sow.
View Quote

Well, I wouldn't use the word "fault" in that it implies someone has failed at a moral obligation to earn that much money. You are obligated to produce enough to support yourself but you can support yourself on far less than that.

And plenty of people simply lack the smarts to be research scientists, doctors, or engineers. That's not any fault in them anymore than my lack of ability to compete in the NBA is a failure on my part.

That being said, I do get annoyed by someone who dropped out of high school to smoke dope, who knocked up some chick and is stuck with child support, and who never even tried to develop any real marketable skills when they whine about a living wage. Because, any able bodied person with a normally functional brain can manage to support themselves if they honestly work at it and make good lifestyle choices.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:33:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Dude.  Copypasta or not, renew your membership before you act like you're well and off.

The tinder skanks will appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm the sole wage-earner in my family of four, and we're in the top 10-15% of families based on annual income.

OP is wrong. I got where I am because I chose a field (programming) that pays well, and I'm damn good at it. MOST people - as in, >50% - don't have the aptitude for what I do. Of those that do, many choose a field or path that doesn't result in compensation at that level.

If you're not making six figures by 30, so fucking what? $100k isn't reasonable to expect if you're a teacher, or a horticulturist, or a retail manager. Can it be done? Sure! Is there something wrong with you if you don't? Nope.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#22]
lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not 30 yet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey OP if your going to post like a big boy then you have 24 hours to post a pic of your W2 from 2014 and your most recent pay stub. If not then we will take that as proof you work at Sonic and live in your mom's basement. ****you must write today's date on, or next to, the W2/recent pay stub.

I'm not 30 yet

I'm 37 and have W2's and pay stubs from before I was 30 so I don't know what your getting at.........but I knew you wouldn't back up your claim. It's funny how the people who always feel the need to act like they have money are the ones who don't.
And please, no pickles means no pickles.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm the sole wage-earner in my family of four, and we're in the top 10-15% of families based on annual income.

OP is wrong. I got where I am because I chose a field (programming) that pays well, and I'm damn good at it. MOST people - as in, >50% - don't have the aptitude for what I do. Of those that do, many choose a field or path that doesn't result in compensation at that level.

If you're not making six figures by 30, so fucking what? $100k isn't reasonable to expect if you're a teacher, or a horticulturist, or a retail manager. Can it be done? Sure! Is there something wrong with you if you don't? Nope.
View Quote

This.

I am making $50k+ as a executive chef and like what I do. I also save money every month into a retirement account and don't buy things I don't need(new cell phones, the newest TV, a new car every 5 years, etc).

I have met many well off people who make $100k+ that live paycheck to paycheck because they cannot manage money.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CPA never believes me when I tell him that!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We have ghetto fags on this board?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll give a pass to ghetto fags since they love to complain when these threads pop up and throw around the adjective "ENTUTUSHIONALISZED" in every other sentence of their walls of texts.

We have ghetto fags on this board?

Thinks highly of GD or imagines this is linked to Drudge.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Having lived very poor, lower, middle and upper middle class AND "comfortably well off" or "wealthy" I can honestly say that *everyone* I've ever met who has used this phrase never actually had any significant amount of money to test the theory.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know everybody says
Money can’t buy happiness

But it could buy me a boat, it could buy me a truck to pull it
It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets
Yeah, and I know what they say
Money can’t buy everything
Well, maybe so,
But it could buy me a boat

Or, as someone else said, "Money can't by happiness but it can make misery easier to live with."

There are a lot of problems money can't fix, but there are a whole lot more that money solves instantly. In fact, it solves them so well that the people with money often don't realize that there ever was a problem to begin with.

Maybe your father just had a heart attack in another state and you need to rush to his bedside to be with him in his hour of need... That is a real problem and money won't cure it. But if you don't have a car, bus fare, or money for a plane ticket, then it's an even bigger problem. Or if one of the worn out tires on your car blows out halfway there and you don't have money for a replacement, or a hotel room. People with money would have had a good car with good tires and money for a plane ticket if need be so they wouldn't even realize that the problem of traveling to another state even existed in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is literally the easiest society that has ever existed on the history of this Earth to make money in...couple that with the technology era it's literally a joke if you don't land a 6 figure annual salary by the time you are 30.

it was your choice to smoke weed in HS/college, and therefore become a lazy chit
it was your choice to not seek alternatives to college if you weren't a white collar worker
it was your choice to major in some easy shit in college (non-STEM or non-professional)
it was your choice to play excessive video games, etc, instead of building something for yourself

You reap what you sow.
View Quote

so, you want to play?  

oh, wait, i thought you said "top 2%", not "top 20%".

then never mind.

ar-jedi  
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have the chance to make 6 figures every year, I choose not to because then I would have to work a lot and never be home.
View Quote

Bingo

Car and Driver does a back page interview, usually folks like penske and roush, etc
  They all say their only regret is working too much and never seeing their kids

I personally have 2 friends, one now passed due to Parkinsons at an early age, both CEOs at one time of fortune 500 companies, both complained they were never their for their kids because they always traveled for work.   The one guy tried to make up for it by buying most everything in our state for his grandkids, example fleets of porsches, and he passed on, leaving the cars in the garage, never made up the time with his kids

Work and money isn't everything.....I put my son to bed each night, no money will make me pass that up

Nice post OP.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe your father just had a heart attack in another state and you need to rush to his bedside to be with him in his hour of need... That is a real problem and money won't cure it. But if you don't have a car, bus fare, or money for a plane ticket, then it's an even bigger problem. Or if one of the worn out tires on your car blows out halfway there and you don't have money for a replacement, or a hotel room. People with money would have had a good car with good tires and money for a plane ticket if need be so they wouldn't even realize that the problem of traveling to another state even existed in the first place.
View Quote

lol.  

my brother-in-law is a pilot for a well-known fractional ownership jet company.  
he just picked up a dog in Delaware and flew it to Vail Colorado to meet up with family.
i assure you that a Cessna Citation X haul across 2/3rds of the country ain't cheap.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Supposedly a study found relatively recently that the satisfaction in one's income peaks at about $70,000 a year. Make a lot more than that, and your average "happiness" decreases (generally). I can't remember the source, just the amount.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have met many well off people who make $100k+ that live paycheck to paycheck because they cannot manage money.
View Quote

That would be me, kinda.  Got a little credit card debt, couple thousand cash, and ~95k in the 401k and other investments.  For some damn reason I cannot keep cash around, it's like I'm allergic to it.

I'm admittedly bad with loose money so I structure It the best I can to have any savings.  Car and toys are all paid for, but those damn credit cards suck.

Granted I'm only 29, I got time to sort things but I need to pick up the pace.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#33]
That's great Slick but nobody take's the full measure of a man by what he makes. I suspect you will learn that life lesson the hard way.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I could work harder and be in the top 20%.

If I wasn't so tired from having to drag my enormous cock around all day.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have the chance to make 6 figures every year, I choose not to because then I would have to work a lot and never be home.
View Quote

If I wanted to work 7 days a week and lots of hours. But money isn't all there is in life.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does if you're spending exorbitant amounts of money on diamond studded effigies of our Lord.

Insurance premiums are a bitch.

But you're mostly right. Things are much easier than when I grew up.

Exemptions:
My son won't have access to the financial aid I did. Free money for being from a low income family made it so I only had to work one full time job in college.

The aforementioned homeowners insurance premiums

Shit. I'm running out of ideas

Uhm...
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#37]
OP, post wife pics and depending on the pictures, I will give you some advice.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bingo

Car and Driver does a back page interview, usually folks like penske and roush, etc

I personally have 2 friends, one now passed due to Parkinsons at an early age, both CEOs at one time of fortune 500 companies, both complained they were never their for their kids because they always traveled for work.   The one guy tried to make up for it by buying most everything in our state for his grandkids, example fleets of porsches, and he passed on, leaving the cars in the garage, never made up the time with his kids

Work and money isn't everything.....I put my son to bed each night, no money will make me pass that up

Nice post OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Nice post OP.

You're presenting a false dichotomy.

Making big money doesn't mean you *must also* neglect your family.

"Cat's in the cradle" was just a song.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#39]
When are you reupping?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Supposedly a study found relatively recently that the satisfaction in one's income peaks at about $70,000 a year. Make a lot more than that, and your average "happiness" decreases (generally). I can't remember the source, just the amount.
View Quote

Nope. Much higher happier than when I made 70K

It's all in the job you pick.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's all in the job you pick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have to call bullshit on part of this.

If you are focused only on getting over 100k a year, then yes, you should be able to do that.   Even paying your dues in a grunt work job for a decade with some overtime tossed in can manage that.  If you are actually focused on following a specific career you love, then your salary is likely going to lag behind that.

I would not take the raise needed to bump me over into 6-figures if it meant I could no longer walk around in sandals and drink whiskey in the office at 10 AM while doing work that I enjoy.  

But you are right in that yes, you don't need to make all that much to be in the top 20%.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've got 6 figures now...it's not all it's cracked up to be if that's your measuring stick of success.  Hell, I made more money this year than I ever have and I'm thinking of finding something else again because I just don't enjoy what I do and it makes me a miserable human being.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You reap what you sow.

I've got 6 figures now...it's not all it's cracked up to be if that's your measuring stick of success.  Hell, I made more money this year than I ever have and I'm thinking of finding something else again because I just don't enjoy what I do and it makes me a miserable human being.

I never hit the six figure mark, but was over 3/4 of the way there.  While it was a clean, white collar, air conditioned job with an impressive title, it was by far the shittiest, soul crushing, dehumanizing experience of my life.  I worked it until the day I became fully vested in my 401K with that company and submitted my resignation.

I had always believed that that type of job was the very definition of success, however I've never felt like such a huge failure in my entire life.  I was never happy, I could not be a good father to my kids, nor a good husband to my wife.  Absolutely nothing brought joy the entire time I was there.  

Money is not everything, without a satisfied mind, it is almost nothing.  For those whose only measure of success is the size of their paycheck, most will find happiness elusive.  That is not to say there is anything wrong with making big money.  If you are content with how you earn it, than you have certainly got it made.

It has been my experience that once my household income exceeded $65,000 per year (that is two incomes) my overall quality of life started diminishing exponentially.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If you are focused only on getting over 100k a year, then yes, you should be able to do that.   Even paying your dues in a grunt work job for a decade with some overtime tossed in can manage that.  If you are actually focused on following a specific career you love, then your salary is likely going to lag behind that.

I would not take the raise needed to bump me over into 6-figures if it meant I could no longer walk around in sandals and drink whiskey in the office at 10 AM while doing work that I enjoy.  

But you are right in that yes, you don't need to make all that much to be in the top 20%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hiring? I wanna work where you work.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It has been my experience that once my household income exceeded $65,000 per year (that is two incomes) my overall quality of life started diminishing exponentially.
View Quote

What were you doing?  I hired on at 65k and was having a hayday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I do a job I love in a field I've loved since I was a kid. The fact they pay me is just gravy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am so disaapoint, OP.  Your epic Tinder thread was epic.  Now you post this.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#48]
It was also your choice to accrue 16000+ posts and not maintain a paying membership.

Enjoy your money, hector.

I'll enjoy my $124,000 house and $35,000 salary.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When are you reupping?
View Quote

When I finish paying off all my Christmas credit card purchases
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Two sad clowns dancing around a beetle...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top