Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Well he didn't make "marksman" but he did achieve the level of 'sharpshooter'.

Rifle:
6.5x52mm Mannlicher-Carcano M91/38 bolt-action rifle
Serial number C2766
Western Cartridge 160 grain ammunition
Side-mounted Ordinance Optics 4 x 18 scope

The one real virtue of the M-91 is that it was a fast to operate. Perhaps this was partly because the action was not real tight, and partly due to the Mannlicher design. But for whatever reason, the bolt slid very easily and very fast in its recess.  Practically anyone, with a minimum of practice, could shoot a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle quickly.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

en.wikipedia.org/upload/9/9f/Lho-133A.jpg

Rifle:
Serial number C2766

The one real virtue of the M-91 is that it was a fast to operate. Perhaps this was partly because the action was not real tight, and partly due to the Mannlicher design. But for whatever reason, the bolt slid very easily and very fast in its recess.  Practically anyone, with a minimum of practice, could shoot a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle quickly.

Isn't that the photo that was faked, the shadows don't line up or somthing?

Oswalds head was grafted on a different body?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#8]
This photo was scrutinized by many...

The House Select Committee on Assassinations in the 1970s concluded that the photo was real, although some still refuse to accept this verdict.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I've done some shooting in my time...even the el cheapo Century Arms SAR1 at a distance of 150 yards I can hit my target using the iron sites, over and over again.   So to say that a M91 with a scope, bolt-action,  in the hands of a trained shooter, the probability that he hit his target himself is quite good.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Supposedly it is more commonly accepted that his chin/head are rebounding from the force of the chin striking the chest and then snapping backwards.  The bullet and it's vortex will pull the brain matter out of the wound, it's not an equally and opposite physics theorem, it's an elasticity problem where the neck is still connected and pliable the neck snaps forward with such force that it also elastically snaps back after the force is exerted on the chin to the sternum.

YMMV.......
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

en.wikipedia.org/upload/9/9f/Lho-133A.jpg

Rifle:
Serial number C2766

I don't know whether the photo is real or not... Oswald adamantly denied it.  One thing for sure, that rifle he is holding is not the rifle recovered later from the shooting.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think the most irrefutable and compelling evidence is that ALL the doctors at Parkland Memorial Hospital where Kennedy was taken immediately after the shooting - they ALL noted the neck wound as an enterance wound.  If it were an exit wound, wouldn't it stand to reason that it would have been rather obvious?  What did "they" do to conceal the evidence of this enterance wound?  A tracheaotomy(sp?).  Way to go guys.  Do a tracheotomy(sp?) on a dead person with a fatal head wound and 1/4 his brain missing.  Brilliant.  I know it's probably "routine" to do, but by doing it, evidence was destroyed.  Very convenient.  Thus no one could inspect it, as no pictures were taken of the throat wound before the tracheatomy (sp?) was done.  All the Warren Commission had to do was state that all the doctors at Parkland were simply mistaken.  Heh.

I don't doubt that Oswald was certainly involved in some way, and possibly even fired at the President that day, but there was definitely at least one other person firing at the President that day, and thus, a conspiracy.

I love how all the people who believe Oswald acted alone refute all eyewitness evidence that disputes that claim to simply be "mistaken".  Ya, how convenient!  Just like all the people who were "mistaken" about what they saw when TWA 800 went down.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top