BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How many of the Pds run the county jail and serve civil papers?
Gr
View Quote

All valid questions, and all jobs done by different divisions. The article DID mention shortages in both road and corrections divisions
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And while Mr. Inquisitive is causing a paradigm shift in societal norms to realign the criminal justice dynamic HCSD still needs 200 officers......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're too kind. No, really. I usually shoot for $10 words.

So how many more cops do you think need to be hired to "Fix" everyone?

How many prisons n the d to be built to house everyone, eventually including yourself, to separate them from you or you from them?

How many more politicians to prop themselves up as saviors of those defunct by their own devices?

Simply asking more questions doesn't make one inquisitive. Are you going somewhere with this, or just throwing rhetoric about?

And while Mr. Inquisitive is causing a paradigm shift in societal norms to realign the criminal justice dynamic HCSD still needs 200 officers......

"Need" is such a subjective word, is it not?

Some will say you don't "Need" your 30rnd mags. You may disagree with them & say you do. You May or May not each be right, but the interjection of "Need" is situationally systemic.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where have I complained? I certainly never intended to do so.

I have simply offered observations based on reality. A reality that hinges on insanity: Doing the same things over & over while expecting a different outcome is insanity, or so theorized Einstein.

Complaining doesn't help.

I am simply pointing out the inherent insanity in which society is engaging.
View Quote

Bad people need to be locked up in the interest of general public safety.
You're complaining about that happening but don't offer solutions.
Find another thread to complain in if you're still waiting for your morning cup of coffee to kick in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
What is ATI?   Is the need for 200 deputies because of mass retirement, bad leadership or an increase in population?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What is ATI? why use serendipitous? loaded terms like proper recourse, dynamically rejected   at ARFCOM?
View Quote

ATI is Alternatives to Incarceration.
Day Reporting
Probation
Drug Court
Rehabs
etc

The current trend in punishment is that almost all criminal activity is caused by addiction rather than criminal intent. So the huggers want jails downsized and more money spent addressing peoples  drug problems. They see the drug thing as the root of the problem rather than another sign that the crook simply has no moral compass and sees you the victim as their next meal ticket. That thinking isn't due to a drug problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#6]
A lot of SOs make their deputies work the jail first.

After X number of years, you get to transfer to the road when openings come available.

After 4 years with my first PD, I interviewed with the local SO.

Even with 4 years road experience, I was told I would still have to work the jail for 4 to 7 years.

That was a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You have to come to it yourself, I can't make you understand. All I can do is offer alternate thoughts that challenge the fore mentioned paradigm.

The deeper the hole you dig, the harder it is to get yourself out; societally speaking,

History has proven: Make laws, make transgressions, & transgressors, of the law.

The origin of resolution is in the understanding & application of wisdom that no one can be sanctified by laws conjured & appropriated by man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That being said, how was the peace maintained prior to this unending cycle of incarceration & increasingly inflating system that perpetrates its own growth?

For starters, you're talking about a colonial society with low population density
Most people lived and died within a 20 mile radius.
There simply weren't the opportunities to engage in habitual criminal activities and if someone did, the locals took care of their own problems
The Puritans, for instance, strongly enforced a societal model where you were expected to live around the green so the rest of the population could watch over you and keep you on the moral and legal straight and narrow path. Societal shaming through a variety of means too many to sit here and list
If you want to go outside of American culture they used to lock you up for a whole lot less than what we do now. Ever hear of debtors prison?
When's the last time you saw anyone in the US locked up because you were from outside the local town and you had no cash in your pocket. That wasn't unusual 80 years ago

You still aren't offering any suggestions, you're pointing at the past and claiming things were done differently.
To a certain extent they were, because society faced a different set of issues and they had different resources.

But lets stay in the here and now. if you aren't happy locking up criminals, what is your solution.

You have to come to it yourself, I can't make you understand. All I can do is offer alternate thoughts that challenge the fore mentioned paradigm.

The deeper the hole you dig, the harder it is to get yourself out; societally speaking,

History has proven: Make laws, make transgressions, & transgressors, of the law.

The origin of resolution is in the understanding & application of wisdom that no one can be sanctified by laws conjured & appropriated by man.

and Drink!

I was waiting for the missing word that I knew you simply had to use in your bloviating.  (paradigm)

thank you for not letting me down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#8]
you can step on alligator gar all the way across hillsborough river.

I feel sorry for uniform and vest wearers in that whole region.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Find another thread to complain in if you're still waiting for your morning cup of coffee to kick in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have simply offered observations based on reality. A reality that hinges on insanity: Doing the same things over & over while expecting a different outcome is insanity, or so theorized Einstein.

I asked were I complained but you haven't answered my question... Don't bother, it doesn't effect me.

So sorry that I am questioning the Status Quo. Wouldn't want to have people doing that now invoking people to "Think" about the system on its face value & current reality.

I found the topic interesting in terms of the "Need" for even more Staffing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I asked were I complained but you haven't answered my question... Don't bother, it doesn't effect me.

So sorry that I am questioning the Status Quo. Wouldn't want to have people doing that now invoking people to "Think" about the system on its face value & current reality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crime is down.  Seems to be working.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spelling, grammar and syntax will address ATI far more than big words alone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

and Drink!

I was waiting for the missing word that I knew you simply had to use in your bloviating.  (paradigm)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That being said, how was the peace maintained prior to this unending cycle of incarceration & increasingly inflating system that perpetrates its own growth?

For starters, you're talking about a colonial society with low population density
There simply weren't the opportunities to engage in habitual criminal activities and if someone did, the locals took care of their own problems
The Puritans, for instance, strongly enforced a societal model where you were expected to live around the green so the rest of the population could watch over you and keep you on the moral and legal straight and narrow path. Societal shaming through a variety of means too many to sit here and list
If you want to go outside of American culture they used to lock you up for a whole lot less than what we do now. Ever hear of debtors prison?
When's the last time you saw anyone in the US locked up because you were from outside the local town and you had no cash in your pocket. That wasn't unusual 80 years ago

You still aren't offering any suggestions, you're pointing at the past and claiming things were done differently.
To a certain extent they were, because society faced a different set of issues and they had different resources.

But lets stay in the here and now. if you aren't happy locking up criminals, what is your solution.

and Drink!

Your welcome.

Emptiness of words or sentiment is often a matter of perspective.

Obviously, you indicate my perspective is aside from your own in this regard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Frankly my only suggestion for decreasing incarceration is step wean able bodied people off of welfare.  It puts pressure on people to work and maintain marital and familial relationships.  Frankly a lot of people would fare better simply having to work a job and rest for same on off hours.  It kInd of keeps me out of trouble.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I see community organizer force the department to lower it's standard and hire trash.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Is their academy in-house stuff or are they talking about state certification?  Excluding pre-certs heretofore probably contributed considerably to their inability to fill slots I suppose.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Who gives a shit . Bottom line is how is this funded? By raising taxes and continually fucking the citizens?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Your welcome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and Drink!

Your welcome.

Well, you are welcome to your liberal fantasy opinion, however fucked up unusual I think it is.  You have all the markers of progressive troll college graduate.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like I said, you're complaining ( "questioning" ) w/out offering any solutions or laternatives
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I can see partially why people aren't lining up for the jobs. The pay is only $44k once you've completed training.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who gives a shit . Bottom line is how is this funded? By raising taxes and continually fucking the citizens?
View Quote

They're called essential services for a reason
Of course the positions are funded by tax dollars
How else would you suggest we fund public sector positions?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Frankly my only suggestion for decreasing incarceration is step wean able bodied people off of welfare.  It puts pressure on people to work and maintain marital and familial relationships.  Frankly a lot of people would fare better simply having to work a job and rest for same on off hours.  It kInd of keeps me out of trouble.
View Quote
Uh. Wont work when you have POTUS, and other libs driving manufactures, job creators  out of business at all levels to create more welfare dependent people.

Blame it on the MORONS who voted for these people. You know. The ones who voted in 2008 and 2012 that now say they did not vote.

Anyone who says they didnt vote are the problem. They voted for Obama and are too ashamed to admit their ignorance in politics or how this country works.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How about this; Fundamentally alter the LEO/Criminal paradigm so as to negate the need for this type of bloated & paradoxically unattainable system of "confinement & rehabilitation".

Just sayin.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Whats your suggestions?
They're doing the ATI stuff heavily here and as far as I am concerned it's the wrong direction to take the criminal justice system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about this; Fundamentally alter the LEO/Criminal paradigm so as to negate the need for this type of bloated & paradoxically unattainable system of "confinement & rehabilitation".

Just sayin.

Whats your suggestions?
They're doing the ATI stuff heavily here and as far as I am concerned it's the wrong direction to take the criminal justice system.

Abolish most of the drug laws. and all of the gun laws, to start.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

You want anarchy?  HCSO is one of the most professional organizations I know.  Granted, I don't have a lot of interaction with them other than reading about them in the paper, but the few times I have been stopped (speeding on my motorcycle and unsecured load in my truck) the deputies were polite and professional.  I was guilty of both infractions, but the deputies simply warned me to slow down / helped me secure the load, and we parted ways.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
People who work for a living are either too busy, or too tired to commit crimes.

The FSA have all day to engage in their antisocial activities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People who work for a living are either too busy, or too tired to commit crimes.

This.  You want to reduce crime?  Quit electing Democrats and then defund the welfare state.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just keep digging: You will eventually be able to get out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I could see moving to FL
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Like I said, you're complaining ( "questioning" ) w/out offering any solutions or laternatives
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when is asking a question or trying to stimulate resolute thinking a complaint?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You aren't offering any suggestions.
You're simply posting verbiage that actually offers no solutions
What would you do with the thieves rapists drug dealers, habitual criminals etc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Incarceration only works on the reformable of mind: let's start there.

Degradation of the peaceful societal fabric can not be solved by further criminalization of criminals: At some point the fault of a serendipitous system of blind Logic will need to be dealt with lest the fabric be torn away completely.

Proper recourse exists outside of our current execution of behavioral modification.

It is excruciatingly obvious, however, dynamically rejected by a large number of constituency.

actually he is.

that was all fancy talk for shooting people dead on the scene.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#31]

I lived in Tampa for many years and while I did not have many interactions with HCSO the ones I did were fine.  I think they are a pretty good outfit and well run.  Now Temple Terrace PD is another issue and I hope they don't hire any guys from them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Those are relatively few of the inmates in local lock up.
You aren't going to see gun or drug laws go away
Next suggestion

Quoted:

actually he is.

I already addressed that
You aren't going to see a lot more people shot than already are.
Something needs to be done with the people who are caught
He doesn't want to lock them up
ATI doesn't work in my opinion.
So what other options are there
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
After this training is completed the recruit is sworn in and their salary increases to $44,881.20 per year as a certified law enforcement deputy."

View Quote

Aaaaaaand....I'm out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Aaaaaaand....I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

After this training is completed the recruit is sworn in and their salary increases to $44,881.20 per year as a certified law enforcement deputy."

Aaaaaaand....I'm out.

It's pretty cheap to live down here.  Lap dances start at $20.00.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.  You want to reduce crime?  Quit electing Democrats and then defund the welfare state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you do understand what I have been eluding to, by questioning, not complaining, so as to see a systemic issue for what it is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Expansion of the death penalty is not likely in the current political climate
Try harder
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me translate, "just shoot the fuckers."

Cuts down on recidivism.

Expansion of the death penalty is not likely in the current political climate
Try harder

He means before someone calls the cops, not after.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Since when is asking a question or trying to stimulate resolute thinking a complaint?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I alluded to the answer when I stated what I noticed anecdotally.

Here is a link saying violent crime rates have gone SUBSTANTIALY down over the last couple to three decades............it appears increased incarceration rates (and I believe relaxing CPL laws) are the main drivers of this trend.

Kinda goes against your solutions...............well the solutions I guess you would propose since you haven't seriously proposed any yet.

Link
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's one of the areas we are looking at after I'm done with the Army. Still got 9 1/2 years to go.
View Quote

Short timer huh?    Kudos to you for being proactive.   Send in your app today.      These things take time.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Aaaaaaand....I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaaaaaand....I'm out.

actually, starting wage for the pre-certified deputies start at $47,349
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaaaaaand....I'm out.

Still out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

See you do understand what I have been eluding to, by questioning, not complaining, so as to see a systemic issue for what it is.
View Quote

Could you allude to whom you've been eluding?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

actually he is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Degradation of the peaceful societal fabric can not be solved by further criminalization of criminals: At some point the fault of a serendipitous system of blind Logic will need to be dealt with lest the fabric be torn away completely.

Proper recourse exists outside of our current execution of behavioral modification.

It is excruciatingly obvious, however, dynamically rejected by a large number of constituency.

actually he is.

Among other things, quite possibly, if the situation (Dynamically, not Statically) necessitates the action.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I can see partially why people aren't lining up for the jobs. The pay is only $44k once you've completed training.  
View Quote

That's not bad for starting pay. I started at 31K in the Atlanta area, with 4 years military experience, a bachelors degree, 90% of an associates completed, and civilian/military UAS instructor certificate.

I've been looking for a change so I'm applying.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't we learn anything from the massive pension obligations which have destroyed cities? Detroit being one of them and NY not being totally honest about our pension liabilities. Within the next decade we will experience a government meltdown. I only wish I could come up with a good solid funding plan instead of having the taxpayer as the sole provider for every fuck up made. The NYS Pension system including the NYPD and the rest of the public workers are in for a big surprise. Read through the Obama Care employer mandates this is just the tip of a tsunami that is on its way.  Good luck to all of us.      
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Oh, look. Somebody's thirteening.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about gtfoxy but I for one would institute a eye for and eye system.

You rape, you are chemically castrated,  you murder, you die, you steal, you repay 10 times the amount you stole or are incarcerated until you (I don't care how as long as it's legal) or someone you know pays the debt back (to the victim) and you pay for your own incarceration until you are released. If you can not afford the incarceration, you work it off at $2.50 an hour.

if you are under 18 your parents are financially responsible for your actions.

There's a lot more but I don't want to waste my time writing it because I know it'll never be implemented.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

actually he is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually he is.

I thought he was saying "Prison Colony".        Afghanistan would be perfect.  

Guess he left it purposely vague, so we could furnish our own interpretation,  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Didn't we learn anything from the massive pension obligations which have destroyed cities? Detroit being one of them and NY not being totally honest about our pension liabilities. Within the next decade we will experience a government meltdown. I only wish I could come up with a good solid funding plan instead of having the taxpayer as the sole provider for every fuck up made. The NYS Pension system including the NYPD and the rest of the public workers are in for a big surprise. Read through the Obama Care employer mandates this is just the tip of a tsunami that is on its way.  Good luck to all of us.      
View Quote

The only reasons cities have had problems with pensions is that they declared pension holidays for their portion and fell behind
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Idle hands are the Devil's playthings."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top