User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Norman lighten up...you'll live longer.
View Quote

Is this some kind of dumbass threat, or are you trying to pass on some perceived wisdom?
Either way, if you take anything I type on here seriously, you've got more than issues, you've got a whole damn subscription. If it offends you, you truly need to take a break and re-asses your role in reality.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this some kind of dumbass threat, or are you trying to pass on some perceived wisdom?
Either way, if you take anything I type on here seriously, you've got more than issues, you've got a whole damn subscription. If it offends you, you truly need to take a break and re-asses your role in reality.
View Quote

I believe that he meant to say that you [u]won't[/u] live longer; it will just [b]seem[/b] like it.  [;D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Leave norman alone, hes really trying hard to live up to the whole "Im a total badass and everyone else sucks" persona. I dont buy it, maybe you could try harder.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Alright everyone....

Just remember, this is an internet forum.  We all know about posting and arguing on an internet forum.  

Everyone is entitled to throw in their opinions and thoughts, regardless of whether or not YOU agree with them, or feel that they should/can make said comments.  

Norman, sure, teenagers in general, are probably the least intelligent segment of the population (my digs at teens), but MANY are very mature and HAVE been around the block.  I think many teens (maybe even Citabria) might be wanting for something, like marriage, a little more than they should, but maybe he was just stating that he really looks forward to it.  I look forward to grandchildren, but it doesn't mean I'm going to knock up the next woman I stick my dick in.

Some people just get their panties in a bunch entirely TOO easily.  

(And about the English grammar nazi stuff... you SPEAK English, you should be able to WRITE English correctly.  [disregard this comment if you're a:dumb b:a dropout c: illiterate or d: all of the above])
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's some advice from somebody not too old and not young, either.  I married my wife at 20, she was 19.  We dated through high school and just couldn't wait any longer.  Next Monday, it will have been 19 years, and we're going strong.  

I think the best thing we did was to wait forever to have kids.  Our boys are 8 and 6.  If we'd have had children when we were younger, our marriage might not have made it.  Get married if you want to (when you find the right lady), but don't get in a hurry to have kids.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Nope it's not a threat.  

Since you can't figure it out I'll say that if you relax you will have better health and live a longer life.  Make sense yet?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a dog in this fight,been married once at 22 and once again a 33!

I would just like to interject this thought!  Be VERY,VERY careful what you wish for!

Bob  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a reason that Citabria is part of the Texas Crew.  He, like the rest of us, doesn't sit still and take shit from some "OLD FART"
regardless of the age.

Unless you know where he has walked stfu and leave him alone. (Although he definately doesn't need me to stick up for him, he's a doing fine himself)

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
All I am going to say is that there is a person here that seems to be part of the problem and not the solution.

Take that anyway you want it...there is no reason to discriminate because of age, race, sex, or any other reason.

I hope I simplified the problem for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
In case there is any doubt, [b]Citabria[/b] is a much welcomed and respected member of the DFW Crew and a crucial part of the Hun Farm Militia.

His conduct is always impeccable around us.

I can vouch for his character anytime.

Let's move on, now.

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In case there is any doubt, [b]Citabria[/b] is a much welcomed and respected member of the DFW Crew and a crucial part of the Hun Farm Militia.

Let's move on, now.

View Quote

I have to agree with ETH.

I have talked with Citabria many times via AIM and he has always been a stand up guy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, the kid strives to be a respectable husband and good father one day.  Can't blame him for wanting the AMERICAN DREAM, can you?  Next thing you know, you'll piss on him for liking apple pie!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I think we can disagree a little bit more amicably, can't we?

Getting married young or old is no gaurantee.  I was always told not to get married, in fact I had a chance to marry a great girl when I was 24 and she was 21.  I thought that was too young.  Then when I was 27 I got married and it all went to hell 'cuz I married the wrong one.  So instead of marrying the sweet attentive hard working girl who would go shooting anytime, I married a selfish manhating goldigger with no moral fiber, no values, no sense of responsibility, and a weak personality.....because "it was time to get married" and I was "old enough to handle it".  I was going to save the world.  Not.  

Marriage is something that you will have to grow into, together.  You have to have a solid foundation of morals and core values along with the requisite love for each other.  And that is just to use as a basis for what happens as time goes on.  If you expect the other person to suddenly become something else (or they expect YOU to) when you tie the knot, you are headed for court sooner or later.

Cit, I'll leave this little tidbit for you that I gleaned from the owners of a pizza joint I worked at long ago...a lesson I did not take to heart and I paid for it.  I was 18 at the time....this was almost 15 years ago.  My girlfriend (current soon to be ex wife) dumped me right before I had to go in to work a 12 hour shift.  I went to work and was very bummed out.  Kathy looks at me and says in her broken Greek-accented English...."son, son, ALWAYS remember.  First da Jesus, den da girl!".  

I didn't get it.  If I had a church home at the time, I might have figured out what she meant.  But I thought I knew what I was doing.  I went through a few nice girls and wound up back with the ex 8 years later.  Another 5 years later and I am headed to court for the second breakup.  

I shoulda just stuck a fork in my eye, and given a few grand and a house to some bitch I can't stand.

There is NO reason to hurry and get married.  That said, it is worthy endeavor.      
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Let's move on, now.

View Quote

like mr. eth says...lets move on now.  we have all established our points so lets keep moving.  mods feel free to lock this post or move it at your convenience
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Citabria made a comment that was worth a wry smile, or even an outright laugh. His lack of perspective was matched only by his sincerity.

Personally, I waste alot of time here searching out such posts.

It certainly wasn't worth getting angry about

(not as if he was claiming to be a war hero or something)

And Citabria- you might want to reset your insult threshold at which you tell armed and possibly unstable individuals to "STFU"

Now kiss and make up-save the venom for the liberals

"can't we all get along"
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:44:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Leave norman alone, hes really trying hard to live up to the whole "Im a total badass and everyone else sucks" persona. I dont buy it, maybe you could try harder.
View Quote

Not everyone sucks, just you.

(and here's the obligatory [;)])

BTW, aren't you the 17 year old who thinks he has a drinking problem, and tried to screw himself out of a good Navy job by drinking?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top