Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
glad to hear it worked out for BTK.

Kinda bummed we didn't get to hear about TJ giving the principal the "I didn't teach my kid to be a victim" speach though.

Oh well, I guess you can always hold it in reserve for next time; IF there is a next time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the under 18 thing.... Punch away.... but he better not get caught doing it without good reason.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep fighting the good fight.
But, know that our system is going to punish us for raising our kids as we see fit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
If the bully was black, your kid may be charged with a

HATE CRIME!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:22:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad to hear that rightousness reigned.
Way to go Jeffersons'.
M
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, nicely done BTK, not only does he come out not being a victim, but he helped the other kid out too, and made a new friend.

I hope the principal didn't see him getting tripped on the way out of the office

Nicely done sir.

/PHil
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is how I solved a problem with my daughter being harassed, receiving prank calls, and picked on... I contacted the Principal and advised him that I would be forwarding a certified letter to him, as well as a courtesy copy to the School Board, advising them of the problem.  

The letter was going to cite specific times and dates where my daughter had reported the incidents to the teacher and that NO ACTION had been taken.  

The letter was going to remind the school administration that they are DIRECTLY responsible for the safety and welfare of my child, and everyone elses, child during the times that my child is on school grounds or under their supervision.

The letter was going to advise them that I, as the parent, was going to assert my daughter's legal rights as a victim of Harassment, Unlawful Use of the Telephone, and Battery.

The letter was going to advise them that a Police Report was going to be filed, and even though I understand that the school can not tell me the other child's full name and address (needed for the report), the Police would surely be there soon to collect that information for the report.

Now the kicker... I then provided the Principal a way out by asking him if he would rather I wait, and allow him time to contact the student and the student's parents, and resolve the situation "in-house" without getting outside agencies involved and of course he did.

Bottom line:  When your child gets harassed or picked on, or you receive prank calls, simply let administrators know you are serious and HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.  Believe me, they will spring into action and get the monkey off their back quickly.

I suggest you remind the school that your child used the least amount of force necessary at the time to prevent himself from becoming a victim.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:19:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Next time tell him to catch the bastard off school grounds.

mike

That doesn't matter in some districts these days, plus many of them now get the cops involved.  Even when I was in middle school they'd punish you for things done off campus/school grounds.  It wasn't right, and one of the reasons I went to a magnet school in a different district the next year.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here is how I solved a problem with my daughter being harassed, receiving prank calls, and picked on... I contacted the Principal and advised him that I would be forwarding a certified letter to him, as well as a courtesy copy to the School Board, advising them of the problem.  

The letter was going to cite specific times and dates where my daughter had reported the incidents to the teacher and that NO ACTION had been taken.  

The letter was going to remind the school administration that they are DIRECTLY responsible for the safety and welfare of my child, and everyone elses, child during the times that my child is on school grounds or under their supervision.

The letter was going to advise them that I, as the parent, was going to assert my daughter's legal rights as a victim of Harassment, Unlawful Use of the Telephone, and Battery.

The letter was going to advise them that a Police Report was going to be filed, and even though I understand that the school can not tell me the other child's full name and address (needed for the report), the Police would surely be there soon to collect that information for the report.

Now the kicker... I then provided the Principal a way out by asking him if he would rather I wait, and allow him time to contact the student and the student's parents, and resolve the situation "in-house" without getting outside agencies involved and of course he did.

Bottom line:  When your child gets harassed or picked on, or you receive prank calls, simply let administrators know you are serious and HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.  Believe me, they will spring into action and get the monkey off their back quickly.

I suggest you remind the school that your child used the least amount of force necessary at the time to prevent himself from becoming a victim.

good move!  thats almost exactly what a co-worker did for his daughter.  his reasoning is similar:  if the school system has a no tolerance rule for fighting, even in cases of self defense, they have assumed the responsiblity of insuring everyones safety.  if they fail, they are liable and responsible for their failure.  
he wrote a letter and then told his daughter  - in the presence of the principle, the other kids parents, the other kid and the "school resource officer"  - that she should do all she could to avoid confrontations with "that kid" as he pointed to him.  leave, if possible, but in the event "anyone" backs her in a corner, etc, she is to fight as if her life depended on it, because it just might.  seems this "little fella" as his parents characterized him is about 40 pounds heavier than her, and has a history of bullying the smaller kids, sticking his fingers in their food and taking their lunches, slapping girls to see them cry , pinching others guys nipples and peckers in th locker rooms, etc. , documented by the school.  the principle was trying to blow it off like his daughter was to blame.
so far, no problems have occurred.  i think that just declaring "open season" may have cooled his engines a little.
Good Job, Tj. and give BTK a pat on the back from Mach for acting like a man and not like an animal like so many youngsters do today!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top