Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
that is very sad to see.

I have seen some others on a German Newspaper site an d those are also pretty devastating .

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Also the saturation of the farmland with salt water will prevent the growing of crops for a very long time, or so I am told. No farming, no community, so the area ,may become a unhabitited zone.

wow.  never thought of that.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think that by the time this is over, the death toll will be very high.

i agree, how could it not be?  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Bush's fault obviously.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unbelievable devastation. Some of those villages are just gone.

Some of the land mass is gone too.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Also the saturation of the farmland with salt water will prevent the growing of crops for a very long time, or so I am told. No farming, no community, so the area ,may become a unhabitited zone.

I was wondering about this and how long it would take for the salts to reduce to acceptable levels for crops again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I really doubt that is true.  A one time short term inundation, won't last forever.  It may kill some stuff at first but there won't be that much salt left behind.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Mother of God.

that is ...Staggering..

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It's amazing....now they are saying the death toll may exceed 10,000 people in Myagi Prefecture alone....

I still can't get past the video of the tsunami as it approached the roadways...the cars and trucks just stopped....one can only imagine the horror of seeing all that shit comming to envelop you...and knowing you are going to die in just moments. Just....damn...

Got a link to those vids?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
The before and after Google Earth pics of Gilchrist, Texas are like that, except there were only one or two homes standing in Gilchrist out of the thousand or so that had been there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#12]
damn, thats unreal
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
damn

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's amazing....now they are saying the death toll may exceed 10,000 people in Myagi Prefecture alone....

I still can't get past the video of the tsunami as it approached the roadways...the cars and trucks just stopped....one can only imagine the horror of seeing all that shit comming to envelop you...and knowing you are going to die in just moments. Just....damn...

Link? I missed that one.

They have edited most of the rough stuff out now.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, thats brutal.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link? I missed that one.

They have edited most of the rough stuff out now.  

Thank you, Big Brother for protecting us.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a link to those vids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3AdFjklR50&feature=related Check out the poor bastard standing on his flatbed trailer at 2:30 in....I doubt he made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-hOLLnGz2k&feature=more_related 2:32 & 3:19

ETA: This one has several shots of people who couldn't get out of the way....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27JcZpsZNw&feature=related

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]
tag for later

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn...that's about all I can say.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Living on a flood plain is not without its risks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Living on a flood plain is not without its risks.

This event is being called a 1000 year event as it is the worst tsunami in over a thousand years.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top