Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]

That looks like fun, I may have to drive down and check that out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
TAG
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I wired this airman for the Tattoo last year.
Sony lipstick cam on his helmet with the transmitter secreted in a sustainment pouch on his belt.
Full resolution broadcast quality NTSC legal video.

We cut his POV shot live into the program as he led his squad on a simulated security patrol.
Output to two large LED screens, it looked awesome.

I also wired the turret of this HUMMV:

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used one of these on a fire helmet before. A Oregon Scientific ATC3K. Not the best quality(pretty good for only ~$70) but with all the water and smoke a really nice camera probably would not have made much difference. It held up well to the heat and water. Memory stick I got for $5 held about 1 hour of the highest quality video. 2 hours on regular. Would be good for white water rafting too.  

http://www.binbin.net/photos/oregon-scientific/gif/gifts-oregon-scientific-atc-2000-helmet-camera-atc2k.jpg

I use the Fire Cam FC-3 at work, it has seen some serious shit and still works great.  It uses (and includes) the BlackJack helmet mount that a lot of us (firefighters) use to attach lights to our helmets.  

A few friends use the Oregon Scientific camera, and while it is tough and takes decent video, it is a bit bulky.  The FC-3 would be an ideal cam for this kind of thing if you could find a way to mount it.  I would imagine you could use the same mounts you could use for a tac-light.  

http://firevideo.net
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used one of these on a fire helmet before. A Oregon Scientific ATC3K. Not the best quality(pretty good for only ~$70) but with all the water and smoke a really nice camera probably would not have made much difference. It held up well to the heat and water. Memory stick I got for $5 held about 1 hour of the highest quality video. 2 hours on regular. Would be good for white water rafting too.  

http://www.binbin.net/photos/oregon-scientific/gif/gifts-oregon-scientific-atc-2000-helmet-camera-atc2k.jpg

I use the Fire Cam FC-3 at work, it has seen some serious shit and still works great.  It uses (and includes) the BlackJack helmet mount that a lot of us (firefighters) use to attach lights to our helmets.  

A few friends use the Oregon Scientific camera, and while it is tough and takes decent video, it is a bit bulky.  The FC-3 would be an ideal cam for this kind of thing if you could find a way to mount it.  I would imagine you could use the same mounts you could use for a tac-light.  

I looked at that one but thought I would have melted the camera so I bought the cheap-o. Never did interior with it so it worked fine. I used the giant rubber band thing that wrapped around my helmet to hold it on.  FC-3 videos I saw looked great even in low light.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have messed around with a Go Pro HD. Works good but it is pretty wide angle and $300. This is just hat mounted.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
cool stuff.   I may have to give that Eghey cam a try.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Just received 2 of them today.  Charging now.  Thanks again for the links!
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just bought two as well. How long does it take to get them?
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Info in this thread will be very helpful. I've wanted one for my ACH for awhile now.

Maybe I'll buy one for the next time I'm TRAINING to kill those Taliban Zombies.....like those really exist.

Link Posted: 6/18/2010 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just bought two as well. How long does it take to get them?

Ordered 6/9, shipped 6/10 and got it 6/17.  Not bad considering it came from China.
Pretty decent video for $11 each.  The chinglish was initially confusing but you can figure it out.  Also, if you google 808 car keys micro-camera there is a lot of info on these cameras.
I got #3 which, apparently, is the desirable version according to Chuck
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i've always wondered what Arfcom members "train for" and if they can say what they train like, or if they consider it opsec

Hey newcomer, I was asking a serious question. If you really wanted to know, rather than be a troll, you might try asking....just saying.

ok, so what do you train for?

end of the world?

civil war?

government take down?

zombies?

shoplifters at the mall you pull security at?
I think you wandered into the wrong website, I will help you find your way out.

Link Posted: 6/18/2010 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]
How about a cam you can plug into the back of an aimpoint or acog with a flip down display on your helmet or glasses? Can you pull it off with radio shack components?
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I used the non-HD version of the GoPro Helmet Hero.

Worked great, although it's hard to tell exactly where you are aiming.  I used it as a dash-cam a lot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked at that one but thought I would have melted the camera so I bought the cheap-o. Never did interior with it so it worked fine. I used the giant rubber band thing that wrapped around my helmet to hold it on.  FC-3 videos I saw looked great even in low light.

Its held up to interior attack very well.  The last fire we had burned my ears but the cam was fine (except I forgot to turn it on).  The FC-2 looks even better as it's in HD and comes with internal LEDs for illumination, but at the time $300 seemed like a bit much for something I thought I'd burn up in a year.  .
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#17]
anyone have new videos?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag.  I wanna watch myself shoot skeet, and birds and other fun shit.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have messed around with a Go Pro HD. Works good but it is pretty wide angle and $300. This is just hat mounted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNRuRr7WEo

This.  Shit's awesome.  A lot of fun can be had with the $12 spycam thingy too.

ETA: How do you guys with the Go Pro HD's edit your shit?  It's choppy as fuck on vegas, almost impossible to edit.  Tried it on several machines.  Playback is ok though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Has everyone else had good luck with the ebay cameras?  for $10 it's hard to go wrong.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNRuRr7WEo

I want one of these to mount to my helmet and film rides across the mountain.   They look great for sports and things.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Made as a joke by myself and my friend:

Breakthrough Weapons Technology for Operators!
Tactical
Operator
Optical
Logistical
Solutions, Inc.

Presents:
The all new

Tactical
Acquisition and
Re-imaging
Device

The Tactical Aquisition and Re-imaging Device (or T.A.R.D.) allows the Operator to acquire and subsequently re-image visual data from the battlefield.
The state-of-the art LCD readout allows engagement from around cover without the operator needing to expose himself to enemy fire. It also allows re-imaging for kill confirmation purposes in the field.

The device in final configuration includes back-up iron sights, a primary dot optic for target engagement through the LCD readout, and a back-up combination magnified and dot optic for engagement of distant targets and use in case of primary optic failure.

See our Promo video here!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
I don't know how to hotlink the video.

We just did it as a joke, it's a weapon mount for NVDs with a digital camera installed on it. I just wanted to take a picture of the sight picture on a target, and we got carried away from there.

If only I had brought the lower 1/3 cowitness riser for the SPARC, the dot would have been more in the middle of the optic on the camera. As it was, the camera is too high up. It also works much better inside, rather than at 11 AM in August in El Paso.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top