Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't plan on taking any more rounds, that's for sure, and I don't work with a partner. I cover the southeast quadrant of our area by myself. That is why we have a need for more firepower. Too few officers to do the job.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
WILSON, I caught the cross out tip there. I don't think this is McUzi. I have a hunch, but I won't share it yet.

Good Evening Gentlemen! All of Gecko45 brains are belong to someone else!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I cover the southeast quadrant of our area by myself
View Quote

I hope that's not the 'quadrant' with the arcade, those little asian kids can be ruthless!

"Alpha Base, this is Task Force Eagle Fiver.  We have a code purple, repeat a code PURPLE in quadrant niner-zebra!  Suspect is 12-87 (loitering at the Orange Julius).  Request back-up ASAP!  Arrrg, I'm down, I'm down, MEDIC!!!"
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]
To paraphrase Eminem:  Will the REAL Mall Ninja please stand up.  Please stand up.

Don't forget to block those rays and remember  shiny side out!  

Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#7]
For one, asian kids are more difficult to handle because the vast majority of them have been trained in martial arts. That is why I have done the same myself. Also, we don't use military code on radio. Too complicated. We use hands free communications and speak plain English.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Special Forces, it's interesting that a brand new member just happened to be a mall security guard, and just happened to be in time for the Gecko 45 thread...C'mon who are you, really? Treetop? or, at least, who aren't you? Can you give us some honest niks that aren't your alter-ego?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone notice there is no SF logged in?  And neither is McUzi.  So it's one of you other geniuses.  
Nix that he's logged in, darn I thought i had a lead!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been lurking for awhile but never posted until you guys started making fun of my profession. This is serious $!#@, man.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Dear Special Forces...

NOT!

Nice try, bud! [:D]

Sincerely,

Juggernaut

(Editud caus I cain't spel an laff ayt dah  sayme toim!)
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]
All right children, put the air-soft toys and fake BDU's down, there is no such thing as a mall SWAT team.

Gecko45, your exploits are well known on Glocktalk, I am saddened by the fact that the 300 win mag bullet missed your head.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Make fun of us all you want, but I will still be there for you when a gang of hoodlums try to steal your purse....  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Gecko45
Please come on over and vist with us at
www.ak-47.net/akboard/Ultimate.cgi
We wish to worship at the feet of a Master like yourself.We have lots of questions we need serious tactical answers for.

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#15]
While you idiots are posting lame ass replies trying to be funny you don't realize you are scaring off a potentially valuable member of this board. Get in all your unoriginal replies while you can because this will most likely be Gecko's last thread. If you could only see how unfunny your amateur responses are through someone elses eyes you would shut up quick. Your ruining it for the rest of us. Thanks dilrods.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:19:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Gecko, ignore these dilrods, they only think they know what they are talking about. We're here for you brother.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:46:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Welcome.  We can sure use some more expertise. We share our experiences and talk just about anything that can help one another. I for one, used to be a Junior from the old board, got me some good informations, help and got a great start on my AR collection. By no mean I am an expert of anything, but with my own experiences I can just help out new Juniors whenever I can or point them to the right source of information. Right or wrong, my knowledge can only help as much as it can.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh no not again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:49:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh no not again.
View Quote

'fraid so......NOT =>

All Your Mall Security Are Belong To Us

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:51:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Make fun of us all you want, but I will still be there for you when a gang of hoodlums try to steal your purse....  
View Quote

Sorry shifty, I don't carry a "purse", but I am glad that you, by your use of wording, have let us know that you do...
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Not only is it the Mall Ninja of Glock Talk fame but we've got a running bet it's also Prettyboy from TFL.  Beware, anyone who spells it "Seel" consistently has GOT to be dangerous!  Bwahahahahaha

Now, about those trauma plates...you do know which way faces out, right?  Bwahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#22]
My Grandfather used to have the old style strap on spikes.  Of course he was a lineman for the power company.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:17:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
. I work for a highly respected elite security force called Grey Wolf Security.  
View Quote

That might give you a hint as to who it is.
2nd Ammend; I was thinking the same thing about the SEEL.
What I really think is that is someone from this board who wanted a little fun.
The REEL Mall Ninja is now under witness protection, Tony Saprano is looking for da rat.
He also did a guest appearance on 'survivor,' He was the grey haired lady.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#25]
[red][size=5]SOMEONE HOOK MALL UP THE BOMB[/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#26]
What do you use for a sidearm?

[red][size=6]A Glock 7?[/size=6][/red]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I use a 1911 style pistol, thank you. It is a full size Llama with a 15 round extended mag. Originally the mag didn't feed properly but I modified the feed lips. I have this process down to an art. Now that dude can fire as fast as you pull the trigger. It is very reliable.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#28]
How do you manage to walk around with 5 inches of magazine hanging out the grip?
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How do you manage to walk around with 5 inches of magazine hanging out the grip?
View Quote

The only way to hide 5" is down the front of your pants!![:D]
Lynn  [uzi]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a tactical thigh holster. The mag only hangs out about 1 1/2 inches. Barely noticeable. But I keep 2 more mags in the left thigh pocket of my BDU's. That's really my only weapon. No batons and no pepper spray. Muscles, handcuffs and guns are what this group is about.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]
If you are using a single stack 1911 with a 10 rd mag it will stick out 1 1/2".  A 15 rounder would stick out at least 4-5 inches.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I just checked, smartie, and it hangs out about 3 1/2 inches not 4 or 5. So I exaggerated. What do you carry, big shot?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#33]
S&W 3913  and apparently usless converstations.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Dude, my sister shoots one of those when it's not jamming on her. Get a real gun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dude, my sister shoots one of those when it's not jamming on her. Get a real gun.
View Quote

Well my wife carries a 3913 S&W with 800-1000 rounds thru it and the only malfuntions are from her "limp-wristing" it. After she solved that problem she hasn't had any malfunctions.
A guy as "big" as you surely your sister has enough muscle's to hold it tight?
Lynn  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Al of you people are obviously getting your laughs from makeing fun of other people. I do not appreciate being treated like a fool, as I am not one of those. I do not think any of you except for Special Forces understands wht I must go through in my job. The stress and strain of being responsible for so many people, who do not even seem to care whether or not they might die from a gunman's bullett, does anyone really know what it is like, except for security guards? Even police officers are not subjected the the stenuous situation I attempt to deal with. Obviously, you have never been shot at before, and do not care if an LEO like me takes death seriously. I wish you people would realize that ths is a dangerous world, and that someone must protect it. I am one of the very few who protect our malls, and I hope you realize that. You should respect the risks I take.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#37]
These pansies haven't a clue...
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wish you people would realize that ths is a dangerous world, and that someone must protect it. I am one of the very few who protect our malls, and I hope you realize that. You should respect the risks I take.
View Quote

Down here in Texas we carry our concealed handgun with us to protect ourselves.
We do not rely on anyone to protect us like the democrats do and like Hitler tried.
Lynn
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey I take you seriously, Gecko45. Your line of work IS dangerous; your life is fraught with hazards.  You must sleep with one eye open, be always aware of your surroundings, carefully observe the movements of strangers for signs of aggression... you never know when someone may send another ninja to assassinate you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#40]
The untrained citizen should not carry weapons, especially in a major mall. How would I know that you're not some perp carrying a piece in my area? Do you wear your permit on a chain around your neck? One of my duties is to spot weapons and unfortunately you would have to explain your permit to me from the floor after I have disarmed you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#41]
This will be funny.  The mall ninja lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The untrained citizen should not carry weapons, especially in a major mall. How would I know that you're not some perp carrying a piece in my area? Do you wear your permit on a chain around your neck? One of my duties is to spot weapons and unfortunately you would have to explain your permit to me from the floor after I have disarmed you.
View Quote

You sir dont live very far from me and I will be more than happy to meet up with you and just see how quick you can get my gun from me. I carry and will carry in malls or anywhere I go.

Mall Ninja, A.K.A. Gecko45, Does the name Stephen Hayes mean any thing to you? It should.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Hi all...

I decided to join after a friend kept feeding me tidbits from this forum.  I don't know much about weapons and stuff, and certainly I didn't know you had to be an almost ninja to work as mall security, but I can believe it.

In November(think the day after Thanksgiving) I was mobbed at the mall(or is that mauled by the mob?).  And the poor security people were in no better shape than I was.  It would have taken a ninja to break free from all those irate ladies, fighting in front of the sales tables.  

So you have my respect Mall Ninja...err...Gecko45 and you too SpecialForces.  Being a rent-a-cop is not easy.

Roger
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#44]
You carry in my mall without a properly displayed permit, Nancy, and your ponytails will be flying as I take you down hard. I can draw a bath faster than you could draw a gun...
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#45]
The Mod's need to lock this thrad and put a warning sign on it!

I'v been laughing so hard that I think I'm having a heart attack. you guy's are killing me!! ROTFLMAO.[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Stephen Hayes, the jinenkan instructor? I know the name, but nothing else. Why do you ask?

Finally, someone is asking a civil question. I wish you people would learn to be civil from Greg3, it would be a good thing for you to learn
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Geezus H!!! And to think I usually skip the "HI!! I'm NEW blah blah blah" threads!

Gecko45, what is the current SOP for removing a little ol' lady's cat from one of those plastic trees in the mall? Do your spike Nikes work well on bark?

Well, here's hoping that none of the "Pink Pistol Brigade" from Free Republic log on to say "hey." you guys will really be scrambling to check your 6.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
If I was lawfully carrying concealed in a place not posted against cocealed carry, if anyone other than a REAL LEO attempted to disarm me it would get real ugly real quick.

Note I said REAL LEO.
View Quote

Oh, it would get ugly alright. Have you ever tried to eat your dinner through a straw? That's what you'd be doing when I got through with you.

Also, this is real LE. I see far more action than our PD does. Do you think mall crime is a joke?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top