Ha ha ha yea we called it uh well &^$^*&%%* knocking
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We never called it ding dong ditch

lol, us either.... the world is too PC now.

Ha ha ha yea we called it uh well &^$^*&%%* knocking

I'm from SC, that's what we called it too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Just disconnect the doorbell.

View Quote
Ding ding ding!

Also check the connections in the button itself, and the transformer in the basement, and the sounding unit.  Could just be a faulty connection making it ring.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I rather enjoyed this read

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
had this happen to us twice. Once, mechanical failure, other time,  neighborhood kids.

Mechanical failure: two wires shorting out in the doorbell switch. Wind pressure on door or even walking past would cause vibration and cause them to short out and ring the bell.  When I finally tracked it down the wires were all blackened and had been sparking some. I was ready to literally shoot every kid in the neighborhood.  I spent a lot of time running around with a flashlight looking for the little bastards. which weren't there.  

Second time: neighborhood kids went to TOWN on us.  Multiple times a night, almost every day.  Finally got my kids G36 airsoft rifle, loaded it up with BB's and slapped an EOTech and NV on it.  After the first ring I sprinted out and hid in the bushes about ten feet from my door hidden under a brown fuzzy blanket my wife had on her when it was fo time.

ten minutes later kids creep up and just as he hits the bell I unload on his ass and legs with the airsoft.  About 8 balls a second at just under 400fps,  those little bastards hurt and I completely hosed him down.

He vaults off the step into the rose bushes,   screaming bloody murder and runs away covered in welts and torn up from the rose thorns.

he runs to the church next door with his friends and starts yelling at me, super pissed,  he has no idea where I am cause I'm under a brown blanket under some bushes. He's just yelling and screaming how he's going to get me.  Then he decides to moon me.

Do you know what someone mooning you looks like through NV? It looks a LOT like a target. I could not resist and plastered his now naked ass with a long string from the G36.   He screeched like a scaled cat, and not having learned his lesson the first time, lurched into some bushes for protection, this time with his pants down around his ankles and thrashed around yelling.

he compadres fled the area laughing  in a hail of airsoft bullets,  Mr Moon thrashing around and screaming trying to get out of the bushes by the church, yelling the whole time about his asshole and how I'm a faggot. Based on the yelling and insults, there's a pretty high probability at least one of the airsoft pellets found it's way to his sensitive regions, and may have actually traveled up the down spout.

I started laughing so hard I couldn't even stand up,  My ribs hurt from laughing for three days.

and we never NEVER been doorbell ditched again.  Literally ever.

He conveniently forgot to mention the part...

Where he served 2 years in prison for feloniously, maliciously and recklessly, assaulting, discharging a 'firearm', and endangering the welfare of children...

Who were just trying to sell some left-over Girl Scout cookies...

And now has to register as a child predator...

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Where he served 2 years in prison for feloniously, maliciously and recklessly, assaulting, discharging a 'firearm', and endangering the welfare of children...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
had this happen to us twice. Once, mechanical failure, other time,  neighborhood kids.

Mechanical failure: two wires shorting out in the doorbell switch. Wind pressure on door or even walking past would cause vibration and cause them to short out and ring the bell.  When I finally tracked it down the wires were all blackened and had been sparking some. I was ready to literally shoot every kid in the neighborhood.  I spent a lot of time running around with a flashlight looking for the little bastards. which weren't there.  

Second time: neighborhood kids went to TOWN on us.  Multiple times a night, almost every day.  Finally got my kids G36 airsoft rifle, loaded it up with BB's and slapped an EOTech and NV on it.  After the first ring I sprinted out and hid in the bushes about ten feet from my door hidden under a brown fuzzy blanket my wife had on her when it was fo time.

ten minutes later kids creep up and just as he hits the bell I unload on his ass and legs with the airsoft.  About 8 balls a second at just under 400fps,  those little bastards hurt and I completely hosed him down.

He vaults off the step into the rose bushes,   screaming bloody murder and runs away covered in welts and torn up from the rose thorns.

he runs to the church next door with his friends and starts yelling at me, super pissed,  he has no idea where I am cause I'm under a brown blanket under some bushes. He's just yelling and screaming how he's going to get me.  Then he decides to moon me.

Do you know what someone mooning you looks like through NV? It looks a LOT like a target. I could not resist and plastered his now naked ass with a long string from the G36.   He screeched like a scaled cat, and not having learned his lesson the first time, lurched into some bushes for protection, this time with his pants down around his ankles and thrashed around yelling.

he compadres fled the area laughing  in a hail of airsoft bullets,  Mr Moon thrashing around and screaming trying to get out of the bushes by the church, yelling the whole time about his asshole and how I'm a faggot. Based on the yelling and insults, there's a pretty high probability at least one of the airsoft pellets found it's way to his sensitive regions, and may have actually traveled up the down spout.

I started laughing so hard I couldn't even stand up,  My ribs hurt from laughing for three days.

I thought hard about that before I hosed the kid down. I was worried about two things: 1 putting an eye out and 2 going to jail.

but this was after WEEKS of torment,  like 2am doorbell ditches. waking up the baby,  repeated over and over ringing.  sometimes 10-15 times.  we were both pretty frustrated.

Ultimately I went cause it was late at night, and it would be soo hard to prove it was me that did the shooting.  almost impossible.

But you are right,  every time someone came to my door for a week,  I froze up hard and expected to have a cop or lawyer there trying to pin it on me.

I suspect it was the moon shot that saved me.  How do you explain to your dad "dad, this gut shot me with an airsoft and I have a bb up my ass. Go get him"?

I suspect he clammed up and decided doorbell ditching was not as fun at our house.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you know what someone mooning you looks like through NV? It looks a LOT like a target. I could not resist and plastered his now naked ass with a long string from the G36.   He screeched like a scalded cat, and not having learned his lesson the first time, lurched into some bushes for protection, this time with his pants down around his ankles and thrashed around yelling.

View Quote

That's awesome, you know that kid will catch shit for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Could it be possible your doorbell is malfunctioning? Perhaps, the wiring at the terminals is making contact with something inside the housing and your doorbell is randoming going off.

You could install a a SkyBell. It records on a motion event. Wait. You just said you don't have wifi - never mind. Shit.

Well, back to the first option. Inspect the doorbell for function.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you know what someone mooning you looks like through NV? It looks a LOT like a target. I could not resist and plastered his now naked ass with a long string from the G36.   He screeched like a scalded cat, and not having learned his lesson the first time, lurched into some bushes for protection, this time with his pants down around his ankles and thrashed around yelling.

View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The people suggesting wireless signals from a neighbor's house -- that's pretty farfetched.

The smart money's clearly on supernatural stalking.  Since you know these entities have the ability to control electromagnetic fields, you need to use measures outside what they can influence.   I suggest this.  

Then, just set up a comfortable chair in your front foyer and wait.  When that doorbell rings, you know what you have to do.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The people suggesting wireless signals from a neighbor's house -- that's pretty farfetched.

The smart money's clearly on supernatural stalking.  Since you know these entities have the ability to control electromagnetic fields, you need to use measures outside what they can influence.   I suggest this.  

Then, just set up a comfortable chair in your front foyer and wait.  When that doorbell rings, you know what you have to do.
View Quote

Hmmm . . . . . .  IDK, we put in a new clock with a remote temp sensor and were getting readings before we ever put batteries in the remote transmitter. The nearest neighbors are 40 Yards away.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Either they knock, or they go away.  

Doorbells are some 1950s bullshit, unless you have an actual mansion and an intercom.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

A buddies kid (17 years old) almost got tagged as a sex offender for mooning someone.  Similar story (17 yo was being a menace trying to impress a girl) but the video didn't show the whole story.  Guy getting menaced had the incident on (edited) video and claimed his daughter and wife were traumatized.  Fortunately, the judge had a 16 year old kid and knows/remembers what being a kid is like.  Buddies kid got 4 months of community service with the county.  Worked so hard he was given a well paying job by the work supervisor after CS time was done.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A buddies kid (17 years old) almost got tagged as a sex offender for mooning someone.  Similar story (17 yo was being a menace trying to impress a girl) but the video didn't show the whole story.  Guy getting menaced had the incident on (edited) video and claimed his daughter and wife were traumatized.  Fortunately, the judge had a 16 year old kid and knows/remembers what being a kid is like.  Buddies kid got 4 months of community service with the county.  Worked so hard he was given a well paying job by the work supervisor after CS time was done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what kind of douche gets traumatized by being mooned?  Geez.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
We had a similar issue with a ceiling fan/light combo. It had a remote. This was about 10 years ago.
It started when I would be up late at night and I would go downstairs for a drink and the damn light would be on, or the fan would be running full out. Wtf? I'd lower the fan speed and dim the light back down. It started to happen more often. A few times I got into a fight with it. It would turn on. I'd turn it off. It would turn on. I'd turn it off. The house was a condo. I finally wised up and had the bright idea to go out to the courtyard and play with the remote. Sure nuff, the next door neighbor's light came on. The he turned it off. So I turned it back on. Then I turned on his fan.

I reset my code a few days later, but I would still mess with him now and again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Look, kids only ddd on the assholes or goofs of the hood. The cool people are left alone.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
claymores
View Quote

Charlie is getting through the wire man.. Better put up flares and claymores.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

what kind of douche gets traumatized by being mooned?  Geez.

View Quote

Probably an asshole in a sexless marriage that doesn't remember the simple joys of youth
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

you spelled, Hook it to a 120v outlet wrong.....

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Disconnect the doorbell.

It is what I did when the new neighbor moved in next door and wouldnt stop trying to come over to introduce themselves.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#21]
ARLO system would work....would cost around $250...mount the camera and wait.  Comes with its own router for wifi.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Had the same thing happen in my house.  Random buzzing day and night (doorbell makes a buzzing sound).  
I was just a couple of feet away from a front window one time...nobody there.  Turned out that the new clothes dryer
I bought made the exact same noise as the front doorbell.  Took about a month to figure it out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think the biggest issue here is not having wifi in your house
View Quote

What he said.  Why don't you have wifi?  

Time to upgrade.

Cameras with 30 day storage systems are awesome.  Cameras with audio are even better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Disconnect the doorbell.

It is what I did when the new neighbor moved in next door and wouldnt stop trying to come over to introduce themselves.
View Quote

Based on how you handled that I think we could be friends, antisocial friends who never meet and rarely speak but, friends nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#25]
OP, you really stopped the group of boys that run the neighborhood and shook them down over it?  That sir, was a declaration of war!  Even if none of them had ever rung your doorbell before, they are all now required by the time honored ancient code of boyhood to torment you until they either leave for college or get married.

They will probably come back for their 10 year class reunion and ding dong ditch you again for old times sake.  

... not that anyone got ding dong ditched with an innertube tied from their door knob to a tree in my neighborhood 35 years ago.   The sound of their door slamming closed repeatedly when they tried to open it must be a figment of my imagination.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top