User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Wrong ? Hell its positively EVIL
View Quote

Thank you. [:)]  Yes, the goal was to be pure, unadulterated evil.  However, I've found that experienced chileheads are unaffected by it.  The next step will be to make some from Red Savina Habaneros.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My favorite is Magadanskya Russian vodka, but every high end vodka is basically the same.  I can drink them straight, but much prefer them in a tonic with lime.  Put it out in the cold in winter during a cold snap, it gets a kind of oily viscosity.
[b]Magadanskaya or “Maggy” Vodka is a venerable Russian vodka, but new in the USA.  “Maggy” is distilled and bottled in Magadan, Russia by the Magadan Liquor–Vodka Factory.

Its history began more than 100 years ago when Russian Cossacks exploring Siberia discovered Talskaya Springs.  Located 150 miles from Magadan, it is the source of the unique, pure mineral water used in the distilling process and the only vodka with mineral waters in the formula.  It is an ultra premium spirit because of its unparalleled filtering process, distilled four times with only the gentle pull of gravity and s-l-o-w-l-y filtered six times.

Magadanskaya is made from the finest wheat grown in Russia, incorporating just the right amount of Siberian potatoes and pure Talskaya Springs mineral waters to impart a delightful and unique flavor.  “Maggy” is handcrafted in small batches, thus ensuring strict adherence to its old recipe.

“Maggy” often has been the celebratory drink of choice, selected by Russian political leaders for events with historical significance.  In July 1945, leaders of the Soviet Union ordered cases of it to be shipped to the Potsdam Conference held by President Harry S Truman, Winston Churchill, and Joseph Stalin.

The onion dome top is a shot glass.  Per Russian custom, you can’t put it down unless you’ve drunk your shot (in this case, because of the pointed top of the onion dome).

The Russian authorities have never allowed Maggy to be exported from Magadan for sale in the USA, until recently.  At present, it is available only in Alaska, California, and Arizona.[/b]

High end tequilas are good, like Partron and Cabo Wabo.  Putting that stuff in a margarita is a shame.

Single malts, like Glenlivet and Glenfiddich dont make me gag like most whiskeys do.

But 99% of the time, it's beer!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Raven,
Where do you find that type of vodka?

By the way I'm having the last of my Belvedere and cranberry at 2:15am so I can finish my marketing presentation due tomorrow, or is it today? Crap!

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
make mine ...THUNDERBIRD
or some Night train

vodka drinking gun owners should try and find KALASHNIKOV VODKA
named after Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Myers Rum
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Jameson's, then Irish Mist.

(Well, what did you expect?)

(edited 'cause I can't spell "expect"...sheesh.)
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the Canadian wiskeys and Bacardi but a few years ago I took the tour at the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg Tn and ever since I have been tring to support my Southern Brethern.  The tour is free and I highly recommend it. You can not describe walking into the aging warehouse full of wooden barrels of whiskey - the smell is in-describeable. And the county is dry. They can make it but they can not sell it in the county.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I love good vodka. Chilled on the rocks with a Jardine's Texas Martini olive (jalapeno-stuffed). I don't like brown liquor much, but the 15 yr-old "Old Ezra" I used to get in the wooden boxes was the best whiskey I ever tasted, but I can't find it anymore.

I'd like to find some of the Kalashnikov AK47 vodka, and will give a NIW teflon LaBelle 30rd mag as a finder's fee to anyone who can get me two bottles reasonable, or tell me where to get it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Fighting Cock
[URL]http://www.fightingcock.com[/URL]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
 I like Smirnoff vodka and Bacardi light rum .
But not mixed together .

Smirnoff will mix with almost anything ,
including grape pop (purple passion )
lemonade and one of my favorites
 Vodka and tonic with a cherry .
it can also be had as a shooter , with a dash of black pepper or even on the rocks .
Or even as a martini, Shaken not stirred .

What vodka won't mix with Bacardi will , espically with coke .
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's a tie.

Gin. Usually mix it with tonic, but not bad with juice or straight up.

Captain Morgans Spiced Rum. Try mixing it with seven up some time. Tastes like an alcoholic creme soda. Yummy.

View Quote

Right on daddy-o. Nothing better than a Bombay Sapphire martini. Super chilled. Except for maybe a Captain Morgans and root-beer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Rumple Minze

"Itz Da Bomb"

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Raven,
Where do you find that type of vodka?
View Quote

I get it at the local liquor store. Magadan is the closest major Russian city to Alaska.

Magadan vodka's not expensive, normally $22 but it goes on sale all the time for $17 because otherwise no one would buy it.  Whenever I bring it to the counter they'll say something like "You're the first person I've ever seen buying that stuff!"  It's not advertised and the bottle's label is really repulsive.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
It's got be a drink I had in Korea; Soju a
whiskey that you can only get in Asia.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Wild Turk 101

But something not to drink, a shot of tequila dusted with cayenne pepper. It is callled a Prairie Fire.

One you guys might want to try is "Gunpowder Whiskey". The frontiersman used to put gunpowder in their whisky and food for flavoring. They sell it at "The Fort" in Denver.
I have only used blackpowder, 10 or 20 grains, I don't know if smokeless powder would be safe or not. It is a great after range drink.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Johnny Walker.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:53:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Jack Daniel (Black) and Stolichnaya (Red Pepper)
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:53:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's got be a drink I had in Korea; Soju a
whiskey that you can only get in Asia.
View Quote

I have had soju many times in the states. Nothing smother. Try a Korean market liquor store.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Seasonal...

Always: Ketel One Martini, up with olives.

Summer: Dark rum (Goslings) and tonic w/lime.
       ...or on rocks, no tonic.

Fall/Winter: Laphroig, single malt scotch
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Johnnie Walker-Black.  If you got Blue, I'll take a sip with you......
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Kalashnikov vodka!!!

I need some of that, here's some pics:

[url]www.cteklotara.ru/pro.html[/url]

And a thread on how to get it in the US:

[url]ak-47.gunsnet.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15615&highlight=vodka[/url]

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey ARChoo; Thanks for the info, It's been 28 years since I've had Soju.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Soju it is!
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Wild Turkey 101 on cracked ice!
Gobble gobble gobble
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Hennessy with a little bit of lemon juice. Very good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#27]
On the rare occasion that I drink anything hard, (hell, the 6 pack in my fridge is a month old) I have to go with Bombay Sapphire. Always makes me feel like crap though...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top