Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent to that piece of shit weasel Evan Bayh.

TC
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hmmm...

Which one is more likely to be swayed by my phone call-

Feinstein,

or Boxer?

Don't worry, I'll ask my buddy ol' pal Chuck U. Schumer to talk to them.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hmmm...

Feinstein,

or Boxer?

Neither will probably be effective.  But, I'm sure you will give it a try anyway.

I just sent off one to the retard Senator's of the state of Or-E-Gun.  Won't do any good, I'm sure, but, maybe, just maybe someone will listen.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
E-mailed both of mine.  Burr is good to go.  Here's my e-mail to Hagan:

Sen. Hagan,
It is time for you to represent the people of North Carolina and not the special interest groups.  Vote no on any vote that furthers this sham the Healthcare Reform bill.  My family, friends and I will be watching closely and will campaign ferociously to defeat any reelection of a Senator who supports the Healthcare Reform bill.  We need less government involvement in our lives.  Vote to defeat the Healthcare Reform bill or don't expect to be reelected.  

Represent the people of North Carolina, uphold the Constitution of the United States like you swore you would and defeat the Healthcare Reform bill.

-KW
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Ha ha, you guys are funny. THEY DON'T CARE what you think.  They are going to force this through. It WILL get passed.  Hopefully the courts will throw it out.  Can you imagine what a nightmare this will be? BTW, don't think you will get out of paying. The IRS is going to ensure that you pay for it. We are all screwed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
2010 will see more change in the makeup of Congress than 1994.

I only hope it won't be too late.

If they pass this "Obamanation of Legislation" - it will be impossible to undo and will destroy us.

What scares me is that our gov is acting like there won't be any elections in 2010.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Hit!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
THIS!

Quoted:

Email Ben Nelson: Link

Hes the only one standing in the way of stopping this.

I happen to know first hand that Nelson is scared to death of the consequences of a yes vote in terms of his reelection hopes.....'panicky' scared....'calling influential constituents and leaving desperate voicemail messages' scared.     If he feels enough pressure, I think he will vote no.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hmmm...

Feinstein,

or Boxer?

Durbin or Burris

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://bennelson.senate.gov/contact-me.cfm

CONTACT BEN NELSON, HE IS THE KEY TO KILLING THIS PENDING DISASTER! SEND THIS LINK TO EVERYONE-NOW!

Just sent Mr. Nelson an email.  I'll call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#11]
bump

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#12]
picked this off of Nelson's website:  http://bennelson.senate.gov/press/press_releases/121709-01.cfm

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

NELSON COMMENTS ON ABORTION COMPROMISE
December 17, 2009 – Today, Nebraska’s Senator Ben Nelson praised provisions in an abortion compromise adding new teen pregnancy initiatives and tax credits for adoption, while saying that the language working to ban public funding of abortion is not sufficient at this point.

Senator Nelson said today a proposed compromise he’s studied does not yet ensure that a longstanding federal standard barring public funding of abortion would be maintained in the Senate health care bill the Senate has been debating this month.

Nelson said without further improvements the compromise is not sufficient.

“The compromise adds important new initiatives addressing teen pregnancy and tax credits to help with adoptions,” Senator Nelson said. “These are valuable improvements that will make a positive difference and promote life. But as it is, without modifications, the language concerning abortion is not sufficient.”

Senator Nelson reiterated that he will not be able to support a cloture motion needing 60 votes to end debate on the underlying Senate bill if certain language in the bill remains. The existing language allows public funds to pay for abortion, thus relaxing the longstanding Hyde amendment.

He said today that he is open to looking at additional attempts to maintain the federal restriction on public funding of abortion.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So when is this kind of shit going to stop?  Is there a group I can join to help fight this bullshit instead of reading about it everyday and getting angry?

A piece of advice.  Get involved locally.  Hook up with the Tea Party folks, see if you mesh well with them, or not.  I have a feeling that local, then state, then federal will be what is needed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ha ha, you guys are funny. THEY DON'T CARE what you think.  They are going to force this through. It WILL get passed.  Hopefully the courts will throw it out.  Can you imagine what a nightmare this will be? BTW, don't think you will get out of paying. The IRS is going to ensure that you pay for it. We are all screwed.

We may well be.  But, that does not absolve us from the responsibility of working within the system to affect things.  There is much ahead before there is a fo time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
They have to do this in the dark, it won't withstand the light of day, but if they have the votes, they WILL do it.

Do you know what your next move after that is going to be?

Basically, you can pay like a good little sheep, or...not pay.

Merry Christmas.

If they don't have the votes during the day, they won't have them at night.  I'm pretty sure this bill is dead in the water.

I hope so.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

THIS!

Quoted:

Email Ben Nelson: Link

Hes the only one standing in the way of stopping this.

I happen to know first hand that Nelson is scared to death of the consequences of a yes vote in terms of his reelection hopes.....'panicky' scared....'calling influential constituents and leaving desperate voicemail messages' scared.     If he feels enough pressure, I think he will vote no.    

God i hope so it has been hell getting a call in to any of his offices this week

the office girls were also somewhat surprised i was actually in Nebraska though

I think if he votes for it he is done

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]
its on cspan2 live right now in the middle of the night!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't like this. Midnight votes tend not to go well...

Let them know you're vigilantly keeping watch.

As if they care.
They'll be taken care of even if they lose their job, which for most of them is a pay cut anyways.

Then people will get mad people will get indignant and vote for anyone with an (R) and for awhile the government will have to expand and steal with its right hand for awhile instead of its left.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmm...

Feinstein,

or Boxer?

Call them and tell them that THEIR PARTY WILL LOSE MAJORITY STATUS AND WITH THAT THEY WILL LOSE ANY COMMITTEE CHAIR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS THEY HAVE!!!

They'll be relegated to MINORITY STATUS and have no authority over committees anymore!

Don't think they care.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

With little effect sadly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was under the impression it could not move ahead until the CBO released the markup of the bill, which may happen tomorrow.

Let's see.

Byrd or Rockefeller.

Both will vote YES even if every single West Virginian called them.

As conservative as this state is, I have no clue how these two keep getting re-elected.

Money, unions, and electronic voting machines.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Play by play?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I only hope it won't be too late.

If they pass this "Obamanation of Legislation" - it will be impossible to undo and will destroy us.

What scares me is that our gov is acting like there won't be any elections in 2010.

Because the government doesn't care if it has to reach into the cookie jar with its right hand when the left hand gets in trouble.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I bet Nelsons office is getting tired of hearing from me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Play by play?

yeah dicky durbin is opening right now
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck Them!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#27]

someone have an address from nebraska to use to email sen. nelson?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Anybody remember the Tom Clancy novel "Debt of Honor"?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How is it even possible people vote for these senators...
IL:  Durbin / Burris
CA:  Boxer / Feinstein
WI:  Feingold / Kohl and a governor named Doyle
MN:  Franken / Klobuchar
MI:  Levin / Stabenow
When I think hard on it, I lose what little faith I've had in my fellow countrymen and the citizens of my current state.

Added a couple.  I hang my head every time I think about it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was under the impression it could not move ahead until the CBO released the markup of the bill, which may happen tomorrow.

Let's see.

Byrd or Rockefeller.

Both will vote YES even if every single West Virginian called them.

As conservative as this state is, I have no clue how these two keep getting re-elected.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
fuck congress

THIS.

Worthless bastards. But who can blame them? They get to laugh all the way to the bank because 90% of America is too busy to care.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm listening to Levin right now. I can't believe this shit. He's attempting to guilt trip the other senators for voting against "the well being of our troops."
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#33]
are they trying to say if you don't want this bill you are against returning wounded troops?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#34]
cspan2 is dark, don't know if they shut it down or if my cable company did it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Still on for me. Jon Kyle R AZ speaking
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Is this the healthcare bill??  seems like a military spending bill.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Have to knock out Military spending, then raising the debt ceiling first.

They're on a schedule to get it al in before the Xmas recess.

Reconvening at midnight EST tonight puts them on that schedule.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is this the healthcare bill??  seems like a military spending bill.

The health care bill is an amendment to the defense appropriations bill.

ETA: Fuck Durbin and Reid
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#40]
well they are voting now
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#41]
This makes me sick....
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#42]
well I believe this thing they voted on just passed

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#44]
is there
43 nays? or did I miss count as they read the names....?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

is there

43 nays?

I thought i counted 38 or 38 nays

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#46]
will someone clarify what they are voing on?.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#47]
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH   snow and collins voted AYE!!!!

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
will someone clarify what they are voing on?.

It is a cloture vote. 60 or more affirmative votes means that voting on the bill will be delayed no longer, so it looks like 63 yea votes. There will be no more debate before the vote. We are fucked.

ETA: I guess I was wrong. They still get 30 hours to debate.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#49]
and passed......
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if they know how fucking BAD this looks when they do this kind of thing in the dark of night. You would have to think so but either they are oblivious and just plain fucking stupid or they know the fix is in come election time.

They not only don't write the bills anymore, they don't even bother to read them before voting on them and have the unmitigated GALL to stand in front of a TV camera and admit it with a straight face!

The Kenyan took office and immediately there was a 2000+ page bill that just HAD to be acted upon post haste. Can anybody tell me WHO THE FUCK WROTE IT?

Any of the above actions (or lack thereof) should be grounds for dismissal from the body at a minimum and probably prosecution if we were to actually go by the letter of the law.

The scary thing is they can't be that stupid so that makes me wonder if they figure ACORN will take care of the next set of elections. They must think somehow they will be safe.

If there are lots of "problems" in key elections in 2010, I think there will be violence.

PS

Can you beleive that FUCKING franken (stein) is in the head chair? There's a STOLEN seat by god.

The STUPID leading the deaf and dumb.

JESUS CHRIST

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top