Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  She had been a next door neighbor and my younger sister's age...six years younger than me.

About ten years after I joined the Navy, we started dating.  She was a hot blond and a junior at UCLA.  One of the best dates I EVER had was with her.  We ate at a great restaurant along the Kali coast, got stinking drunk on champaign, then went down on the beach and played in the sand!  

I liked her a lot...but we hadn't gotten real serious.  I spent a bit of time with her and her folks...but one day I got there and they were loading up the boat for a weekend trip to the Colorado river.  When I wasn't asked to join them...and had rec'd no notice from her beforehand...and could FEEL the cold shoulder from her parents...I hit the road, for good.  I knew her father didn't think much of me anyway...we had been too close as neighbors.

Anyway...it is said that the best revenge is success.  I KNOW her father NEVER expected me to every make anything of myself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in highschool I dated Sharon, a very nice Chinese girl. We liked each other just fine, but her China-born parents could not stand being in the same room as me. It was because I was a "round eye barbarian".
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eventually after I broke up with her, I understand she completely reverted and found and married somebody her parents liked within a year.

Any idea how that turned out?

Last I talked to her about a year and a half ago or so they were together.

She probably has kids now... yeah, that freaks me out a bit, but whatever.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've never been hated, but I *have* made parents/step-parents afraid of me.  One had a father who was a hunter who, I think, was going to "impress" me with his gun prowess.  Once he saw *me* shoot (and there are probably several HUNDRED THOUSAND people on AR15.com that are better than me), let's just say that he was VERY respectful.

-Troy

Fixed it for you...

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I grew up in "Amish country" and when I was 17 or 18 I tried to date an amish girl. Her dad found out that some "English boy" (as they call non amish people) was sneeking his girl out and he didn't like it. He said he was going to call the sheriff. We went out 2-3 times. Then one day I drove right up to the house and talked to him about it, he was polite but would not let me see her again.  Oh well...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top