Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for your cooperation, drive safely.  (assuming they wernt a dick)

If the were a dick: Sign here, press hard. Once Ive handed them their license, copies of ticket, etc. then tell them, "You're free to go"  as I walk back to my car.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Drive safe

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
"Drive carefully" and usually "Thanks for your cooperation" if it applies.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate your time, drive safe. (Same if they're a butthole.)
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
"Please be carefull pulling out and have a safe trip."
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
last two I got, two different officers, they both said the same thing.

...and thank you for your courtesy.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I haven't made a traffic stop in so long, I think the last thing I ever said to a violator was "Looks like your mule is about to throw a shoe."  
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#8]
"Have a nice day sir.... Oh by the way, my job out here is to make sure that there aren't any illegal guns, bombs, or narcotics passing through my area, and I'm not saying you're doing any of those, but would you mind if I searched your car?"

Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully your day will get better, but please drive safe and remember that you're on US roads, not the Autobaun.  

Seriously though, it usually ended up with "Please drive safe and be careful pulling out into traffic".

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Drive safely.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"please drive safely"

this....always asked myself that as well "how do you tell someone to have a nice day that you just charged them 200$?"
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"please drive safely"

this....always asked myself that as well "how do you tell someone to have a nice day that you just charged them 200$?"
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"please drive safely"

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"please drive safely"

This
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"You are to professional. Not rude or disrespectful, just a little to professional. How about adding, have a nice day at the end of the traffic stop?"

First off what does "to professional" mean? Secondly if you are a motorist and just received a $150 citation for doing 20+ over do you really want the officer to say "have a nice day"?

So how do you end the traffic stop?

"To", "Too", and "Two". It ain't that tough.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#16]
"Please drive safely" works a lot better, it tends to not PO citizens. "Have a nice day" is reserved for the A-Wipes with attitudes and mouths to match.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I tell them to have a safe day or night in my case.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:02:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
From a motorists perspective "Please drive safely"  is even more condescending than "Have a nice day"  

The motorist is going to feel royally screwed if you ticket them.  And if you cut them a break, they are going to be happy no matter what you say.

In Wichita last month, I got nailed in one of their speed traps on Kellog.  The officer signed off with "You gotta slow down here, we are out here all the time"
I thought that was pretty good.  Makes it sound like he regrets having to take your money, and is offering some good advice.

I dont take anyone's money. The state does.

Violators have a tendancy to throw it away.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#19]
One of the ways I learned how not deal with people was to sit in court and listen to the comments/complaints from the motorists the judge. Most of them were in court because the officer (usually a handful of the same officers) made them mad by the way they were talked to. One comment they didn't like was "Have a nice day". When you're a wiseguy to the citizen you become the object of their anger instead of the ticket they deserved.

As a young pup I usually got court dates for my days off, hated that, so made notes on how to avoid it....be decent to decent people. Worked pretty good too. Less OT for court but I didn't care, better than screwing up my "weekends" continually.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dept. policy dictates that we are not allowed to say "Have a nice day."

WTF?

How about "Next time I catch you the dog gets it?"

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#21]
WIth a "'I'll see you in court, officer, and will have my dashboard camera video as evidence that I was not speeding."
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WIth a "'I'll see you in court, officer, and will have my dashboard camera video as evidence that I was not speeding."

Yeah...good luck with that.

I usually say "Please drive safely" and "Thank You for your cooperation" (if applicable).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top