BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I call bullshit. Everyone knows only UPS pulls this kind of crap. Not FedEx.

UPS would conveniently "lose" your shit before they would deliver it.... along with the guns that go through the and mysteriously disappear. They probably have fun shooting out guns and bullets at the annual UPS cookouts. They don't give a rats ass about calling it into the police... if it's suspect they just disappear it and tell you you're SOL.

Gun shows are probably the way to go, but since I hardly leave the house, the online thing works in my favor. Gun shows are like a damned circus freak show in my area.

Now, if the cops come to your house with a warrant and see some shit like this the warning lights will more than likely go off in their heads, regardless of the fact that you're just preparing...

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]

This is why I buy local and pay cash only. I reload for everything except .22lr, 12guage, and 7.62X39. I get .22lr and 12 guage at Wally World. 7.62X39 at gun shows for 75.00 case.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Speaking of hysteria, you are saying this activity predates "homeland security is out to get us"?

I can testify that Fedex and UPS have been taking measures to bring "suspicious" packages to the attention of the authorities, and to allow the authorities to discover "suspicious" packages in their custody since long before the present unpleasantness. My personal experience involves the War on Drugs, but I can assure you that these outfits hold no brief for your privacy or your property rights.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Speaking of hysteria, you are saying this activity predates "homeland security is out to get us"?

I can testify that Fedex and UPS have been taking measures to bring "suspicious" packages to the attention of the authorities, and to allow the authorities to discover "suspicious" packages in their custody since long before the present unpleasantness. My personal experience involves the War on Drugs, but I can assure you that these outfits hold no brief for your privacy or your property rights.

I wonder if you are also going to be called a liar by "mr. vested interest".
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is buying bullets now enough info to look suspicious?  In the future will it be enough for a warrant?  My brother and uncle just seemed let it go but it kind of pissed me off.

Yes it is under homeland defense guidelines. There were many here screaming for police state type powers, they got them, only now these powers are and will be applied to everyone. The people here that sheepishly supported these measures in the name of "the war against those who hate our freedoms" deserve all of the consequences of their own actions. Just wait until a new administration takes over.

So are you saying that in 2008, we will have destroyed Jihadistan and we can quit worrying about foreign terrorists? If the Left Democrats keep offering up carpetbaggers like John Fonda Kerry and Hitlery Klinton, America won't have to worry about a Democrat getting elected President until 2024.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is buying bullets now enough info to look suspicious?  In the future will it be enough for a warrant?  My brother and uncle just seemed let it go but it kind of pissed me off.

Yes it is under homeland defense guidelines. There were many here screaming for police state type powers, they got them, only now these powers are and will be applied to everyone. The people here that sheepishly supported these measures in the name of "the war against those who hate our freedoms" deserve all of the consequences of their own actions. Just wait until a new administration takes over.

So are you saying that in 2008, we will have destroyed Jihadistan and we can quit worrying about foreign terrorists? If the Left Democrats keep offering up carpetbaggers like John Fonda Kerry and Hitlery Klinton, America won't have to worry about a Democrat getting elected President until 2024.

Gee, I thought I mentioned that these laws were being applied to everyone and not written to specifically target non-citizens. If you like federal law enforcement incrementally butting in and superceding state and local jurisdicitons, then I am happy for you.

Yours in thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis,

Peace be with you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#8]
My UPS man is my  daughters Godfather, and I helped him get his job at UPS

he just bitches when I get a ammo delivery
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Police show up at my door every time I get an ammo delivery.

Of course, they have to pay me for their portion of the order first.

BTW: A different driver every time.  This week it was a really cute redheaded lady.  I hope she stays around awhile.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#10]
If the cops are going to go around Texas asking questions of every person who has purchased more than a 1,000 rounds of ammunition in a single purchase, they are going to be very, very busy.

In any case, I've been getting ammo delivered mail order in 2,000-4,000 round lots for the last four years or so and have never had an issue with it other than the guys who deliver it really hate lugging it around.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
As for Homeland Security...if the cops want to ask me about my stuff, by all means. Ask. And if I'm a bit testy, I hope they'll understand. But if they are coming to reassure themselves that I am NOT Mohammed, I'll live with it, albeit grudgingly. Am I giving up a freedom? No. I gave THAT up when I got married and like a lot of us, I take my share of flak from my wife about all the shooting I do. Shrug.

Just a bit of advice, everyone should get it out of their heads that all of these laws and guidelines were specifically put into place to apply to "mohammed". It is another piece of incrementalism by the successful use of hegelian dialectic.

Imboglidiot, you have been asked many times to get specific and show where the Patriot Act says or means all the things you say.  You have yet to do it.  You are full of shit.

If Gore had won and implemented the exact same thing, you wouldn't be saying a word.

Sorry LArry, I am in complete agreement with Imbro on this one.  Hell, if we had a planeload of muslims, we could only check out 2 or 3 before it being called profiling.  

TXL
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#12]
No problems here!
My UPS driver is used the ORM-D labels on my packages. Let's see in the last month he's brought in 5,000 rounds of .223 match and 1,000 .308 Nato. I always tell him its for my wifehroughNext purchase is 800 7.62x54R, only $60 from Aim, for my wife's Mosin/Nagant M91/59 carbine! Hope my UPS guy is working out!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
This is nothing new.  It was a UPS driver reporting deliveries of gun parts that started the investigation at Waco.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Gee, I thought I mentioned that these laws were being applied to everyone and not written to specifically target non-citizens. If you like federal law enforcement incrementally butting in and superceding state and local jurisdicitons, then I am happy for you.

Yours in thesis, anti-thesis, synthesis,

Peace be with you.

Gee you may have mentioned it, that does NOT make it so.

Still waiting for you to PROVE your bullshit, Imbroglidiot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#15]
You are one funny little man. Now go run along and play so that the adults can talk.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You are one funny little man. Now go run along and play so that the adults can talk.

I see you are still dodging the question, just like you do every time someone calls your bluff.

"so the adults can talk"????  That's hilarious coming from a brainless fuck like you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see you are still dodging the question, just like you do every time someone calls your bluff.

"so the adults can talk"????  That's hilarious coming from a brainless fuck like you.

When one engages in personal attacks, one has already lost the argument.

I will bend like the reed in the wind.

Peace be with you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When one engages in personal attacks, one has already lost the argument.

Peace be with you.

Then you lost a long time ago.  You disguise your personal attacks by insulting anyone who disagrees with you as a group.

Besides, what do you expect when you spew your bullshit but won't ever answer the questions that are posed to you, asking that you verify and prove your inane blatherings?

Well, moron, you still haven't answered the question.  Why is that?

It's because you are talking out your ass.  You don't have a clue if what you are saying is true and you don't care, both liberal tactics.

You have yet to answer the question and you will continue to dance around it, whining about personal attacks, and generally not have fucking clue about what you speak.

Copy and paste, that's all you know.  The only opinions you have are those given to you by Clinton and Kerry and these left wing nutcase websites you copy and paste from.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#19]
You can continue to say all of your hateful lies about me, but you will always be my friend.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SC_00_05: What Kali-fornia city does your uncle live in. Sounds like BS to me. Sounds pretty fishy to me. I would buy this stuff at the gun shows, the problem is that you've got to take the stuff to your car, which can get pretty heavy.

Ummm, I'm pretty positive my uncle isn't bullshitting me and I know I'm not making it up.  He lives in Carpinteria, north of LA but south of Santa Barbara.   BTW, it could have been for more than a 1000 rounds.  Does UPS pull this stuff too?

This is the first time I've heard of stuff like this personally. My UPS man used to deliver bullets by case, and they were extremely heavy, no problems. He usually waves to me when he see's me driving around  the 'hood. There is something more to the story, just that I don't what it is. Well, thanks for the warning anyways.

No problems on this coast. My UPS man honked his horn at me in a local shopping center the other day. I told him to back his truck into the driveway when he delivers a heavy load.
Damm dogs still bark at the Big Brown Truck though, I jus' don't understand.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top