Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Shit, ever have one of these offices CALL YOU to inquire about things said, why they were allowed to be spoken, and perhaps information on these people. Have you seen the subpoena they serve and how they state that without complete cooperation you will be in violation of federal law?

+1
this site is too valuable a resource for general discussion to get it shut down
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
details!! we want details!

who tried to get ar15.com shut down and why?  and which governmental agency would even handle this kind of thing?

I'm not trying to sound skeptical, I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What ignorance? If you have been a part of this site, then you know it's members have taken part in getting sites shut down by government offices. Have you seen what they do if they get pissed off? It's usually well known that the gov could give a rat's ass about what happens on the net if it doesn't involve a) millions in lost profits, b) their own asses. Outside of that it's a pain for them to do shit and when they do, they usually are not too thrilled with it. Shit, ever have one of these offices CALL YOU to inquire about things said, why they were allowed to be spoken, and perhaps information on these people. Have you seen the subpoena they serve and how they state that without complete cooperation you will be in violation of federal law?

There's a very real issue with pushing limits on the net and when big brother gets involved, you don't want to be a part of it. It's an absolute joy to see their extatic expressions too, like someone gave them some worthless bullshit to clean up not worthy of their time.

Please tell me you didn't just tell us you'd rather collaborate than fight.  

And your implication that you've been served a subpoena under the PATRIOT act....I sincerely hope that isn't true.  And if it is, I sure as hell hope you didn't just roll over for them.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
details!! we want details!

who tried to get ar15.com shut down and why?  and which governmental agency would even handle this kind of thing?

I'm not trying to sound skeptical, I'm just curious.

I AM skeptical.  And curious.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
COME TO WWW.PRE-BAN.COM IF YOUR TIRED OF THIS PC CRAP!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
why can't you talk about it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cuz its a secret silly goose

The chair is against the wall

The Bun is in the Oven

The Salt is in the Shaker.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Uh, because it's an exaggeration.

When you look at the DMCA fights & the dismissed Ford Company suit against blueoval.com, you find that goverment interference with web sites is not at all well tolerated by U.S. Courts.
Is 2600.com still up and functioning?  Uh, yes.
Point and Match!.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Let's not forget the wonderful actions of domestic terrorists who happen to be of other religions, should we make generalizations there?
This is a misleading and I dare say {no I don't dare say because it will be used against me} #$%# statement.
Oh you say. WHAT RELIGION? NAME IT!

This is a generalization taken out of context, but the point is simple. When other actions are taken, even within our own borders, we don't ask rant with a "kill them all" attitude, we ask for the guilty parties to fry.

You tried to make this point in 9/2001 and again now, and it still is nonsense.
Let me be clear on this.
You cannot make generalizations about what few acts of domestic terrorism have taken place in regard to religion because the few domestic terrorists had no connection with religion. BECAUSE:
Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols wanted revenge for the 51-day standoff Waco, Texas.
The Unabomber's manifesto was about Industrial Society And Its Future.
The Earth Liberation Front is a bunch of fanantical PETA and Earth First! types.
BECAUSE
Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols
The Unabomber
The Earth Liberation Front, fanantical PETA, and Earth First!
ARE NOT praised, sermonized about, or worshiped as MARTYRS in temples, synagogues, or churches.

NOW, there is a "Religion of Peace" in the world who have leaders in many countries that hold services where IT IS RECORDED that they make long sermons about destroying Christians, Jews, etc, etc. Since there are many TENS of THOUSANDS of followers in various parts of the world, NODDING IN AGREEMENT TO THOSE SERMONS, YES, generalizations can be made.

I could walk into the largest mall in St. Louis and shout "K-ll all the ---'s" in refering to the types that kill our soldiers and civilians and while I might get stares, no Secret Service agent would be arresting me.

That's what we call "Freedom of Speech" in this country. Not on your board, true.
But everywhere else, yes.

I'm just sad you just don't "get it."
And people obviously have to leave to practice the freedom elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#12]
well I was just curious as to why he couldn't discuss the "attacks".  If it was legal in nature from a private entity threatenting to sue him in civil court then what were the minor victories "they" won? And who sued? and why? And why can't he name them?

if its the government threatening suit, as his statement implies, then who in the government is suing?  Homeland security?  The Secret Service?

If you feel that your freedoms are being suppressed by threat of the government the worst thing you can do is help them cover it up.

It just doesn't seem to make much sense.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's secret squirrel shit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
well I was just curious as to why he couldn't discuss the "attacks".  

It just doesn't seem to make much sense.to publicly discuss it

there. fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Have we become too PC?  No.

Is the pendulum swinging that way?  Most definitely.

I understand about Juan having to walk a fine line between anarchy and "let's pretend" but I think that things have gotten a little too "eggshell" lately.  I started lurking this board right after 9/11 so I've seen a pretty fair share of ups and downs but the overall tone of the site has shifted noticeably in the past few months.

I've bailed on several sites that got too PC for my tastes (GlockTalk and THR) and this place hasn't gotten to that level.  If it does I'll simply find another to call home.

Ultimately it comes down to a board's owner as to how a site is run.  First Ammendment rights do not apply.  As much as I gnash my teeth at some of the stuff that goes on here, I know beyond stating my opinion, there's little that can be done.

If the day arrives that ARFcom crosses my personal "PC Event Horizon" I'll simply discontinue my Team Member status and move on.  There's little else that can be done.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there. fixed it for you.

Wow. You've proven you're at least as adept at quoting as Michael Moore.

I'll rephrase:  It doesn't seem realistic.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't feel ar-15.com is PC at all.
It does what is needed to protect its ass. We all do the same.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there. fixed it for you.

Wow. You've proven you're at least as adept at quoting as Michael Moore.

I'll rephrase:  It doesn't seem realistic.

put up yer dukes partner thems fightin werds.

--Edited to add - Michael Moore? How rude.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
And I guess they said that if you told anyone what they said that theyd come shoot your dog huh?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's not forget the wonderful actions of domestic terrorists who happen to be of other religions, should we make generalizations there?
This is a misleading and I dare say {no I don't dare say because it will be used against me} #$%# statement.
Oh you say. WHAT RELIGION? NAME IT!

This is a generalization taken out of context, but the point is simple. When other actions are taken, even within our own borders, we don't ask rant with a "kill them all" attitude, we ask for the guilty parties to fry.

You tried to make this point in 9/2001 and again now, and it still is nonsense.
Let me be clear on this.
You cannot make generalizations about what few acts of domestic terrorism have taken place in regard to religion because the few domestic terrorists had no connection with religion. BECAUSE:
Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols wanted revenge for the 51-day standoff Waco, Texas.
The Unabomber's manifesto was about Industrial Society And Its Future.
The Earth Liberation Front is a bunch of fanantical PETA and Earth First! types.
BECAUSE
Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols
The Unabomber
The Earth Liberation Front, fanantical PETA, and Earth First!
ARE NOT praised, sermonized about, or worshiped as MARTYRS in temples, synagogues, or churches.

NOW, there is a "Religion of Peace" in the world who have leaders in many countries that hold services where IT IS RECORDED that they make long sermons about destroying Christians, Jews, etc, etc. Since there are many TENS of THOUSANDS of followers in various parts of the world, NODDING IN AGREEMENT TO THOSE SERMONS, YES, generalizations can be made.

I don't believe anyone on this cite would prevent you from making THOSE generalizations.

There's nothing wrong with generalizations like:

All Al Qaeda members are evil and should die.
All muslim terrorists are evil and should die.
All people who support extremist terrorism and the murder of innocents are evil and should die.

There IS something wrong with generalizations like:

Every single muslim - man, woman and child - is evil and should die.

I could walk into the largest mall in St. Louis and shout "K-ll all the ---'s" in refering to the types that kill our soldiers and civilians and while I might get stares, no Secret Service agent would be arresting me.

That's what we call "Freedom of Speech" in this country. Not on your board, true.
But everywhere else, yes.

I'm just sad you just don't "get it."
And people obviously have to leave to practice the freedom elsewhere.

There have ALWAYS been people who have left the site because it doesn't "fit" with their preferences.  Maybe someone wants to post pictures of naked women (didn't SteyrAug get banned, or storm off or something, over that very issue?), or maybe someone else wants to post information on how to make and install your very own DIAS.  Hell, some NAMBLA sicko could show up and want to post stories about his interests.  They also see their "freedom" being curtailed when they're told NO.  

Privately operated internet sites are not  about freedom of expression.  Your freedom on a private site is the freedom of CHOICE - whether to frequent the site or not, and GoatBoy has the freedom to set whatever rules and standards he wants for the site.  He will make the choices he believes are best for the site, and some members might leave, and others will stay, and new ones might arrive.  This is how the site works.

I'm sure GoatBoy pays a LOT of attention to threads like this, but ultimately it is the larger trends that will guide his decisions, not individual cases or gripes.

Just my opinion

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
With the recently locked threads and MickeyMouse just resigning as a mod has Arfcom become to PC?

No

If you want to advocate genocide, go visit stormfront or some other appropriate gathering for your ilk...

It's getting to the point where the 'Muslim Threads' should join the HEAT, MARPAT, TACPOINT, and nude BOTD on the no-no list...

Would make life alot easier for everyone...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, because it's an exaggeration.

When you look at the DMCA fights & the dismissed Ford Company suit against blueoval.com, you find that goverment interference with web sites is not at all well tolerated by U.S. Courts.
Is 2600.com still up and functioning?  Uh, yes.
Point and Match!.

Think what you want, I'm not here to prove anything to anyone. Nobody here is responsible for this shit but me, and since it's my ass on the line I could care less if you're even aware of the situation.

As for the examples above, neither of them is involved in threats against other people's lives. Sure I may take it a bit further by not letting generalized threats to be posted, but all of that draws attention. Go on any site which allows full freedom of speech and post that you want to kill your postman, or your neighbor, or a local political officer. Wait, perhaps you should post about how you think using a bomb to renovate a local school, or a library, maybe a church, or any other place, would be a swell idea. Wait, I got it... why dont you say we should kill all priests because so many have been busted for molesting children! Hmmm, maybe too much, how about we just say kill all the drunk drivers because they're responsible for rising insurance costs in this country... oh and those DUI bastards too since they're just as guilty, but they just happen to have more time to sober up before they got busted! Let's not stop there, why not spout off about people who drink in general, let's kill them all right???

Once you take to threats against life, then the problem is not one that is easily contained. This type of thing WILL become a real problem, especially when people who want to see you fall are watching your every move. Your response is probably along the lines of "no shit I wouldn't say any of those things, I'm not stupid!" and the reason for that is simple, you know that saying those things could land you in a SHITLOAD of trouble! Well, this is why we avoid these types of comments and actively moderate them out. Even general threats and calls to "kill them all" will be met with a very strong response from the site. If you want to risk your own ass, then by all means go put up a site and plaster threats until they come lock you up, but all I ask is that you don't do it here.

With that, I need sleep and am off to bed. This has been a real fun night and made me think on why I bother running this place. I've been meaning to do an upgrade to the site which requires a good amount of down time, perhaps this is the weekend to do it. I could use the break. I'd expect a few hours, but perhaps a few days would be best so people can calm themselves down.

You obviously care if we're aware of the situtation because you've mentioned it in 3 separate posts.  So why can't you give us any details?

I'm not advocating a policy of freer speech than there is in the real world.  I don't advocate allowing people to post death threats or bombing churches etc as that is illegal!

How can you be legally held responsible for what someone else writes/says ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Are we (members) given the same ammount of information as the Site Sponsors when it comes to ARFcom being watched over by the feds? Or have we become your sheeple? Just wondering, since you do have my ISP#, full name, address, etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes it's quite PC here.

It's a nice change from Full-Auto.

But I do think some of the ultra-PC attitudes regarding our enemy in war is going too far.  And some Mods DO have a very hypersensitive PC streak to their enforcement of the CoCs.

But hey - this ain't my house and it ain't my party. I'm just a roving drunk stopping by for a quick brew then moving on to the next house party - maybe the next door neighbor will have some fucking FROZEN VODKA!!!

Ahem...

Now imagine if EVERY gun board was just like Full-Auto (not to pick on FA but... ya' know) - why would anyone want to go anywhere else if everywhere else was the same?

But hey, if I can't say EVERYTHING I want to in a vein-popping rant about Mooslims HERE - I know there's other places I can.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds good. I guess I just wanted to know if you have to keep a copy of all checks ARFcom receives. So you don't have the IRS crawling up your crack off the site.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#32]
What...you mean we have the same high standards as CBS or Al Jazeera.....or we're as circumspect as Alec Baldwin or Spike Lee, the well respected Hollywood Liberal Icons...or our members are held in the same high regard in national matters as NOW or the Black Caucus....

No, we're not too PC, it's just a different game for us.  Maybe we should enjoy having some standards.  Soldiers  have high standards.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I don't believe anyone on this cite would prevent you from making THOSE generalizations.

WRONGO Prof. Happened to several of us just after 9/11/2001
And look at the pole again on page one. You're in the minority

Privately operated internet sites are not  about freedom of expression.  Your freedom on a private site is the freedom of CHOICE - whether to frequent the site or not, and GoatBoy has the freedom to set whatever rules and standards he wants for the site.  He will make the choices he believes are best for the site, and some members might leave, and others will stay, and new ones might arrive.  This is how the site works.
Just my opinion

Oh gee Mr. Prof, Thanks for the lesson on the Internet Forum. Been on the Internet longer than I have, you think?
Oh gee Mr. Prof, I'm not a member of any other firearm forums, car forums, satellite forums, I've only got you to guide me.

Just because someone or a small cabal runs a web forum does not make them “right.” And if they take money or an appropriation from the public for in exchange for memberships, then what what you say is wrong. If you’re going to spout that high-minded ----, then DK-Prof:, dig in your own freaking pocket and refund EVERYONE’S Team Membership money and then it will again be a PRIVATE site for you and “the family.”

Otherwise, I’m betting the IRS considers arfcom a BUSINESS and therefore it’s got more public characteristics than private. If you buy STOCK in a business, {or a membership} you have the privilege of speaking up. Forgot about that, huh?
Nothing makes me madder than statements like yours above. If you take you my money, then act like you took it. What a transparent misrepresentation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm sure anybody would call ARFCOM a business, and that business has rules just like any other business. I will point out this from the CoC

The following are an evolving series of rules for conduct in the forums. Those who choose to break these rules may be warned, have their account temporarily suspended, or be removed from this Website at the discretion of the Staff. Serious violations such as threats of violence or advocating illegal or criminal acts may result in legal action.

and

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

Which I guess applies to Muslims.

Yes they take your money,but they also like any other business make the rules and are very up front about in the CoC .
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my opinion

Oh gee Mr. Prof, Thanks for the lesson on the Internet Forum. Been on the Internet longer than I have, you think?
Oh gee Mr. Prof, I'm not a member of any other firearm forums, car forums, satellite forums, I've only got you to guide me.

Just because someone or a small cabal runs a web forum does not make them “right.” And if they take money or an appropriation from the public for in exchange for memberships, then what what you say is wrong. If you’re going to spout that high-minded ----, then DK-Prof:, dig in your own freaking pocket and refund EVERYONE’S Team Membership money and then it will again be a PRIVATE site for you and “the family.”

Otherwise, I’m betting the IRS considers arfcom a BUSINESS and therefore it’s got more public characteristics than private. If you buy STOCK in a business, {or a membership} you have the privilege of speaking up. Forgot about that, huh?
Nothing makes me madder than statements like yours above. If you take you my money, then act like you took it. What a transparent misrepresentation.

Businesses are not public, they are still private...

I know, I run one (for now), and have worked for several others...

A business owner can post rules and you are trespassing if you violate them... Customer or not...

The rules are posted...

Break them enough and you get banned...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I didn't start the site.  The people that did and the people that maintain the site have much bigger concerns than I do as someone that just visits every now and again.  It's their house and, as a visitor (and no, I don't think my $20. buys me a piece of anything) I respect their rules or I can leave.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my opinion

You may well be right but if this site disturbs you so much then why do you stay on as a member ? pre-ban would be happy to have your money (if you are not already a member there) and will let you (more or less) say about anything.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Yes.
Although it seems to be certain mods/staff more than the site as a whole.

Concur.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#42]
No. Maybe some folks need to learn how to act in public. Yeah, I know that the site is a private site, but it is like going out in public, and some people can't quite grasp how to be civil or even what the word means.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#43]
BTT for the morning crew.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:Otherwise, I’m betting the IRS considers arfcom a BUSINESS and therefore it’s got more public characteristics than private. If you buy STOCK in a business, {or a membership} you have the privilege of speaking up. Forgot about that, huh?

When you signed up for AR15.com, you assented to the terms and conditions of membership and the CoC.  If you don't like those rules or can't abide by them, then you shouldn't have joined.  Your measley $20 paid membership merely buys you an avatar but your actions here are still governed by the CoC.  It does not buy you stock in AR15.com, special privileges or any sort of ownership or management rights in AR15.com
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
You may well be right but if this site disturbs you so much then why do you stay on as a member ? pre-ban would be happy to have your money (if you are not already a member there) and will let you (more or less) say about anything.

Quoted:
Businesses are not public, they are still private...
I know, I run one (for now), and have worked for several others...
A business owner can post rules and you are trespassing if you violate them... Customer or not...
The rules are posted...
Break them enough and you get banned...

In discussions like these, it doesn’t take long for the conformist, neo-fascist to start their lectures and veiled threats with calls for the disgruntled to make a swift exit.

While far removed from the brutal animal of the 1930’s, nevertheless, today’s Internet forum fascist still stands for a centralized autocratic control of public forums headed by a domineering leader, and suppression of even mild disagreement via stern admonishments and threats of banishment.

Notice how the discussion of speaking freely is now equated with trespassing in a quote posted above.

As this thread grows, you will tend to see more negative comments against free expression of political philosophy by a vocal cabal. They will more vocally state that the only acceptable member has the like veneer of gung-ho, jolly-good-fellow false heartiness and agrees to toe the narrow line of their pompous dogmatism by narrowly interpreting the rules or policies affecting people.

The less enlightened, that are more comfortable with a rigidly stratified status-quo, can't even relate to considering disagreement, and when better words fail them, fall back on the old saw of quoting rules as in below:

Quoted:
I'm sure anybody would call ARFCOM a business, and that business has rules just like any other business. I will point out this from the CoC

blab, blab, redundant quote, ect, ad nauseum

Quoted:
When you signed up for AR15.com, you assented to the terms and conditions of membership and the CoC.  If you don't like those rules or can't abide by them, blah, blah, ad nauseum again

Oh, now look at the post directly below. He trips into every stereotype I listed above, and then veers into the sociopathic with a sick anology between free expression and flinging feces!
Some people will go to any extreme to make disagreement look ugly.
Until quite ugly their very writing becomes.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow.  Brilliant FnBrowning.  You can quote.  I'm really impressed.

If you so hate the way this internet forum is run, why did you join and buy a membership in the first place?  Did you not read the CoC before you joined?  You are a guest here and will either abide by the rules of the house or you'll be shown the door.  Nothing new there, and nothing different than what would be expected outside of the internet.  If a guest comes into your house and abides by your rules I'm sure they're quite welcome.  However, if your guest starts flinging feces on your wife I'm sure you'd show them the door.  Same thing here; you're in someone else house, try not to shit on the sofa please.

You're welcome to disagree here, but do it within the rules and the CoC.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh great, FNBrowning decided to IM his reply to me...

>If you so hate the way this internet forum is run,
Your exaggeration, disagreement is now interpreted as hate. Narrow minded.

>why did you join and buy a membership in the first place?
None of your god-damned business!

>Did you not read the CoC before you joined?
I can read and evidently compose, better than you are capable of.

>You are a guest here and will either abide by the rules of the house or you'll be shown the door.
What by you? A team member? Got a special dispensation as a bouncer do you?

Nothing new there, and nothing different than what would be expected outside of the internet. If a guest comes into your house and abides by your rules I'm sure they're quite welcome. However, if your guest starts flinging feces on your wife I'm sure you'd show them the door. Same thing here; you're in someone else house, try not to shit on the sofa please.
>Asinine analogy. Now disagreeing in public is compared to flinging shit. What a forum fascist!

I plowed your type under in my post. You are just too stupid to comprehend it.

Have a nice day, Mr. Conformist.

Bottom line here, FNBrowning, is that you chose to join this site and abide by the rules. No one twisted your arm or held a gun to your head.  You read (or should have read) the rules and the CoC before joining and when youjoined you assented to those terms.  If you can't abide by those rules then you shouldn't have joined, or don't be surprised when you get shitcanned.  And no, I'm not a mod or bouncer, and I don't have any more rights here than you, but if you constantly break the rules, I'm sure a mod or administrator will ban your ass.  What happened to Balzac is a perfect example.  

Me a conformist?  Not by a longshot, pal.  But I will abide by the rules and show respect for my hosts.  If that makes me a conformist in your eyes so be it.  Not that it makes any difference since I really don't give a shit what you think of me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my opinion

Well- the reason I felt the need to explain is that you're prattling on about "freedom of expression" on a privately owned board, and that's usually something that complete newbies and people with no understanding at all about how the real world works do.

You sure are defensive.  Lighten up Frances

I was just telling you my OPINION - need need to take it so personally.

There is NO misrepresentation here - only a grotesque misconception on your part.  

You did NOT buy OWNERSHIP in ar15.com when you sent in $20, $60 or $100. You bought the right to POST here, within the rules and regulations set by the owners of the board.  You being able to post on this board - like you are doing in this thread - is what you purchased.  how are you not getting that?  Where is the misrepresentation?   The only problem here is that you do not seem to comprehend what you purchased, and you mistakenly think that buying a mambership somehow entitles you to have a say in site policy and be a part owner.

Sheesh - whay are you having such a hard time understanding such a simple fact.  For someone who claims to be such an old hand at the internet, you sure don't come across that way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The site has become too PC.  Unfashionable views are not invalid (the Readers Digest version of Jeff Cooper on the exhilaration of fighting).

The Bear Pit is the best place to blow off steam (or pre-ban.com) if you think your post is too course for GD.

Keeping in time with the local spelling nazi......

It's coarse..not course.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top