Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe the short sightedness of some people posting in this thread.

Some of you wouldn't change a couple words in your vocabulary to help win over the moderate fence sitters to help gun rights? No wonder the anti-gunners have made the progress they have.

because it's fucking stupid and ridiculously transparent.    This is 50x worse than "freedom fries"

No , what is stupid is knowing that there is an effective way to fight the enemy, and not making a tiny effort to do it. It doesn't matter how stupid it sounds. The fact is, words mean things, and affect people's emotions and their views on things. It especially makes a difference in the minds of the people we are trying to sway, people we know are not going to sit through our logical thesis on why these guns are ok for us to have. They don't know the constitution, and will never bother with learning it, or any other myriad of things they need to know, but they will go out and vote, and they will cancel your well educated vote out.

When you are stuck in one of the states that has banned every damn thing, you'll be wishing you'd taken the easy, stupid way out.

I want to call it an assault rifle too.

Banned what?  AK's in 7.62x39?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to continue calling an AR15 an AR15, because that's what it is. It doesn't need a fuckin bow on it, we're not on the set of Mad Men creating a sales pitch over here
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm going to continue calling an AR15 an AR15, because that's what it is. It doesn't need a fuckin bow on it, we're not on the set of Mad Men creating a sales pitch over here

Only Colts are AR-15's.

Bushmaster makes an XM-15

Mine is an EA-15
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just call it MY rifle. its mine and they cant have it. thats all they need to know.

While I agree with this I will be calling mine my "semi-automatic homeland defense rifle".

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
How about we just call them rifles?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just call it MY rifle. its mine and they cant have it. thats all they need to know.

While I agree with this I will be calling mine my "semi-automatic homeland defense rifle".

YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY HOMELAND DEFENSE RIFLE ALET ALET!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How about we just call them rifles?

because it's a car been
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]
WE never call them "assault rifles," THEY do.
But "home defense gun" sounds good.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
You know what?  I like the way assault rifle sounds.  Thats what I'm calling it.

I'm not going to be a PC homo over my fucking rights.  These things are supposed to be scary and supposed to cause a bitchy and overreaching government to NOT like them.  I want to give them pause and think to themselves "do I really want to try to round all these up????"

I'm not calling them "smallbore paper-punching aluminum target rifles for non-aggressive doughnut-munching middle-class lardasses to shoot at the range only"

Here are my ASSAULT RIFLES YOU Politically Correct weaklings.  OH FUCK LOOK!  HIGH CAPACITY CLIPS TOO! AND ASSAULT SILENCERS1  holy shit grow a fucking dick people!  The fucking libs are laughing their asses off that it's 2013, they have the blood of 20 dead kids to dance in, and we are trying to change the lexicon by coming up with cute names for our guns.  

WHAT THE FUCK!  YOU ARE DAMN FUCKING RIGHT IT'S AN ASSAULT RIFLE, AND IT'S YOUR RIGHT TO OWN ONE!

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#10]
So would my M1, which actually is a battle rifle, now be at homeland battle rifle? Or a homeland defense battle rifle?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You know what?  I like the way assault rifle sounds.  Thats what I'm calling it.

I'm not going to be a PC homo over my fucking rights.

Here are my ASSAULT RIFLES YOU Politically Correct weaklings.  OH FUCK LOOK!  HIGH CAPACITY CLIPS TOO! AND ASSAULT SILENCERS1

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2rh8o5x.jpg

What he said
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#12]
No, it's a militia arm.

Call a spade a spade.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine is a Colt Match Target.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#14]
i like the term Homeland Defense Rifle...always have.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll do "Home Defense" instead of "Homeland Defense"

"Homeland" sounds a bit Third Reich...

my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]
You're not the boss of me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Family protection rifle.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Some of you may not like it, but considerations such as this are powerful. Proper linguistics are effective, and this war will be won or lost in the arena of public perception. It's no accident that our enemy has dropped "gun control" and now pushes "gun safety" or "preventing gun violence."

All good ideas:
- Personal Defense Weapons
- All-purpose Rifle (AR)
- Homeland Security Weapon
- Defensive Carry Weapon
Etc

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
First Responder Rifle
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top