Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
They invented the SCAR, mismatched colors and all. I bet it costs more than a SCAR because HK.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh snap.
On a more serious note, I'm wondering why they didn't just go with the 416. From everything I've read the A5 has addressed most of the platform's quirks. France just bought a giant pile of them, and it sounds like the UK might finally dump that POS SA80 for them as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did they rip of FN this time instead of Colt?

Oh snap.
On a more serious note, I'm wondering why they didn't just go with the 416. From everything I've read the A5 has addressed most of the platform's quirks. France just bought a giant pile of them, and it sounds like the UK might finally dump that POS SA80 for them as well.

The more time goes on, the more fixes are introduced with the HK416.

One of the latest ones you don't see, which is the protective basket for the disconnector tail that has been getting beaten to death.

I wonder what fixes will be on the HK416A6?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd better start saving now. Big things were eluded to by Jim Schatz on HKPro, with the factory being built in the US, and this probably being the other this.
View Quote

Looks like HK is moving out of New Hampshirestan, to SC, and expanding the Columbus operation.

HK move news
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, they had to set up larger operations in the US due to the fact that they cannot export from Germany to other countries because of illegal arms exportation.  See example  CrookedH&K
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Design ripped off from XCR.  Typical BS
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No one's trying to trick anyone.  The XCR is simply one of the best.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:04:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Just accept the AR as the master race already and use the damn 416 like your neighbors in Europe.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No one's trying to trick anyone.  The XCR is simply one of the best.
View Quote

Who adopted the XCR again?

Looks like someone tricked himself.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yea, they had to set up larger operations in the US due to the fact that they cannot export from Germany to other countries because of illegal arms exportation.  See example  CrookedH&K
View Quote

Illegal according to whom? The limpwristed German government? Interpol? Some bullshit UN committee?

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:11:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like an ACR and an ARX.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

HK allegedly had plans to fix the G-36 back in the day and it got nixed by the German MOD as the G-36 was "good enough".

Frankly...I like the G-36.  It needs to correct some issues like the heat problems and holding zero but that isn't a problem that couldn't be solved with some additional metal in the chassis.  

Overall, the G-36 has a very reliable basic system.  It is ergonomic, compact (version depending), and simple to keep running.  It works great in multiple barrel lengths, both suppressed and un suppressed.  It is not ammo sensitive and it doesn't require constant lube/clean/lube.  

Get some decent rails, add a robust optic mount/rail on top, get the heat issue fixed...and it's a good system.  

The K version in 300 Black would be a solid PDW.
View Quote

Maybe that's just the EOtechs they're using?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What did the author mean by this?
View Quote

Well, if it's got an Ugg boot, that probably means the stock is fuzzy, and the gun hangs out in bars sipping martinis, hoping an M-14 or a FAL will hit on it. Come closing time, it'll probably settle, and go home with an M-4.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:47:41 AM EDT
[#14]
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/kolob2/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Plastic is for Toys.   Here are some real rifles:  1)  XCR-M Mini .308, 2) XCR-L 5.56, 3) XCR-M .308 Competition.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like it takes both G-36 mags and AR mags. Will be interested to see how this turns out.

Quoted:

Illegal according to whom? The limpwristed German government? Interpol? Some bullshit UN committee?

Fuck 'em.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck 'em.

Germany. Like with Sig, they can easily revoke export licenses. Sig can no longer export to the US because some pistols we bought for the Mexican government were turned around and sold to cartels. That is why we're only getting USA made Sigs now if I am not mistaken.

HK has more restrictions with rifles, as they can't be compatible with full auto parts. This means a redesigned lower, as seen on the MR223. It has been on sale for years in Europe before they can out with the US model, and is or was the only AR approved for sale in Norway. They put a lot of effort getting their products to the market, but both their tough export and our tough import laws make it hard for them. To put it bluntly, if they sold the M223 as is here people would've thrown a fit because the upper could not attach to a regular AR lower.

Expanding the factories state side is really the only way they can do it. Given how their guns were banned in the 90s I can see why under Obama they were cautious, but now with Trump in office we may see them get back in the game.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like no one has grown up here in 13 years.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:53:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Where'd you get the photos and who are the guys in the bottom?

So here we are, every country in the world is modernizing their small arms and were still stuck with the M4.

We are now the last, first world country to use a rifle with 3,000-6,000 rounds bolt and barrel life and a non free floated button rifled barrel. It feels good to be last in small arms. At this point with everyone getting new rifles our M4's are becoming incredibly dated.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looks pretty clear they ripped off the ACR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which ripped off the Robinson XCR.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:20:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:27:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I didn't see "Must not melt with moderate firing".
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:32:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is amazing.  Another plastic copy of the now 10 year old Robinson Armament Co XCR-L Rifle.   It's taken H&K 10 years to make a copy?   The XCR-L and its big brother the XCR-M are arguably the best designed tactical rifles on the planet.  Not only do they have the best ergonomics, great durability and reliability, but are IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in 5.56, .300 BLK, 6.8, 7.62x39, and 6.5 Grendel (yes, 6.5 Grendel is shipping.)   The XCR-M model is IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in .308, .243, .260, and 6.5 Creedmoor.   I have several of these and have shot them in many of these calibers.   The new 2017 models are also now very accurate.  Where the SCAR, ACR, and MCX have promised; Robinson Armament has delivered.   www.robarm.com
View Quote

I can't believe you put something up like this seriously. So I'm going to say as a troll I wish you had at least wasted a few posts to catch us off guard.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:33:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looks like a Robinson Arms XCR to me.
View Quote
That was my first impression.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:46:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks cool.

Tag to read later.  But, H&K thread in GD, so I'm sure the every page is full of derpy derpness from the usual retards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:46:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/kolob2/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Plastic is for Toys.   Here are some real rifles:  1)  XCR-M Mini .308, 2) XCR-L 5.56, 3) XCR-M .308 Competition.
View Quote

Not everything HK makes is superb, but they do built guns for more than bubba the redneck. Wish the same could be said for the brands you seem to have an odd fascination with.

I'm sure the many elite military units around the world using Glocks will toss those plastic toys in the garbage though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

13 years, 6 posts, and you waste 7 and 8 on a ND complaining about people shitposting.

Bravo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:04:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

One of the latest ones you don't see, which is the protective basket for the disconnector tail that has been getting beaten to death.

View Quote

What, again? 6 generations already. Fuck.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy the 416 either. Sounds like HK is using customers to do product testing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#28]
In before the HK fans jerk themselves silly over the news.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Manufacturers with limited understanding of material properties &/or manufacturing capability should acknowledge their limits & stick to what they know.  Others with more saavy & capability will continue to advance the industry forward.

TL;DR version: acknowledge your limits, play it safe, & leave the heavy lifting to the pros.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:14:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In before the HK fans jerk themselves silly over the news.
View Quote

Too late, I'm gonna have some chafing tomorrow because of this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
The irony is that IIRC the ACR was basically made to address the deficiencies of the G36. I do love my ACR though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like three bears and an MSBS had butt sex, and on an unrelated note they simply copied the ACR and looked at current copies like the MSBS and Bren 806
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So here we are, every country in the world is modernizing their small arms and were still stuck with the M4.
View Quote

When most countries modernize, they adopt the M4.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cause all the flaws outside of suppressed 10 inch full auto use that people point out in 416/IAR threads

are true?

Edit.  I'd like to see this one win, just for the meltdown.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/steyr_mannlicher_stm556-tfb.jpg
View Quote

I don't think for a second that HK gives a shit about the deficiencies of the 416.

For the record, I do NOT like the 416 after having trigger time behind the MR556, and a 416 upper.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks like a SCAR 16 and ACR had sex or they just copied the two together.
View Quote

Sure does
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#36]
It's nice some of you HK haters have all these negative opinions, "not for me", "I don't like it"...etc.

It doesn't matter what you think because this gun is not intended for the US, either military or civilian.  It's a direct response to German armed forces request for a modular rifle that is more cost competitive than a 416.

Given that the German armed forces have been raised on the G36, this is HK's "modernization" of their flagship German armed forces weapon.  The charging handle, paddle magazine release, gas regulator, folding stock, negative space attachment points that they pioneered with the XM8.

I think it's quite amusing how some of you are braying like donkeys being eletro-ejaculated about how you'll never buy one and how it will be too expensive to buy here.  Newsflash, you're not going to be offered the opportunity to purchase it anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is amazing.  Another plastic copy of the now 10 year old Robinson Armament Co XCR-L Rifle.   It's taken H&K 10 years to make a copy?   The XCR-L and its big brother the XCR-M are arguably the best designed tactical rifles on the planet.  Not only do they have the best ergonomics, great durability and reliability, but are IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in 5.56, .300 BLK, 6.8, 7.62x39, and 6.5 Grendel (yes, 6.5 Grendel is shipping.)   The XCR-M model is IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in .308, .243, .260, and 6.5 Creedmoor.   I have several of these and have shot them in many of these calibers.   The new 2017 models are also now very accurate.  Where the SCAR, ACR, and MCX have promised; Robinson Armament has delivered.   www.robarm.com
View Quote

As soon as I can buy the promised belt-feed and bren kits for an M96, I might consider RobArm to be a viable vendor. Hell as soon as I can buy spare PARTS for an M96, I might consider Robinson Arms. They produced a rifle, promised a bunch of stuff for it, and then turned it all off. What a useless company.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You came out of the shadows to use your 4th post in 12 years on that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh snap.

Yup, Stoner's original design is still the best
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like they took the G36 (AR18) and put it in a 416 receiver and slapped a folding stock on it. The 416 already used a AR18 gas system. Now probably uses the AR18 bolt too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, there's even a wow sub forum here. Lacks big name aftermarket support, but there's a cult following and some seriously cool aftermarket parts for it.
View Quote

It had such potential 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It had such potential 
View Quote

I'm considering dumping my Colt 6940P for one, now that Bushmaster has promised barrel assemblies and spare parts (again...)
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Much H&K. Much innovation.

Why? I thought the Hk416 was perfection...

Negatives (IMO):
charging handle too far forward
dickmod
monolithic upper
folding stock

Positives:
it's not covered in 1913 rails/NAR
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Damn. You guys would bitch during a free BJ from a toothless Taylor Swift.

I have as much hate for how HK treats the U.S. market as anyone else, but jesus. It's a great looking rifle that hopefully fixes the 416s and G36s problems. Maybe it'll eventually get sold to us peons, but y'all act like it's a $5,000 Hi-Point that slapped your mothers ass.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fZEh19qRw9o/WJRqUiugVhI/AAAAAAAAEFI/tDcTNGLRR20YiNY4I-O-RVaF__VBHc0ZwCLcB/s1600/433-02.jpeg

Negatives (IMO):
dickmod
monolithic upper
folding stock

Positives:
View Quote

At least we know Europe is coming to it senses on the dumbass Bullpup concept.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fZEh19qRw9o/WJRqUiugVhI/AAAAAAAAEFI/tDcTNGLRR20YiNY4I-O-RVaF__VBHc0ZwCLcB/s1600/433-02.jpeg

Negatives (IMO):
dickmod
monolithic upper
folding stock

Positives:
View Quote

How is a monolithic rail a negative on this when it's touted as a must-have on ARs?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Damn. You guys would bitch during a free BJ from a toothless Taylor Swift.

I have as much hate for how HK treats the U.S. market as anyone else, but jesus. It's a great looking rifle that hopefully fixes the 416s and G36s problems. Maybe it'll eventually get sold to us peons, but y'all act like it's a $5,000 Hi-Point that slapped your mothers ass.
View Quote

I'm a HK fanboy. I have their USP Tactical.

I sleep with it, I pet it while it lays with me on my pillow. I call it sweet names. 

Seriously, other than the G36, HK has been making really good quality stuff. I still think the M4 is the best and will never be topped until a entirely revolutionary assault rifle is designed. I think Germany would be better served with a German made M4.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh snap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh snap.

The 416 was probably too American
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

HK allegedly had plans to fix the G-36 back in the day and it got nixed by the German MOD as the G-36 was "good enough".

Frankly...I like the G-36.  It needs to correct some issues like the heat problems and holding zero but that isn't a problem that couldn't be solved with some additional metal in the chassis.  

Overall, the G-36 has a very reliable basic system.  It is ergonomic, compact (version depending), and simple to keep running.  It works great in multiple barrel lengths, both suppressed and un suppressed.  It is not ammo sensitive and it doesn't require constant lube/clean/lube.  

Get some decent rails, add a robust optic mount/rail on top, get the heat issue fixed...and it's a good system.  

The K version in 300 Black would be a solid PDW.
View Quote

That whole not holding zero due the heat issues of the trunion melting the surrounding polymer...

There are far better firearms currently in production, why put lipstick on a pig?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top