[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a coup!!!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#3]
#1 some folks (1 , maybe 2) with special forum buttons appear to agree with them at times....sometimes more than others.   thats fine whatever

#2 the nevertrumper and shills continued spin undermines their own arguments,  so let them spin away.  Their ever evolving arguments are laughable. Debate them with facts and logic and the observers will see them for what they are.

#3 use their foolishness to fuel you

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My dick is still out.  This may not a Harambe thread but here is some TayTay

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/taylor-swift-thumbs-up.gif
View Quote
I call seconds!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Trolls do get a lot of leeway.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IBTL.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
This is coming from the guy that thinks evolution is a Satanic plot to destroy your soul.

As that one Danish guy would say:

"lol"
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
link to locked thread?
View Quote
Here you go
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have to agree with the other threads

Mods need to man the fuck up and get things under control
or the site needs to be outed to industry as actively supporting the Left.

Pretty simple really
View Quote

Stick to writing about guns.

Stifling dissent isn't the way to victory.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've always said the quickest way to reduce  all this is to institute a rule that requires 50 quality posts outside of GD before access is given.
View Quote
Wonder how more freely administered timeouts would work.  No real set period of time.  Random like in "Steambath".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have one that's slightly used and modded BUT I only take paypal
View Quote
Sweet I'll use my AMEX but promise I won't do a charge back or nothing
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]
nvm
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#13]
This ones getting locked. I can smell it
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Just don't play golf.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]
No website, or business, is too big to fail.

At one time, Woolworths was the King of the Hill. So was Sears, Kmart, and several other companies. Most recently, the mantra was "Walmart will always be on top" but we're currently seeing Amazon kick the shit out of them, bit by bit.

What I'm getting at is that when you only look at the numbers, bad things happen. We've all known a crooked salesman that would do anything to have his numbers be the highest in the company, but totally screws up any customer relationships. That works for a while, but you eventually run out of people. The logic of page views are the only important thing, and trolls generate page views will only last so long.

One by one, long time members are getting tired of dealing with this situation. Once the real members are gone, the trolls will move on to another site, and Arfcom will be standing, holding their dick in the wind.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Could they get control of obvious shills at the same time?  You know, the ones that spam Trump worship videos, etc?
View Quote
We call that MAGA in these parts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Am I not putting a sufficient amount of saliva on his turgid member for you?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Chris
View Quote
It isnt about stifling dissent. Trolls end discussions by getting threads locked. They are the ones shutting down viewpoints and threads about subjects they dont like by getting threads locked by sympathetic mods.

Not sure why people dont get this.

Its a tactic that works with the support of site staff.

Get rid of trolls, or stop locking threads on their behalf, because trolls are starting to run this place.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not true. They get threads locked. That is an issue.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure if they routinely get threads locked they will be banned.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wise you are.

Without an audience reacting to them they grow bored and go elsewhere.

Please don't feed the trolls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem isn't dissenting opinion or trolls, the problem is the retards who need to quote the trolls 20 times per page.

Stop that shit and they'll eventually slink away to disrupt another site.
Wise you are.

Isn't it easier to just ban the trolls?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true. They get threads locked. That is an issue.

They're never the ones that commit the Cardinal sin to get it locked. They just instigate it, like Dave_A did for years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
link to locked thread?
View Quote
Locked threads
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#25]
For the paying members, there is a certain area on this site where you can go to discuss random things without the presence of trolls. It is called the Team Forum and it is basically like GD without all the hostility and faggotry.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I am just here for the post count
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Trolls do get a lot of leeway.
View Quote
Yes they do.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#28]
LOL, the Avila's are going to do exactly what they want to do with their forums.  I don't see a hissy fit swaying them at all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wise you are.

View Quote
I accept this as wisdom.  I will without a doubt double down on my effort not to feed them going forward.  But respectfully, understanding I am a lowly 13'er, but respectfully I ask, why have a rule against trolling if it is not enforced.  The personal attack one seem to get enforced, righteously I might add.  

But there are without a doubt 2-3 guys looking for a fight in any thread about Trump.  I am not complaining about every anti Trump opinion I have a very open mind on the subject being a former Cruz supporter.  There are just certain guys who come in, disrupt, with intent, and won't leave until you mix it up.

That is the point being made.  Just a question and I will leave it alone.  I don't want to be the mutiny guy but it does feel a bit different with whats been going on inside threads, pertaining to what certain guys are stirring up.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Isn't it easier to just ban the trolls?
View Quote
Even easier, they gave us an ignore button.

Working splendidly as you can see.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Could they get control of obvious shills at the same time?  You know, the ones that spam Trump worship videos, etc?
View Quote
Shilling is annoying no doubt, but this isnt about being annoyed. This is about the fact that trolling is against the rules here and the fact that this forum seems to use them to shut down threads.

It interferes with the entire purpose of a forum, which is why it is against the site rules, not that the mods enforce that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to agree with the other threads

Mods need to man the fuck up and get things under control
or the site needs to be outed to industry as actively supporting the Left.

Pretty simple really

Chris
Stiffling dissent is the ONLY way to victory. Its just not good for an open and free society. But those days are gone...

Arfcom will be fun when civil war goes fully hot and a significant numbers of posters are playing death squad weekend warrior against the Left while still posting in GD about politics, trannies, and beans.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It isnt about stifling dissent. Trolls end discussions by getting threads locked. They are the ones shutting down viewpoints and threads about subjects they dont like by getting threads locked by sympathetic mods.

Get rid of trolls, or stop locking threads on their behalf, because trolls are starting to run this place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Because one man's troll is another man's introspective poster, that's why?

If you want to make GD more 'intellectually relevant' get rid of the stupid shit and redundant posts.  That would be a bona fide good start IMO.

And I don't see all that many 'locked' threads and usually, they're for repetitive postings or just people spazzing out regarding Cheese Wiz on a Philly cheese steak sandwich, or how to make the greatest salsa smoothie.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They're never the ones that commit the Cardinal sin to get it locked. They just instigate it, like Dave_A did for years.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Do trolls significantly impact the bottom line of the site? Very unlikely, therefore they don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No website, or business, is too big to fail.

At one time, Woolworths was the King of the Hill. So was Sears, Kmart, and several other companies. Most recently, the mantra was "Walmart will always be on top" but we're currently seeing Amazon kick the shit out of them, bit by bit.

What I'm getting at is that when you only look at the numbers, bad things happen. We've all known a crooked salesman that would do anything to have his numbers be the highest in the company, but totally screws up any customer relationships. That works for a while, but you eventually run out of people. The logic of page views are the only important thing, and trolls generate page views will only last so long.

[color=#ff0000]One by one, long time members are getting tired of dealing with this situation. Once the real members are gone, the trolls will move on to another site, and Arfcom will be standing, holding their dick in the wind.
View Quote
[/color]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because one man's troll is another man's introspective poster, that's why?

If you want to make GD more 'intellectually relevant' get rid of the stupid shit and redundant posts.  That would be a bona fide good start IMO.

And I don't see all that many 'locked' threads and usually, they're for repetitive postings or just people spazzing out regarding Cheese Wiz on a Philly cheese steak sandwich, or how to make the greatest salsa smoothie.

Chris
View Quote
Not really. Its pretty obvious who the trolls are. While I agree about the childish stuff on here, that doesnt really stifle discussion.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Hate to burst your bubble, the response to any negative Trump post is vitreous anger

Try responding to the post, not the poster and then everyone who disagrees with you will cease to look like a troll
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Awww, I was just resting my eyes!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Literally that's been said for 20-years here.

The number of people that want to come into an echo chamber where we all shoot .45 pistols, eat chili without beans, and know that once you go to a .308 carbine the .223 is a laughable plinker are few. They're right, of course, but few in number.

The problem isn't the "trolls" - that rule when away in the Clinton era, it's the way idiots respond to them and encourage them.

Just ignore them and they'll go away. When the adults at one of my parties are having a conversation and one of the kids wanders in and makes a comment we don't respond to it changing the subject to his 5-year old pee brain thought. The adults just carry on with their discussion.

When one of the "trolls" here says Donald Trump is a poo-poo head why react?
View Quote
I said the same thing, ignore the troll, in the Trump Presidential Address thread that got locked, but sure enough the troll accomplished his purpose and got the thread locked. Its a tactic that works on this forum, when if the mods simply enforced the site rule against trolling it wouldnt. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#46]
The trolls got people wound up in the Pres. Trump speech thread.  However it was the personal insults that got the thread locked.  Must find more circuitous ways of insulting trolls.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Plus one to my 87 Taylor Swift.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hate to burst your bubble, the response to any negative Trump post is vitreous anger

Try responding to the post, not the poster and then everyone who disagrees with you will cease to look like a troll
View Quote
Try reading my post again before responding, as you completely missed the point.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Because there's actually a rule against personal attacks and not one against trolling?

The troll rule went away about 10-12 years ago. Did it come back when I wasn't looking?

.... off to check ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:why have a rule against trolling if it is not enforced.  The personal attack one seem to get enforced, righteously I might add.  
Because there's actually a rule against personal attacks and not one against trolling?

The troll rule went away about 10-12 years ago. Did it come back when I wasn't looking?

.... off to check ...
The use of the word troll is gone.  Detrimental to the site is replaced it maybe.  You are right.  I am stupid.  I see it but you disagree.  We disagree, you got stripes and I don't.  I defer to you because you got stripes.

I should have been more careful in wording and my opinion.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#50]
OP needs a safe space.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top