Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:33:02 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
That won't happen.

She needs the support of the 40 or so members of the 'Blue Dog Coalition' to help advance the Dem agenda.

All the democrats have to do is threaten these "blue dogs" a little to get them to fall in line.

And that is what will happen.  All of the blue dogs who have their new pet projects in the pipeline will be threatened by Pelosi.  Do some of y'all really think that a dem would put gun rights ahead of a pork/spending project?

I forgot there isn't a dimes difference between the two parties.  We punished the most conservative group in congress and left the moderates.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:35:16 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The so called 'Blue Dog Democrats' are key on this.

I've written and spoken to Tanner (TN) and to paraphrase "there's no way in hell we'd touch this bill".

I think the success/demise of this bill has more to do with what kind of frenzy the MSM can drum up.  That's when the sheep put down their remotes and make phone calls...scary.
Until they see polls that show that 55% of Americans would support it.  They are all spineless.

You got it!  They vote polls not conviction or what is right!
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:35:31 AM EDT

Quoted:

While I'm inclined to agree with you (a politician is a politician) Tanner wouldn't stand a chance at re-election.  His constituency in rural West TN love their firearms.  He is, after all, a career politician who values another term above anything else.  Not to mention, if he were to vote in favor of this bill, I would make it my mission to air out his dirty laundry.  It would cost me my job, but I'm not married to it anyway.
Who says they care about the polls in their district?  If something is a national consencious then that will be the way they vote.  Add the fact that they are bringing this up way, way before any election and you will have an electorate who has forgotten what happened 15 months before.

ETA if the 94 bill had passed in 93, I doubt that Republicans would have done as well as they did.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:37:14 AM EDT
I've mailed all of my libtard senators and reps 2 or 3 times in the last few weeks. I've even called a couple of offices to reps from out of my state. I'm also an NRA member. Thats about the best I could do for living in the Republik of New York. If there is anything else somebody could suggest that I do to help stop this bill let me know. It seems pretty hopeless from where I live.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:37:43 AM EDT
Quick question: where any of the 12 new co-sponsors republicans?  There was no party designation on the list.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:38:19 AM EDT

Quoted:
I've mailed all of my libtard senators and reps 2 or 3 times in the last few weeks. I've even called a couple of offices to reps from out of my state. I'm also an NRA member. Thats about the best I could do for living in the Republik of New York. If there is anything else somebody could suggest that I do to help stop this bill let me know. It seems pretty hopeless from where I live.

I would recommend perhaps writing some letters to the editor in your local paper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:39:33 AM EDT

Quoted:
ETA if the 94 bill had passed in 93, I doubt that Republicans would have done as well as they did.  

...and the Dems know this. All we have to do is remind them.

The one thing a politician loves more than their agenda is their job...
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:39:59 AM EDT

Quoted:

Educate others of what is going on and encourage them to do the same as you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:40:26 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would recommend perhaps writing some letters to the editor in your local paper.

I will try. But the local paper is called the "Democrat and Chronicle."
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:41:32 AM EDT
Politicians memories only go back to the day of the previous election.  You guys give the Dems WAY too much credit, you think they think like you do - they DON'T, that's why they're Democrats and you're not.  The whole reason they kept losing election after election between 1994-2006 was because they couldn't remember any lessons learned.  Why will this be any different?  THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS.  THEY ARE GOING TO THROW US AND OUR FAMILIES IN JAIL BECAUSE WE ARE NOT EASILY CODDLED AND PACIFIED.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:41:51 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will try. But the local paper is called the "Democrat and Chronicle."

put in anonymous to avoid death threats
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:47:40 AM EDT
And once again a big round of applause for all of you who "TAUGHT" the Republicans a lesson by letting the Demoncrats take control.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:48:55 AM EDT

Quoted:
If it's a House Bill and it's still in the House then it hasn't gone to the Senate.

Once it reaches the Senate the bill again goes to Committee.  The Judiciary Committee will read the Bill.  Orrin Hatch in on the Committee, head of the committee too I think.  Read his response to Medicman, he won't like that broad of wording in the bill.

Hatch was never Chairman of the Senate Judiciary, Arlen Specter was. The Republicans are the minority in the Senate as well (at least as long as Tim Johnson remains a Senator). The current Senate Judiciary chairman is Patrick Leahy, who even though he is not our buddy by any means, is still light years ahead of the senior Democrats who would replace him (Teddy Kennedy is now one step away from being Chairman of the Judiciary if he wants it).
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:50:21 AM EDT

Quoted:
And once again a big round of applause for all of you who "TAUGHT" the Republicans a lesson by letting the Demoncrats take control.

I can only blame stupid Republican policy.  They shot themselves on their foot.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:52:02 AM EDT
I'm surprised Delahunt isn't on this yet.  He's another anti-gun schmuck that hasn't responded to anything I've sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:55:25 AM EDT

I think money just got passed around up there in congress.

We have a winner!

I guess the checks from Target, Costco,
and the brady circle jerk just cleared the bank.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:55:49 AM EDT

Quoted:
Quick question: where any of the 12 new co-sponsors republicans?  There was no party designation on the list.

No Republican co-sponsors yet. All 12 of the current co-sponsors are Dems. But you shouldn't let that worry you because there is no difference between the two parties, these are not the droids you are looking for, etc.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 6:55:53 AM EDT

Quoted:

do humanity a favor and go throw yourself off a cliff. Don't procreate.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 7:06:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 7:17:12 AM EDT

Quoted:

Hatch was never Chairman of the Senate Judiciary, Arlen Specter was.

Actually, according to Wikipedia:

Until 2004, he chaired the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Spectre took over chairman of the committee after Hatch.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 7:19:33 AM EDT
This must be "zumbo'd" and fast!
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 7:21:57 AM EDT

Quoted:
The fix is in on this, folks.  The NRA is coy about acting on this threat, they'll wake up to this bill but they're holding off until it's too late so they can have deniability and not lose half their membership for having tacitly supported gun control.  

Where the hell did you get this? Proof?
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 7:25:57 AM EDT

Quoted:
Politicians memories only go back to the day of the previous election.  You guys give the Dems WAY too much credit, you think they think like you do - they DON'T, that's why they're Democrats and you're not.  The whole reason they kept losing election after election between 1994-2006 was because they couldn't remember any lessons learned.  Why will this be any different?  THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS.  THEY ARE GOING TO THROW US AND OUR FAMILIES IN JAIL BECAUSE WE ARE NOT EASILY CODDLED AND PACIFIED.  

Jesus, put a cork in it, Chicken Little!
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 7:30:00 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hatch was never Chairman of the Senate Judiciary, Arlen Specter was.

Actually, according to Wikipedia:

Until 2004, he chaired the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Spectre took over chairman of the committee after Hatch.

You are correct. I had forgotten about that. Someone on another committee left the Senate and Hatch dropped his seniority on the Judiciary Committee in order to take Chairmanship of the other Committee IIRC. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Key point: Patrick Leahy is now Chairman of the Senate Judiciary and is unlikely to help us. If, God forbid, something should happen to Leahy, the order of seniority on the Senate Judiciary committee is Kennedy, Biden, Kohl, and Feinstein. So as bad as Leahy might be, he is a lot better than any of his Democrat replacements.

If Tim Johnson retires after his stroke, then the Governor of North Dakota will likely appoint a Republican and control swings back to the Republicans, which means all the committees shift to favor the Republicans.
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 7:31:12 AM EDT
Personal attacks and a march off into Stupidville.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top