BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]

I've never been there.

Mental Note: Remind me never to go to that store.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
See it can happen to anybody. All you can do is keep your witts about you whether handing someone a gun or receiving one from someone. It's everybodies responsibility to make sure the gun is unloaded.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a range in Baton Rouge that went through several owners some years back. When a certain incopetent and his son took it over I believe they had a negligent discharge or two....but the funny event was when the kid was smoking in the cleaning room put a cig in the red can. I heard he got burned and the ceiling did also. they didn't last long.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys ...remember your BHD!!

Son we don't have hot weapons here..where's your safety?

(wiggling Finger) This here's my safety Sir!

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an AD happen "on my watch." A friend of mine had his gun go off without touching the trigger.

Could be labeled an ND also: cheap unmarked reloads are just asking for trouble.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=11095&r=&page=1

Turned out to be some REALLY sensitive ammo.

The gun discharged out-of-battery when the slide started to slam home.

Sometimes, freaky things occur, hence Gun Safety Rule #1  (Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction).
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Not just G-shops as people say, Alls ya have to do is go to youur local range and look for bullet holes were they shouldn't be ! Above the door to the club house, in the shooting bench, directley above bench, pockmarks in concrete floor around the firing points etc The local police academy gun cleaning room has dozens of ND pockmarks in the linoleum floor and in the walls/ceiling
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cheap unmarked reloads

As a handloader I just dont understand this part...Whats a cheap reload?

~Crp
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funniest AD ND story ever...

Hole in the wall

Fixed it for you.

It is not an AD, it's a negligent discharge.  The guy behind the counter broke a major rule in firearms handling.

Stupid F@ck.

No... I posted a LINK to the funniest story.  You'll have to read it, I think on the part of the guy it happened to, it IS an "AD" in this particular case.  

So yet again I link to "Hole in the Wall": www.accuratereloading.com/holewall.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
"They" always drop the magazine out and assume that there is none chambered or that the magazine safety will keep it from firing...

OOOpppsss!!!    I didn't KNOW the gun was loaded so sorry my friend.......

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

apparently not good enough and the Kimber went off

IT DID NOT GO OFF!

HE PULLED THE TRIGGER WHEN THERE WAS A LIVE ROUND IN THE CHAMBER!

+1

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IT DID NOT GO OFF!

+1

How many people are going to say (+1) to this?  I didn't mean "the Kimber went off" as if it had a mind of it's own, I know the guy behind the counter pulled the trigger. If not I would have titled the post "Kimber fires round by it's self".
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
cheap unmarked reloads

~Crp

I think he means junk reload this was probably caused by a primer not  being seated right
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
had black powder burns. It scared the shit out of everybody.

A black powder Kimber .45. Gotta get me one of those. hr

You beat me to it.

It's hyphen-nazi time. hat
A Kimber .45 that uses black powder would be a "black-powder Kimber .45." A "black, powder Kimber .45" should be kept in a windproof, waterproof case so it doesn't blow away or turn to mud. Chris
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"They" always drop the magazine out and assume that there is none chambered or that the magazine safety will keep it from firing...

OOOpppsss!!!    I didn't KNOW the gun was loaded so sorry my friend.......

a cop here had an ND awhile ago, he racked the slide to clear the chamber and then dropped the mag.  Apparently he didn't understand how automatics work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sign on the wall-Days since last Accidental NEGLIGENT Discharge- 0

There. Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It wasn't an AD, but a couple of years ago at Dong's Sporting Goods in Tulsa, they had a kB of sorts...

They sell a lot of reloading equipment there and have reloading classes on Saturdays. This means a lot of spilled powder in the carpet and a lot of work for the vacuum cleaner.

ANYWAY, the vacuum cleaner apparently became saturated in spite of religiously changing the dust bag and then one evening someone accidentally sucked up a primer...

There was a big hole in the ceiling tiles and the lid of the shop vac canister is still supposed to be in a low orbit somewhere circling the earth!

How does this affect the X-Prize?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

IT DID NOT GO OFF!

You said it!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
cheap unmarked reloads

~Crp

Stay away from American Amunition (Not Federal American Eagle) but American Ammunition, comes in a clear plastic egg carton shaped container. Worst ammo ever, all sorts of double charges, missing primers, KB's with that ammo. It is "factory" reloaded ammo.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I wouldn't return to that store if I were you.  

I see the pussification is working as planned.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#20]
The best one that I saw was a guy in our hunting club that shot the skinning rack. He came back in from the hunt with his rifle loaded into the campground(1st mistake). Then he started to unload a Browning BAR 7 mag by pulling the bolt back and forth under the skinning rack(2nd mistake). He then counted only 3 rounds from the rifle when he knew that he loaded 4(3rd mistake).He precedes to pull the trigger under the skinning shed with the muzzle pointing up shooting a hole thru the skinning shed(4th mistake).Let me tell you a 7 mag is loud inside a skinning shed. He could not hunt for the rest of the season. If it was me I would had kicked him out the club since we had women and children in the campground.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sign on the wall-Days since last Accidental NEGLIGENT Discharge- 0

There. Fixed it for ya.

What took you so long ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#22]
It could just be me, but I ALWAYS get a "lump" in my throat when I have to dry-fire a gun prior to disassembly (Glock).  I think I check the chamber about 20 times first BEFORE pulling the trigger IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
cheap unmarked reloads

~Crp

Completely unmarked, the brass had obviously been re-used (offset crimping marks) and the primers were inserted too far in and out of spec.

I am not saying it was a handload reload. It could have very well been done by machine.

Read the other thread I started on what I basically concluded: it was bad primer more than anything else.

I wish I had more info on it. None of the brass is marked with any info, and the box that it came in was just an unmarked cardboard box.

These were bought at a gunshow.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
'

Sign on the wall-Days since last Accidental Negligent Discharge- 0

Fixed it
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#26]
if a person is smart they will learn from such an experience.
I know i have,  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#27]
just curious do they have to report the gun going off?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
just curious do they have to report the gun going off?

In some places, you have to report all discharges in an "inhabited" dwelling. Other places, it's actually a felony.

When I had my little "experience" the guy in the next room heard a thump - He thought it was a book falling on the floor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

IT DID NOT GO OFF!

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top