Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure he'll send a nice thank you card...  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorta-funny..But probly a bad idea
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Obama!

Just sent him a gift membership :)

Boxer/Pelosi/Feinstien/Clinton are next...

nolo

Be funny if he sent you membership for the NAACP
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah lets get them voting member status.  That will help us a ton!  Lets make them members of the Republican party too.

+1

"gun owners really back me [obama], they've even given me gift membership to the NRA because of my position on common sense gun control... i will not let them down when elected with one-gun-a-month legislation and a new assault weapon ban"

good job morons...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should have sent your money to the NRA-ILA if you wanted to help protect the 2A.

I give to GOA.
I couldn't find "gift membership" for them, or I would've had the anti's join them too.

As 82nd said, if you want to help protect the 2A, give your money to NRA-ILA.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Michael Moore was supposedly an NRA member also. So he could look like he wasn't a lib/hypocrite.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, sure you did.

this.  guarantee it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, sure you did.

this.  guarantee it didn't happen.

Jeez...  

Guarantee it eh?  Willing to make a little wager?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should have sent your money to the NRA-ILA if you wanted to help protect the 2A.

I give to GOA.
I couldn't find "gift membership" for them, or I would've had the anti's join them too.

You know that Heller was almost derailed by the NRA eh?  You think the NRA is more or less pro-gun than the GOA?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Obama!

nolo

Be funny if he sent you membership for the NAACP

that would be hysterical!  If he gifted me a membership, I would accept it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#11]
uh, BAN?

That is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#12]
dude, what were you thinking
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
that's one of th stupidest moves I've seen in a while
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Obama!

nolo

But yet you cant buy a membership to arfcom.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

So NoLo's opinion doesn't count because he doesn't "buy" membership here.  Kinda Elitist wouldn't you say.  Not everyone finds spending money on team membership worth the money.  Why don't you start a campaign to ban everyone who doesn't buy a membership so you can keep your little country club all to yourself.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So NoLo's opinion doesn't count because he doesn't "buy" membership here.  Kinda Elitist wouldn't you say.  Not everyone finds spending money on team membership worth the money.  Why don't you start a campaign to ban everyone who doesn't buy a membership so you can keep your little country club all to yourself.  

I personally think ARFCOM should be a pay only site. It would keep the riff raff out for sure. But not my site, not my rules.

Of course your failed to read the entire thread. Sorry I didnt spell it out for the slow ppl. The meaning of my statement was this: If your going to WASTE (and that is what it was) money on something, why not buy a membership to here?

I guess I needed to spell it out like I said.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I personally think ARFCOM should be a pay only site. It would keep the riff raff out for sure. But not my site, not my rules.

some of the riff raff yes, but not all
I've plenty of stupid trollish shit from paid members
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

some of the riff raff yes, but not all
I've plenty of stupid trollish shit from paid members

I concur.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I give to GOA.

You know that Heller was almost derailed by the NRA eh?  You think the NRA is more or less pro-gun than the GOA?

A. Back when the NRA attempted that, SCOTUS had a different composition that may well have led to a loss for us.  O'Connor most likely would have sided with the liberals on that case.  When the Court's composition changed, NRA's attitude changed.

B. GOA has never accomplished a damn thing.  Ever.  They are irrelevant.  NRA and SAF are the ones fighting our battles.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So long as his secret service detail has as good a  sense of humor as you think you have you're good to go.

There's no way they'll look into this.

I left them my address on the "from:" field.  I mean, come on.  If you can't give a gift to the future president, then who can you give a gift to??!

I worked at the White House; the protective branch of the Secret Service has absolutely NO sense of humor and scrutinize shit so minute you wouldn't believe it.

They see "threats" everywhere and visit plenty of people every year for no more than you've done.

If your "gift" has been noticed and draws scutiny; you'll be noticed as well.

And scrutinized.

And put on a list.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
A. Back when the NRA attempted that, SCOTUS had a different composition that may well have led to a loss for us.  O'Connor most likely would have sided with the liberals on that case.  When the Court's composition changed, NRA's attitude changed.

B. GOA has never accomplished a damn thing.  Ever.  They are irrelevant.  NRA and SAF are the ones fighting our battles.

+2 (1 for each.)

Where is the GOA is suing to overturn gun bans?  Are they even joining in one of the suits?

(And no, filing an amicus curiae doesn't count.  Put your money where your mouth is.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Obama!

nolo

I hope the NRA sends them a letter saying thanks, but no thanks and deny their application.

The NRA doesn't have the balls to deny him a membership...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top