BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Thats equal to like 20 candy bars. You just dip the stick of butter in sugar and lick it like a popsicle.

Even better, dip it in dark chocolate

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, I always tell my wife we should hand out bullion cubes!  "Chicken of beef kids?"  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My nervous side would say cut it open to see if anything had been put inside, seems really odd to me to give butter.....

Better safe than sorry...worst thing would be for when she goes to take a big healthy bite out of that stick of butter and something is in it...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My buddy's kids both got Halls Cough Drops in their bags (all the writing on them was in Spanish except the name).

Halls is considered candy in Mexico. I'm not even joking about that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Really? Butter? I mean, candy would have been cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Back on Halloween in 1975 I got some hard boiled eggs. I got hit in the head with them by several older kids. They beat the shit out of me and stole all my candy. I never went trick-or-treating again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
So the next kid got the government cheese?

Was it Obama Butter?

CarbineKid did get at least one package of microwave popcorn
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thats equal to like 20 candy bars. You just dip the stick of butter in sugar and lick it like a popsicle.

This...

Some places, people were giving out sealed envelopes.  Inside were peoples resumes...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Probably a fellow arfcomer.

How do you know you went trick or treating at an ARFCOMER's house?

You'll end up with bacon in your candy bag

First thing that came to my mind
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a beer and a bowl of Brunswick stew from one of the houses in my neighborhood.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad always said he was going to give out scoops of ice cream.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]
This year most of the girls were dressed as "slutty......"  or "naughty....."

So next year i'm having two candy baskets. The kids in scary costumes get candy. The kids in trashy/slutty/sexy costumes get condoms.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]

When I was growing up the blind lady next door would hand out a handful of peanuts in the shell.  I don't think that will work these days with all the food allergies.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I told the wife we should look to see if anything was inside the butter. So she fished it out of the garbage pale and went to hand it to me and I said " nah, I don't really want to do that" and she gave me the look and threw it back in the trash
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just remember...

One idiot was executed because he poisoned the treats he gave out one year.
I can't remember the year he did it and where, but I do remember the incident very well.

He killed family members.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#16]
When I was a little kid I got a chicken leg. At one of the houses we went to I remarked that the chicken they were eating looked good so they handed me a leg.

When I was a kid my mom gave out full size candy bars. One of the houses on my street gave out canned soda.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
"Halls is considered candy in Mexico. I'm not even joking about that."

I was wondering if it had something to do with the air quality in Mexico City...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#18]
You must have stopped at the Buttertons' house
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I call bullshit on the no candy tampering post.    When I was a kid growing up in San Diego, some scumbag had put poison in Pixie Stix that were given to children.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I prefer bacon and candy cigarettes.

Interesting trivia:  there has NEVER been an instance of tampered halloween candy EVER recorded or reported.

That's got to be bullshit. I found a sewing needle in a Snickers when I was a kid. That was in the 74. I can't possibly be the only kid in America to get F'd up candy.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#21]
and to think that all I got this Halloween on a trick or treat was a jello shot...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top