Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Pfeiffer said the administration is still trying to climb out of the recession it inherited in 2009, and pointed out that the national unemployment rate is now at 6.7 percent.

“We are making progress,” he told Fox News.
View Quote

Sure it is.  And I'm 50 feet tall, purple, and have 3 arms.

They're not just transparently full of shit - they're demonstrably full of shit.   Leave the labor force participation at where it was when this started and all the employment gains evaporate.  And that's just *one* way they cook the books.

They put this shit out there because the gullible Subaru-driving NPR listeners will parrot it all over the place.   Pretty much everyone else either knows better or doesn't care.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Bull fucking shit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
They are making progress. More people are on Government assistance than before Obama was president. Plan is working as designed. tho ensures Republicans will move left (McCain and Graham) and the Right will be called terrorists (Cruz, Lee, Amash, Paul) This will allow RINO's to run a "We will give you free tuff too" campaign. When there dis no difference then Hillary will be elected because it will be cool to make history and vote for the "First (Fill in the blank) President.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But unemployment payments are still it high demand.
View Quote

so much so that they have to pass another emergency bill to extend unemployment payments.........how the fuck does that happen? a no jobs recovery, people getting laid off because of Zerocare, no pipeline extension, imports from Commie China up, heating fuel shortages, rising taxes, rising deductables on insurance, millions getting dropped from their insurance plans. yeah, we're making the turn.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The U-6 rates, which are a better indicator of unemployment, are currently at 13.1% and have been adjusted down from closer to 15% due to "new math".

The administration skews the numbers to promote their agenda, just like before the last election. I don't trust nor believe anything coming out of DC lately via mainstream media.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell a big lie, often enough, with enough conviction and people will begin to believe you. Obama is worse than any fascist, any nazi, any soviet soviet apparatchik, he is a traitor to his country, he is a poser, he is a snake oil salesman, he is a thief, he is a criminal, he is guilty of theft on a level unimagined by the founders. He is the one our founders worried about and warned us about. Problem is he is worse than any of our founders ever imagined, and we are responding pretty much the way they expected. The founders knew human nature...........
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention all the folks who five or ten years ago had a 40K -60K job with decent benefits who are now sputtering along on some $10 or $12 a hour job
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tell a big lie, often enough, with enough conviction and people will begin to believe you. Obama is worse than any fascist, any nazi, any soviet soviet apparatchik, he is a traitor to his country, he is a poser, he is a snake oil salesman, he is a thief, he is a criminal, he is guilty of theft on a level unimagined by the founders. He is the one our founders worried about and warned us about. Problem is he is worse than any of our founders ever imagined, and we are responding pretty much the way they expected. The founders knew human nature...........
View Quote

+1,000, very well said!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The irony is that they are not counting people who have given up looking for work.
View Quote

It' not that they have quit looking, it's the government stops counting them as unemployed after their unemployment benefits have expired. And it's not 99 weeks as is so often stated here on GD. I have been unemployed since the end of March 2012 and I received 63 weeks and that was the end of my benefits. Of course I only worked for 37 years prior to that so I guess I'm the FSA in the eyes of some on this forum. I do not draw food stamps, welfare, section 8 housing, an Obama-phone or any of the other programs. If I didn't have a military retirement/VA disability check I would be in very dire straits.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does it matter?

Obama could murder a child on Live National Television with R.I.P. bullets and people would blame Bush.

He can fail all he wants, people will continue to support him.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate Obama.

Having said that, the baby boomers must be retiring at record levels. Would this cause a drop in participation rate? Could the unemployment number be coming down since boomers are retiring?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They shouldn't give up looking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The irony is that they are not counting people who have given up looking for work.

Kinda hard to look for  legal work when you're making meth or growing pot and having to sell it yourself.

More than likely those doing that aren't on the dole.

People gotta eat.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]
0bama administration could fuck up a wet dream. They are not a credible source for information.

How sad is that to see in writing. The White House is not a credible source of information.

FBHO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
..................and I think Economists consider "Full" employment in this Country to be around 4%.  Does anyone REALLY believe the Obama Administration's BS assertions that we are nearing "Full" employment?  Does it feel that way to you?  

They must think we're really stupid if they believe we'll buy that the economy is that good.
View Quote

Well if you consider 'full employment' to mean that there are less jobs available than persons wanting to be employed... then sure 'full employment' is here
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,000, very well said!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xJxo223YA

Mark, good choice, I don't imagine you have read John D. McDonald's book? one of my favorite.........

our Constitution was supposed to protect us from an asshole like Obama, protect us from his executive orders, impel him to enforce the law, to protect the nation, to protect us from his cronyism, protect us from mob rule, protect us from ourselves. We descending into the rings of Hell if we can't stop this descent we are looking into a Dark Ages more terrible than we can imagine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if they retired?  Or are now stay at home parents.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the increase on the number of disability claims lately? I bet it's up substantially.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#19]
bull f#ckin shite.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Since we kicked the CoC to the curb, no offense, but if you think the unemployment rate is 6.7%, then you've slammed your neck in a drawer and you're dumber than a box of rocks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are not counting anybody they have been told not to count.

BLS data is actually very reliable, FYI.

Yes, I don't doubt that - they exactly counted those they were allowed to count.  

No offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Since we kicked the CoC to the curb, no offense, but if you think the unemployment rate is 6.7%, then you've slammed your neck in a drawer and you're dumber than a box of rocks.

Reading comprehension.  Not here.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well if you consider 'full employment' to mean that there are less jobs available than persons wanting to be employed... then sure 'full employment' is here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
..................and I think Economists consider "Full" employment in this Country to be around 4%.  Does anyone REALLY believe the Obama Administration's BS assertions that we are nearing "Full" employment?  Does it feel that way to you?  

They must think we're really stupid if they believe we'll buy that the economy is that good.

In times past "full employment" meant that everyone who wanted a good paying job had one, with a few percentage points of unemployment for the slackers and losers who are always going to be there to milk the system.  It would be hard to argue that we are near that point in today's economy, unless you're buying the crap being sold by Obama.  I sometime believe he actually thinks he's telling the truth, but then I realize that no it's just because the fucker is evil!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Progress...right into the fucking ground.

Consider 6 out of 10 millennials don't have a job, and that's just one of the many under employed groups. Only the gov't can make math completely void of fact.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here's the official Workforce Participation Rate.   The percent of people actually working.  
http://data.bls.gov/generated_files/graphics/latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2003_2013_all_period_M10_data.gif
View Quote

Yep.

Little more info here:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top