Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Into Canada, or into USA?

It is usually much tougher coming back into the US.

I've never been asked about the guns, but they did test out their new dog on the trucks after they'd already searched them twice themselves.

It did go easier last time when we all used passports.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You mean you fellas in the states dont have kinder surprises??????

I had no idea they were banned. I get them every year from my grandmother and I see them in local stores too...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no idea they were banned. I get them every year from my grandmother and I see them in local stores too...

Hide your dog
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, I have a more difficult time with US Customs than Canadian.

Canadian Customs have always been nice to me. Only once did I have to go in, and that's because I was traveling alone with my then-seven-year-old son. I've probably been over to Canada more than thirty times.

US Customs, almost without fail, are jackbooted sonsabitching assholes.

At least I have this to look forward to.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I've done extensive foreign travel in the last 25 years, both military and civilian. US Customs agents are by far the biggest arrogant lazy pricks in the customs business. I've been treated better by AK toting, US hating third world arabs in Tunisia, than I have been by US customs...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Question: How many guns do you have at home.
Answer: 87
Them: Run and hide and abandon the border. They use to do that on a regular biases.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder what the "probable cause" was for them to ask an interesting question like that.

Were you wearing camo?

Do you resemble (what they might think to be) a biker (Harley, not Schwinn)?

What kind of decals are on your vehicle?

No "probable cause" is required at a border crossing.

They can ask anything they want, and if they do not like your answers or attitude deny you entrance to the country.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#8]
If you stop and think about it - it makes sense from their perspective.  They are trying the determine your firearm ownership so that your future border crossings can be tagged that you have a higher than average possibility of transporting firearms across the border.

Your refusal to answer the question probably got your record tagged as a positive anyway.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]
"Come on over and find out....eh?"
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell, I didn't get questioned that hard when I entered China.

Good on you for encouraging them to mind their own business.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this your truck?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#12]
US government agencies are not allowed to collect certain personal/Constitutionally protected data from US citizens, but they can accept data files from foreign governments who have no prohibition from collecting that data.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#13]
The correct answer is.
"Two.  Both of them are Howitzers!"  Then proceed to kiss your left bicep, then your right bicep, and then wink at the Mounties.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Appropriate reply:

" How many I have in my home is not important. My level of proficiency with the firearms I currently have on my person is a much more appropriate question."
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#15]
my answer:

"mmm yea I'm not comfortable answering that question."  anything beyond that they can FOAD
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#16]
As was stated earlier 9/11/01 was the turning point of easy border crossings between the US and Canada.  My 1st year of college in '88-'89 I lived in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada with relatives and went to school in Sault Ste. Marie, MI.  I crossed the border every school day, every hockey night, and some bar nights.  A few months into the year customs agents on both sides would stop me long enough to see it was me, wish me a good day, and send me on my way.

Now they ask me where I'm going and I respond, "To my parents cottage".
Then they ask, "Any alcohol, tobaco, or firearms?"
"Just my boys BB guns."
Officer blades at 45 degrees,  "OMG!!!!  You'll have to pull over and get those inspected!"
"They're under the 500 fps limit."  (You wouldn't want those dangerous, baby killin', high power air rifles in your country now would you?)
Customs officer, "O.K. have a good time."

I do agree coming back to the USA can be far more difficult.  But usually I don't have much trouble.

The company I work for also services machines in Canada.  However we never go on a service call.  It's always a "sales call".  We have no trouble at the border anymore.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I WOULD HAVE GRABBED HIM BY THE FRONT OF THE SHIRT ...

BACK HANDED HIS BITCH ASS ACROSS THE ROOM ...

AND YELLED "FUCK YOU YOU LIBERAL OBAMA NUT LICKING DOUCHe !!!  I'LL KICK YOUR ASS AND ALL OF YOUR CANUCK GIRLFRIENDS WAITING OUTSIDE !!"

OR ...

said "i refuse to answer that question"
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the most important thing I got out of the thread too.

I buy them on a regular basis around here, but they're not legal. I snuck some in a few years back, but I'm not an idiot like my sister.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#19]
If I was a Border Protection Agent the questions I'd ask would be like

"Sir, do you put beans in your chili?" If he says yes, he gets turned around. We don't want you bean lovin' kind in my country

Or maybe

"Sir, do you own any firearms?"

"No"

"GET THE FUCK OUT YOU GODLESS PIECE OF SHIT FREEDOM HATING COMMIE"

Or again

"Sir, do you own firearms?"

"Yes"

"Do you prefer Glocks or 1911s?"

"Glocks of course they're so much bet..."

"SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!" Then I'd pepper spray the fucker, send him for a cavity search while I tear his vehicle apart.

If he answers

"1911s of course!"

I'd go "OMG YES! JMB FTMFW. HIGH FIVE!!!" and let him trough wishing him a nice day.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#20]
"none at home, I have them GEO CACHE'D"
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm surprised they didn't ask "we have a list from your government that states you are JacobsandApples  on an antiamerican terror hate website.  TELL US ZE TROOTHHH.  SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS"
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder what the "probable cause" was for them to ask an interesting question like that.

Were you wearing camo?

Do you resemble (what they might think to be) a biker (Harley, not Schwinn)?

No "probable cause" is required at a border crossing. within 200 miles of the border.

They can ask anything they want, and if they do not like your answers or attitude deny you entrance to the country.

Fixed that for you

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If I was a Border Protection Agent the questions I'd ask would be like

"Sir, do you put beans in your chili?" If he says yes, he gets turned around. We don't want you bean lovin' kind in my country

Or maybe

"Sir, do you own any firearms?"
"No"
"GET THE FUCK OUT YOU GODLESS PIECE OF SHIT FREEDOM HATING COMMIE"

Or again

"Sir, do you own firearms?"
"Yes"
"Do you prefer Glocks or 1911s?"
"Glocks of course they're so much bet..."
"SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!" Then I'd pepper spray the fucker, send him for a cavity search while I tear his vehicle apart.
If he answers
"1911s of course!"
I'd go "OMG YES! JMB FTMFW. HIGH FIVE!!!" and let him trough wishing him a nice day.

now i have to clean the coke off my monitor ...

funny ... funny
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I flew into Canada yesterday and cleared customs via phone. I never actually saw a customs agent.

Funny, I have a more difficult time with US Customs than Canadian.

I fly out of country several times a year for the military.  I have never once had to clear customs in any foreign country.  Then we get anally probed when we come home.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sure we do.  Thats how I ended up married.....

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#27]
The correct answer would have been:

"I sold all of my guns on my last trip to Mexico."

or

"Let me tell you about the last boating trip I went on.  Boy, was it a nightmare . . . "

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last time I went into Canada I got held at the border for around 2 hours. I think they had an issue with my Calvin peeing on PETA sticker.

Too bad that the transportation of illegally-reproduced copyrighted work isn't a crime.  You are doing a huge disservice to Bill Watterson and his genius.

Too bad that you don't know that parody is one of the "fair use" exceptions to copyright - otherwise, how could shows like "Robot Chicken" exist?

Really, if you avoid remarking on things you don't know, its relatively easy to avoid looking like a fool....

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"How many guns do you have at your home?"

"I'm sorry, but that's none of your business."
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Aside from children potentially choking on the toys, the real reason Kinder Eggs are banned is the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/378773/why_kinder_eggs_are_banned_in_the_us.html

Didn't know those things were banned. I see them for sale in the Polish Delikatessans around here all them time.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Answer: I own a very large gun store and host the local gun show on the first weekend of each month.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you stop and think about it - it makes sense from their perspective.  They are trying the determine your firearm ownership so that your future border crossings can be tagged that you have a higher than average possibility of transporting firearms across the border.

Your refusal to answer the question probably got your record tagged as a positive anyway.

The conspiracy part of me believes that they share this info with the US and is therefore a de facto registration system.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the most important thing I got out of the thread too.
Me too! Those need their own thread!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#34]

NRA sticker on back window caused "Go to secondary inspection" and then onto "Conference room" on two occasions before I caught on.

CO's were always polite and professional.  They seemed more interested in whether I was transporting firearms...rather than what I owned.  

FWIW…displaying LEO or Federal Credentials will only slow down the process.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#35]
I got called into customs when I went over there for work. Fuckers wasted 2 hours of my time just in customs and then licked me out of the country for not having a work permit, to attend a meeting.  They asked about my CCW and where my pistol was. I told them the pistol is at home, and why I carry is none of their goddamn business. About that time is when I was refused entry
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Canadian border person: What is your business in Canada?
Me: Get outa my way punk!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"How many guns do you have at your home?"

My answer would be "shut your fucking face, uncle fucker" or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

"More than you have in your home."

FTMFW!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

they are worried we are gonna invade them sometime in the future, they know its coming

Last time I checked the local boy scouts were busy, so the Canadians can rest easy.

For now.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My sister and brother-in-law got arrested this summer for smuggling kinder eggs at the Canadian Border

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06140.jpg

ICE arrested your sister and your BIL?

Thats the best I have ever heard.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#41]
At the point that he asked that information I'd have told him to mind his own fucking business.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister and brother-in-law got arrested this summer for smuggling kinder eggs at the Canadian Border

It's not like they've got tons of mexican illegals to bust
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Coming back through the border two years ago:

Agent: "Where were you born?"

Me: "In a hospital, how about you?"

Agent:

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#46]
I've never had a problem going either way. On my last trip to Canadia the border guard asked where I was going. I told him 'No idea, just out for a drive and wanted to see your country.' LOL, that got a raised brow but he was all happy again when I added that I was headed in the general direction of Vancouver. Coming back into the US Ive seen a border guard only once...all the other times they looked at us via a camera.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What's wrong wit dem Canadian's, Eh?

- Clint

Those Cannuckistanians are an odd lot!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#48]
My mother was born in Canada, her family is/was still there. We used to go up there every summer on one of the lakes. I no longer have any desire to set foot there. I'm getting to the point where I don't have the patience for any of it from either country.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#49]
In before Dave_A says your tinfoil is too tight.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like they've got tons of mexican illegals to bust

Up there too, huh?

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top