Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I accidentally found this and thought I should share.

Source.

In an effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers, we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel. This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and contractors on Company property –– including our Company-owned stores. All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this policy, and have been instructed to post it.

It sucks because I liked their Assurance Trippletreads, but they will not be getting another dime from me.

The logic of the left is a joke.

It's not the logic of the Left. It's the logic of the corporate legal department. They have this rule so if some pissed off employee or customer goes nuts and shoots a bunch of people on company property, then when the families of the victims sue the company, then the company can demonstrate they did everything within reason to prevent guns on the property. It's all about minimizing the amount of money they would have to pay in the event of a lawsuit.

Precisely.  If someone gets killed or maimed by violent means in their store, the victim or their family should sue the company for having denied the customer optimal means of self-defense.

i'm constantly amazed that this hasn't happened yet.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Where the fuck have you been? This is standard is pretty much every large corp. I've known...

Until a customer gets injured on their property in a crime and they sue because the corporation, by posting the signs, took an affirmative act and assumed liability for providing protection for anybody on their property...

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Les Schwab supports your right carry.

Fuck Les Schwab.

Why?

I don't know what's up with the hate.  I like the Les Schwab shuffle myself.  (Meaning they run to your car whenever you pull in the parking lot to see how they can help).
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I personally don't give a damn what Goodyear's policy is.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It is all about money.  Your life is meaningless to such, your money and their money are not.  If you die because of following their policy, too bad for you, so long as they don't get sued.  Especially, for pizza delivery drivers.

Yep. Most delivery drivers I know definitely don't carry

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top