User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Post from Blonde_Bombshell -
Yeah but sometimes I find that some christans are even worse, even cult-like with their brainwashing of people..
View Quote

[b]So?[/b] Keep shopping around and you will find one that does not have the 'extremism' in it that you do not like.

As for myself, I revel in extremism, both in matters of faith, and when it comes to the RKBA!

Hell, this country was [u]founded[/u] by religious nuts with guns!

[b]I [u]am[/u] a religious nut with guns![:D][/b]

Lots of guns![:D]

You wouldn't believe how many guns....

Eric The(MyWifeDoesn'tKnowHowManyGuns!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Define "Extremism" Eric. I thought an Extremist was one who beleives the end justifies the means. ya'know....like terrorists.

Lib-who is picking on Eric today for no real reason [;)]
View Quote

Try this for a start......
[url]http://www.leegruenfeld.com/essays/fanatics.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Post from M4 -
How about the self-rightious ass's party? They have at least one member Hun.
View Quote

And what member would that be, [b]M4[/b], you? But, seriously, you are being much too hard on yourself in this statement!

BTW, your spelling is atrocious, but then I'll bet you don't spell 'righteous' very often during your busy day!

Am I right?[:D]
Our political system is designed so people can allign with whatever party they want, for whatever reason. You do as you wish, and I will do as I wish. It's called "FREEDOM" despite your assertion that it's immaturity.
View Quote

Just because you have the "FREEDOM" to do something, doesn't mean that you are [u]not[/u] immature for doing it! Can you grasp that concept?
And what exactly do you know about the various reasons I am not a registered republican?
View Quote

Well, earlier in this thread you stated that the Religious Right was [u]one[/u] reason that you would never register as a Republican!

Then you said that another reason was the problem that you had with aligning yourself with a political party that had any links to organizations that taught moral values to people who needed or required them and thereby endorsing such groups to 'some degree.'
You know nothing. You make assuptions, without ever asking a single question, and in your typically limited self rightious manner assume it MUST be immaturity since the fraction of information you do have doesn't agree with how you approach politics.
View Quote

Gee, I seem to have you pretty well pegged just based on the answers that you have provided in this thread alone!

Besides that, your ranting is quite ineloquent and lacking in any serious content. How would any information I glean from your confessed attitudes toward politics even begin to 'agree with how [u]I[/u] approach politics'? What the Hell does [u]that[/u] sentence mean?  
Because I am not a registered republican doesn't mean I haven't voted republican, but you wouldn't know that because you never have bothered to ask, or even know me....content making assumptions to bolster your position. And you call me immature.
View Quote

So what does your voting Republican on any issue have to do with this discussion at all? You are the one who proudly proclaimed your aversion to being registered as a Republican, you didn't proudly proclaim that, oh yeah, on occasion I have voted for them.

So why tell us that at this late stage in the discussion?
Frankly the fanaticism you repeatedly showcase on this site has long ago demonstrated a bias that has no apparent boundaries. You leaping to conclusions once again is anything but a surprise, but no less pathetic than the last time you inserted your head in to your own ass for a "fresh perspective".
View Quote

Jeepers, but you must be sauced![:D]

Sorry, come back when you're sober or in your right mind, or whatever!

Eric The(LordSaveUsFromTheRavingsOfAMadMan)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Hun...

A) I'd much rather mis-spell "righteous" and live it with an open mind, then to preach to others about it, but have no clue what so ever what it actually means. The word "pathetic" leaps to mind.

B)My freedom to make informed decisions to polarize myself from the likes of you and people of your ilk has no connection at all with maturity. Though it makes you feel self important believing that....and that's all that's important, isn't it Hun? You convincing yourself that your position is right, and those who disagree must be "sauced" or "immature". It is about freedom, regardless of the narrowness of the fanatical lens you view others by. That's your problem not mine. Crazy people are always the last ones to be truly aware of their own condition. The fanatic lives in the same neighborhood as the crazies, though is far more pathetic because it's self imposed.

C) My refering to voting Republican at times was based in comments like this from you....
[b]"And maybe, just maybe, Bob Dole would have been elected President in 1996!
If you can't have perfection in your party or in your candidate, SCREW THEM![/b]

My comments on how I have voted Republican are directly related to assertions like this from you. Try to stay with us here Hun, it gets tiresome resurrecting your drivel from page 1.

D) So you have me "pegged" huh? You know nothing. Pointing out ignorance and intolerance in a fanatic freak like yourself is an exercise in absurdity. I have neither the time nor the interest. Such one dimentional people as yourself bore me beyond words. Though you feel a need to have me "pegged", my replies are aimed far more at the others who read this thread, than it is to "figure" you out. I'd rather watch paint dry.

E)Let me disect this sentence for you since you stated you had trouble with it in your last post, m'kay?

[b]You make assuptions, without ever asking a single question, and in your typically limited self righteous manner assume it MUST be immaturity since the fraction of information you do have doesn't agree with how you approach politics.[/b]

[b]"...the fraction of information you do have..."[/b]
Information YOU have about ME.

[b]"doesn't agree with how you approach politics."[/b]
Doesn't agree with how you approach politics.

It can't be broken down any further I'm affraid. I'm fairly sure if you lean in towards your monitor, and read real slowly it'll come to you.

EricThe(CrashingPlanesInToBuildingsForThe"Right"GodMightNotBeSoBadAfterAll)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
This post is for Belloc, although I must add that M4 has made some good points as of late..

Belloc:

1.) Thank you very much for doing exactly what I feel is the most truly heinous sin of all.. Tell me break out that trusty bible of yours that Jerry Falwell is pushing in your direction and tell me where it says to judge me..I remember CLEARLY the bible says do onto others as you want done onto you...

2.) I will not stoop to your level and name call or tell you where you can put your religious beliefs etc.. I am much too mature for that..

3.) Where in my last posting did I say I was like a rabbit in heat with my "fornicating"?? Just because I am on BC (which by the way I need to be on for medical reasons irregardless) does not mean that I am sleeping with every person in town or having hot monkey love every chance I get geez.. Again your presuming alot since you don't know me.. Please try and get off your high moral horse and try to ask your wife how she would like her sex tonight.. No wait do you even have a wife??? If so, I bet she's doing your best friend cuz you don't seem like your the type to be enjoying anythins but your churchs' brainwashings...LOL! Sorry I couldn't resist that one!

4.) Finally, people exactly like YOU is the reason that you have driven me away from the church and organized religion at the present moment in time.. Do you think YOUR scare tactics is sucking me back in?? The Catholics couldn't do it, what makes you think you will??? And by the way, I have met some very nice Christian people who make me believe that there's hope for me yet, because not all people are like YOU..

That's all for now..M4, what you think of this guy??

-Andrea
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Like it or not folks. We were born with nothing and in the end. We will die with nothing, the only thing that matters is what we do here right now that will make a difference. I bow my head every night and say a prayer and if it is my faith in the end of the game that saves me all the better, and if there is no afterlife I only wasted a few minutes each night I could have been sleeping......
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
"There is another important thing that characterizes the religious fanatic, and that is the inevitable corruption of the original underlying belief system. Because that system probably never demanded that kind of devotion in the first place, one has to retroactively justify it somehow. That's done by making stuff up that wasn't part of the religion in the first place."

Thanks ERICTHEHUN for this I loved this story and so did my bf.. Belloc I hope you read this key part it mainly applies to you and the reason I dislike Catholicism and other types of organized religions of the like right now..

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lack of moral values is what put this country in the place it is today.  Religion teaches moral values.  Keep on dividing yourselves people....just remember that you will pay for your (in)actions.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Well said Sgtar15 and you kept it piffy too :D
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Post from M4 -
Hun...
A) I'd much rather mis-spell "righteous" and live it with an open mind, then to preach to others about it, but have no clue what so ever what it actually means. The word "pathetic" leaps to mind.
View Quote

Now 'pathetic' is a word with which you should be well familiar, so much unlike that other word that you had difficulty with earlier!

You mistake 'open mind' for an 'empty mind'![:D]
B)My freedom to make informed decisions to polarize myself from the likes of you and people of your ilk has no connection at all with maturity.
View Quote

You got that right! No connection at all with maturity is exactly how I would put it, if I were you!
Though it makes you feel self important believing that....and that's all that's important, isn't it Hun? You convincing yourself that your position is right, and those who disagree must be "sauced" or "immature".
View Quote

Until you convince me otherwise, I have the FREEDOM, as you so ineloquently put it, to believe what the evidence leads me to believe!

I can't help it if your muddled meandering make me think 'sauced' or 'immature.'
It is about freedom, regardless of the narrowness of the fanatical lens you view others by. That's your problem not mine. Crazy people are always the last ones to be truly aware of their own condition.
View Quote

Oh yes, you seem to be able to find fanaticism where none exists, problems that do not exist, and yet you can diagnose 'crazy people' at a great distance. Hmmm. What idiocy!
The fanatic lives in the same neighborhood as the crazies, though is far more pathetic because it's self imposed.
View Quote

Are you quoting from some juvenile detention center handbook that you've been given in the recent past? Are is this something your treating physician has told you in private?
C) My referring to voting Republican at times was based in comments like this from you....
"And maybe, just maybe, Bob Dole would have been elected President in 1996!
If you can't have perfection in your party or in your candidate, SCREW THEM!

My comments on how I have voted Republican are directly related to assertions like this from you. Try to stay with us here Hun, it gets tiresome resurrecting your drivel from page 1.
View Quote

Now drivel is something you [u]may[u] be an expert on, but for the life of me there is not much else of substance in your continued mutterings.

You are the King of Drivel in my book![:D]
D) So you have me "pegged" huh?
View Quote

Yep, look at this pathetic response! I have struck a nerve, and you holler!
You know nothing. Pointing out ignorance and intolerance in a fanatic freak like yourself is an exercise in absurdity. I have neither the time nor the interest.
View Quote

Yet, this lengthy post shows that you have both time and interest in struggling to answer the obvious!

- continued -
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Such one dimentional people as yourself bore me beyond words. Though you feel a need to have me "pegged", my replies are aimed far more at the others who read this thread, than it is to "figure" you out. I'd rather watch paint dry.
View Quote

It has been difficult for me to try and keep up with your gyrations as well, but if you think that you are performing for an audience, you flatter yourself unnecessarily!

No one cares!
E)Let me disect this sentence for you since you stated you had trouble with it in your last post, m'kay?
View Quote

You may try, but I doubt your ability to diagram a sentence, much less an argument of any sort!
You make assuptions, without ever asking a single question, and in your typically limited self righteous manner assume it MUST be immaturity since the fraction of information you do have doesn't agree with how you approach politics.
View Quote

In your previous posts on this thread, as I have pointed out, you betray the shallowness of your position, the immaturity of your views, in short, the limited nature of your worldview!

Period. End of Sentence!
"...the fraction of information you do have..." Information YOU have about ME.

"doesn't agree with how you approach politics."
Doesn't agree with how you approach politics.

It can't be broken down any further I'm affraid. I'm fairly sure if you lean in towards your monitor, and read real slowly it'll come to you.
View Quote

Once again, you mistake obfuscation for depth and come up emptyhanded! I still have yet to fathom any direction to the argument you appear to be making.

You have said why you didn't want to be registered as a Republican, quite clearly on Page 1 of this thread.

You added yet another reason later in this thread.

[u]That[/u] was all I needed to say that your views were childish, immature and half-baked in the extreme.

And nothing you have said since has in any manner altered my original evaluation of your position!
EricThe(CrashingPlanesInToBuildingsForThe"Right"GodMightNotBeSoBadAfterAll)Hun
View Quote

See what I mean? Can you fill us in on the mental gymnastics that were required for you to come up with that piece of garbage?

After reading this last post of yours, I do not think you are able to explain anything about yourself that is worth learning.

Of course, all of this is my own humble opinion!

Eric The(ButNot[u]Too[/u]HumbleOpinion)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Hun, your "response" speaks for itself.....very flattering actually.

You address nothing, you just ramble on about how for the life of you, you just can't make heads or tails of what I've said. That's that pesky lens I've been talking about. Again, clearly your problem.

Your childish and irrelevant criticisms of my words have no depth, no substance, no real meaning....they're just that, childish, shallow grasps at anything to avoid actual dialog. Meaningless, baseless criticisms that address nothing. The well has run dry. That's as close as you'll ever get to giving me a sincere compliment. Nothing new though I'm afraid.

Again, thanks for the reply. It was so weak, there were no actual points to address, just a text equivalent to hoisting the intellectual white flag.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's all for now..M4, what you think of this guy??
View Quote

Andrea, it's a lot of the same hypocrisy that seems to have no end for those here who beat the drum the loudest. Their very words violate the same standards that they claim to represent through their "faith". Reading this stuff from some of these guys, one has to remind themselves that it's actually 2002 and not the Middle Ages.

Good thing for you by the way. From some of the claims against you, there would be a large wooden pole with a raging fire under it with your name on it, if it were the Middle Ages. I guess these guys can always dream, right?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No one cares!
View Quote

Don't look now Hun[%|], but as I type this 68% of the people who responded to the poll seem to agree with me more or less. I'd say maybe some might care after all.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[b]This post is for Belloc, although I must add that M4 has made some good points as of late..[/b]
Impossible, "M4" has the intellect of turnip.

[b]Belloc:

1.) Thank you very much for doing exactly what I feel is the most truly heinous sin[/b]
Well, at least you acknowledge the existence of something called sin. Heck you even admitted to committing the sin of fornication as a lifestyle. Or is fornication not a sin? Or is it not a sin you are sorry for?

[b]Tell me break out that trusty bible of yours that Jerry Falwell is pushing in your direction[/b]
Here's a little history for you little girl, the Bible was around LONG before Jerry Falwell.

[b]and tell me where it says to judge me..[/b]
And where was it in my post that I "judged" you?
I only obseved that you admitted to living in sin.

[b]I remember CLEARLY the bible says do onto others as you want done onto you...[/b]
Do you also remember "CLEARLY" the Bible saying something about teaching others right from wrong, teaching others to avoid evil, about how living in sin leads to Hell, and how that Hell will be shared by those who were silent when someone told them they were living as a drunkard, or an adulterer, or fornicatior? How convienent that you have forgotton those parts of the Bible.

[b]2.) I will not stoop to your level and name call or tell you where you can put your religious beliefs etc.. I am much too mature for that..[/b]
People who are mature do not write that they are mature, it is a sign of juvenile pretension.

[b]Where in my last posting did I say I was like a rabbit in heat with my "fornicating"?? Just because I am on BC (which by the way I need to be on for medical reasons irregardless) does not mean that I am sleeping with every person in town[/b]
From your posts however it does appear that you are giving it the old college try.

[b]Again your presuming alot since you don't know me..[/b]
I "presume" nothing. You admitted to living in sin by ANY Biblical standard. I have added nothing to this little "confession" of yours.

[b]Please try and get off your high moral horse and try to ask your wife how she would like her sex tonight.. No wait do you even have a wife??? If so, I bet she's doing your best friend[/b]
As I said, juvenile pretension.  
Of couse it seems evident that you on the other hand would cheat on your husband with his best friend if it meant "hot monkey love" were to be had. Of course you must first find a man willing to accept the heavy mileage you're accumulating.

[b]cuz you don't seem like your the type to be enjoying anythins but your churchs' brainwashings...LOL! Sorry I couldn't resist that one![/b]
As you already admitted, you can't resist very much. Which is why you can't "seem to find a Christian Church" to suit you.

[b]Finally, people exactly like YOU is the reason that you have driven me away from the church[/b]
We have already established that you are annoyed with those who might actually think that the Bible teaches right from wrong.

[b]Do you think YOUR scare tactics is sucking me back in??[/b]
"Scare tactics"? Are you both pretensious AND delusional?

[b]The Catholics couldn't do it,[/b]
"The Catholics" couldn't do what?

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one cares!
View Quote

Don't look now Hun[%|], but as I type this 68% of the people who responded to the poll seem to agree with me more or less. I'd say maybe some might care after all.[;)]
View Quote

Hmmm, 70% of 79 folks who have bothered to vote on what? That they don't support religion in any shape, manner, or form, or that they support your drivel in this thread?

Think, boy, quick! What's the answer?

Hardly a groundswell of popular support of your lame, limp-azzed attempts to discuss something (we have yet to establish what it might be) of substance with me!

But then, [u]that[/u] is so obvious, isn't it? [:D]

Eric The(GotHell?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The religious right are one of the reasons I will never register as a Republican, despite my agreement with many conservative issues.
View Quote

I am a Libertarian but I am a registered Republican but only so I can vote in the primaries.  

The answer is YES.  The GOP is too goddamn religious.  I simply don't like the fact the godstuff and the GOP are practically synonymous these days.  Look what W has done.  He started the whole fatih based initiative thing and the school voucher program, which allow my tax dollars to pay for someone else's kids christian education and frankly that pisses me off.  Also, he called the ruling 'ridiculous' when the 9th district declared the pledge unconstituional.  I don't know how you can argue that having teachers lead kids in saying 'one nation under god" is not a government endorsement of a religion or a belief.

Those in the religious right, it's time to get off your christian high horse.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Andrea,

Ignore Belloc. He only crawls out of his hole when he can bad mouth someone. You won't get anywhere trying to reason with him.

I'm sorry you've had terrible religious experiences, and I can certainly commiserate. The Catholic church of my experience is not very tolerant of opinions differing from the official one, much like some people who post here.

May I suggest that you might find a home in the Episcopal or Lutheran ELCA churches. They would be very familiar to you in terms of structure, services, etc, but have more room for intellectual discussion and dissent.

Best of luck, I certainly understand your feelings.

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#17]
andrea,
i too am sorry to hear of your bad experiences in the catholic church.  the church that i found is just a simple non-denominational protestant bible church.  i certianly do not believe that i have any high ground for saying that your "sexual lifestyle" is a sin. my wife and i lived together before we were married and had sex outside of wedlock.  so not only does that make me a sinner, but would make me a hypocrite for condemning you! "judge not lest ye be judged" also applies here.  i pass no judgement upon sinners, because we as the decendants of adam cannot help our sinful nature.  now, if you came to me [b]asking[/b] for advice, i would most likely suggest that you follow a different path, but you didnt ask.  i will say, just so you know my experience, that God is indeed a just and righteous being full of mercy and love for those who believe and obey his commands.  he, however is also a jealous and wrathful God who punishes those who put themselves, their ambitions, and their earthly desires, before him.  i blame the tragic breakup of my marriage partly to the stresses that pre-marital sex caused our relationship.  again, i present this only as my experience so that others may not have to share in my misfortune.  
i too, hated growing up with religion shoved down my throat, it was not only offensive, but moreover it insulted my intelligence and my [b]own[/b] ability to make an informed decision.  which is eventually what happened naturally, and in due time.  the Lord's hand will always be outstretched towards you (regardless of yous or my sin) and that is what makes the Glory of God and the Salvation of Christ so special.  certianly, we do not deserve it... but he is there anyway when the rest of the world has turned their backs on us.
i sincerely hope that you do what is right for you and that you would take Christians on a case by case basis, because we are all different...
colin
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Just because someone is raised christian and then begins to move away from the religion, doesn't mean they need to be "saved" by other people on this board.

I was raised christian and now I no longer practice religion.  Keep your preaching for someone else.  Oh, and don't pray for me either.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just because someone is raised christian and then begins to move away from the religion, doesn't mean they need to be "saved" by other people on this board.

I was raised christian and now I no longer practice religion.  Keep your preaching for someone else.  Oh, and don't pray for me either.
View Quote

hrmmm... rude is still rude.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not a problem! You are now on my 'Don't Pray For List'!

There's only one small glitch - I never consult that list when I decide who needs prayers![:D]

Sorry, but you'll have to ask, er, the Cosmic Muffin, or whatever, to forgive me!

Eric The(HighUpOnMyChristianHorse)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[b]I'm sorry you've had terrible religious experiences, and I can certainly commiserate.[/b]
Yes, I'm quite sure you girls have lots to talk about.

[b]The Catholic church of my experience is not very tolerant[/b]
Well, you have now graduated from effeminate half woman with your "Mr. I-Didn't-See-the-Oscar-winning-American-Beauty",
to full blown sissy jackass with,
"my experience is not very tolerant".
Congratulations.

"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions."
G.K.Chesterton

Chesterton was using "man" to mean "mankind", so it does still include you, barely.

[b]of opinions differing from the official one, much like some people who post here.[/b]
What Sheila here is saying is that it gets his knickers all in a twist if the Church actually refuses to think that two things can at the same time be true.

[b]May I suggest that you might find a home in the Episcopal or Lutheran ELCA churches. They would be very familiar to you in terms of structure, services, etc, but have more room for intellectual discussion and dissent.[/b]
i.e. they will let you accumulate all the sexual experiences of a hooker without batting an eye. While you're at it why not get a job in sales at AT&T and everyday go to work wearing a shirt that says "MCI is #1" and tell customers about Sprint. I'd be curious to learn of their "tolerance" for your "dissent".
Whacko.

[b]Best of luck, I certainly understand your feelings. We girls must stick together you know. Tehehehe."[/b]
Moron.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one cares!
View Quote

View Quote

Hmmm, 70% of 79 folks who have bothered to vote on what? That they don't support religion in any shape, manner, or form, or that they support your drivel in this thread?

Think, boy, quick! What's the answer?

Hardly a groundswell of popular support of your lame, limp-azzed attempts to discuss something (we have yet to establish what it might be) of substance with me!

But then, [u]that[/u] is so obvious, isn't it? [:D]

Eric The(GotHell?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Bottom line Hun, 70% of the memebers of this board that answered the poll feel that at MINIMUM, religion needs to move its self righteous ass out of our political system.

It might not be a "groundswell of popular support", but it's still 70% more people that DON'T think like you do. How refreshing.....you ass.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Post from M4 -
Bottom line Hun, 70% of the memebers of this board that answered the poll feel that at MINIMUM, religion needs to move its self righteous ass out of our political system.
View Quote

As I said, [b]70% of the 84 people[/b] who responded to this Poll basically 'felt' that religion was hurting the Republican Party.

The Republican Party disagrees. I disagree. So what?

I doubt that the Republican Party will change for the sake of someone, such as yourself, who is not even registered as a Republican![:D]
It might not be a "groundswell of popular support", but it's still 70% more people that DON'T think like you do.
View Quote

So, do [u]you[/u] base [u]your[/u] views based upon such unscientific Polls?

How do you feel about Israel being a great ally of the United States? In every Poll that's been taken on this Board, 70% say that they believe that Israel is a great ally? Do you? Does that Poll result change your mind?
How refreshing.....you ass.
View Quote

Heh-heh-heh.[:D]

You never cease to plumb the depths of personal attack, do you?

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As I said, [b]70% of the 84 people[/b] who responded to this Poll basically 'felt' that religion was hurting the Republican Party.

The Republican Party disagrees. I disagree. So what?

I doubt that the Republican Party will change for the sake of someone, such as yourself, who is not even registered as a Republican![:D]
It might not be a "groundswell of popular support", but it's still 70% more people that DON'T think like you do.
View Quote

So, do [u]you[/u] base [u]your[/u] views based upon such unscientific Polls?

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I think the Republican party will move to the center because they could only muster appx 52% of the popular vote against the weak assed Al Gore.

And one other observation. That 70% are your fellow AR-15.com members. Fellows in the 2nd amendment. It may not be "scientific", but it is telling...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Andrea,

See what I mean about Belloc? Fortunately, I think people like him are in the (vocal) minority of right wing religious whackatoons. He does serve as an example for us. A bad one, but an example nonetheless.

Eric is a much better example. He is on the  right, but unless you really want to be in a pissing match with him, you can have a reasonable conversation with him.

Anyway, sorry you came under verbal assault from the assweb troll.

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think the "religious right" is a POA in the Republican Party. I just want the government to LEAVE ME ALONE (i.e. low taxes, less government interference in my daily life/business, let states handle things etc) so why do I want to vote for guys who tell my wife/girlfriend whether she can have an abortion, advocate for prayer in schools etc. Ain't none of their business, as pesky as democrats trying to tell me what to do. [:(!]

I think Nixon had a good quote that to get elected as a Republican you had to say what the bible thumpers want to hear then ignore 'em when you got in office.
View Quote

LOL, now you've done it. I personally agree with you, but you better put the nomex on.[:D]

legrue
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#29]
to get elected as a president you have to say what the people want to hear then ignore 'em when you get in office

isn't that the real truth of the quote?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A)How do you feel about Israel being a great ally of the United States? In every Poll that's been taken on this Board, 70% say that they believe that Israel is a great ally? Do you? Does that Poll result change your mind?

How refreshing.....you ass.
View Quote

Heh-heh-heh.[:D]

B)You never cease to plumb the depths of personal attack, do you?

Eric The(Ass)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

A) The poll here is simply a point of fact for those who voted and those who care enough about this thread to participate, nothing more, nothing less. A fairly accurate gauge of how people on this board feel.  The pulse of the members.....and I like the reading. Nobody has the intention of changing minds(that's a Christian mandate, not mine), Isreal has nothing to do with this thread....just take it for what it is and try to stay with the topic.

B) Calling you an ass isn't a personal attack, just another point of fact. If that's what constitutes a personal attack for you Hun, you need to go out and get a little Vagisil for that sore spot of yours.[;)]
You were slightly more tolerable as just an ass, now you're a wimpering ass....take a break and try try to pull yourself together.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Post from M4 -
A) The poll here is simply a point of fact for those who voted and those who care enough about this thread to participate, nothing more, nothing less.
View Quote

'...simply a point of fact...'? Now, WTF, do you mean by that?

We're still talking about [b]70% of 87 members [/b]now, remember? Just how scientific do you figure this Poll might be?
A fairly accurate gauge of how people on this board feel. The pulse of the members.....and I like the reading.
View Quote

'Fairly accurate' of [b]87 members[/b], not the 'Board', I repeat! Or does that, too, slip from your grasp?[:D]
Nobody has the intention of changing minds(that's a Christian mandate, not mine), Isreal has nothing to do with this thread....just take it for what it is and try to stay with the topic.
View Quote

It's a Poll that has been responded to by [b]87 members[/b], heh-heh-heh, nothing [u]more[/u]!
B) Calling you an ass isn't a personal attack, just another point of fact.
View Quote

That is a hoot! But I never complain about any personal attack that you make, [b]M4[/b], I'd have to care about what you actually thought, first!
If that's what constitutes a personal attack for you Hun, you need to go out and get a little Vagisil for that sore spot of yours.
View Quote

Hmm, just how familiar are you with personal feminine products? I had to go look that up!

But 'Vagisil' for you, it was right on the tip of your tongue![:D]
You were slightly more tolerable as just an ass, now you're a wimpering ass....take a break and try try to pull yourself together.
View Quote

Your mother wimpered, or so I was told, when you plopped out. I certainly can understand her disappointment, now.

You, Sir, are a prick! And a sniveling prick, at that!

And when I say 'prick' I do not mean some sort of obscenity or curse word, but an actual male sexual member!

Surely [u]that[/u] word is on the tip of your tongue, as well![:D]

So tell me, how does 'Vagisil' taste? Heh-heh-heh!

Eric The(GivesAsWellAsHeTakes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#32]
BTW, [b]M4[/b], if you decide to keep up this 'pizzing contest', please e-mail your comments to: [email protected].

There is no sense getting this thread locked simply because you seem to want to pizz me off.

So e-mail away, my little friend![:D]

Eric The(RememberTheForumConductRules)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Your mother wimpered, or so I was told, when you plopped out. I certainly can understand her disappointment, now.

You, Sir, are a prick! And a sniveling prick, at that!

And when I say 'prick' I do not mean some sort of obscenity or curse word, but an actual male sexual member!

Surely [u]that[/u] word is on the tip of your tongue, as well![:D]

So tell me, how does 'Vagisil' taste? Heh-heh-heh!

View Quote

Oh, yeah, the forum conduct rules. Sorry, I get all confused when the moderators are actually breaking them as they spew out of the other side of their mouth for others to follow them. I understand coming from you though, hypocricy is your most sincere trait.....as I've pointed out countless times on this site. This is but [i]another[/i] [sleep] example.

Hey Hun, you always carry around a white flag with you? Or do you alternate with your rainbow flag? (see quote)
Quoted:
View Quote

Wimpering lil' Texan, go night-night now, your spanking is over.

Reply if you like, I'm done with you.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Things must change somehow to coincide with modern day thinking and morals or organized religion is going to suffer greatly in my opinion.. -Andrea
View Quote

[red]Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.[/red]

God is the same no matter what "age" we humans live in, the "dark age" or the "information age", and he's not concerned with working around "modern day thinking" either.  Organized religion will continue to fail because they dont tell the whole truth.

Anyhoo....Stop relying on others and their "churches", just read the Bible for exactly what it says. Use a NKJV for starters, sometimes the KJV is a little hard to read.
First thing I suggest you read is Psalms 111:10
It's OK to let others help you, but their help MUST coincide with what the Bible teaches.  

[size=1]Edited because Boom Stick tired.[sleep]Boom Stick go to bed now[/size=1]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top