Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the wealthiest people I know buy their close on-sale/discount
View Quote
One of my good buds is CEO of a half billion dollar company.  He buys jeans and tshirts in bulk and gives them away so that he doesnt have to do laundry

Black or blue jeans, with grey, white, or black V necks. All day, every day.

He has stacks of them wrapped in plastic in his apartment
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not why they are wealthy. but may be why they are not poor either.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Retarded video is retarded.

"Don't waste your time watching TV. Instead, waste it watching this hour long video of completely useless bullshit."

Also, poor people eat cheap food, buy cheap clothing, and don't have that much money saved? Well no fucking shit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dont confuse high income with rich.  Plenty of high income people look rich to an outside observer, but still live paycheck to paycheck.  There are plenty of rich plumbers, exterminators, and small business owners that appear to be solidly middle class to the outside observer.  I have a hard time believing that you know many rich people that are doing 10 things on that list.  There are exceptions to every rule, but I am willing to bet that you are confusing high income with wealth.

The book "The Millionaire Next Door"  is the classic study on the behaviors of the wealthy and how they live.  It is a bit dated, but is still a great insight into how rich people think and act differently than people that never seem to build wealth.  I recommend it to all my entry level coworkers, and have given away multiple copies to young people over the years.  The son of one of my coworkers is paying off his student loans and making investments at at pretty impressive rate for a 23 year old.
View Quote
That book was really eye opening and a good read.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Poor people are really into sports."

Fucking seriously?  Have those dumbfucks seen the prices of tickets to most professional sporting events?  They honestly expect me to believe "rich" people aren't into sports?

Let me sum up the video for you:  "If you do anything for leisure, you are obviously poor because rich people are too busy making money to ever do anything for entertainment.  Your entire life must be focused on amassing wealth."

What a load of horseshit.
View Quote
Rich people will go to sporting events but they are. It constantly talking about sports, dressed up as a fan, tail gate etc....

They go to games to make deals and socialize.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
That was a pretty good video. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fucking seriously?  Have those dumbfucks seen the prices of tickets to most professional sporting events?  They honestly expect me to believe "rich" people aren't into sports?
Let me sum up the video for you:  "If you do anything for leisure, you are obviously poor because rich people are too busy making money to ever do anything for entertainment.  Your entire life must be focused on amassing wealth."
View Quote
I haven't seen many Fortune 500 CEOs  at sporting events wearing a foam cowboy hat, stripped to the waist, with a letter painted on their chest.

And I would venture a guess that there aren't many millionaires calling in to SportsChat at 2am, to bitch about the local team's "D".
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So the people who buy tickets to the game aren't just as guilty of wasting time/escapism?

The video is bullshit.  I know rich people and they do at least 10 out of the 15 things on the list.  The list really should be called "things workaholics avoid because they think it's a waste of time."
View Quote
Wow you're really triggered. Are you poor?

You seriously didn't get those points even after they were explained in detail? Cause I thought it was spot on for the most part. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Rich people will go to sporting events but they are. It constantly talking about sports, dressed up as a fan, tail gate etc....

They go to games to make deals and socialize.
View Quote
Almost everything they do is to network.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd like to hear the author explain how paying full price for clothes or anything that's a necessity, will magically make poor people richer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3.Buy sale clothes (affluent reject clothes)
I'd like to hear the author explain how paying full price for clothes or anything that's a necessity, will magically make poor people richer
One of my friends died last year. She was in her early 60's and for all intents and purposes didn't really look poor.

After she died friends and family members had to clean out her house that we thought she owned. She didn't own it, an old friend from another state did and let her live there and pay the mortgage.

The closets were full of clothes purchased on sale, most with the tags still on them. 

She was a hard worker but not a smart worker. As a result she pretty much always was working. She had a couple son that never worked, she was raising one of her grandsons.

In spite of all this she managed to go on a few cruises a year and other travels. 

I guess she had the last laugh, she avoided being poor in old age. I wonder if she would have gotten so sick if she wasn't constantly stressed from supporting her sorry ass grown ass man children and constantly bailing them out of trouble.

She sure did have a shitload of stuff she got on sale. If she did away with that she could have quit on of her jobs and taken accounting or some other thing that would have paid better.

I have another poor friend that works several jobs. She is also raising a grandson. She would have a nice retirement account if she just quit smoking. The grandson just graduated, he has no goals or aspirations. He plays games and sleeps all day. He doesn't even want to learn how to drive. He will never be moving out to start his own life. She sees nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rich people go to the games, but they don't give a shit. They ghave because it's something cool to do. Poor people are the "superfans". Exceptions abound with everything, but I've been to sporting events in expensive suites with people who barely watched the game and probably weren't even sure who "we" were playing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This +1
View Quote
This and I definitely am not rich. I have a Lotus though
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Rich people go to the games, but they don't give a shit. They ghave because it's something cool to do. Poor people are the "superfans". Exceptions abound with everything, but I've been to sporting events in expensive suites with people who barely watched the game and probably weren't even sure who "we" were playing.
View Quote
I will confess that I don't remember who the Texans were playing the last time I was in a box on corporate tickets.  I also don't remember who won, but it was almost a year ago...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. I know a guy who makes about $250k a year whose idea of going out to dinner is Applebee's. And he uses gift cards.

That was probably one of the dumbest lists I've ever seen. Paying full price for clothes does not make you rich. It makes you frugal and smart with money, which in turn makes you rich.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That would have been a much better point. If you're poor, don't fall into the trap of consumerism that alot of poor and middle class do. Do you really need 15 pairs of Jordans, 30 pairs of jeans, 15 purses, etc.
View Quote
That's the entire trap of consumerism. Guy Ritchie broke this down on Joe Rogan's podcast the other day and it fucking blew my mind. The suggestive language these marketing teams use is designed to lower your self-esteem, which creates the urgency for you to repair it, which leads you directly to their shiny new trinket.

Watch that video again and listen to how many times they mention shit like "your current situation."  Fix your current situation you deadbeat.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top