Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
DIET MT. DEW!?!?!?!?!

WHAT THE FUCK MAN!?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Go see her bro...
Ask him which tooth is worth $50 (or what ever amount went missing from your GF purse).
Tell him you'll be leaving with one of his teeth or the cash, his choice.
Tell him, you'll be back the next time, and he'd better change his ways before he runs out of teeth.
Cause when the teeth are gone you'll start with his sticky fingers next.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Honestly, I think you have a bigger problem in the mother-in-law than you do the brothers.

This.

Sheesh, I have a problem brother-in-law, but this story makes me count my blessings.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Simplest solution is to move 100 miles or more down the road..  As long as you live in the same town you're fucked unless your GF is willing to alienate her Mother, something she probably isn't willing to do.  Or unless someone can make Mom see sense, which sounds unlikely.

Ask your GF now what she'll do when Mom says "If they aren't allowed to come to the wedding then I'm not coming either".  While you're at it, ask her what her Dad will do when Mom tells him he can't go either.

My advice?  Move away.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I see many problems in your future. Sad but true.

word
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You marry the girl, you marry the family.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not true if the person you marry is willing to cut the bad parts of her family out of the picture.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Spoiled kids that want for nothing and are used to the parents cleaning up their mistakes, sounds like my ex-wife's family.  Unfortunately my ex-wife had similar bad behaviors because of it, I just didn't recognize them at the time.

Answer this question, who is paying for her medical school?  Is she working and taking responsiblity for the tuition or are her parents covering it and she just skates by.  If she isn't working or being responsible then based on what you already said about the family, eject!  That family will be fucked up forever, people don't change.  The mom is an enabler who will never see her son as a bad guy and will always take his side over yours.

I would try to setup the brothers and bust them in the act.  Get security cameras setup in your girlfriends room and have her leave some money in her purse.  If the brother steals it, have her call the police directly.  If she isn't willing to do this then she doesn't want to fix the problem either, just like the mother.

I don't see how this relates to anything. Her parents worked hard and have money that they wish to use to help their daughter focus on school. How is this  a problem?

Yep. Thats how medical school is. You just skate by

I really don't see how your parents helping through a school that costs over $100,000 is irresponsible or an indicator of bad parenting/poor character. I mean, if you're going to nitpick, thats probably the wrong direction to go.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Simplest solution is to move 100 miles or more down the road..  As long as you live in the same town you're fucked unless your GF is willing to alienate her Mother, something she probably isn't willing to do.  Or unless someone can make Mom see sense, which sounds unlikely.

Ask your GF now what she'll do when Mom says "If they aren't allowed to come to the wedding then I'm not coming either".  While you're at it, ask her what her Dad will do when Mom tells him he can't go either.

My advice?  Move away.

Well, we're DEFINETLY moving. Not even a question there.

Hadn't thought of that angle.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Spoiled kids that want for nothing and are used to the parents cleaning up their mistakes, sounds like my ex-wife's family.  Unfortunately my ex-wife had similar bad behaviors because of it, I just didn't recognize them at the time.

Answer this question, who is paying for her medical school?  Is she working and taking responsiblity for the tuition or are her parents covering it and she just skates by.  If she isn't working or being responsible then based on what you already said about the family, eject!  That family will be fucked up forever, people don't change.  The mom is an enabler who will never see her son as a bad guy and will always take his side over yours.

I would try to setup the brothers and bust them in the act.  Get security cameras setup in your girlfriends room and have her leave some money in her purse.  If the brother steals it, have her call the police directly.  If she isn't willing to do this then she doesn't want to fix the problem either, just like the mother.
I don't see how this relates to anything. Her parents worked hard and have money that they wish to use to help their daughter focus on school. How is this  a problem?

I really don't see how your parents helping through a school that costs over $100,000 is irresponsible or an indicator of bad parenting/poor character

It isn't, don't worry about it.  Just concentrate on the GOOD advice you've gotten here so far.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really, I haven't seen my BIL's in over 20 years. We still send them a Xmas card though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Tell here to carefully leave a dollar on a set mouse trap.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Tell here to carefully leave a dollar on a set mouse trap.

They'd pawn the mousetrap.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Brothers a junkie.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#15]
set up a sting, catch the little fucker in the act, give him a tune up, profit!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell me OP. You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Tell me OP. You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

What?

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Brothers a junkie.

This is a known fact. Parents don't care. Or at least stopped caring.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1) Buy Cheap safe
2) Lag safe to floor
3) Hook it up to a 220 outlet
4) Install motion activated camera
5) Go on vacation
6) Profit

FIFY

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You've got a bipod attached to that rifle.

What's with the pillows?
Also, that haircut makes you look like a child molester.

She shoots better with the "rest".

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#21]
stash a few eight balls in his car, give cops anonymous tip... profit...
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Time to sit down for a no-shit talk with your girlfriend about the MIL and her brothers, and your future involvement with them as a married couple.  Is she willing to stand up and cut them out if necessary?  Is she willing to walk away from her dad too, since mom apparently wears the pants in that household?  Is she OK with the possibility of walking away from everyone but her sister?

Sounds like "O" has a drug problem.  She needs to understand that, as a physician, she WILL be approached by friends and family members looking for dope.  He (and his friends) will often have a hard time understanding that physicians rarely carry a little black bag of meds these days, making the idea of B&E to look for it a real possibility.  

Just a couple things to think about.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
NEVER. NEVER invite the brothers over to your place.  

I'd FLAT OUT tell your future mother-in-law that her sons are not welcome in your home.

This.  If mommy dearest wants to enable the little criminals, not much you can do.  But the line needs to be drawn that they aren't to be on your property, or they will be trespassed, or shot.

I gather from the tone of your message that the only enabler here is mom.  If your girl is enabling them as well, eject.

Also, remember what happened to that Marine in Arizona who's brother was a dirtbag drug dealer.  Stay the fuck away from that drama.  No contact, period.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well here it is...

I've been seeing this girl for years now (2005) and we really love each other. She is about to start her second year of Medical school and I'm going on my second of undergrad, so we are waiting until school is over to get married.
Anyway, she lives at home about 5 miles from me during the Summer. She lives in an affluent community (dad is a doctor) and she and her 3 sibling want for nothing. She is the farthest thing on earth from greedy and spoiled, as is her sister, but her brothers are a different story.

Her one brother, (we'll call him "O") is 18 or 19. He constantly gets into trouble and is in general an awful person. My girlfriend is always finding money missing from her purse and stuff and its obvious that it is him doing it. Last night we went to watch Super 8 at the theater and when we got in line to pay for the tickets (me and the lady ALWAYS go dutch), she had no money with which to buy her ticket. This was highly unusual for her, as she usually has at least $50 in her pocketbook at any given time. I bought her ticket and we didn't think anything of it. She called me this morning and told me that she told her sister about the incident at the ticket counter last night and that her sister said she also didn't have any money in her purse! Her purse however was inside of the center console of her vehicle which was locked up. Her sister, infuriated, called her mom to tell her that "o" was stealing money again. Her mom's only response was to say, "Well, you should have hidden your purse better". WTF!! who says that? She then told her mom it WAS hidden in a locked vehicle. Her mom's response was, (get this) "you should hide your vehicle keys better". I didn't even know what to say to that. Her dad has actually called the police on them before and the sons have "ran away" (they are adults for what its worth), only to return 4-5 days later when their mom BEGS them to come home. The dad doesn't even care by that point, as he just wants his wife to stop crying about her poor little babies who didn't do nuffin being alone alone out in the cold.

What the fuck ARFCOM!?! I'm going to marry this girl soon and I'm going to be marrying into a family with 2 thieving little cocksuckers in it! I'm not going to even want them at the wedding, as I would die of embarrassment if the coatroom got robbed by one of the fuckers. God help them if they ever steal from me or my future wife. I'll fucking bury them. I can't think of anything I hate worse than thieves, except maybe thief enablers...

Thoughts?

Pic of GF

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo212/markfall/guns/SDC10632.jpg

You are going to marry into this fucked up family? you are fucking on crack.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Brothers a junkie.

ya think???????
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Just a thought, does she have to do her residency/internship locally?

"I'm sorry mom, but 600 miles is as close as I can find".
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Just a thought, does she have to do her residency/internship locally?

"I'm sorry mom, but 600 miles is as close as I can find".

I don't think they can even pick, from what I understand, but it won't be local.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#29]
If the brother is truly a junkie, it a self correcting problem. Just give it a little time.

He will probably:

1. OD

2.get busted for something

3. Steal from the wrong person (his dealer)

4. Fuck his life up so bad he kills himself

Or, you can take the high road and try to help him unfuck his life. Odds aren't good with this one, but a gallant effort.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really don't see how your parents helping through a school that costs over $100,000 is irresponsible or an indicator of bad parenting/poor character. I mean, if you're going to nitpick, thats probably the wrong direction to go.

If I had the ability to pay for my kid's college/medical school, I sure as hell would.  I call it standing on the shoulders of those that came before you.  Now, if my kid is a peice of shit thief, I wouldn't pay for a fucking thing.

After watching my brother go through med school (he took out loans) and residency, I say that you have to have a pretty good work ethic to make it through.

OP, what kind of doc does she want to be?

––––What would she think about eloping?  That would solve the problem with the brothers.  Leaving and Cleaving can be a bitch for some people. If y'all are serious about marriage, talk about setting up boundaries with the inlaws.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#31]
OK OP I am gonna give you advice, Not that any of it would matter. My Wifes 3 siblings, 2 sisters and a brother, are all adictied to something. More than once have they stole from us. broke into the wifes car, my truck, stolen money out of her purse at her grandparents. We have removed our selves as far as possible from them. I also removed one of them from us. Christmas Day Crack head BIL and his crack head baby momma were standing in my Prego wifes face screaming how she is worthless, and doesnt do enough for our kids, which is total BS. I got inbetween all of them and told the crack heads to leave.  then the fight started. Needless to say I beat the ever living hell out of the BIL and have not seen him since.

So My advice is, Get them out of yout lives as soon as possible. whatever it takes. Just dont kill em new bride might not be happy with hubby in the pokey
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hadn't thought of that angle.

That's exactly how I expect it would go down.  Your wife will have to choose between you and them.

If she just seems to cave in though, my bet is she will just show up with them.

Seems like the perfect excuse for a destination wedding.. You, your parents, her, her parents, a nice resort somewhere... It's hell trying to crash a wedding in another country.

If I were you, that would be my line in the sand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Go for a visit at her parents' house, leave your wallet out on the table, and when it happens to you, kick his ass.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Do what I did for a wedding.  It was awesome.  It will cut out a TON of your problems.

Get married here by a justice of the peace, and have a sham wedding ceremony in Mexico or some other foreign destination.  Everyone pays their own way.  People will never suspect your real motive is preventing a disaster of a wedding.

The only people who will go will be the ones willing to take a few days off work and pay for the trip.  Any bullshit they pull will be on them.  All guests will have rooms inaccessible to the junkies.  Hell, if they are addicts, they may not even go if they are dependent enough.

After you take all of this into account, you then take the actual wedding scene itself:

In a gazebo 10 feet from the Caribbean?  Check
     Cheap?  Check
     Awesome time? Check
     Easy trip to your honeymoon?  Check

We offered 3, 5, and 7 day packages for our guests, and we went for 11 nights.  It was a wild party at first and slowly de-escalated into a few days of peace and quiet for us.  

I highly recommend this for anyone looking to get out of a local wedding involving riff-raff.  

It just so happens, my wife was in med school for our wedding as well.

ETA:  Saw your edit...PM me if you want any info on the wedding idea.  I still have all the scoop.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nvrm. Girlfriend wanted me to delete this. She isn't comfortable with her peronal problems on the net. Thanks for all the help guys.

And so it begins.........
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nvrm. Girlfriend wanted me to delete this. She isn't comfortable with her peronal problems on the net. Thanks for all the help guys.

Indeed.

Bet it's not the whole airing dirty laundry part she's worried about so much as the possibility that you're going to have her make difficult decisions.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good luck.  Remember, communication is key when forming stable meaningful relationships.  Make sure y'all talk about your future plans and concerns.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

Bet it's not the whole airing dirty laundry part she's worried about so much as the possibility that you're going to have her make difficult decisions.

This.

GF's mom needs to be told to STFU.

consider banning together with the Dad who threatened to call the Cops on them. Consider the idea that you* call if you have knowledge of them doing something. Dad'll testify that they did. Character witnesses will testify to them being shitbirds. "my baby didn't do nuffin" mom melts on the stand. Brothers find good boyfriends in the slammer.

?

profit.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Just FYI, some years ago my friend Tom got married and I went to his wedding along with several mutual friends. One of them, Bob Broulliard, had got himself addicted to oxycontin. I left my jacket on my chair with my wallet in the inside pocket, and went outside to smoke a cigarette. Bob was outside and he went in when he saw me out there. When I went back to the table, he was sitting in my chair and my jacket was bouncing up and down.

His reaction was deer in the headlights, but I never expected that my friend was picking my pocket at my other friend's wedding reception. He said he was sorry he sat in the wrong seat and he left immediately. A little while later I went to the best man to give him $250 that I owed for the bachelor party. It was gone. Mr. Broulliard is now deceased, which is why his name is given here. So yes, OP, people will pull that kind of shit at weddings. It's pretty sad.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top