User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the animal ghosts a danger to the human ghosts?  There are clearly no ghost guns...imagine being a big, bad scary ghost back from the dead to terrorize feeble-minded humans and you get whacked by a fucking ghost-tiger?  Like, WTF?  What are the odds of that?  You're lurking in some creepy house and all of a sudden RRRAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!  Ghost tiger wipes your ass the fuck out!!!  The circle of life (or whatever) continues...

You imagine that shit on your dolby surround ghost hunting audio?

Lol, I don't know who you're talking to, you never quote.

If it's me, then don't bother...I don't believe.

No, man...I'm directing it "at large".  I believe it's harder to justify a lock that way.
You got my gears turning and I'm contributing to the discourse.

Weren't we going to get beers or play video games or something?

Name the weekend...exept the holiday weekend coming up since I gotta work. I'm down for some games and beer.

Awesome.  I've been playing 360 and PS3.  Left4Dead, MW2, Army of Two mostly.  You were talking about the Wii, right?  I don't care; almost all games are fun.  I'll IM you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They are like magnets, yo!

How do they work?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I used my Ouija and partied with these guys (no homo).

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4934038406_cfe9388f1f.jpg
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
ETA: Page Ownage Fail

I've had plenty of experiences.  Most recently heard someone ask "Who are you?"  While sound asleep.  Used to be shaken awake almost nightly between the ages of 8 and 12.  Sister tuned all of her alarms off, lights, and TV seeing as how she didn't work the next morning.  She woke up to her stereo blaring, TV on but with snow, and her lights on.  At the foot of her bed, there was an impression as if someone sat down and was watching TV(she said it's possible she woke up and did it but that doesn't make much sense.  Why turn on your lights, crank your radio and watch snow on the TV?).  I woke up at 6am every Saturday when I was younger to watch Saturday morning hunting shows, I looked over, saw my mom standing in the living room, i said hi, she didn't, I look back over and no one was there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess it's gonna take a ghost bitch slapping for me to believe.  I'd really like to believe, but without proof...I just can't.

And I don't see that happening.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess it's gonna take a ghost bitch slapping for me to believe.  I'd really like to believe, but without proof...I just can't.

That seems to work for most.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't blame you.  I wouldn't believe if I had not had those experiences....    

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems to work for most.

Doesn't quite work for me...
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Again, whats proof?

If you can explain the odd voices from my Gettysburg trip be my guest. Thats why i do it to see what that stuff is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n71ffdPf7BE

Or the Ghostly figures walking down the road in Gettysburg in front of our hotel a short distance from the high Water mark portion of the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAKex58Ao2Q

I'd love to have awnsers, but i wont dismiss the stuff either..
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, whats proof?

If you can explain the odd voices from my Gettysburg trip be my guest. Thats why i do it to see what that stuff is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n71ffdPf7BE

Or the Ghostly figures walking down the road in Gettysburg in front of our hotel a short distance from the high Water mark portion of the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAKex58Ao2Q

I'd love to have awnsers, but i wont dismiss the stuff either..

So you consider that evidence of ghosts.  I'm curious...what do you do for a living?

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]
One night I was getting ready to lay down and I heard 3 bangs on the screen of the window and so I went to look and when I opened the curtains there was a transparent cat suspended in air staring me in the face from the other side of the window.

After I banged on the window I yelled at it and told it to leave. It scrunched down,walked to the right,turned it's back on me and jumped out into nothing.

This took about 60 seconds and while it was doing whatever it was doing..I examined every inch of what I was looking at.

This creature was transparent and it was floating in air right out side my window. It looked like a cat but it was not a cat and it wasn't standing on anything..It WAS suspended in air and it banged on the screen of the window to get my attention.

this was about 13 years ago and it frightens me still..

Other people have experienced the same thing in the same room at the same window.A black transparent being that portrayed itself as a cat.

My daughter once came out of the room at night,MAD, and said cats were jumping onto the bed from out of

thin air.She was 7.

She had never been told of what had been seen by many others..This wasn't the first time someone had experienced "cats" jumping on the bed.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you consider that evidence of ghosts.  I'm curious...what do you do for a living?

I'm all ears. Be my guest to give your thoughts on what it is...
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One night I was getting ready to lay down and I heard 3 bangs on the screen of the window and so I went to look and when I opened the curtains there was a transparent cat suspended in air staring me in the face from the other side of the window.

After I banged on the window I yelled at it and told it to leave. It scrunched down,walked to the right,turned it's back on me and jumped out into nothing.

This took about 60 seconds and while it was doing whatever it was doing..I examined every inch of what I was looking at.

This creature was transparent and it was floating in air right out side my window. It looked like a cat but it was not a cat and it wasn't standing on anything..It WAS suspended in air and it banged on the screen of the window to get my attention.

this was about 13 years ago and it frightens me still..

Other people have experienced the same thing in the same room at the same window.

My daughter once came out of the room at night,MAD, and said cats were jumping onto the bed from out of
thin air.She was 7.

She had never been told of what had been seen by many others..This wasn't the first time someone had experienced "cats" jumping on the bed.
a black transparent being that portrayed itself as a cat.

You must mean translucent...I don't think you'd see a transparent cat.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The video is not enough to make a determination.  There are so many local lighting effects that could cause that.  Refraction within the lens of the device collecting the imagery.  Why would you jump to assuming it's the life force of a formerly living thing?  What could possibly guide such a leap other than a compelling desire to believe such a thing (which, interestingly enough, is also what might compel someone to be a "ghost hunter")?

ETA: I'm not going to dignify the audio with a comment...I'm strictly referring to the video of the shimmering reflection.

2nd edit:  Ok, I am going to comment on the audio....BITCH!!!  LMFAO!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I would have a ghost gun. It would be a Glock, since they explode all the time. Maybe I would put ghost Winchester White Box 45s in it, too.

I'd take a shotgun. You know, one with ghost ring sights.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The video is not enough to make a determination.  There are so many local lighting effects that could cause that.  Refraction within the lens of the device collecting the imagery.  Why would you jump to assuming it's the life force of a formerly living thing?  What could possibly guide such a leap other than a compelling desire to believe such a thing (which, interestingly enough, is also what might compel someone to be a "ghost hunter")?

For one one because we was in one of the most traumatic spots in American history with a ton of death and carnage. The place has a off the charts energy, and is one of the most haunted places in this country.  I was standing over his shoulder as he was recording, and I saw nothing. For some unknown reason our human senses cant fully pick up their energy, but our technology can. Thats why the digital recorder picks up such low frequencies that the human ear cant hear at the time for EVP's.  I dont have answers to why they exist, or how they work, but you dont have answers for why they dont exist or work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For one one because we was in one of the most traumatic spots in American history with a ton of death and carnage. The place has a off the charts energy, and is one of the most haunted places in this country.  I was standing over his shoulder as he was recording, and I saw nothing. For some unknown reason our human senses cant fully pick up their energy, but our technology can. Thats why the digital recorder picks up such low frequencies that the human ear cant hear at the time for EVP's.  I dont have answers to why they exist, or how they work, but you dont have answers for why they dont exist or work.

I used to do custom orthophotogrammetry.  Cameras and sensors pick up all kinds of shit that might not be visible to the eye, seem weird to some people, but are well understood and are unremarkable to scientists and technical experts who work with sophisticated equipment professionally.  Some weird flicker of light might not be evidence of a weird life force from beyond the grave.  It just might be a weird lighting effect the people there weren't aware of at the time.  But nothing will convince you...you're a True Believer.  This is like religion for you.  I understand.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[ But nothing will convince you...you're a True Believer.  This is like religion for you.  I understand.

I wouldn't go that far. It's a hobby in something that I would like to know more about. Dont we all? It's like anything else you gotta go in with a open mind, and not dismiss it off the bat. Grab a digital recorder, go to a cemetery or something and try it for yourself, then try to explain it. If you dont want to, and that kinda thing is not your cup of tea, then dont knock it and dismiss it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:08:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Cocaines a he'll of a drug?

Anyways I work at a company that deals with donors & we have walk in freezers with thousands of deceased donors.... I've never seen or heard anything crazy although some people out here have said things.  All I know is the mind can/will play horrible tricks on you when you r the only one in a huge quiet freezer with the dead at god awful times of the night.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I've had some weird shit happen at my house.

ETA: The place where I work is also haunted by a nurse who used to work here.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:32:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I lived in a haunted house when I was born. I was too young to remember anything but my entire family including family friends have related several incidents to me over the years. My mom moved me out of my nursery for good after she heard me crying one night and opened my door to see a glowing fog hovering over my crib. It slowly dissapated as my mother entered the room.

I used to work at a restaurant that was haunted when I was in high school. I wore a blue apron that tied in the back. One day I was washing dishes when I felt someone behind me shove me and pull my apron string loose. I turned around annoyed to cuss out whoever did it. When I did there was nobody there. That happened a few times. Other times I would be walking through the hot kitchen and enter an ice cold spot and the hair on the back of my neck would stand up. Im a true believer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:33:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I firmly believe that if such things existed that we would have solid evidence by now, whether it be video, or whatever. There are too many people looking and trying to find such things for them to exist and no one to have any solid proof.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:54:18 AM EDT
[#23]
No ghosts,only parallel universes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Ghosts are BS

My bedroom door opens and closes on its own, my ex-GF got scared and said the apartment was haunted.

Oh wait, its just the wind / pressure difference in the apartment doing it, coupled with the fact that the door lath never fully engages.  I can sit right there when its windy out and watch the door move a few inches forward and backwards.

When I went caving the group I was with could SWEAR that they heard voices talking.  I told them it was just some running water in the back of the cave.... got back there, no people or ghosts, just some running water.

Shit, if I leave my box fan on at night, when I'm drifting to sleep my mind tries to hear words in the randomness of the fan sounds.

We're programmed to see human shapes in things and interperate words from sounds, thats where all this ghost stuff comes from.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#25]
The products of an overactive imagination... either that or pleas for attention (by the living, not the dead).
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A friend of mine had this point of thought:

He says that "ghosts" are a christian thing, that they come from European, especially German culture. Is this true? Do other cultures/religions believe in them?
Just those nasty Christians out to destroy the purity and beauty of logical thought.

Live long and prosper.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are the animal ghosts a danger to the human ghosts?  There are clearly no ghost guns...imagine being a big, bad scary ghost back from the dead to terrorize feeble-minded humans and you get whacked by a fucking ghost-tiger?  Like, WTF?  What are the odds of that?  You're lurking in some creepy house and all of a sudden RRRAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!  Ghost tiger wipes your ass the fuck out!!!  The circle of life (or whatever) continues...

You imagine that shit on your dolby surround ghost hunting audio?

You sure are one cool mother fucker u know that? Awesome post homie lol!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ah, the mercurial, unquantifiable, unrepeatable,  mysterious "energy".  Sigh.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Because I've experienced one twice.  I can't explain what it was or why or anything.  I just know what happened, and there is no rational other explanation, and I am not crazy or misinterpreting anything....  It just happened.  I don't know what makes it happen or why, but it did....

This pretty much sums up my 3 strange encounters.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He says that "ghosts" are a christian thing, that they come from European, especially German culture. Is this true? Do other cultures/religions believe in them?
Just those nasty Christians out to destroy the purity and beauty of logical thought.

Live long and prosper.

People need a way to describe what they've seen or think they've seen.   If It falls outside the normal, it gets abnormal explanations.    I've had a couple of people tell me my house has ghosts.   A few times over the years I've seen things where I've thought 'you know, there's a quantum mechanical explanation for this'.   Or just 'WTF?'.    Alcohol?   Head rush?   Overactive imagination?   Visual neural effects?   Modern physics?   Supernatural effects?  

I'll go with Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation consistent with the available data is the most likely to be correct.   Just keep in mind you don't always have all the data.  And 'most likely' doesn't mean 'certainty'.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many people have died since man has roamed the earth?  Billions?

Don't you think that you would have a good chance of seeing a ghost by now?

Ghost, like religion, keep man intrigued and skeptical of their existence.

This is what I think...

That is pretty much how everyone thinks...... Until something happens to you and then you will never forget the blood dump you have from your head to your feet. Nothing like it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've never seen one, but I have close friends that said they did, no reason for them to lie about that to me.

They don't have to be lying to be mistaken.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Exactly what type of "energy"? How was it measured? What "charts" was it "off of"?
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#34]
My most intense experience happened about 10 years ago. My then employer purchased a long narrow building roughly 40 x 300 ft long.
It had 5 bay doors that opened directly to a set of train tracks right outside the doors.

This building was made specifically as hub to store soldiers bodies coming back from WW2 . I never gave it a whole lot of thought until to many little strange things
strung together kept happening .

We had a paint booth at one end of the shop and I stayed late one night to get some of my own car parts painted. While in the paint booth the boom box on the outside of the booth went from low to
cranked full blast. I mean pegged distorted as loud as it could possibly go.
Soooo that kinda freaked me out a bit. I did a complete check of the building from one end to the other. All locked up just as I had left it. I decided to go finish the parts because I really wanted them all dry for the next day so I could put them back on the car.

Anyway back into the paint booth (radio unfuckingplugged at this point) In there not 5 minutes and the banks of lights outside the paint room started alternatly shutting off and on. ( I could see it through the glass in the door of the booth)
At this point I had seen enough so I gathered up all my shit and headed towards the other end of the building where my truck was parked. As you walked from one end of the building there were light  switches at every bay door ,that you would either turn on as you went through or turn off as you were leaving. So I got to the far end of the building where the offices and my truck were. Left the last light swtch on by the door that I was going to go out of. Walked into the office  to shake the main door again (make sure it was locked)  I turned around to go out of the office look down to my right and EVERY bank of lights was turned on from one end of the building to the other. WTF

So there I stood thinking to myself ." Aint no way I am going to shut down the lights again tonight.
If that shit was not enough I turned my attention to the man door that we leave from the shop area to the parking lot. There in front of the door was a huge roller rack of doors that I had painted earlier that day. That rack was not there when I had turned to go into the office. I know that for a fact. The racks of painted parts never even went up to that end of the building. They were processed all at the other end. And shipped out through big doors opposite of the ones that faced the tracks..
Anyway this was the most freakish thing I have encountered. There have been others but this was just the most interesting one. Also,after that night I never stayed after work doing my own shit in that building. I had seen enough.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Live long and prosper.

People need a way to describe what they've seen or think they've seen.   If It falls outside the normal, it gets abnormal explanations.    I've had a couple of people tell me my house has ghosts.   A few times over the years I've seen things where I've thought 'you know, there's a quantum mechanical explanation for this'.   Or just 'WTF?'.    Alcohol?   Head rush?   Overactive imagination?   Visual neural effects?   Modern physics?   Supernatural effects?  

I'll go with Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation consistent with the available data is the most likely to be correct.   Just keep in mind you don't always have all the data.  And 'most likely' doesn't mean 'certainty'.

100 years ago people would have told us we were crazy about germs or things on the cellular level.   They would have said, I can't see it therefore it doesn't exist.  I've had a couple of experiences that cannot be explained with conventional science.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I saw one when I was a kid in our house, plain as day, walked by my bedroom, turned the bathroom light on, I screamed bloody murder, thought someone broke in, my parents came running, I made them search the whole upstairs to prove to me there was no one there. I was really young, 5 or 6, it was a while before I came to the realization that it was a ghost. There were many other very strange occurrences in that house, but that was the most obvious, and undeniable.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The products of an overactive imagination... either that or pleas for attention (by the living, not the dead).

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove us wrong...like I said, I'd like to believe.  I'm just gonna need some proof.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm a very sceptical atheist and don't believe in the supernatural.  Although I'd love to see something crazy if it exists.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Ghosts are BS

My bedroom door opens and closes on its own, my ex-GF got scared and said the apartment was haunted.

Oh wait, its just the wind / pressure difference in the apartment doing it, coupled with the fact that the door lath never fully engages.  I can sit right there when its windy out and watch the door move a few inches forward and backwards.

When I went caving the group I was with could SWEAR that they heard voices talking.  I told them it was just some running water in the back of the cave.... got back there, no people or ghosts, just some running water.

Shit, if I leave my box fan on at night, when I'm drifting to sleep my mind tries to hear words in the randomness of the fan sounds.

We're programmed to see human shapes in things and interperate words from sounds, thats where all this ghost stuff comes from.
I agree with this. Any other phenomena probably have scientific explanations.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm a very sceptical atheist and don't believe in the supernatural.  Although I'd love to see something crazy if it exists.

Me too, except I'm not an atheist.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd say people that readily see 'ghosts' only see or hear them because they want to.

I've let my mind trick me more than once into thinking that a deer was circling my stand during deer season. Especiallly in low light. Qual rooting around in the brush sounds exactly like somthing walking around.  Trees swaying with the breeze can make it look like something pacing.

Your mind can deceive you into not taking the logical conclusion and believe whatever you want. Even to the extent of ignoring the obvious cause or indicaters of something.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'd say people that readily see 'ghosts' only see or hear them because they want to.

I've let my mind trick me more than once into thinking that a deer was circling my stand during deer season. Especiallly in low light. Qual rooting around in the brush sounds exactly like somthing walking around.  Trees swaying with the breeze can make it look like something pacing.

Your mind can deceive you into not taking the logical conclusion and believe whatever you want. Even to the extent of ignoring the obvious cause or indicaters of something.

I want to see ghosts...I've gone to supposedly haunted locations (there are a ton in CO).  Which leads me to believe, there are no ghosts...
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I've seen or heard things, that had I not been such a skeptical person, I could have attributed to the supernatural.  being half asleep and 'seeing' a figure in the room, etc.  so in that sense, I do think the people who want to see something see it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've seen or heard things, that had I not been such a skeptical person, I could have attributed to the supernatural.  being half asleep and 'seeing' a figure in the room, etc.  so in that sense, I do think the people who want to see something see it.

But I want to see them...
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#47]
same here, I just don't think it's going to happen.  although I admit, if I saw a ghost, it would shake my entire belief system.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why do people believe in them? .

Because they are real.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#49]
In the years I worked as a cop and a paramedic, I've seen some weird shit I can't explain, can't discount, and have no other way of dealing with, other than to say "Okay..."

Don't know what the hell happened, but it did.  I'm not ruling ANYTHING out any more...  

Worked one code, guy's eyes were closed.  While getting a drug out of the kit, I dropped one of the boxes.  I was between him and the box, and his eyes were closed.  We got him back.

At the hospital, he told ME what color the box was.  My partner hadn't seen it.  You tell me...

FTA:  (Okay, before anyone asks.)  "Code" means the guy is DEAD.  No heartbeat, no nothing.  Just dropped, so he might be salvageable.  The drug boxes were maybe 6" long, 2" wide, 1" thick.  Small.  If you weren't watching, you'd have never seen it, and certainly most people don't pay attention.  This guy was down, but being worked on for something like 45 minutes.  CPR was done, and he got spanked with the AED about 15 times.  EACH time, it was a shockable rhythm.  He obviously wasn't ready to go.  After all the paperwork was done, about 30 minutes after we got to the ER, I told his wife he'd probably be unconscious for a while.  She told he he was awake already.  He WAVED to me.  "You dropped that Blue box..."  I think I touched the ground three times getting out of there.  Yep.  HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
XXqYf3GaHdE

GREAT show!  Loved it...  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top