Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
hey Tex...thanks for the invite to us S.TX shooters.  Beeville OR Sinton is okay by me.  I get to TX on the 16th of May..so just lemme know some dates.  also...sent you an IM

*edited just for the hell of it*
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm Ian
19 y/o
securtiy guard until college starts when i'll be taking a Business Marketing course
got a girl i'm seeing but i wouldn't say she's my gf yet. no kids
i like riding my atv, hanging with my friends, sailing, doing outdoor stuff, doing stupid teenager stuff, shooting at things
live in riverview, new brunswick, canada
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Ryan
17 this June
I have a girlfriend.
I like to shoot, surf Arfcom, hang with my friends.
I am in the class of 04, graduating 03 because I took community college classes, instead of HS ones.
I work as a laborer for my fathers construction company.
I drive an 03 CC XLT F250. Yes, I do make payments on it.
I live in Yelm WA
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
So why does Tiffany from CA, with no boyfriend raise your interest. Could be he is really Tifton, with a cute name for the boys. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
lebrew, breacher, hugo, you've all got IM's

ringo, eaker, where are yall at exactly?  get back to us, we middle-of-nowhere'ers may be able to meet up and shoot after all.

maybe meet in corpus to shoot at the sharpshooter?  another range yall might know about?  just drink a beer?  whatever.
View Quote

If we all get together to shoot, my I suggest the Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club. I have a membership there, and you can shoot out to 500 yards at the rifle range.

There is also an NRA High Power match this Saturday (at the same range) starting at 8:00. Anyone want to meet there for an "Unofficial" Corpus meet and shoot?
Either way count me in, Sinton, Beeville where ever.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My name is Susanne
married 20 years in Nov.
have 1 son 17
3 cocker spaniels and 1 springer spaniel along
with 5 ferrets.
I like shooting, 4-wheeling, and various other
hobbies. i grew up on the west coast and got transplanted to the east cost, after meeting hubby in the Army. I work 2 jobs right now and will be taking college classes in the fall. I enjoy AR15.com
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi.

I'm Mark.

I'm over wieght, bald, have 2 children and a wife who looks like you would ask her "What in hell are you doing with an old dried up piece of shit like that" when you see her with me.

I like cats with fava beans and a nice chianti and a picture of Tiffini
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi my name is Derek,
I am young, hot, and flexible...[naughty]

Anyway,
I like guns, trucks, and girls.
That't about it. (I prefer my guns and truck over all of the girls I have met so far...guns+4x4=happiness, girls=pain)
...and that is the only thing keeping me from hitting on Tiffany...[wave]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So why does Tiffany from CA, with no boyfriend raise your interest. Could be he is really Tifton, with a cute name for the boys. [:D]
View Quote

Shame on you!  Tif is bright, has “it” together and always has intelligent & supportive points of view.   There are attractive, interesting women that are single…they just know what they want – and will not settle for anything or anyone less!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]

"This is Elane Dickenson.  I'm 5'8", 123lbs.  I have brown hair.  I enjoy surfing, backgammon, and uh men who aren't afraid to cry..."

Sorry, just couldn't resist an "AIRPLANE!" quote... :)

My name is Chris
I'm 27 yrs old and am a pilot at a regional airline that flies for both Delta and United.
Live in Northern KY (just moved here from VA).
No kids
No g/f (recently split up, "She got the goldmine and I got the Shaft")
No pets (g/f took the cats!!  Well, at least I don't have fur all over the place anymore!)
Enjoy flying, guns, computers, music, hunting, skeet (guess those are guns too), a good book, museums, history, friends, and of course an occasional BEvERage at any local social establishment.

Now all I have to do is post a pic and I'll just sit back and wait for all the single AR-ladies to IM me...  [:D]

I'd better grab a snicker's bar....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I already know the little fellow known as my member![:D]

Actually, I'm 20, my name's Matt, the only family I got is the one I was born with.  I'm in college studying to be an environmental engineer(University of Maryland, College Park), I spend entirely too much time here, and watching scifi.  I also spend time with my friends, boozing it up and some less legal fun as well(nothing bad), and shooting(when I can, not a whole lot of places around here for that it seems).  In the summertime I usually do freelance painting/carpentry/landscaping.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi,

I'm dave, and I'm an alcoholic

[BD]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#13]
My gosh,  someone that lives in Sinton.  Do you realise I have never found someone from Sinton, outside of Sinton?  Have met guys from Goliad, Kingsville, Alice, and Ingleside in the military and while traveling, but never Sinton.

I'm from Corpus originally,  most of my family still live there.

My visits to Sinton usually involve barreling thru town at 60 mph towing a boat to Port A at 4 in the morning,  but stopping off to say hi is certainly appealing. (On the way back.  People are awake by then)

Do you fish?

To those of you not familiar with the area,  it's flat.  REALLY flat.  Your firing berm is going to be the highest point of elevation for 20 miles.  Everytime I go down there I think of buying up a strip of cotton land and building a 2,000 yard firing range for when I retire.  MY first job aside from a shrimp boat was the elevator between Sinton and Gregory.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]
patriot:  airplane is my favorite movie of all time

ringo:  let me know something, hell, give me a call, i'll go with you either way
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]
johninaustin.............to tell you the truth, there are not many things in the world i dislike more than fishing

that said, there are not many things in the world that i like more than drinking beer on a boat

but involve a fishing pole on my side of the deal and it just ruins everything

let me know the next time you're through sinton, we'll have a beer, im always here
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
patriot:  airplane is my favorite movie of all time
View Quote

TxRd:  It is my favourite as well.  In fact, when I first saw it when I was 5 years old, it actually made me want to be an airline pilot.

You wouldn't believe how accurate that movie really is, too.  Down right scary!  It's actually one of the more accurate "aviation disaster movies" that have been made.  Downright timeless in its humour as well.

It's a staple of the cockpit conversation.  I think almost every pilot at the company has it memorized.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
patriot: are you an airline pilot now?  this is a "get to know you" thread you know!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#18]
TexRdnec:

You have mail and an IM.

Anyone else want to go? If so, how does 9:30 Saturday morning sound at the Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club sound? It is just off Old Brownsville rd. outside Corpus.

Any takers??
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#19]
TxRed,

Yessir I am.  I work for a regional airline (Atlantic Coast Airlines, but none of you people start calling them and giving me shit, ok? [:D]).  I've been working there for about five years now (wow, been that long already?) Captain on a Dornier 328Jet.  We fly 'em under the "Delta Connection" banner out of Cincinnati and Boston.  We also have a huge operation for United as United Express (nice being tied to the Titanic.. I hope UAL makes it.  If they don't, it could indirectly mean my job as well).

[img]http://members.aol.com/blueridge41/images/n415fj%20on%20takeoff%20(medium).jpg[/img]

[img]http://members.aol.com/blueridge41/images/n413fj%20on%20final.jpg[/img]

It's a fun airplane to fly and I absolutely love doing it.  Small little bird, but it climbs like you wouldn't believe.  It's like having your own dragster!

Sometimes the days/trips get a little long (can be gone from home for 3 weeks a month on occasion), but the office has one hell of a view!  Summertime (the silly season with all the thunderstorms and such) is on its way, so it'll make for some longer days.

If any of y'all see a 20-something pilot walking through the terminal that has a Bushmaster Firearms sticker on his flight bag, that's me!

Patriot
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Ringo,
This weekend is not good for me. Mother's day is on Sunday and I have to work the 6a-2p shift. The next weekend would be a lot better for me, I'd like to getting some shooting before going in for shoulder reconstruction surgery on the following Monday. Corpus Christi would be ok, I would like to bring my issued mp-5 and let some of you guys(if you want to, doesn't belong to me it ultimately belongs to the people that pay my check)burn some mags through it.Private property would be a better deal for me if possible. I also have some AR's that need to be sighted in, let me know when something is finalized, I should be availible. I'm gonna need something to do for the 6-8 weeks that i will be out of work!!

Karl

PS: it's my left shoulder that is being operated on, the right shoulder should be fine for shooting mouse guns [D:]  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#21]
JohninAustin,

About the only time that i get to Sinton is to transport one of our lovely juveniles to the detention center located there[D:]

Karl
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello Jarret,.and hello Tiffany I am into Jean Manipulation also(can hardly get them on)!

Welcome new kids on the block,us old geezers know a lot collectively(except what we forgot),but are always here to help when we can!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hi Jarrett!

My name is Tiffany
age 24
Live and attend school in So. Cal.
No boyfriend, no kids, have a great cat though!
Shooting, playing pool, dirty dancing, meeting people, am VERY social, for fun
Studying Molecular Biology and Russian
Work for a gene manipulation laboratory

Welcome to the site, I find endless amounts of enjoyment and  humor here.  Have fun!
View Quote

I'd hit it!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#24]
TexRdnec, Ringo, Breacher, i'm down for a shoot in S.Tx....i just gotta get home first!  i dont hit U.S. soil till the night of the 17th, but i'd definately like to get together, shoot, bbq, beer...whatever.  

Johninaustin, you said you knew people in the military from ingleside??  shoot em an email..i'm from ingleside...bet i know em.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm a 36yo married male, live on a dead end road out in the country near Mt Airy, NC.  I work graveyard shift at a big ass teaching hospital, and have a State Issued License to Carry a Concealed Handgun.  

My bride works day shift, and knows how to outshoot me on a fairly regular basis.  She is proficient with the 590 propped in the corner next to the bed, as well as the handguns that she has selected, on her own.  She has her CHL, also.

I work from midnight till 8am, on a good day, then pull permits to do electrical work on the side to finance my hobbies.  Seems lately that my main hobby is remodeling the house to suit the bride....

Fuck That!  I get off at 0800 tomorrow, and have a small crew to go blasting with.  I have a seemingly never ending supply of computer monitors to send off to neverland..... I actually saw a 10 cubic yard construction dumpster full of monitors about a year ago.  Call me a dumpster diver.  I filled up the long bed of an F250....

Cleanup is a real bitch...

Life is Good!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I guess my screen name gives it away.
46 yrs old (birthday last Tuesday, geez I'm getting old)
2 kids 8 & 10
small business owner
There's not much I don't love to do, shoot IDPA, moderate drinking (ha, ha), baseball, turkey hunting, golf, sex...

[img]http://xballonline.com/newsthanks.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#27]
oooooooooh, BBQ, now we're talking

edited to say:

moderate drinking?  whats that?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#28]
This Saturday is a no go for me. (2 soccer games for my daughters, gotta take them to buy mothers day gifts, then take my son to re bait the trot lines can do next Saturday).
Im 42, a Family Nurse Practitioner in Edna Tx.
(Actually I live between Rasin and Goliad but nobody knows where Rasin is)
married for 15 years(broke a lot of hearts before that) 3 kids. 2 dogs, 1 cat, assorted pocket pets depending on the day of the week.
I like live music, museums, zoos, theatre, movies, good food, a good novel, Hobbies: off roading with a'84 K5 Blazer or the Kawasaki KLR, canoeing the Guadalupe or Coleto Creek
, Sailing Hobie Cats in the Gulf, hunt, fish, kikker dancin at Schroeder Hall.
Lebrew  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#29]
what a pisser leb..........and just when i got the wifes ok to go saturday morning
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Unlike the majority of population here, I am not a neo-con, fed, state doj, agent provocateur or mjtf.

I like cooking, reading, helping old people and being nice to animals.

I am a loyal American that likes baseball, the national pasttime.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi TexRdnec my name is Kirk Johns and live in Vandalia Oh. I work for World Airways and I love to build ARs
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This Saturday is a no go for me. (2 soccer games for my daughters, gotta take them to buy mothers day gifts, then take my son to re bait the trot lines can do next Saturday).
Im 42, a Family Nurse Practitioner in Edna Tx.
(Actually I live between Rasin and Goliad but nobody knows where Rasin is)
married for 15 years(broke a lot of hearts before that) 3 kids. 2 dogs, 1 cat, assorted pocket pets depending on the day of the week.
I like live music, museums, zoos, theatre, movies, good food, a good novel, Hobbies: off roading with a'84 K5 Blazer or the Kawasaki KLR, canoeing the Guadalupe or Coleto Creek
, Sailing Hobie Cats in the Gulf, hunt, fish, kikker dancin at Schroeder Hall.
Lebrew  
View Quote
oh MAN!!! what an idea!!! Gulf Coast Crew get together at Schroeder!!! OUTSTANDING!!! that place is unreal!! VERY fun!!  i had an exgirlfriend from La Ward...we used to go up there alot!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I think Charlie Robison will be at Schroeder next weekend (17th).  I'm selling some cows that morning, but should be free for the evening for "moderate drinking".  Sorry, this weekend is a no-go for me as well.

Hugo
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Reeves Ranch hosts overnight events, Charlie has a range there too I heard some .50's a couple weeks ago. When he gets out I'll find out what arangements can be made for perhaps a larger event.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#35]
ATTN:  CHEAP ATTEMPT AT ADVERTISEMENT

south texas ar15.com get together scheduled for may 24th a little north of corpus christi, if interested contact me!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#36]
My name's Doug, 38, and so single even Monks tell me I need to get out more often. I reside in "Fabulous Metropolitan Spartanburg, SC" (they make us say that). I work as a foreman at a concrete plant, and when I'm actually doing something OTHER than surfing arfcom, I like 4-wheelin', shooting (naturally), but not hunting. Just got a bone-stock 91 wrangler, and JUST got through lifting it, so this weekend, I'll be putting it through "trials".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top